The Serpent And The Princess [COMPLETE]

Would You Like To See More Pokémon Made Fully Re-Distributable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules:
1. You must add my friend code before posting. The friend code for this giveaway is 1177 8040 3120.
2. You must vote on the Poll and post here explaining your vote. If yes, then why yes? If no, give a reason or two why.
3. To receive these two, you must have a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. This helps promote Nintendo. [I will be trading the Rayquaza first, and it knows Dragon Ascent so don't try and skip this rule; you'll only waste both our time]
4. If your post follows all of the above rules, you will receive both prizes.

Prizes:

[384] Rayquaza
OT: Pokéguy (63932) (Lv. 100)
Nature: Jolly - Ability: Air Lock -> Delta Stream
IVs: 31/31/31/24/31/31
Moves: Dragon Ascent, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed
EV trained: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Tradeable Stock : 40
Notes: Soft Reset this myself. Nickname-able on Alpha Sapphire. Trophy Case. Now Fully re-distributable!

[719] Diancie
OT: OCT2014 (10274) (Lv. 50)
Nature: Timid - Ability: Clear Body - > Magic Bounce
IVs: 31/05/31/31/29/31
Moves: Moon Blast, Earth Power, Psyshock, Calm Mind
EV trained: 6 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Tradeable Stock : 40
Notes: This was reset by myself. Credit to vzxt for the legitimate event wondercard code. With Earth Power confirmed in ORAS, Diancie doesn't really need Hidden Power Fire (it really just hits Scizor and Scizor OHKO's with Bullet Punch before you can use it). I think I prefer 31 Speed / 31 Special Attack. Trophy Case. Now Fully re-distributable.

Last edited:
I voted yes, the reason I feel this way is because with more re-distributable Pokemon, comes more people who can be happy with the Pokemon. Leaving things up as a trophy case just makes people jealous/envious of the Pokemon, while trading them around makes people content that they can obtain something that they desire, and can lead to lasting relationships with the person. There is the concern of keeping the Pokemon rare, however this is a trading community after all, we should want to keep the economy running, by allowing people to trade as freely as they want.

I added you, my FC is 3282-4382-0584. I should be able to trade later today or tomorrow.

I voted yes, the reason I feel this way is because with more re-distributable Pokemon, comes more people who can be happy with the Pokemon. Leaving things up as a trophy case just makes people jealous/envious of the Pokemon, while trading them around makes people content that they can obtain something that they desire, and can lead to lasting relationships with the person. There is the concern of keeping the Pokemon rare, however this is a trading community after all, we should want to keep the economy running, by allowing people to trade as freely as they want.

I added you, my FC is 3282-4382-0584. I should be able to trade later today or tomorrow.
You've been added. I voted yes, because I'm handing out my Trophy Case monsters today and to say no seemed Hypocritical. I'm really just looking forward to everyone's response. Thanks for posting and I can trade anytime over the next two days.

EDIT: We have some no voters; feel free to PM me or post here if you feel like it; I'm a bit nervous but I had the best of intentions in mind. I only made two fully re-distributable, but want to make more fully re-distributable later, but we'll see what people have to say.

I would like if more pokemon became fully redis. I feel like it gives everyone a more balanced playing field. If every legendary was a trophy case pokemon then many people would be unable to obtain competitively viable ones and that would hinder their team building.

I would like if more pokemon became fully redis. I feel like it gives everyone a more balanced playing field. If every legendary was a trophy case pokemon then many people would be unable to obtain competitively viable ones and that would hinder their team building.
I'm online now with the Serpent and the Princess. All opinions are welcome.

jetslover1

Banned deucer.
I voted yes becuase it would make pokemon more enjoyable and that leaving things up at trophy cases makes others jealous. Also we gotta keep the trades running! Added will trade later. Fc is 100603025253

I'm having some issues connecting to the internet on my 3ds. I'm going to try resetting my router and see if that fixes it.
Thanks for showing your support; and for being our first recipient. :D
I voted yes becuase it would make pokemon more enjoyable and that leaving things up at trophy cases makes others jealous. Also we gotta keep the trades running! Added will trade later. Fc is 100603025253
You've been added. Can you trade now?

On a side note; did .com just vote no? I thought all his stuff was fully re-distributable. How strange. (Just trying to do something nice for Christmas....)

Uhm, making your own Pokémon re-distributable actually is an interesting topic IMO. I've considered doing so myself because I found a lot of my pkmn on some random forum a few years ago and the guy trading my pkmn around just didn't care at all. Obviously, I was a little mad but I figured there was nothing I could do about it and allowed him to trade the pkmn to everyone that wanted them. In the end, all these online features have been implemented to share our little favorite monsters, items and even experiences with people all around the world, that's why I personally voted for "yes". It helps out the community a lot, especially when new games are released: I feel like more and more people are getting into the competitive side of the game and it's making it a lot easier for newcomers to build teams and getting started on their own.

But I still can understand if someone doesn't want his/her pokemon traded around without permission. I mean, most of us have invested a lot of time in buildung up a huge arsenal of highly competitive Pokémon, and especially if you want to compete in tournaments, it's sometimes that little egg move or crazy EV-spread that can make the difference against a certain opoonent, and it feels like a big accomplishment to win with your very own bred and trained pkmn, maybe so much that you want to keep them for your own. It's kinda difficult to explain but I guess everyone has that one favorite pkmn that you have a special connection with :3

This post's been getting longer than I intended but as I said, it's actually an interesting topic and there certainly is no wrong or right ...

/Edit: Thanks, hopefully you'll get some more in-depth answers! ^^ :>

Last edited:
Uhm, making your own Pokémon re-distributable actually is an interesting topic IMO. I've considered doing so myself because I found a lot of my pkmn on some random forum a few years ago and the guy trading my pkmn around just didn't care at all. Obviously, I was a little mad but I figured there was nothing I could do about it and allowed him to trade the pkmn to everyone that wanted them. In the end, all these online features have been implemented to share our little favorite monsters, items and even experiences with people all around the world, that's why I personally voted for "yes". It helps out the community a lot, especially when new games are released: I feel like more and more people are getting into the competitive side of the game and it's making it a lot easier for newcomers to build teams and getting started on their own.

But I still can understand if someone doesn't want his/her pokemon traded around without permission. I mean, most of us have invested a lot of time in buildung up a huge arsenal of highly competitive Pokémon, and especially if you want to compete in tournaments, it's sometimes that little egg move or crazy EV-spread that can make the difference against a certain opoonent, and it feels like a big accomplishment to win with your very own bred and trained pkmn, maybe so much that you want to keep them for your own. It's kinda difficult to explain but I guess everyone has that one favorite pkmn that you have a special connection with :3

This post's been getting longer than I intended but as I said, it's actually an interesting topic and there certainly is no wrong or right ...
Cool, I'm online now. *Hopes not to upset too many people with this*

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Already had your fc from before. i feel redistribution helps building towards a better community and it could be a group effort to get some great pokemon accross the world. If it wasnt gor redistributables it would be hell for the newer guys to build up their own pokemon imperium; simply because the old guys have everything they breed usually. By giving and spreading they can get some other pokes aswell instead of breeding for every single species

I voted yes, because with more fully re-distributable pokemon, we all can be in the "same level", and it'll be up only for our playstyle to decide who is the better player. Like PocketCat, it can be a more balanced game. =)

Pokéguy, I already have your FC. <3 // Edit: Sorry, I didn't know you've got a new FC. Mine is 1607-3709-8084 - IGN: Keisha

I agree there isn't a clear right or wrong answer - I just think fully redis are more fun :) As a newer player I really appreciate training and breeding all these little gems that more experienced players generously give, and I hope to keep the wifi economy booming in the same way.

Already had your fc from before. i feel redistribution helps building towards a better community and it could be a group effort to get some great pokemon accross the world. If it wasnt gor redistributables it would be hell for the newer guys to build up their own pokemon imperium; simply because the old guys have everything they breed usually. By giving and spreading they can get some other pokes aswell instead of breeding for every single species
I voted yes, because with more fully re-distributable pokemon, we all can be in the "same level", and it'll be up only for our playstyle to decide who is the better player. Like PocketCat, it can be a more balanced game. =)

Pokéguy, I already have your FC. <3 // Edit: Sorry, I didn't know you've got a new FC. Mine is 1607-3709-8084 - IGN: Keisha
I agree there isn't a clear right or wrong answer - I just think fully redis are more fun :) As a newer player I really appreciate training and breeding all these little gems that more experienced players generously give, and I hope to keep the wifi economy booming in the same way.
Adding you three now. I mostly did this, because I've seen on Simple Requests a lot of people saying there is only one or two good natures for these two monsters and it's seems silly for a whole community to reset Rayquaza just because you're forced to catch it, when we could all be working on other legends. If everyone just reset 1 legend and had a giveaway like this, eventually we'd all have everything. Follow me to a new Smogon Wifi~

I voted yes on the poll because if more Pokemon are fully redis, then everyone can have great pokemon to battle with and so they can be all have the same potential to be great trainers, if they invest time and effort. Also, I agree with Herocross, non redis can be done because people spent a lot of time getting the Pokemon. There is no right or wrong answer, it is all up to the person who is trading the Pokemon. I still personally like fully redis because Im new to breeding and so are a lot of other people too, and full redis helps them a lot.

My choice is Yes, because this will make more people happy. For the most, get legendary/event pokemons with amazing stats is a really hard task. Allowing people to redistribute these is really cool.

Adding you three now. I mostly did this, because I've seen on Simple Requests a lot of people saying there is only one or two good natures for these two monsters and it's seems silly for a whole community to reset Rayquaza just because you're forced to catch it, when we could all be working on other legends. If everyone just reset 1 legend and had a giveaway like this, eventually we'd all have everything. Follow me to a new Smogon Wifi~
Yay! =D

I'm online now, friend.

I voted yes on the poll because if more Pokemon are fully redis, then everyone can have great pokemon to battle with and so they can be all have the same potential to be great trainers, if they invest time and effort. Also, I agree with Herocross, non redis can be done because people spent a lot of time getting the Pokemon. There is no right or wrong answer, it is all up to the person who is trading the Pokemon. I still personally like fully redis because Im new to breeding and so are a lot of other people too, and full redis helps them a lot.
You didn't post your friend code.
My choice is Yes, because this will make more people happy. For the most, get legendary/event pokemons with amazing stats is a really hard task. Allowing people to redistribute these is really cool.
You didn't add me before posting.
Yay! =D

I'm online now, friend.
I'm coming online now; those who followed the rules can trade me now, but the above two need to add me and/or post their friend code.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for showing your support; and for being our first recipient. :D

You've been added. Can you trade now?

On a side note; did .com just vote no? I thought all his stuff was fully re-distributable. How strange. (Just trying to do something nice for Christmas....)
I did.
I keep my Pokémon (primarily) fully redistributable because I don't need or want other people's Pokémon, so there's no need for me to keep the value of mine up.

But another (lesser) reason I do so is because I understand that some people don't enjoy playing the game the way I do. I like to waste spend my time getting the Pokémon, having them doesn't really mean that much, it's all about the process—the satisfaction—of obtaining them.

I know other people like to battle with their Pokémon.* I (personally) don't think they should have to go through the long (weeks in some instances) process to get the flawless Pokémon that I did; in the same way if I battled, they have allowed me to see the fruits of their labour by reviewing battle videos, seeing "recommended sets", etc.

But for those who just enjoy having a big horde of Pokémon, regardless of how they get them, I don't see the point of fully redistributable Pokémon. If the way one gets enjoyment from their game is to see their boxes full; go hack some Pokémon, no need to trade with others to fill them.

* Obviously I am well aware there are other styles of gameplay, speed running, challenge modes, etc. But this in reference to trading.

You didn't post your friend code.

You didn't add me before posting.

I'm coming online now; those who followed the rules can trade me now, but the above two need to add me and/or post their friend code.
True, i seeing now i added the fc on your sign..

I did.
I keep my Pokémon (primarily) fully redistributable because I don't need or want other people's Pokémon, so there's no need for me to keep the value of mine up.

But another (lesser) reason I do so is because I understand that some people don't enjoy playing the game the way I do. I like to waste spend my time getting the Pokémon, having them doesn't really mean that much, it's all about the process—the satisfaction—of obtaining them.

I know other people like to battle with their Pokémon.* I (personally) don't think they should have to go through the long (weeks in some instances) process to get the flawless Pokémon that I did; in the same way if I battled, they have allowed me to see the fruits of their labour by reviewing battle videos, seeing "recommended sets", etc.

But for those who just enjoy having a big horde of Pokémon, regardless of how they get them, I don't see the point of fully redistributable Pokémon. If the way one gets enjoyment from their game is to see their boxes full; go hack some Pokémon, no need to trade with others to fill them.

* Obviously I am well aware there are other styles of gameplay, speed running, challenge modes, etc. But this in reference to trading.
As I stated before, the bolded is why I did this. Too many people are resetting for this Rayquaza. Thanks for posting .com. I have you added on the off chance you want to pick these two up. (Even people who vote no are welcome to collect prizes).
True, i seeing now i added the fc on your sign..
Sorry, I added the giveaway friend code to my signature. Thought putting it in the rules would be enough *_*

Haha, I'll be online here again in a moment. Invite when ready people!
Thank you! <3
You're welcome. With all the different people who trade me, it's hard to tell who got what, but I'll try and keep up a list; posts like this help a lot.

My FC is 3668-8068-3650

Already added you, online right now
Added. Going online.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Agreed, but when doing this and when making them re-distributable. People should credit the original catcher in their thread. So that they get the reputation while still helping the community.

Online by the way if you would like to do the trade :) Once again, thanks for doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)