Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm talking about the Blissey in the Secret Bases with Toxic Orb and Healing Wish. I just want to level up my Pokemon the quickest way and not sure whether to spam Heat Wave so they all die in one go, or kill each Blissey individually with Flare Blitz.
The Blissey kill themselves with Healing Wish so you don't have to worry about killing them, just saying...

Even if you were to kill them yourself with Brave Bird / Flare Blitz, Talonflame would die real quick from the recoil it would take due to Blisseys massive HP stat

The Blissey kill themselves with Healing Wish so you don't have to worry about killing them, just saying...

Even if you were to kill them yourself with Brave Bird / Flare Blitz, Talonflame would die real quick from the recoil it would take due to Blisseys massive HP stat
The last Blissey can't kill herself, as Healing Wish doesn't work if the user is the only pokemon alive in the team.

Also, to answer mirage_drag0n's question, wouldn't itemless Acrobatics work? It doesn't have recoil, unlike Brave Bird and Flare Blitz, and I don't think Talonflame needs to have an item to do its egg-hatching job. Acrobatics should do this to the last Blissey:(although I'm not sure about their EVs/nature)

252+ Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 604-712 (92.7 - 109.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

And worst-case scenario:
252 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 237-280 (33.1 - 39.2%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO <- not really 100%, because 237*3 = 711 and Blissey's max HP is 714, but it's guaranteed with poison damage from the Toxic Orb

However, guessing which Blissey will lose the speed tie(assuming there is one, ofc) and use Healing Wish last(and therefore fail) is hard:/ Unless people start giving nicknames to the slowest one <- actually not a bad idea

What's the best way to get PP ups/maxes in this game? I've been using Super Training, but that's not very reliable and pretty slow (considering I'm using the Tyranitar one and that thing has like 10K health total, so it takes a while), so are there any other ways to get PP ups or maxes?

What's the best way to get PP ups/maxes in this game? I've been using Super Training, but that's not very reliable and pretty slow (considering I'm using the Tyranitar one and that thing has like 10K health total, so it takes a while), so are there any other ways to get PP ups or maxes?
I don't think that there's really any other way of getting them except from the routes in which they can be found, super training, and from a secret base pal.
Also, I wish they would be considered Pick Up items or at least paid from a store. ;_;
Actually, I have gotten PP Ups from Pick Up before. According to Serebii, you have a small chance of getting them if your Pick-Up Pokemon is levels 81 - 100.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Actually, I have gotten PP Ups from Pick Up before. According to Serebii, you have a small chance of getting them if your Pick-Up Pokemon is levels 81 - 100.
I found three in the span of a few minutes via Pick Up while EV training one of my Pokémon the other day. If you want, you can stick a Pick Up Pokémon or two in the daycare, set yourself on the continuous route in the Battle Resort, and tape/pin your Left/Right button down overnight. When you wake up, you'll have a couple to farm PP Ups with. Another great way is to spam Wonder Trade and then trade in your Poké Miles on Global Link. 500 miles for a PP Up isn't that bad.

I found three in the span of a few minutes via Pick Up while EV training one of my Pokémon the other day. If you want, you can stick a Pick Up Pokémon or two in the daycare, set yourself on the continuous route in the Battle Resort, and tape/pin your Left/Right button down overnight. When you wake up, you'll have a couple to farm PP Ups with. Another great way is to spam Wonder Trade and then trade in your Poké Miles on Global Link. 500 miles for a PP Up isn't that bad.
Good stuff! Just to clarify for others, though, the continuous route in the Battle Resort requires taping "Up" on the pad. Start by going left or right, and when you hit the corner structures on the island, you'll need to press up to continue, at which point your holding down the "Up" will continue you straight in your path after the camera rotates and then you'll be circling infinitely.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Good stuff! Just to clarify for others, though, the continuous route in the Battle Resort requires taping "Up" on the pad. Start by going left or right, and when you hit the corner structures on the island, you'll need to press up to continue, at which point your holding down the "Up" will continue you straight in your path after the camera rotates and then you'll be circling infinitely.
You can switch over to Right/Left when the camera angle changes. It's easiest to hold the Left button with tape or a clamp.

How do you get your trainer icon to be a different trainer(i.e. youngster, ace trainer, camper, etc.)

Like this:

Also, can I get a list of Pokemon unobtainable in Gen 6 alone, without Pokebank or other methods?

Make sure you press "Play online with others" and click the grid with the gray circle around it and find a little icon where it says "profile" below it and you can change your trainer.
Also for the unobtainable Pokemon, I'll message you a pastebin of them all.
ok thanks!

Can't seem to sync a Timid Nature to the Eon Ticket Latios.

I have a fainted Timid Synchronize Ralts in the first slot and my catcher Smeargle in the 2nd slot. After 20 SR, only about 3 Latios were Timid Nature. Is this normal?

Hello! I'm looking to get into competitive battling and am realizing that I did not take the tame to SR for a good Latias/latios. Is my best bet to restart my game and do it right, or is trading for a competitive legendary 'mon realistic?

Can't seem to sync a Timid Nature to the Eon Ticket Latios.

I have a fainted Timid Synchronize Ralts in the first slot and my catcher Smeargle in the 2nd slot. After 20 SR, only about 3 Latios were Timid Nature. Is this normal?
Sometimes it's really just down to your luck with the RNG. When I SR I also have "dry spells" when the synch just seems to fail but it definitely does work.

Hello! I'm looking to get into competitive battling and am realizing that I did not take the tame to SR for a good Latias/latios. Is my best bet to restart my game and do it right, or is trading for a competitive legendary 'mon realistic?
IMO it depends on how much competitive pokemon you have and can breed. If you don't have so much, it would be better to just store whatever you have in the Pokebank and restart the game to SR the lati twins again. However, if you have a considerable amount of competitive pokemon or have access to the previous games, you may want to try fulfilling the wishlists of those who have good legendaries to trade for them. However due to the difficulty of SRing most good SR'd legendaries tend to be in trophy cases and are hard to trade for.

How do I add the option to check berries to AreaNav? I currently have Places, Pokemon, Trainers, and Bases, but Berries is greyed out.
Have you literally just started, as in you are still hanging around Oldale Town? Try to plant some berries or enter a Route with berries. None of these options will activate unless there is something worth mentioning

Or you could just use Pokemon Showdown ;)

Well I do have quite a few competitive pokemon on my X and Y cartridges, though I need to get access to the pokebank going. Looks like since I haven't obtained many competitive pokemon yet in ORAS (only T-tar and swampert) its probably best to just SR for a good Lati@s. Thanks for the advice! :D

If you're up for restarting it and SRing yourself, then go ahead. If not, then there's no need. There's lots of nice people over on Wifi who would happily trade you a copy of their Lati@s for a few breeding projects (lke males with egg moves, or just a mon you can capture in the wild and bred with egg moves) or something similar, so just try your luck!

Your best bet is either Secret Base pals who can "pick up items" or the Lilycove lottery with at least 4 boxes full of traded Pokemon.

Just out of curiosity, if you face Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza with no Pokeball, what will happen?

And erm, do Ribbons from gen III and IV carry over to ORAS?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just out of curiosity, if you face Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza with no Pokeball, what will happen?

And erm, do Ribbons from gen III and IV carry over to ORAS?
If you don't have Pokeballs against Groudon / Kyogre you will be forced to KO them which will make the story continue as normal, you just have to beat the E4 to make them respawn. As for Rayquaza, the same would happen. You would be forced to KO it which makes it disappear, then reappear instantly, Zinnia tells you that you have to catch it. You would then have to Fly to a town to buy balls to catch it to move on. Deoxys is the same as Groudon / Kyogre where you would have to KO it and make it respawn again by beating the E4...

As for the ribbons, yes. Except they don't all show up individually on the summary screen. For example if you have 10 contest ribbons from the original RSE then it comes up as one 'contest ribbon' with a number to denote how many you have. I think this is the same for battle facility ribbons from previous gens as well. I think it's explained better on the Bulbapedia page (you'll have to Google it, I'm on my phone so can't be bothered to link)

edit: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ribbon

Bulbapedia said:
In Generation VI a new Ribbon was introduced, the Contest Memory Ribbon which represents all the Ribbons obtained in Contests and Super Contests in past generations.
Bulbapedia said:
In Generation VI a new Ribbon was introduced, the Battle Memory Ribbon which represents all the Ribbons obtained in Battle Towers in past generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)