ORAS OU Swordland

'Ello all! ^-^ This is going to be my first rate post with an actual ORAS Mega now. xD So yeah, in this team, I based some of my pokemon's sets off swords dance. I got the SD Idea because one of my alts: "Swordland" needed an actual OU Ranking so I decided to make a team for it.

So lezgo!
INCURSIO!~
Item: Galladite
Ability: Justified --> Inner Focus
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

So I started off with Mega Gallade as I really, really wanted to use it, with it's amazing new design. (Cape is 12/10 imo.) Plus, it has an amazing base attack stat, having 165. Along with this, it has a great physically attacking movepool, with moves like CC, Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak, Fire Punch, etc. But from all the moves, I picked 4. First, I chose Swords Dance because of (explained further above) and because of the fact this can win me games. Given it's pretty great speed at 110, it can speedtie with Latios/Latias and can outspeed a bunch of powerful threats, like Keldeo(w/o scarf.), Mega Charz, etc. So, the SD is to help with brutally slaughtering my opposition's pokemons with the pwoerful STAB Move, Close Combat. I chose CC over moves like Drain Punch because of the fact that it will do much, much more damage. Secondly, I chose Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt because Accuracy > Power in this case. Finally, I chose Ice Punch for coverage but I'm still not sure about it (open for suggestions.) I changed Psycho Cut to Zen Headbutt cause I tested out Zen Headbutt on ladder and it worked a lot better than Psycho Cut, thanks Riahi

Pumpkin!
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 40 Atk/ 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- HP Fire
- Gunk Shot

So, I chose Greninja second because of the fact in ORAS, Greninja learns the powerful move Gunk Shot. Gunk Shot is so useful now as it can OHKO Clefable, which was such a wall against Greninja in XY. In addition to that, I'm running Hydro, Ice Beam and HP FIre because:
Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are standard and I'm running HP Fire to take out unsuspecting Ferro's, Scizor's, etc.
I'm running 40 Atk > 4 Atk because I simply wanted more damage on special walls who can live a hit from a normal Gunk Shot.

Thirdly, I chose Thundurus.
Susanoo-san~

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
-Thunderbolt
-Knock Off
-Superpower
-HP Ice
I chose THunder wave due to the incredibly high speed tier in ORAS. With many pokemons reaching above 120speed, you need the t-wave to slow them down so that your other mons can actually do something against them and to prevent a clean/sweep.
Second, Thunderbolt and HP Ice are standard and Knock Off to get rid of them pesky Eviolite users so that my other mons can get rid of them easier and faster.
I ran 4SpDef > 4HP so that I only lose 24% instead of 25% from SR.

I changed the entire set to a mixed Thundurus set, because with Bisharp gone, I now have no pokemon to deal with eviolite users good. So I started off with Thunderbolt because it's Thundy's main move. Then, I moved onto Knock Off as it almost a staple in the current metagame in my opinion. Then, I chose Superpower to deal with T-Tar, Bisharp, etc. Finally, HP Ice for coverage. 76 ATK to OHKO Latios after rocks, thanks Riahi again xD

Lubba-Senpai~ =3

EVs: 252 ATK / 4 HP / 252 Spe 128 HP / 252 ATK / 128 SPeed
- Swords Dance
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Swords dance because of title + tons of power. Knock Off to again, get rid of those pesky eviolite users and to do more damage than sucker punch if the opposition's pokemon has an item. Also, STAB Knock Off + the item effect does so much damage. (Same with Iron Head.) Sucker Punch is pretty much standard. 128 Speed to outspeed non invested Bulky Rotom-W.

Lubba x Chelsea should've been a thing, but nooooo~

Pokemon: Klefki
Item: Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SpDef
Nature: Bold
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
So yeah, I got rid of Bisharp and replaced it with Klefki. As some of you said down below, Talonflame is a huge threat to my team. So I replaced Bisharp with Klefki (a much better "Lubba" in my opinion) and chose Foul Play to get rid of the Talonflames who are attempting to setup SDs. Foul Play will either do a ton of damage or even kill the Talonflame, along with many other pokemon. I then decided to give it dual screens so that my pokemon can setup easier and live more hits. Finally, Thunder Wave to cripple the ORAS Mega's who hit above 120 base speed >.>. Thunder Wave works well as I have replaced my Thundy set with Mixed Thundurus, so I needed a crippler. So Klefki was a really good choice, thanks Invok3r and Der Twist ^-^
Shark£$H@~

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
-Stealth Rock

SD because of previous reasons. EQ is one of or even THE BEST Stab Move due to no additional effects and a nice and powerful 100 base power, which is pretty high. Then I put on Outrage to do more damage to other mons as I mainly use Chomp as a cleaner/suicide lead. Finally, SR because of the standard reason.

One-Eyed Owl~

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 SpDef
Nature: Modest
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Draco Meteor does tons of damage to opposing pokemon because of STAB+it's base damage + Latios' high special attack, starting at 130SpA. Then, Psyshock is used for messing up special walls and to use a move to not get that -2 SpA drop. I use Defog to get rid of rocks for other mons. Finally , I use trick to lock the opposition into something like a recovery move.cause I absolutely hate stall, it's so annoying. :/
And I needed a scarfer because of the ORAS SPeed Tier, one of the highest speeds always.
So yeah, that's my pokemon team, hope you can make it better! :]

yeah, my scarfed latios set sucked.

"A new challenger Approaches"
"!"
"Keldeo Appears"

Kirito x Shiro (SAO + No Game No Life woooo)

Pokemon: Keldeo
Replacement for: Latios
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
-EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Nature: Timid

-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Icy Wind
-Scald/HP Electric

I needed a great scarfer and a good counter to bisharp + scarfed lando-t. Then, someone suggested Scarfed Keldeo. ( Thanks Der Twist ) Scarfed Keldeo works well against both of the threats mentioned above. With Icy Wind being 4x effective against Lando-T and Secret Sword being 4x effective against Bisharp, pretty sure they just die. Then, I chose Hydro Pump because of power. Then for the last move, I'm still unsure about whether to use Scald or HP Electric. Scald would help me burn physical attackers but HP Electric has more coverage. Right now, I'm using Scald and it's doing fairly well.

~Namda
So yeah, that's my Pokemon Team

P.S: Thanks for the help guys ^-^

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This is a pretty good first RMT, and I would love to rate it. Some changes should really be made to your team to make it even better, so here they are.

First of all, And this is just a nitpick, but on Garchomp it says Stealth Rocks. Change that to Stealth Rock Please.
Since you're running Life Orb Bisharp, I would use Max HP with an Adamant nature since Max Speed is meant for the Blackglasses set of him.
Next is Thundurus, and since you have Knock Off on Bisharp, it isn't needed on him. Instead try Superpower or Taunt for a wallbreaker, and Superpower for Bisharp.
Greninja doesn't need that many Attack EVs. Simply run 40 Atk / 216 Sp Atk / 252 Spe with a Naive nature to OHKO Azumarill. That's what Gunk Shot is really used for.

Other than that, the team looks great!
Hope it helps. ^^

If you want to remove Ice Punch in Gallade, I suggest Knock Off. As it has a chance to OHKO the Latis and the ability to get rid of Leftovers from incoming Walls.

Now, there is a problem with Latios's nature. As you said before:

And I needed a scarfer because of the ORAS SPeed Tier, one of the highest speeds always.
You should not be using Modest nature, but Timid nature. Also, be aware that you've Trick in that set. If you trick Latios's scarf, you will be losing against 100+ and 110+ Spe Pokémon (such as other Latis, Gallade, Medicham, and so on..)

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
This team looks pretty good overall, will try this team later maybe
akame ga kill nickname tho

Hey nice team there, there are few changes you can make.

I suggest Zen headbutt over Psyco cut to gurantee different KO's where Psyco cut would fail.
Here are some calcs:
252 Atk M-Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 324-384 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk M-Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 288-338 (82 - 96.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Greninja needs a Naive nature to take priority moves better, for example with hasty nature you won't be able to survive +6 Azumarill's aqa jet at full health most of the times. It doesn't need 72 Attack especially because Gunk shot is the only physical move you're using, the only reason to run 40 Attack is to OHKO max HP Azumarill.

About Thundurs, you could run 76 attack with naive nature if you want to OHKO Latios after rocks.

Adamant Bisharp is a better option for the SD set unless you want to run Jolly with Low kick + 172 speed for opposing Bisharp.

Btw Nice Akame Ga Kill nicknames ahah

Last edited:
Hey there, sweet ho team namdachu! After looking over your team, I realized that you get 6-0d by talonflame after it gets 1 sd up. You could fix this by changing thundurus to a scarf raikou to outspeed and kill it. One minor nitpick though, what is the point of a defogger if you have a suicide lead and your team isn't even weak to rocks anyway? If you want a stallbreaker in this slot, you could run lo taunt gengar. Good luck with the team, and I hope my suggestions helped!

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

The fact that you made a team with a Gren-ade + Bisharp offensive core and didn't call it 'Nail Bomb' is greatly disappointing. XD
Alright, on a more serious note, the phrase 'Ice attack' can give your team the runs. every mon outside of your offensive core has an Ice weakness, and that's a pretty big hole to have. I somewhat question your Latios set too, not just because it's Modest over Timid as mentioned above, but if you need a Scarfer then why run a Scarf on your Defogger? Sure, you'll Trick it away later but then your speed is gone, and it's a waste of coverage. Scarf Defog Latios is an absolute momentum killer, either you Trick your Scarf away early and leave yourself with out the speed, get Choice-locked into Defog, or let hazards wear your team down till the optimal moment to Trick. Long story short, don't use that Latios. What you do have though is good incentive to run Klefki, you have a Bisharp to deter Defogging so you could use that to your advantage and get some hazard stacking action going. He has prankster T-Wave too to cripple faster threats and whatnot as well as the ability to run screens if you want, but you could always go with the Foul Play and Play Rough double attack too. Your choice. Alright, now about that Latios, this team honestly doesn't need hazard support that much, especially if you're swapping Thundy, so you can run something to deal with other threats to your bunch. Immediate threats I see are Scarfed Lando and opposing Bisharp, to fix this I'd suggest Scarfed Keldeo. Scarfed Keldeo is very good in the meta and is the bane of many an offensive team in particular; most importantly, it checks those two threats. You could run Icy Wind to reduce speed of opponents to leave your fast team mates to pick it off or HP Electric for other Keldeos or both and choose between Hydro Pump and Scald. Hope this helped, man.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Foul Play

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald / Hidden Power Electric
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Flying]

I would replace your Thundurus set with this one if going mixed. The attack EVs allow it to OHKO Latios after SR damage, and give a good mix of physical and special power. HP Flying is also a good option over HP Ice to beat bulky Grass types, namely Mega Venusaur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)