The Everything NHL Thread

I'd argue about Grigorenko being a sure thing from what i've seen, since he's seemingly bounced between Buffalo and Rochester, but i don't pay all that much attention to buffalo outside of recently since their playing so well. They definitely are really deep at center assuming everyone develops as planned. I take it you're a Sabres fan so i have a serious question: Are you happy that they've been playing so well lately or frustrated that they may play themselves out of a top 2 pick? I saw an article on it so i felt like asking someone.

The way I see there are 3 possible scenarios with Sabres this season.

1. They regress back to normal and start losing games like expected, in which case we should end up last or second to last (Edmonton is big competition). This is imo the most likely scenario.

2. Enroth keeps up being the best goaltender in the world, carries us into the playoffs and becomes the new Hašek.

3. Everyone keeps getting better and our winning stops being a fluke. In this case WOOOOOO.

#1 is most likely, while #3 is the option I personally like the most.

Also, Oilers are apparently looking into trading Taylor Hall on the grounds of being "uncoachable". This trainwreck just keeps getting worse.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Honestly I don't see it, the dude was playoff mvp with the Spitfires twice...and I wouldn't blame him if he was pissed with the Oilers. What I'd give to have him on the Canucks. Top tier LW in the league, uncoachable or not.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoever trades for him would have to give up a king's ransom but he's prob one of the top 5 LW's in the league, would love him playing next to tavares

As a Pens fan for the last 2 years (since I got into Ice hockey or "Hockey" as I should say) it's hard to get game coverage in the UK. What little I can get is fantastic and all the social media and apps these days makes it not so hard to follow but still... Watching a game means so much more. The one time I visited the US I was fortunate that a hockey game was on our school's agenda. It was Salt Lake vs Huntsville (hometown) collegiate game.
Never experienced anything like it in my life.
And hey, I managed to snag a signed Malkin jersey too for a decent bargain from a vendor.

Go Pens!

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
As a Pens fan for the last 2 years (since I got into Ice hockey or "Hockey" as I should say) it's hard to get game coverage in the UK. What little I can get is fantastic and all the social media and apps these days makes it not so hard to follow but still... Watching a game means so much more. The one time I visited the US I was fortunate that a hockey game was on our school's agenda. It was Salt Lake vs Huntsville (hometown) collegiate game.
Never experienced anything like it in my life.
And hey, I managed to snag a signed Malkin jersey too for a decent bargain from a vendor.

Go Pens!
Go pens go!

Edmonton trades Perron to the Penguins for a 1st and Rob Klinkhammer. Hate to admit it, but pretty good move for pittsburgh. So after all of their moves they end up with Perron and an ARZ 5th and give a 1st and the Samuelsson kid, which they're already loaded with defense. Pretty solid moves by Rutherford so far

Well, All-Star breaks's over, things are gonna start really heating up now. What are your guys thoughts/predictions on the Trade Deadline and who will and won't make the dance?

Who will take Phaneuf's cap hit during the season though?

As for who the Sabres will shop, Stafford and Stewart are gone for sure. Hopefully we can find a buyer for Benoit and Meszaros and someone will be willing to take Hodgson (guy needs a change of scenery BADLY).

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lundqvist out for at least month. Running to the cliff as i type this. Tell my friends and family that i loved them and am going to mi
interested to see how the rangers do without henrik.. wish him the best but don't mind him out if it means one less metro team creeping up on the isles

Kane and Bogosian for Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, and a 1st. Can't say I'm a fan but it's not an awful deal and it should work well for both teams.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Idk I think that the jets come out on top in this one. Don't really think Kane will have much of a future in this league.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He doesn't need to get his head on straight, the Jets fucking terribly misused him. Who else could score 30 goals playing with Olli Jokinen 90% of the time?

He doesn't need to get his head on straight, the Jets fucking terribly misused him. Who else could score 30 goals playing with Olli Jokinen 90% of the time?
They played him with Jokinen? Bleh, probably my least favorite player to ever lace up skates. Still even this year he had only 10 goals in 39 games so there's still room to improve for Kane

Franson and Santorelli to Nashville for a 1st, a prospect, and Olli Jokinen. Nashville pushing all their chips into the table.....didn't work out in 2012 so it remains to be seen how successful in the playoffs they'll be. Pissed though cause the rangers were looking at Santorelli, but it's whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)