ORAS LC My First LC Team!

Hey, so I've been playing competitive for a while now but I've never tried Little Cup so I decided to give it a try, but it's so different from the other metas that half of the time I don't know what I'm doing (especially when building a team) so I thought of asking you guys what you think of my team! I would love some suggestions on what to do to improve my team, but please don't be too harsh because this is my first team in LC. Now I'll get to the important part,

The Team

Fletchling

Double Bird (Fletchling)
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Fletchling's job is basically to kill anything that doesn't resist flying, and if it can get a swords dance up while doing so even better, then roost up to gain health back giving it more longevity. The EVs and nature are set so fletchling can kill everything it can, and with gale wings he won't be really needing speed so the rest of EVs go into bulk.

Mienfoo
Blue Suit (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Mienfoo is here to kill everything that gets in fletchling's way, like rock and steel types and knock some objects off. The EVs go into attack and speed because mienfoo is meant to kill things and do it fast. He's also there to hit pawniard.

Foongus
Ball-Hat (Foongus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Foongus is one of my tanks. He is there to put things to sleep and to prevent other pokes from setting up with clear smog. He also serves as a secondary pawniard check with HP fighting. As a tank the EVs go all into bulk to allow it to survive hits, so there is not much to explain there.

Slowpoke
Herp Derp (Slowpoke) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Slowpoke is the other tank. He's there because he and foongus work well together. While foongus can put one poke to sleep, slowpoke can paralize everyone and everything, making him useful against faster threats. The EVs go all into bulk with a bit of sp. attack.

Magnemite
Fridge Magnet (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 32 HP / 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Magnemite is here to help with the flying weakness in the team, and with a scarf he outspeeds every unboosted poke. HP grass is there to nail any ground types trying to switch in on an electric move. Together with mienfoo they make a good VoltTurn core. The EVs go all into sp. attack and speed so it can hit hard and fast.

Amaura
Diamond (Amaura) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 60 HP / 200 Def / 224 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Thunder Wave
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Amaura can also hit hard with refrigerate and nature power, hitting everythhing that doesn't resist ice. Ancient power is a secondary STAB that can also raise her stats, and HP fighting to deal with pawniard. The EVs are meant to maximize the power and the bulk.

And that's it! Leave any suggestions or changes you have for my team and that's about it!

Hey silvana47 , welcome to LC! Cool team; I'm a big fan of Mienfoongus, so a full regencore with Slowpoke is a neat idea I've unfortunately never used myself. A few suggestions:
- Replace Foongus's Clear Smog with Sludge Bomb. Removal of boosts isn't the most useful thing ever, as the rest of your team seems to handle Bulk Up Timburr pretty well, and it can't remove boosts from other boosters. (Ex. SD Pawn is immune to poison, SD Fletch OHKOs, SS Omanyte, clamperl, and shellder can kill it with ice moves, etc.) A higher base power move in Sludge Bomb helps give Foongus a little more offensive presence, and does decent damage to vullaby on the switch. The 30% poison chance is also really nice for it.
-Replace Amaura with Drilbur or Tirtouga. I love Amaura, but it needs tons of support to function, and thunderwaving checks on the switch doesn't quite cut it. (Especially if said check is Timburr.) Slowpoke is good enough for Para support, so Amaura doesn't seem to do much but die to fighters and Pawn.Your current team has no hazard users or control, so Drilbur would be excellent to put in rocks, spin them away, and maintain offensive presence. However, I noticed the current team is quite weak to bulky Ponyta. WoW stops Fletch and Foo from hitting nearly as hard, Mag is killed after rocks by Blitz, and Pony can just switch out of the other two mons. Therefore, Bulky Tirtouga could be a good option to put in rocks and stop Pony from decimating your team. Drilbur is probably better because it can remove entry hazards. (which are really bad for Fletch, Mag, and the many inevitable switches you'll make with a regencore) Tirt makes the team less weak to pony and fletch, which are both major threats to this team.
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet/Knock Off
Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

-Once you have a stealth rocks setter, I'd recommend using Drain Punch>Stone Edge on Foo. Stone Edge is really just for Larvesta, as Pony will always burn you first. The Stealth Rocks put tons of damage on Vesta, so it doesn't warrant running a move specifically for that mon anymore. Drain Punch is a nice STAB that heals off Life Orb damage, and it can also be used on Fighting Weak mons to avoid losing half your health to a High Jump Miss.
I'm out of suggestions, this is really nice for a first team. Good luck with it and all your endeavors in LC.

Hello! I am not the best LC team rater, as I am not the best teambuilder myself, but I can offer a few general pointers. First, try to make 3 lines of description for your pokemon, as that is required for a good RMT basically. This is a really nice team with a Regenerator and Volt-Turn core! Here are some of my suggestions

1. Bulky 12 speed Eviolite Mienfoo over Life Orbed Mienfoo. Assuming that this is a team around Fletchling, you have to be able to reliably remove the steel and rock types like you mentioned, and that is exactly what Mienfoo does. However, more bulk is very helpful to fufill this role, because Mienfoo needs to be able to switch in and out and check the steel types and Rock types constantly. Life Orb is generally for the more offensive sweeperish Mienfoos, while 12 speed is good for supporting, especially on birdspam. You could also consider running fast-foo with taunt. This spread also helps Mienfoo switch into Pawniard much more easily, as with Life Orb, Iron heads hurt, and your team has a harder time dealing with Pawn.

156 Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Mienfoo: 13-16 (61.9 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Pawniard Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 7-10 (33.3 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Bulky 12 Speed Mienfoo
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD OR: EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature/Jolly
IVs: 10 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics/Stone Edge/Taunt

If you want to use Fast-Taunt Foo, you can use the blue stuff instead of the black. Both options are fine, but DON'T run taunt on 12 speed Mienfoo

2. Magnemite is your main birdspam check (I'd say Amaura is too). However, they both can get worn down fairly easily, so I would suggest replacing Magnemite's item with Berry Juice, so you have a nice Sturdy Juice thing going on. Then, your moveset should be Recycle ( for the BJ), Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, HpGround or Endure.

3. I am not really sure about this, but Amaura feels a little off. I might suggest a replacement, but complete replacement of pokemon isn't exactly in my field, and I'll probably ruin your team. For now, until a better rater comes along (very soon), I suggest you run Scarf Amaura, if you are going to do the Magnemite change. Since you loose out on your Scarfer by making Magnemite more durable, you can make Amaura your scarfer instead. It hits basically like the same things that Magnemite does.

Amaura @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 60 HP / 220 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Dark Pulse

I would probably have someone affirm these changes before you make them.

EDIT: Omastar42 has a much better plan for Amaura, so you can keep Magnemite and just switch Amaura out for what he said to do. Just read Omastar 42's stuff.

Last edited:
Hi silvana47, this looks like a really well built team with very few weaknesses. Great job!

I do agree with Omastar42's suggestions because Clear Smog is situational with Foongus, and Stealth Rocks are an amazing entry hazard to give Fletchling an easier time to sweep.

First, Mienfoo should have an Eviolite instead of a Life Orb. Your team desperately needs something to counter Pawniard, who can stop Fletchling frrom setting up. Pawniard can freely do a lot of damage with its STAB Knock Off, which leads to Magnemite losing its Choice Scarf / Berry Juice. Life Orb Mienfoo doesn't really use its ability Regenerator really well due to the tremendous loss of bulk without an Eviolite. Without an Eviolite, Mienfoo can't switch in on Pawniard due to Iron Head doing about 61% to 76% and then Sucker Punching for about 28% to 38%. As you see, you have to rely a lot on rolls. By having an Eviolite, fast pivot Mienfoo can take an Iron Head really well and OHKO with Drain Punch gaining back a lot of health it took from the Iron Head. Mienfoo can take a lot more hits and pivot with U-Turn to gain offensive momentum and possibly let Fletchling clean up.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge / Taunt / Acrobatics

Also, I would like to suggest a different, but similar spread than the one Omastar42 mentioned for Drilbur. EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe with a Jolly Nature will be better for this team since you are guaranteed to live a +2 Sucker Punch from Pawniard, a big threat to your team as stated in the Eviolite Mienfoo suggestion. Drilbur can now check Eviolite Pawniard more efficiently in case it sets up a Swords Dance.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

That's all the suggestions I have for now. Good luck in your future battles! :)

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, silvana47!

This is a pretty nice team you have here, and I'm particularly fond of the triple Regenerator core formed by Mienfoo, Foongus, and Slowpoke, and it's interesting how you've also managed to incorporate offensive VoltTurn. However, I'm noticing a few problems with the team that I would like to help you fix by adding some changes. The main issue I'm noticing is that even though much of your team is well-equipped for hitting Pawniard for 4x super effective damage, the team has almost no Pawniard switch-ins and will suffer especially against the Swords Dance variant with Eviolite. The team also lacks hazard control in both removing hazards and using them. There are also a few EV spreads that could use optimization to better suit the metagame.

->

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Amaura is nice as a Fletchling check, but should usually never be relied on for its bulk otherwise, because it has too many common weaknesses that make investment in this area worthless. Because of this, Amaura is usually a Pokemon that a team must be built around due to the huge amount of support it requires to function decently. While still keeping the ability to check Fletchling in this slot, I'd like to recommend exchanging Amaura for Archen. While this does add a second Flying-type to the team, the two serve totally different roles, and the weaknesses of Flying are already accounted for by bulky teammates that can heal with Regenerator.

If there's one thing that neutralizes Regenerator stall, it's Spikes. Archen's immunity to this hazard and access to Defog will totally fix this issue if played correctly. Being able to remove Stealth Rock for itself and Fletchling is also a welcome addition. Stealth Rock is important on this team to assist Mienfoo with High Jump Kick OHKOes and also to ensure that your Choice Scarf Magnemite is able to safely get rid of Focus Sash Diglett after it comes in to trap it. The other benefits of breaking Sturdy and softening up Rock-weak Pokemon apply here as well, of course.

Blue Suit (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb -> Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk -> 76 Atk / 36 Def -> 196 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge -> Drain Punch

Your current Mienfoo set is not fit to deal with Pawniard in all circumstances, and the other members of the team will lose the battle for you if they switch into Swords Dance. Life Orb Pawniard is a problem if Mienfoo switches into Iron Head and then has to take a Sucker Punch. In addition to Eren Yeagar's suggestion of replacing Life Orb with Eviolite and Omastar42's suggestion of replacing Stone Edge with Drain Punch, I'd like to suggest the following changes to the EV spread. 21 Defense will allow Mienfoo to switch into anything Pawniard can throw at it and shift momentum immediately. Keeping the Speed EVs at 236 is important for ensuring that the only thing Pawniard can do to Mienfoo is Sucker Punch if it switches in on a Swords Dance. These changes alleviate your issue with switching into Pawniard, and Mienfoo's health is always kept up with Drain Punch and Regenerator. High Jump Kick is still on the set for that raw offensive power needed to get high damage when necessary, especially against Porygon before it can use Thunder Wave.

This concludes my rate! I hope you found my suggestions useful and I wish you success with your team!

Hey silvana47 , welcome to LC! Cool team; I'm a big fan of Mienfoongus, so a full regencore with Slowpoke is a neat idea I've unfortunately never used myself. A few suggestions:
- Replace Foongus's Clear Smog with Sludge Bomb. Removal of boosts isn't the most useful thing ever, as the rest of your team seems to handle Bulk Up Timburr pretty well, and it can't remove boosts from other boosters. (Ex. SD Pawn is immune to poison, SD Fletch OHKOs, SS Omanyte, clamperl, and shellder can kill it with ice moves, etc.) A higher base power move in Sludge Bomb helps give Foongus a little more offensive presence, and does decent damage to vullaby on the switch. The 30% poison chance is also really nice for it.
-Replace Amaura with Drilbur or Tirtouga. I love Amaura, but it needs tons of support to function, and thunderwaving checks on the switch doesn't quite cut it. (Especially if said check is Timburr.) Slowpoke is good enough for Para support, so Amaura doesn't seem to do much but die to fighters and Pawn.Your current team has no hazard users or control, so Drilbur would be excellent to put in rocks, spin them away, and maintain offensive presence. However, I noticed the current team is quite weak to bulky Ponyta. WoW stops Fletch and Foo from hitting nearly as hard, Mag is killed after rocks by Blitz, and Pony can just switch out of the other two mons. Therefore, Bulky Tirtouga could be a good option to put in rocks and stop Pony from decimating your team. Drilbur is probably better because it can remove entry hazards. (which are really bad for Fletch, Mag, and the many inevitable switches you'll make with a regencore) Tirt makes the team less weak to pony and fletch, which are both major threats to this team.
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet/Knock Off
Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

-Once you have a stealth rocks setter, I'd recommend using Drain Punch>Stone Edge on Foo. Stone Edge is really just for Larvesta, as Pony will always burn you first. The Stealth Rocks put tons of damage on Vesta, so it doesn't warrant running a move specifically for that mon anymore. Drain Punch is a nice STAB that heals off Life Orb damage, and it can also be used on Fighting Weak mons to avoid losing half your health to a High Jump Miss.
I'm out of suggestions, this is really nice for a first team. Good luck with it and all your endeavors in LC.
I think I'll change amaura for drilbur and I'll put sludge bomb on foongus, thanks for the suggestions!

Hi silvana47, this looks like a really well built team with very few weaknesses. Great job!

I do agree with Omastar42's suggestions because Clear Smog is situational with Foongus, and Stealth Rocks are an amazing entry hazard to give Fletchling an easier time to sweep.

First, Mienfoo should have an Eviolite instead of a Life Orb. Your team desperately needs something to counter Pawniard, who can stop Fletchling frrom setting up. Pawniard can freely do a lot of damage with its STAB Knock Off, which leads to Magnemite losing its Choice Scarf / Berry Juice. Life Orb Mienfoo doesn't really use its ability Regenerator really well due to the tremendous loss of bulk without an Eviolite. Without an Eviolite, Mienfoo can't switch in on Pawniard due to Iron Head doing about 61% to 76% and then Sucker Punching for about 28% to 38%. As you see, you have to rely a lot on rolls. By having an Eviolite, fast pivot Mienfoo can take an Iron Head really well and OHKO with Drain Punch gaining back a lot of health it took from the Iron Head. Mienfoo can take a lot more hits and pivot with U-Turn to gain offensive momentum and possibly let Fletchling clean up.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge / Taunt / Acrobatics

Also, I would like to suggest a different, but similar spread than the one Omastar42 mentioned for Drilbur. EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe with a Jolly Nature will be better for this team since you are guaranteed to live a +2 Sucker Punch from Pawniard, a big threat to your team as stated in the Eviolite Mienfoo suggestion. Drilbur can now check Eviolite Pawniard more efficiently in case it sets up a Swords Dance.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

That's all the suggestions I have for now. Good luck in your future battles! :)
I'll change mienfoo's life orb for the eviolite, thanks for the suggestions! :)

Hi there, silvana47!

This is a pretty nice team you have here, and I'm particularly fond of the triple Regenerator core formed by Mienfoo, Foongus, and Slowpoke, and it's interesting how you've also managed to incorporate offensive VoltTurn. However, I'm noticing a few problems with the team that I would like to help you fix by adding some changes. The main issue I'm noticing is that even though much of your team is well-equipped for hitting Pawniard for 4x super effective damage, the team has almost no Pawniard switch-ins and will suffer especially against the Swords Dance variant with Eviolite. The team also lacks hazard control in both removing hazards and using them. There are also a few EV spreads that could use optimization to better suit the metagame.

->

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Amaura is nice as a Fletchling check, but should usually never be relied on for its bulk otherwise, because it has too many common weaknesses that make investment in this area worthless. Because of this, Amaura is usually a Pokemon that a team must be built around due to the huge amount of support it requires to function decently. While still keeping the ability to check Fletchling in this slot, I'd like to recommend exchanging Amaura for Archen. While this does add a second Flying-type to the team, the two serve totally different roles, and the weaknesses of Flying are already accounted for by bulky teammates that can heal with Regenerator.

If there's one thing that neutralizes Regenerator stall, it's Spikes. Archen's immunity to this hazard and access to Defog will totally fix this issue if played correctly. Being able to remove Stealth Rock for itself and Fletchling is also a welcome addition. Stealth Rock is important on this team to assist Mienfoo with High Jump Kick OHKOes and also to ensure that your Choice Scarf Magnemite is able to safely get rid of Focus Sash Diglett after it comes in to trap it. The other benefits of breaking Sturdy and softening up Rock-weak Pokemon apply here as well, of course.

Blue Suit (Mienfoo) @ Life Orb -> Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk -> 76 Atk / 36 Def -> 196 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge -> Drain Punch

Your current Mienfoo set is not fit to deal with Pawniard in all circumstances, and the other members of the team will lose the battle for you if they switch into Swords Dance. Life Orb Pawniard is a problem if Mienfoo switches into Iron Head and then has to take a Sucker Punch. In addition to Eren Yeagar's suggestion of replacing Life Orb with Eviolite and Omastar42's suggestion of replacing Stone Edge with Drain Punch, I'd like to suggest the following changes to the EV spread. 21 Defense will allow Mienfoo to switch into anything Pawniard can throw at it and shift momentum immediately. Keeping the Speed EVs at 236 is important for ensuring that the only thing Pawniard can do to Mienfoo is Sucker Punch if it switches in on a Swords Dance. These changes alleviate your issue with switching into Pawniard, and Mienfoo's health is always kept up with Drain Punch and Regenerator. High Jump Kick is still on the set for that raw offensive power needed to get high damage when necessary, especially against Porygon before it can use Thunder Wave.

This concludes my rate! I hope you found my suggestions useful and I wish you success with your team!
I'll change mienfoo's life orb, thanks for the suggestions!

Nice first try on LC silvana47 this teams looks much more solider than the ones I build in my early carrier, basically this team as most people said I see a weak link on Amaura and Magnemite, so lets see, first remember that everything that will be said here is for personal preferences, and depends of how you feel about it, I Think you can really change Amaura for Drilbur as it give you the much needed hazard support and hazard control.

For personal preferences you can try

Ponyta > Foongus I think your team is a little fire weak as foongus is easy to be trapped by gothita and it let your team not being extremally weak for the likes of Sunnybeam ponyta, what is extremally dangerous as pony is the best physical bulk pokemon and with toxic and will-o-wisp it becames the best pokemon ever to check opposing fire mons and you have a sun check at this point as well, and a semicheck for the likes of Pawniard, what can let you use alternative sets of Mienfoo Like Choice scarf if you want.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-o-wisp
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)