Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I was trying to breed again on my plat cart but when going for shininess I've hit my seed 3 times now and not only the egg doesn't come shiny, it has the wrong nature. I've chosen a seed without additional flips because fuck that (0 flips) and checked off on the happiness app. Do you have to do frame advances too? I don't know what's wrong. I've checked my seed and the two natures I've gotten are a frame off from my shiny one. Dunno how that is even controllable since i have to bike for egg generation anyways (252 times X = frame advancements?)

Any help?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can somebody give me a quick refresher on how to use RSE Decoder for pokemon emerald?
I'm not sure this even exists anymore, and if it does it's very outdated.
What are you trying to achieve. I'd imagine lua scripts (credit to FractalFusion, Kaphotics, Bond697 and Hozu) are more useful for pretty much any gen 3 RNG purposes.

I'm not sure this even exists anymore, and if it does it's very outdated.
What are you trying to achieve. I'd imagine lua scripts (credit to FractalFusion, Kaphotics, Bond697 and Hozu) are more useful for pretty much any gen 3 RNG purposes.
Thanks, but I don't think the download link is avaliable anymore, unless I don't need to download it. How exactly does it work?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I was trying to breed again on my plat cart but when going for shininess I've hit my seed 3 times now and not only the egg doesn't come shiny, it has the wrong nature. I've chosen a seed without additional flips because fuck that (0 flips) and checked off on the happiness app. Do you have to do frame advances too? I don't know what's wrong. I've checked my seed and the two natures I've gotten are a frame off from my shiny one. Dunno how that is even controllable since i have to bike for egg generation anyways (252 times X = frame advancements?)

Any help?
Are you sure you are/are not using international parents? Are you still doing 10 flips to verify your seed? Are the parents holding items?

You don't have to advance the IV frame if all you are going for right now is the shininess. As per this guide, you bike around to generate the egg after you use the Coin Flip/Happiness apps so that's not an issue.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Does hail screw up RNG attempts in DPPt? I tried to RNG a shiny Absol on Mt. Coronet (outside) yesterday, but every time I tried to verify my seed I got incompatible coin flip patterns. The guide doesn't state anything of the sort, yet I can imagine it doing so; also, afaik I entered everything correctly in the software and I have (succesfully) done some PtSS RNG manipulation before, so this is pretty much an isolated case for me.
(and if it does screw up my attempts, I assume I have to resort to Chatot pitches?)

Does hail screw up RNG attempts in DPPt? I tried to RNG a shiny Absol on Mt. Coronet (outside) yesterday, but every time I tried to verify my seed I got incompatible coin flip patterns. The guide doesn't state anything of the sort, yet I can imagine it doing so; also, afaik I entered everything correctly in the software and I have (succesfully) done some PtSS RNG manipulation before, so this is pretty much an isolated case for me.
(and if it does screw up my attempts, I assume I have to resort to Chatot pitches?)
IIRC, the weather in DPPT screws up the PID like the weather in BW, it advances the PID quickly. I think there is a way to rng pokemon in weather pattern but its difficult

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
How can I verify my delay for DPPt Wondercards? I don't have time to do those coin flips since there are only moving NPCs in DPPt. >_> Is it just trial and error and just do the advancements everytime I get ingame? Or is there a better way to do this? Wondercard cannot be obtained in HGSS so I have to do this in DPPt.

Edit: I got this spread twice now, any way I can check which delay this gave me?
31/17/07/14/16/08.

Seed: 7B100958
Game: Platinum
Date/Time: 12-22-2014 / 16:56:59
Delay: 2378

Last edited:
How can I verify my delay for DPPt Wondercards? I don't have time to do those coin flips since there are only moving NPCs in DPPt. >_> Is it just trial and error and just do the advancements everytime I get ingame? Or is there a better way to do this? Wondercard cannot be obtained in HGSS so I have to do this in DPPt.

Edit: I got this spread twice now, any way I can check which delay this gave me?
31/17/07/14/16/08.

IIRC, Yes its a matter of trial and error. If possible
1. Find frame with low advancement , recommend below 100 flips or frame 200
2. When you get in the game, instead of checking to see if you hit the frame, immediately do the advancement and get the pokemon
3. Check with coin flips.

I think if you use the report adjacent seed finder to view iv after you pick up the pokemon was helpful.

I think is Jubliee and one other city that only have one npc

yes, what you need to do is treat it like Pokeradar abuse. If you tried RNG abusing for a beldum at any point is pretty much the same. Select the Radar as the Y button on key items and start it as soon as screen comes up. Count your steps towards your patch and capture the pokemon that shows up. Pause the game and check for Nature/IVs. That will give you an idea of the frame you are right now and if you have hit your seed or not. After a few tries you can verify your seed by the patch pattern once you use the poke radar. Note that you need to read the pokeradar abuse paragraph that's on page 1 so you don't make any mistakes on frame count (capturing pokes, steps, encountering pokes, etc advance frame).

31/17/07/14/16/08.

you change the date so diary comes up first and not the actual pokemart screen. Do the appropriate advances (I'd recommend something low because of this like <100) and get your poke. THEN check your seed. It's not as bad as it sounds actually, especially for someone used to hit delays in 4h gen like you. Out of say, 20 you'll probably hit your seed twice. What makes it tough is if the wondercard you are going for is not nature locked. THEN you can have some fun trying to get the right poke. Good luck

Are you sure you are/are not using international parents? Are you still doing 10 flips to verify your seed? Are the parents holding items?

You don't have to advance the IV frame if all you are going for right now is the shininess. As per this guide, you bike around to generate the egg after you use the Coin Flip/Happiness apps so that's not an issue.
yeah they are both from in game actually (RNGed ditto and bred starter). I'm not doing any Happiness apps at all. Should I? I chose a 10 flips/ 0 additional flip seed, that means that yes, I'm doing my 10 seed verification coin flips, do I need to do an extra 10 and 0 Happiness app checks? Sorry but it's been a while and the new guide is not as thorough as the original (pre HGSS) as far as I recall.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
yes, what you need to do is treat it like Pokeradar abuse. If you tried RNG abusing for a beldum at any point is pretty much the same. Select the Radar as the Y button on key items and start it as soon as screen comes up. Count your steps towards your patch and capture the pokemon that shows up. Pause the game and check for Nature/IVs. That will give you an idea of the frame you are right now and if you have hit your seed or not. After a few tries you can verify your seed by the patch pattern once you use the poke radar. Note that you need to read the pokeradar abuse paragraph that's on page 1 so you don't make any mistakes on frame count (capturing pokes, steps, encountering pokes, etc advance frame).

you change the date so diary comes up first and not the actual pokemart screen. Do the appropriate advances (I'd recommend something low because of this like <100) and get your poke. THEN check your seed. It's not as bad as it sounds actually, especially for someone used to hit delays in 4h gen like you. Out of say, 20 you'll probably hit your seed twice. What makes it tough is if the wondercard you are going for is not nature locked. THEN you can have some fun trying to get the right poke. Good luck

yeah they are both from in game actually (RNGed ditto and bred starter). I'm not doing any Happiness apps at all. Should I? I chose a 10 flips/ 0 additional flip seed, that means that yes, I'm doing my 10 seed verification coin flips, do I need to do an extra 10 and 0 Happiness app checks? Sorry but it's been a while and the new guide is not as thorough as the original (pre HGSS) as far as I recall.
Been a while since I've done RNG abuse on gen 4, and besides that I always preferred HGSS. :p But thanks, that's what I'll be doing then. I got my spread on frame 26, so 12 page flips and 1 Chatot.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
No, if you chose to avoid the happiness checker in the Time Finder, then you shouldn't use it when trying to hit your seed (or even flip to it for that matter). Since the additional flips are 0, then you only need to do the 10 to verify your seed. Don't flip to the Happiness app.

Do you have a roamer active? I guess if you still can't get it you can always try a different seed. If you're consistently get 1 frame off though, have you tried just doing 1 fewer/more advances (depending on which side of the shiny frame you're getting)? That would make it harder to verify your seed, but you may still be able to tell if you hit it.

No, I don't have any roamers but I thought the frame didn't matter? Yeah been thinking of trying a different seed but I wanted to check if there was something I was doing wrong. I mean, I remember getting the IVs was the pain in the ass for breeding, not the shininess part

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
No, I don't have any roamers but I thought the frame didn't matter? Yeah been thinking of trying a different seed but I wanted to check if there was something I was doing wrong. I mean, I remember getting the IVs was the pain in the ass for breeding, not the shininess part
For HGSS at least, iirc, the roamers affect the Irwin calls, which is what you use to verify your seed (ie they increase the frame by 1). I believe it would work the same for DPPt, but I might just be getting them confused XD. I'm sure it's something simple (like having a hold item or something), but it sounds like you're doing it correctly. I'd try adjusting your advances by 1 if you consistently get the wrong frame.

Quick question in regards to frame advancement. My next target is Lugia and calls don't function inside. Will making "failed" call still advance my frame or do I need to either wonder around/ get chatots?

.com

Grumpy old man
Quick question in regards to frame advancement. My next target is Lugia and calls don't function inside. Will making "failed" call still advance my frame or do I need to either wonder around/ get chatots?
Failed calls do not advance the RNG, however you can make the calls outside of Lugia's room (in the stairwell), then enter the room. You may have to do a trial run to test how many advancements are made walking into the room and encountering Lugia though.

Failed calls do not advance the RNG, however you can make the calls outside of Lugia's room (in the stairwell), then enter the room. You may have to do a trial run to test how many advancements are made walking into the room and encountering Lugia though.
Thanks. I just did a trial run: it takes 20 steps and 1 Surf "prompt" to reach Lugia. Since it takes 128 steps to advance frames, I believe that I just need to land on the frame that I want and just walk/surf up to Lugia without further manipulation.

.com

Grumpy old man
Thanks. I just did a trial run: it takes 20 steps and 1 Surf "prompt" to reach Lugia. Since it takes 128 steps to advance frames, I believe that I just need to land on the frame that I want and just walk/surf up to Lugia without further manipulation.
It takes 128 steps based on a step counter saved to your save file.

If the counter is at 127 when you saved, it will advance in 1 step, if it is at 0 when you saved it will advance in 128 steps.

This is why I suggested the trial run. As in perform the rng and see if it advances from steps.

It takes 128 steps based on a step counter saved to your save file.

If the counter is at 127 when you saved, it will advance in 1 step, if it is at 0 when you saved it will advance in 128 steps.

This is why I suggested the trial run. As in perform the rng and see if it advances from steps.
Ah gotcha. Thanks. I will edit this post and keep you updated.

Worked out fine.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
One question involving 3rd Gen shiny RNGing.

What is the IV spread closest to 31/31/31/xx/31/31 I could get for an Impish shiny Mew?
31/31/31/x/31/31 Impish is possible (there's at least one already).

x = 1 on frame: 563,668,451
x = 25 on frame: 1,922,478,546
x = 17 on frame: 3,885,139,748
Take your pick.

Last edited:
I want to capture my own shiny Latios in SS, timid with hp fire 70. I know that there's one with 31|31|30|30|31|30 but I was told that the attack is too high? I can't remember what the reason was. Some other possible spreads that I've found include: 30|16|31|30|31|30 HP Fire 70 and 30|18|31|30|31|30 HP Fire 70 though I'm sure that there are others that I've missed. What is the best possible spread for HP Fire 70? Or should I aim for a spread which has HP Fire 68 or something? Please help.

Last edited:
the lowest
31/2/31/30/31/30

Assuming its method1 or method j in HGSS
It's for the non event one so I think it's method 1.

Edit: What method did you use to find that spread? And what nature is it? I just edited my previous post cos all the spreads that I meantioned had a timid nature which is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)