Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Down week across the entire competition but I'm about to win both my semi finals, which means for the first time in my fantasy football history I'll be in the big game and could go 2/2 across my leagues :D

Won my fantasy semifinals. Before the two garbage time catches by Jeffery (including his score), I was up by .06
Regardless, on to the finals :]

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Damn I was looking at top players and Wilson is the 4th best QB this year? He literally has half as many passing TDs as every other QB1 except Tannehill (who only has four more)... oh and he has 750 rushing yards and five TDs. Alright then.

Who the fuck is Jarvis Landry and why is he a top 20 WR? Also damn Hopkins, lolandrejohnson.

I just realized the Thanksgiving game was when LeSean McCoy finally passed Darren Sproles in total scoring (with our .5 PPR and return yardage settings anyway). Not too many other surprises though among RBs or TEs.

Why the fuck are 8/12 of us (not me) still rostering multiple defenses post-BYE?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Making some ballsy moves in my two championship matchups this week

In my Smogon league, I think I'm gonna bench Peyton Manning in the cold vs Cincy to start Tom Brady vs a shitty Jets pass D. Haven't benched Peyton all season aside from his bye week.

In my other league, I'm leaning towards benching Lynch against an insane Arizona run D to start Jeremy Hill against a slightly less insane Denver run D. Haven't benched Lynch all season either barring his bye week.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By some miraculous stroke of good fortune I managed to make the final in all four of my leagues where I was in the playoffs. I had initially expected to lose at least two of these in the semis since my opponents had been on ridiculous scoring binges, but down weeks across the board netted me wins. Now onto the championships, where I will be happy to win even one out of four.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damn I was looking at top players and Wilson is the 4th best QB this year? He literally has half as many passing TDs as every other QB1 except Tannehill (who only has four more)... oh and he has 750 rushing yards and five TDs. Alright then.

Who the fuck is Jarvis Landry and why is he a top 20 WR? Also damn Hopkins, lolandrejohnson.

I just realized the Thanksgiving game was when LeSean McCoy finally passed Darren Sproles in total scoring (with our .5 PPR and return yardage settings anyway). Not too many other surprises though among RBs or TEs.

Why the fuck are 8/12 of us (not me) still rostering multiple defenses post-BYE?
I rostered 4 defenses this week. Points scored 22, 21, 20, and 11.

Fuck the rest of you more points for me !_!

THANK YOU BASED GARBAGETIME JEFFERY.

i shoot pool on mondays and couldn't watch the game, but the last time i glanced at my FF team Cutler was -2 and Forte was 4, so i thought my goose was cooked.

then i got a text from my opponent saying congrats and i flipped my shit. <3

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you would have told me I'd win $100 and be in the running for $700 because Eli Manning outperformed Aaron Rodgers, I'd never have believed you.

Edit: I also play pool on Mondays Deschain. We should vs each other imo

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
upload_2014-12-18_10-22-35.png

RIP me :(

and before you ask why I'm starting Crowell at RB2, it's because Blount is my only other RB option since I've had my original draftees both end up on IR

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I get to pick between two of Sankey/jstew/gerhart this week. I'm thinking of sitting sankey. And starting Gerhart. Gerhart. Ellington injury ducked me hard
Yeah I've noticed RBs have been a big mess this year between injuries, suspensions and just general inconsistency. It seems worse than most years, anyone else noticed this?

Yeah I've noticed RBs have been a big mess this year between injuries, suspensions and just general inconsistency. It seems worse than most years, anyone else noticed this?
Let's ask the fantasy owner who lost AP and had Stacy end up as a massive bust

Stacy sucks ass though and even last year looked like a plodding runner. I avoided him like the plague in every single league
I had my reasons for drafting him. Fisher has a history of sticking with a bellcow back, even when he "sucks." I also expected Stacy to be the recipient of many checkdowns after Bradford went down, which is obviously useful in a PPR league

I don't think there have been more busts at RBs this year than there have been in years prior, but maybe it feels that way because there were so many WRs+QBs+TEs taken in the first three rounds compared to most recent years.

I mean seriously, not one name in the top seven (Bell, Murray, Lynch, Forte, Foster, Lacy, Charles) is even remotely surprising, as they were in or near everyone's preseason top ten along with AP/Ball/Bernard. A lot of guys in the middling rounds have had lackluster seasons, sure, but that happens every year because RBs are so overvalued. The best strategy this year - and maybe every year - is to try and end up with one of the top guys, but rather than take a risk on one of the more questionable players, load up at WR and QB and then try your luck getting the Forsetts and CJ Andersons of the world off the waiver wire, or guys like Jeremy Hill or Lamar Miller in the 8th+ rounds.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I mean seriously, not one name in the top seven (Bell, Murray, Lynch, Forte, Foster, Lacy, Charles) is even remotely surprising, as they were in or near everyone's preseason top ten along with AP/Ball/Bernard.
I agree with most of these, but I know Bell and Murray were frequently falling to rounds 3 and 4 in the leagues I played in, and Foster was late R2/early R3. Obviously this will change next year, but I think most people are surprised at how ridiculous their production has been this year.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been mulling over Hopkins or Moncrief in standard all morning and I still can't decide ugh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)