Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got these IVs from Sky Pillar Rayquaza
Rayquaza - #384 (Lonely) : 30 - 31 / 22 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31

The Lonely nature is intentional. Should I finish the battle and suffer through the hour long cutscenes to verify further IVs, just for a suboptimal attack IV?

I have shiny "flawless" Hasty and Mild Rayquazas from HG/SS (IVs were restricted back then so there are some 30s) so I already have optimal Rayquazas, but I don't want to just accept a suboptimal one that's available in-game. Whaddya think?

Got these IVs from Sky Pillar Rayquaza
Rayquaza - #384 (Lonely) : 30 - 31 / 22 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31

The Lonely nature is intentional. Should I finish the battle and suffer through the hour long cutscenes to verify further IVs, just for a suboptimal attack IV?

I have shiny "flawless" Hasty and Mild Rayquazas from HG/SS (IVs were restricted back then so there are some 30s) so I already have optimal Rayquazas, but I don't want to just accept a suboptimal one that's available in-game. Whaddya think?
I would say to keep trying, the cutscene and Deoxys fight take so long that it's worth it spend that time soft resetting for a better attack iv. In the hour you do the cutscene you can probably catch another 50 lonely Rayquazas, and one of them is likely to have an attack iv that is higher than 22.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh and regarding that stupid cut scene, I check the IVs in the subsequent battle. I can deduce the nature based on a hardy lv 70 rayquaza, then change the nature accordingly if the numbers vary wildly from those. So I only have to wait through the Deoxys + cut scenes if I decide to check it further. I think I'll take your advice though. I'd rather have suboptimal SpDef or something and max out its offenses.

oh and regarding that stupid cut scene, I check the IVs in the subsequent battle. I can deduce the nature based on a hardy lv 70 rayquaza, then change the nature accordingly if the numbers vary wildly from those. So I only have to wait through the Deoxys + cut scenes if I decide to check it further. I think I'll take your advice though. I'd rather have suboptimal SpDef or something and max out its offenses.
I don't actually own ORAS yet, so was unaware how the scenes work just that they were long. But good luck on your hunt! A (near)perfect Rayquaza should be worth it.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
Just caught this and suffered through the cut scenes to verify this thing (i included the EVs from Zinnia's Pokemon and the Deoxys-N, as well as the Hidden Power lady).
Rayquaza - #384 (Lonely) : 31 / 31 / 22 / 21 / 31 / 31

I'm keeping it, as I am tired of the Delta Episode. I want to never think about it again. I'm sick of the music (it's a shame, it's some of the best music in the entire Pokemon series), the corny apologies... lol. Not gonna lie though, the meteor cut scene was 10x better than Armageddon. Screw Bruce Willis. Screw Aerosmith. Thanks for encouraging me to move forward to IVs that suit its +Atk nature. A little bummed about the weaker SpA but it's no biggy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)