steam winter sales

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
started today!

I just got metal gear rising for 4 euros. I heard it was garbage but I also heard it's pretty good. it can't be that bad and it's dirt cheap so why not.

share good/interesting deals here. i wanna see if I can get my hands on dishonoured GOTY for cheap.

do they usually do big sales on big games released in the same year? i.e. far cry 4. i assume not but it's worth asking.

Asek

Banned deucer.
If its a Recent release expect it to appear under the sale section, but not for it to be discounted ^_^

Probably won't buy anything this sale. Got pretty much everything I wanted in the summer sale + got the Boxing Day sales coming up so gotta be smart with how I spend.

Highly recommend getting civilization if it comes on sale, either the complete number 4 or 5 editions. Don't get the new space one, it's overpriced even on sale, and is inferior to the 2 that came before it

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Then I highly recommend you get the gold expansion / brave new world. Adds a lot of fun stuff to the game.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No trading card game this year? Really disappointing. I'd been hoarding my trading cards to try and craft all of them, then sell the winter trading cards, but without anything to use the trading cards for there's no demand.

grr still no sale on Shovel Knight

Metal Gear Rising was a decent little over the top action game with some control issues, it's a good bargain buy.

The one thing I'll be actively on the lookout for is DLCs for the Walking Dead, though I don't think any has been announced. If so, I just might go through this sale unscathed. The games on my wishlist are very low priority right now.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Almost every game on my wishlist is on sale, just not cheap enough for me to want to buy :P

I got the Endless Space expansion, haven't played it yet. I've been playing Payday 2 instead cause that had new DLC's the other day. Not a lot I really want for the rest of this year, I might get some Borderlands the Presequel stuff if it goes cheap.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I got and beat Transistor a couple weeks back when it was on sale. <3 Transistor
I also got it a couple weeks back when it was on sale, only started playing it now though. It was one of the games I was anticipating most this year other than Dark Souls 2 and Witcher 3, the latter which was delayed so yeah, lol.

It's amazing so far though. Lived up to all of my expectations and even more. The details in the game are fantastic.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
Dead Space 1 and 2 are both 75% off, super sweet deals if anyone wants something to play and haven't played them yet.

edit: Deus Ex: HR (the director's cut version) is 80% off sweet lord.

edit 2: batman arkham origins is 75% off!! recommended purchase despite it being not /as/ good as Arkham City although still pretty good.

Last edited:
^ I honestly didn't even check the actual thing, I just got an email saying it was half off since it was on my wish list. Guess I'll check and see.

aVocado

@ Everstone
New deals are here, Trine 2 is 90% fucking off!!

Rage is also 75% off, from the "community sale" or something.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Got portal 1 and 2 both for like 4 euros, lovely deal.

LA Noire, Shadow Warrior, and Skyrim are all on sale too

Dark Messiah is like 2 bucks, which is amazing, everyone should get it. Offer ends in like 4 hours too

aVocado

@ Everstone
Great series, i was contemplating getting arkham city but I already played it before, twice, lol.

never played Asylum, but Origins, while still pretty good, didn't live up to City's standards. still great game though.

I picked up Dark Messiah for like 1 and a half euro, not bad at all. Currently have my eyes on Dishonoured and Shadow of Mordor for any good sales. Also been checking out Gray Matter (p&c adventure game), heard good things about it and its 75% off and cheap as hell, not sure whether I should get it or not though, i've always wanted to try a p&c game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)