Other Need suggestions, pointers for my team..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone comes in here trolling and flaming, I would like to say this is my first competitive team. I have never really done competitive battling. I am looking for some suggestions and for people to be nice. I realize my post might not be up to standards and I ask you for patience while I hear suggestions and edit how I should create my team. I am looking to use this team to fight with friends and random people online, no tournaments or anything like that. Also, I don't feel like breeding over and over the right natures. I am hoping that I have an okay team and I am not 3x weak to any type.

Mega Blaziken @ Blazikenite lvl 71
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
EVs:
- Protect
- Blast Burn
- Sky Uppercut or Low Sweep
- Flare Blitz

1) Usually like to open with Blaziken and use it's speed as a speed sweaper.
2) I have sky uppercut to counter normal types
3) I have blast burn on there because it's really strong and flare blitz too for speed.

Metagross @ Mind Plate lvl 75
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Docile
EVs:
- Calm Mind
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

1) physical attacker
2) tank
3) calm mind to boost to my attacks. maybe agility over calm mmind

Shiftry @ Miracle Seed lvl 70
Ability: Chlorophyl
Nature: Jolly
EVs:
- Defog
- Swagger
- Leaf Storm
- Extrasensory

1) I have defog and swagger there to annoy the foe.
2) Leaf storm to attack water and rock types.
3) Extrasensory is for fighting types.
I was also thinking maybe use Sable eye instead of shiftry?

Dragonite @ Choice Bad lvl 67
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
EVs:
- Outrage
- Thunder punch
- Extreme Speed
- Super powers

1) Basically a choice bander to do alot of stab damager. Thunder punch is there to hurt water types.
2) I have extreme speed to get in a quick attack if something is faster.
3) Super power is there to cover every other situation

Rhyperior @ Life Orb lvl 50
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Bashful
EVs:
- Earthquake
- Rockslide
- Stone edge
- Protect

1) I have rockslide in their to counter flying types.
2) Stone edge in there to help do damage to the other team over time.
3) Protect and earthquake are there to do damage. I want to use my Rhyperior as a tanky bulky attacker.

Suicune @ Leftovers lvl 55
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Quiet
EVs:
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

1) Offsenive use for this suicune.
2) I will use to attack rock and fire types.
3) I will use to attack special attackers and dragon types.
I also considered using my blastoise with rain dish w/ naughty nature.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be brutally honest, this team could never be viable in Ubers, which is where it would have to be for. I recommend that you try going to tutoring to learn about the metagame before just building a team with random levels and natures, no EVs, etc. Rather than rating this team, my recommendation is just build a new one.

Tutoring: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

To be brutally honest, this team could never be viable in Ubers, which is where it would have to be for. I recommend that you try going to tutoring to learn about the metagame before just building a team with random levels and natures, no EVs, etc. Rather than rating this team, my recommendation is just build a new one.

Tutoring: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/
why would it be in ubers because it has blaziken and suicune? it's under "other" because it's for random online and playing with friends.

i also already looked at the tutoring page.

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
why would it be in ubers because it has blaziken and suicune? it's under "other" because it's for random online and playing with friends.

i also already looked at the tutoring page.
My bad, I thought this was for showdown (making this Uber because of blaziken) and not online. However, this is still not up to competitive standards. Natures, EVs, Moves and abilities all are chosen at random or don't exist and the mons are not level 100. As a competitive team, it makes no sense. For example, Suicune has a speed boosting move that lasts for four turns, protect which stalls out its speed, and a quiet nature which lowers its speed, not to mention it's level 55 and not 100, giving it lower stats. The team isn't competitively viable, and I'd look back at tutoring.

My bad, I thought this was for showdown (making this Uber because of blaziken) and not online. However, this is still not up to competitive standards. Natures, EVs, Moves and abilities all are chosen at random or don't exist and the mons are not level 100. As a competitive team, it makes no sense. For example, Suicune has a speed boosting move that lasts for four turns, protect which stalls out its speed, and a quiet nature which lowers its speed, not to mention it's level 55 and not 100, giving it lower stats. The team isn't competitively viable, and I'd look back at tutoring.
yeah but when i play online all pokemon are set to lvl 50. so lvl doesn't mean much to me.

I am at least looking for good move sets, strategy suggestions, making sure I am not 3x weak to one type, and then once I have that I will go and post what my EVs are.

and no, im not using this for showdown. it's for oras and x and y.

Last edited:

MZ

yeah but when i play online all pokemon are set to lvl 50. so lvl doesn't mean much to me.

I am at least looking for good move sets, strategy suggestions, making sure I am not 3x weak to one type, and then once I have that I will go and post what my EVs are.
You seem to be missing my point. First of all, the mons automatically go to level 50, I totally forgot that happened online. However, both the team and the move sets aren't good. Just because you're not weak to a type doesn't mean that the team is good. Like I said, these move sets make no sense, and I can't critique properly without EVs anyway. The mons don't have good offensive synergy either. It's just 6 random mons slapped together as far as I can tell. Does it have a team building process, or are these just 6 mons you happened to have? Also, unless they have perfect EVs the team is never going to be as good as it could be, and the natures definitely hurt. Even the abilities are bad, with Dragonite preferring Multiscale, Rhyperior preferring solid rock, and Blaziken preferring speed boost. I'd just scrap this team and build a new one.

You seem to be missing my point. First of all, the mons automatically go to level 50, I totally forgot that happened online. However, both the team and the move sets aren't good. Just because you're not weak to a type doesn't mean that the team is good. Like I said, these move sets make no sense, and I can't critique properly without EVs anyway. The mons don't have good offensive synergy either. It's just 6 random mons slapped together as far as I can tell. Does it have a team building process, or are these just 6 mons you happened to have? Also, unless they have perfect EVs the team is never going to be as good as it could be, and the natures definitely hurt. Even the abilities are bad, with Dragonite preferring Multiscale, Rhyperior preferring solid rock, and Blaziken preferring speed boost. I'd just scrap this team and build a new one.
Mega Blaziken has speed boost. every blaziken gets that once it's mega evolved.

MZ

Fair enough, but again misses the point. You can nitpick, but it still doesn't change the fact that, for example, your set is awful. Blast burn, Low sweep, and sky uppercut are all subpar moves on it, and even with fixing the moves I still have no EVs to go off of and the team synergy is still bad.

I made a new team and it's in the making for battle spot, random matches, and playing w/ friends:

Mega Venusaur (Staller)
Ability: Overgrow (Thick Fat)
Nature: Calm
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 31 as ivysaur are 89 hp, 64 sp at, 71 sp.d......)
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb

Ninetails w/ Choice Scarf (sp attacker)
Ability: Drought
Nature: Timid
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 34 vulpix 80 hp, spd 64, sp def 53, and sp.a 49)
- Dark Pulse
- Solar Beam
- Flame Thrower
- Nasty Plot

Gardevoir w/ Choice Specs (choice attacker)
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Modest
EVs: (unsure but stats are when ralts lvl 1 as 11 hp, 6 sp att/ 5 for spd, sp.d, and def)
- Moonblast
- Shadowball
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Dragonite w/ Choice Band (choice band speed attacker)
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant
EVs: (unsure but stats at lvl 1 dratini are 12 hp, 6 for everything but sp. att)
- Outrage
- Thunder punch
- Extreme Speed
- Super powers

Gengar w/ Black Sludge (spd hexer)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: (unsure but 11 hp, 7 sp. att, and 6 for all stats except att and def at lvl 1)
-Hex
-Substitute
-Taunt
-Will-o-wisp

Crawdaunt w/ Life Orb (wall breaker)
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant
EVs: (unsure but 12 hp, 6 for all stats except spd and sp.a at 5 at lvl 1)
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Sorry buddy but this isn't the kind of team you're allowed to post here. Please read the rules before posting again. You absolutely need to list evs for every Pokemon, and you also need to test the team before posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)