Project LC Teambuilding Competition 2.0

I used this web team a while back, and made some edits that seemed to be for the best. Surskit is there to set up webs, allowing Amaura to outpace everything and fire off strong hyper voices. I used Golett as a spinblocker because it also hits 14 speed, plus it can put in unspinnable rocks. Has more offensive presence than Pump, has Iron Fist Ice Punch to kill Drilbur, and Drain Punch for pseudo-longevity. LO Pawniard hits like a truck, and discourages defog of webs. Mienfoo is there to check the terrifying +2 Pawniard, and is running acro to help beat Timburr, Croagunk, and other Foo, all of which make Amaura cry. Stealth Rocks hurt Amaura really bad, and defog on a web team is blasphemy, so I put on a Staryu. Staryu hits 19 speed, outspeeding nearly the whole meta before webs. Defensively invested to check physical attackers better, and psychic is used to put the hurt on those fighting types that Amaura hates so much. Amaura itself has eviolite to give it nice bulk while it demolishes teams. Earth power and Hyper Voice are staples, while Tbolt and HP Fire are used for BoltBeam and hitting Ferroseed, respectively. HP IVs are reduced so it can switch in on stealth rock more comfortably.
TheRealAmaura (Amaura) @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
Level: 5
EVs: 48 Def / 224 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Pawniard @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Golett @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 208 Def / 64 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Def / 80 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright, voting time:

Fiend Hound
Omastar42

Unfortunately, only two people posted teams. If the activity with this project continues to decrease, it'll probably have to be cancelled, so POST PLEASE.
Also, because the activity has decreased, voting will end on December 23rd.

Fiend Hound
I'll be a good sport and give him a vote. I really like how this team has a core of fighting checks and 2 pawn checks to make sure amaura isn't just a defensive liability. Thunder Wave support from Poke is really nice to help Amaura clean up. Even though in order to vote I have to vote Fiend, it's a really cool team.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Omastar42
lure staryu is one of my favorite things to play with so far this meta being roughly third after houndour and sticky web. Golett is also sexy as hell. The team looks pretty nice overall, albeit with a weakness to random mons such as NP vullaby and the rare Overheat/even rare hp fight Fletch. Plus you can't go wrong with Foo and Pawn making it an at least decent (probably better, though thinking hurts rn because sick as fuck) all around team.

And I literally can't vote for anyone else so that should be reason enough if the above paragraph is incoherent.

Nice teams, IMO. My vote is for Omastar's Sticky Web team.

Edit: I confirm my vote for Omastar. However, I want to fix some EVs, above all for Golet and

In fact with 4 Atk / 196 Def / 36 SDef / 236 Spd, Golet could reach 14 Atk and same values for others. Also just 36 HP permit to reach 21 HP, so you can invest EVs on Def and SpD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oma
FIEND HOUND

It has one of my fave cores ever in Chespony, I couldnt not vote for it. also has cool synergy and stuff and amaura looks fun.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
SPLC is starting up soon and I doubt people are going to want to be sharing their teams throughout, so this'll probably go on hold for a bit longer. However, if you guys want to keep this running, I'll be more than happy to continue it for the duration of SPLC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)