Other RMT ORAS AG Team

First post, and as a heads up, I tend to intentionally use Pokemon others tend to overlook. Those that know me know that my teams, despite using Pokemon in low tiers, can match up well against many "tried and tested" teams. Anyway, here's my team for an AG format, which I built around not using M-Rayquaza

Sirander the Quagsire (Held Item - Leftovers)
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: HP 252/Def 252/Sp Atk 6
- Recover
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Scald

Having seen Quagsire used as a fantastic stall Pokemon, I decided that this was the time to use it. As far as I know this is the traditional stall set, and should wall anything short of grass attacks.

Heatacanrana the Heatran (Held Item - Air Balloon)
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Quirky
EV Spread: Def 252/Sp Atk 252/Sp Def 6
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Couple of things, before I get swarmed by comments, Quirky is the nature I caught, and didn't get around to checking til later. Air Balloon means that Groudon cannot do much to Heatran, and I feel that he will be a common enough threat in AG to warrent that. Stealth Rock support is of course necessary on many teams, and I think this one will need Rock support

Magicicada the Ninjask (Held Item - BrightPowder)
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: HP 252/Def 6/Spd 252
- Protect
- Double Team
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

As Anything Goes in AG, I thought to use the moves/items I otherwise couldn't, and the opportunity to use Ninjask for it's intended role is too nice an opportunity to pass over. Admittedly taunt bait, but the four moves on it are, in my mind, necessary. Pokemon like this could do with a fifth move slot (for X-Scissor)

Excalibur the Aegislash (Held Item - Weakness Policy)
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Brave
EV Spread: HP 6/Atk 252/Sp Atk 252
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head

This, again, feels like it should be a common if not standard set on Aegislash. Sacred Sword for opposing steel types, Shadow Ball for Ghosts, and Iron Head for a Fairy counter, with Weakness Policy as an... insurance policy. Brave seems like an odd choice, but I feel Excalibur won't really outspeed much as it is, so it seems like the only nature for it.

Hopkinsville the Sableye (Held Item - Lagging Tail)
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
EV Spread: HP 252/Def 252/Sp Atk 6
- Will-o-Wisp
- Trick
- Confuse Ray
- Shadow Ball

This guy is my attempt at a Mega Rayquaza check, and if I calculated correctly, it can take a hit from an unboosted Dragon Ascent with this EV spread, though admittedly barely. Upon facing Mega Rayquaza, first turn MUST be either Will-o-Wisp (If it's not Life Orbed) or Trick (If it is). If Will-o-wisp misses, Sableye will die after turn 2, whereas if not, it should survive to turn three. Shadow Ball is on there literally only to stop myself having two taunt-bait Pokemon on the same team, and Confuse Ray is there in case it GETS a third turn vs Mega Rayquaza.

Peng the Altaria (Held Item - Altarianite)
Ability: Base is Natural Cure, Mega Is of course Pixilate
Nature: Timid
EV Spread: HP 6/Sp Atk 252/Spd 252
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

And finally, my mega, who should, in theory, be brought out after Sableye has done his job of getting lagging tail on to Rayquaza. In this scenario, Rayquaza shouldn't be able to survive a hyper voice, thanks to Pixilate. Flamethrower and Protect are on there to scout other Pokemon better, taking out Ice types and checking the moves of Fairy types.

Team reached 1270 on Showdown

I haven't entirely found many threats, though Greninja can do a good amount of damage to the team, and prankster Thundurus is a bit of an issue, but i haven't seen anything hard counter the team

Yeah, balls to this site. Any form of tactical thinking in AG, and people resort to "hurr durr, let's just troll because fuck you that's why". Thanks to all for confirming my belief about the general smogon community as smartarse knowitalls.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see how you arrive to the conclusion that everybody is a smart ass knowitall from one troll post x_x banded beheeyem is your god tho. Unfortunately, most of this team really isn't that good in AG. Trick lagging tail is gimmicky as best, bright powder ninjask is awful, heatran just isn't that good once the balloon is broken, and quagsire is awful. I can't really rate this because most of these sets are subpar. The only reason everything doesn't sweep you is Sableye, which can't even cripple primal Groudon (which 6-0's your team btw). While I want to help, pretty much everything here is just bad, and 6 Klefki would be better in all honesty (no comment on CB beheeyem). I'd start again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)