Smaug (Sceptile) @ Sceptilite :afrostar:
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Standard Mega Sceptile set. Hidden power fire for ice types and giga drain is recovery. This thing hits hard and is rely fast. Modest over Timid because of the power and mega sharpedo will be faster anyway after speed boost and kill you whit Ice fang.

Blue Relic (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Defensive lead Cobalion. Thunder wave to slow down pokes for my other team mates to outspeed . Cobalion is just too good to not be used .

BroBro (Slowking) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Slowking can take special hits and cover most of Sceptiles and Cobalions weaknesses. Rest talk Slowking can become annoying after calm minds and be rely hard to take out . Regenerator is rely good ability to have around also .

Dark Relic (Houndoom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Sludge Bomb

Houndoom can take fire hits that I have because of Flash Fire and revenge kill whit choice scarf . Sucker punch is good priority move and sludge bomb for my teams huge fairy weakness. Flamethrower over Fire blast cause of accuracy .

Hit On Me (Hitmonlee) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

My teams Spinner and Hitmonlee can do damage whit High Jump Kick. Mach punch is good priority and Knock off against ghost who try to spin block.

Ultraton (Braviary) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Substitute

Braviary is my bulky set up guy . First substitute and then bulk ups. Roost is recover and Brave bird can hit realy hard.

This is my first team I have posted so far. So would be good if you could tell me if I should do anything different ? :pimp:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey buddy, you have an interesting them over there, I'll try to improve it with a couple of suggestions:

First, change Sceptile's nature to Timid, this allows Sceptile to outspeed important threats such as Mega Pidgeot, other Mega Sceptiles and Jolteon after mega evolving, the power boost offered by Modest isn't always necessary.

Second, Cobalion's ev spread isn't optimal for his job; with 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe ev spread, Cobalion can 2HKO threats such as Virizion and friends with CC and outspeed a great variety of threats such as Braviary, Drapion and Hitmonlee.

Third, Hitmonlee shouldn't be holding an assault vest because it usually prefers the damage output from Life Orb and the SpDef boost is irrelevant in most cases because most players will focus on Hitmonlee's physical defense.

Finally Slowking usually operates better with an Assault Vest as a bulky pivot capable of dealing with Moltres, Mega Pidgeot and Delphox. Reggenerator makes him a really durable poke and with max attack Slowking can deal heavy blows and even fish for a burn with Scald. Here is the full set:

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

And a friendly advice; make your explanations at least 3 lines long. This will help the other players rate your team better and understand why you chose X or Y poke :)

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Since Mew2 has pretty much covered a lot of the main points that have to be brought up with the team, I will just add on a little of my personal thoughts.

A change I am going to recommend is Taunt over Thunder Wave on Cobalion. I feel that Thunder Wave is not needed for a team like yours where Slowking is the only member that I will actually consider slow, so Thunder Wave does not help much here. The reason why I am suggesting Taunt is because Cobalion is one of the fastest Stealth Rockers out there, and being able to prevent other Stealth Rock mons like Registeel and Bronzong from getting up Stealth Rock and pressuring your spinner to come in to get rid of Stealth Rock. It also can help prevent those mons from crippling your team with status moves.

Another change that I would recommend, but is definitely optional in this case, is Substitute over Leaf Storm on Mega Sceptile. The reason why I am suggesting this change is because Mega Sceptile essentially comes in on Alomomola for free, and what Substitute enables you to do is to possibly sweep your opponent's team late game, since this prevents Scarfers from revenge killing you and it allows you to get 2 hits off on defensive mons like Amoonguss and Aromatisse, which helps late game if the defensive mons on your opponent's team are weakened. Of course, the only Scarfer that can actually kill you is Meloetta with Hyper Voice, so do watch out for that, but other than that, having a Substitute up is really useful.

Do try this changes out and let me know what you think of them.

Hi Alright GG hater ! your team has all around nice synergy but most of your sets are suboptimal and can easily be improved.

My first idea is to change a bit Cobalion's spread and moveset as running Max Speed and a little bit more attack is far more useful than running that bulk. The spread i wanted to suggest is 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe with enough Attack to 2HKO Virizion and lots of bulk anyway. You should also use Taunt or Iron Head over Thunder Wave.
Your Slowking set is subpar too and i would suggest you, if you want to keep Calm Mind, to use a moveset of Slack Off, Scald, Calm Mind, Psyshock for maximum efficiency throughout the whole game and not being setup fodder. Assault Vest probably works too but i wouldn't say it is the most effective set in the current metagame.
You should also change your Houndoom set to a Life Orb one with a similar moveset of Fire Blast / Sucker Punch / Pursuit / Dark Pulse with an EV spread of 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe Hasty which guarantees the OHKO on Meloetta with Sucker Punch or fleeing Pursuit after Stealth Rock while retaining good power on your special moves. Choice Scarf Houndoom is honestly a terrible set and Sludge Bomb is not useful at all because Fairy types are hit harder by Fire Blast.
Assault Vest Hitmonlee is also a pretty bad set and if you feel like you need a bulky Rapid Spin user i wanted to suggest you Hitmontop. Hitmontop has way more bulk on both sides than Hitmonlee and Intimidate to cushion physical hits very easily. It also has Foresight for reliable Rapid Spinnning even against Ghost-types.
Finally i wanted to suggest you a different spread on Braviary as your current one doesn't do anything particularly useful to me and 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe Careful gives you more Special Defense and the ability to outspeed Gligar, Cresselia, and every non-Jolly Pangoro. Good luck!
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic / Sucker Punch

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
You need to expand your descriptions. Try to have at least three lines for each Pokémon. PM me your updated descriptions and I'll unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)