ORAS OU Mega Altaria Semi Stall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Altaria is my favorite new mega, so I figured that I would base my team around her physical damage boosting set. I saw on the recommended core thread that some people have been having success with an Altaria/Gougeist-Super/and a bulky water, so I decided to start there and see where it goes. I'm open to any suggestions, but at the end of the day this team is being made on an alpha sapphire cart, so event legendaries and certain version exclusives are out of my reach for now. Also, getting specific hidden powers is really hard for me to do, so unless a set absolutely needs HP I try to avoid using it. Anyway, let me show the sets now, I'm pretty sure everything is really generic.

The main issues I have had so far are with Rotom-W, Greninja, and certain other bulky waters. I don't really have electric or meaningful grass coverage, and Greninja just seems to take everything apart in general.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Altaria is the linchpin of my team. So far I've been having success with a mono attacking set, but I've been thinking of trying out Earthquake over Heal Bell. Dragon Dance and Roost are both really good for accumulating boosts so that I can one hit everything with Return, and Heal Bell is there so that I can set up on stuff trying to stall me and help out my team if for some reason I send Altaria in before she's ready to sweep.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Mamoswine is a catch all revenge killer for me, and I always find ways to make sure he takes out a threat or two. Focus Sash is really good for catching people by surprise, as you can tank an Outrage or an Earthquake or some other attack and hit back with Icicle Crash + Shard for the KO. Earthquake hits Heatran and gives me STAB coverage, and Rock Slide basically hits Talonflame and other fliers that I get on the switch.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

Gourgeist is an extremely annoying wall that only got better with ORAS now that it has Synthesis. Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp are both essential to use Gourgiest, because if you aren't going to use them why not just use a Ferrothorn or some other bulky grass type instead? Seed Bomb is an okay STAB, but it can still dent Swampert and Rotom W if they try to come in on Gourgeist, and Synthesis makes him last forever so you can mitigate hazards and status.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 152 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Tentacruel may not actually do damage by himself, but having all of my teams utility in one place is too good to ignore. Scald is an okay attack, you won't be killing anything with it but you can hax people with burn on occasion and it is a decent deterrent to sending in a ground type to take advantage of the poison typing. Acid Spray is interesting, it's a psuedophazing move and it can still chunk fairies decently hard if they let the debuff stack up. Rapid Spin and Knock Off are standard, any team pretty much needs to have hazard removal and item removal on someone.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Heatran puts in work. He forms a fire/water/grass core with Tentacruel and Goureist, and a decent second defensive core with Altaria. His primary goal is to remove anything that will wall Altaria lategame, and his STAB coverage is perfect for taking out those pesky steels and fairies that try to wall you. Earth Power is a filler move essentially, and Stealth Rock is always good to have considering how many switches Heatran forces.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Iron Head

Tyranitar is honestly filler. I've tried a few other things in his place like Thundurus, Gothitelle, and Reuinculus, but I decided that I needed something a little bulkier than any of those. Tyranitar can take special hits like a champ and hit back hard. Stone Edge is to give me STAB and take out fliers, Pursuit to take out Latii's and any other psychic types (are there any, I only see the Latii's anyway.) Superpower can hit steels and rock types decently well, and Iron Head is to take on fairies that want to take advantage of my dark typing.

aight solid team specially backing up gourgeist. You dont balloon on tran since you need it to take on talonflame. You have nothing for mega venu so latios could be a nice switch over tentacruel since it beats keldeo and takes on zardy and venusaur. Make icicle crash to icicle spear since jolly is meant to outspeed breloom and spear 2hkos. Last you need a fighting type to resist bisharp. keldeo over ttar and make it scarf so that you beat greninja and lando t.

1. Wouldn't Icicle Spear be worse because it is a variable hit move, so you may get screwed over by it only hitting twice (unless 2 hits is enough to take out Breloom you mean?)
2. What would you recommend that I replace Air Balloon with
3. I like the idea of Latios over Tentacruel, but would Latias work just as well? I got Alpha Sapphire, so I don't have a way to get Latios (unless I can get hooked up with an Eon Ticket)
4. Like I said in OP, I don't have any way to get event legendaries, so I have no way to get a Keldeo (unless you're offering haha.) Would Conkeldurr or some other fighting type work in his place?

i thought your team is suppose to be used in simulators. Latios seems better to hit harder and lefties on tran. Yes icicle spear 2hkos breloom also beats substitutes and has a chance to kill dragonite depending on how much you hit. It still is a dominant option and that way you have something to beat breloom 1v1. Conk would seem good since it absorbs status and can take on lando decently. Keldeo just came to my mind since i always use it.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)