(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Something that's starting to annoy me just a little is with the O-Powers. When an O-Power levels up, why are the previous levels even remotely still available? Just use the highest level I have available that I have energy for for the one I pick! When are you ever going to consider using level 1 or 2 when you can use level 3? Maybe I'm getting annoyed with it because of going into Capture Power every time I reset for Terrakion at the moment...
I use Level 1 and 2 quite a bit when I've run out of juice for 3.

At last, there will be an event to get the long-awaited Contrary Serperior!*

*Japan only. Please understand.
Doesn't really matter what location it is - i'm sure they will trickle down via WT to everyone.

What annoys me at the moment is the animation for Eon Flute - Lati@s has to mega evolve and all that stuff, before you can soar. I just want to battle Gabby and Ty ad infinitum to grind (better than E4 because of access to PC and Origin Pulse Kyogre is all I need - can level up 5 people at once), without needing a Fly Slave - which still takes a lot of time anyway. I am glad that you can Fly to routes though.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'm not liking it that the screen fades to black when you go from a route to a city in ORAS, when in the originals the world was almost seamless. Maybe the extra details put a strain on the hardware, but it just annoys me that when I go from route 119 to Fortree City, the game has to literally stop for a moment to load the city. I suppose this was well-camouflaged in X/Y with the gates, so that's why it didn't bother me that much back then.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'm not liking it that the screen fades to black when you go from a route to a city in ORAS, when in the originals the world was almost seamless. Maybe the extra details put a strain on the hardware, but it just annoys me that when I go from route 119 to Fortree City, the game has to literally stop for a moment to load the city. I suppose this was well-camouflaged in X/Y with the gates, so that's why it didn't bother me that much back then.
XY had some continuous areas bar goosenge and lumiose, yet ORAS run on fades after rustboro.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
While this didn't really bother me on ORAS Routes, this did bother me in Lumiose City in XY. Made it a bit tedious to get around sometimes (then again that's what the cabs are for, after exploring around Lumiose City once there's really no reason to run around it anymore).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Sorry for double posting, but no one has posted after me and I'm not sure if anyone would read my new annoyance if I just edit my old post:

Mega Stones availability during main story. I can get why some Mega Stones will be unavailable like ones for the Legendaries/psuedo Legendaries or Pokemon who aren't available in the main story, but there are then Mega Stones for common Pokemon who are available during the story but you need to wait till post game to get their Mega Stone. Why? Wouldn't the perfect time for them to have access to their Mega Stones is during the main game when the player's Pokemon availability is limited (at least by the ones you catch from the wild) and the Legendaries/psuedo Legendaries Mega Stones are locked for post game which everyone would probably use once they have access to them? Let some of those common Pokemon have a moment to shine and show off their stuff before the stronger Pokemon's Mega Evolutions become available and possibly overshadow them once more.

Dexnav in anything that's not grass.
I adore this new feature but in caves, water and the desert it's just so frustratingly annoying when they move around and occasionally run away.
I've got to agree with this, especially when it takes at least a dozen tries just to get the Pokemon you want to have appear actually show up... and then you run into a wild Pokemon... or it just decides to run away on you. Yay, another dozen or so tries to get it to appear again.

Why does Lati@s need to Mega Evolve after using everytime the Eon Flute ... ?
Because they didn't want you to be able to soar on regular Lati@s, it's gotta go generic special.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I just played through the Cave of Origin scene in OR, and the way they treat the Magma Suit slightly annoyed me. You're given the Magma Suit right before you enter the cavern. You've seen the Suit and its test chamber during your visit to the villainous base earlier, so you know it's made to withstand extreme conditions - now that you're given it, surely there must be extreme conditions ahead? I picture the entire Cave of Origin glowing with heat, the cave roaring like a blast furnace the moment those doors open, shimmering air and wild Pokémon rushing out. Heck, better put the suit on now, and tell people to clear the area before opening the doors!
But no, the Magma Suit is stashed into your bag, and you walk in without any ado, wearing your regular clothes. Actually, the conditions seem to be calm enough for regular clothes to be worn everywhere in the cave, even when you stand on the edge of the freakin' lava pool. Only in a cutscene do you change into the Suit. You wear the suit for one short conversation with Maxie, interact with Groudon, travel to the "Core of Hoenn" - this big, magmatic cavern with lava flowing and shimmering air and ashes and everything - and then you change back into your regular clothes before you battle Groudon.

What the heck was the point of that suit if you were only wearing it for twenty seconds in a cutscene? They could have done more with it, in my opinion. Having you wear a specially-designed suit would underline Groudon's power, as being around it would simply be too dangerous without protecting gear. But nope, apparently the suit is only ever needed when you're practically surfing on Lava. When you're actually battling this terrible fire-beast, enraging it by sending your Pokémon to attack it, you stash the suit away.

Disappointing.

I just played through the Cave of Origin scene in OR, and the way they treat the Magma Suit slightly annoyed me. You're given the Magma Suit right before you enter the cavern. You've seen the Suit and its test chamber during your visit to the villainous base earlier, so you know it's made to withstand extreme conditions - now that you're given it, surely there must be extreme conditions ahead? I picture the entire Cave of Origin glowing with heat, the cave roaring like a blast furnace the moment those doors open, shimmering air and wild Pokémon rushing out. Heck, better put the suit on now, and tell people to clear the area before opening the doors!
But no, the Magma Suit is stashed into your bag, and you walk in without any ado, wearing your regular clothes. Actually, the conditions seem to be calm enough for regular clothes to be worn everywhere in the cave, even when you stand on the edge of the freakin' lava pool. Only in a cutscene do you change into the Suit. You wear the suit for one short conversation with Maxie, interact with Groudon, travel to the "Core of Hoenn" - this big, magmatic cavern with lava flowing and shimmering air and ashes and everything - and then you change back into your regular clothes before you battle Groudon.

What the heck was the point of that suit if you were only wearing it for twenty seconds in a cutscene? They could have done more with it, in my opinion. Having you wear a specially-designed suit would underline Groudon's power, as being around it would simply be too dangerous without protecting gear. But nope, apparently the suit is only ever needed when you're practically surfing on Lava. When you're actually battling this terrible fire-beast, enraging it by sending your Pokémon to attack it, you stash the suit away.

Disappointing.
At least you can't switch out of them in space when fighting Deoxys the first time...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

Disappointing.
At least in Omega Ruby there's sort of an excuse as you can't very well swim through lava in just shirt and shorts (of course that doesn't answer the question why you take off the suit despite being in what probably would be the hottest place ever). It becomes a headbanger in Alpha Sapphire were the excuse of needing the suit is because you wouldn't survive the pressure that Kyogre would be diving you down through. The problem with that is, despite being told you're going to the "Core of Hoenn", you'll quickly found out after the battle that the "Core of Hoenn" is only a few floors below the Cave of Origin. I think when your Pokemon dives you go down further then that!

Though as Detective Barricade said you at least put it on again when your ride Rayquaza into SPAAAAAAAAAACE! Infact I wouldn't be surprise if that's why it was thrown in, to justify the player having it for the Delta Episode. Show the suit off in the villain's base, have the villain boss give you the suit before encountering the mascot Legendary, and throw in a cutscene where the player needs to wear it to justify having it for the main game.

I didn't realize this cause it works well in Alpha Sapphire. You only wear it when you are underwater/in SPAAAAAAAAAACE!, so it didn't bother me.
Also, I love how we all say "SPAAAAAAAAAACE!" in reference to that part.

Speaking of Deoxys, this made me rather sad:
No, the catch location is Sky Pillar. So there's no difference between catching it immediately after Rayquaza or making it respawn later
It would have been so cool to look at Deoxys and have its catch location be "Space".

Last edited:
Sapphire was the first game that I really played when I was a child. Hoenn was a tropical island, and even the professor had shorts BUT you were white-haired (to hide in the snow, I think) and wore a black long tracksuit. Nintendo fixed this in pokémon emerald, but now that I've been playin ORAS, I really missed the old suit, and can't really watch to the brown hair coming out from that white wig (?) hat. I'm praying for a patch to get back to the old style!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I didn't realize this cause it works well in Alpha Sapphire. You only wear it when you are underwater/in SPAAAAAAAAAACE!, so it didn't bother me.
Also, I love how we all say "SPAAAAAAAAAACE!" in reference to that part.

Speaking of Deoxys, this made me rather sad:
It would have been so cool to look at Deoxys and have its catch location be "Space".
Well, you got to, Space Core demands it, he is an expert on and son of SPAAAAAAAAACE.

And though I guess it makes sense not needing the suit in Alpha Sapphire once you're done diving visual wise, logic wise the pressure down there should still be so immense that your character would be in a lot of pain if not outright dead (ever heard of decompression sickness, also known as "the bends"?).

That's too bad about Deoxys, wouldn't matter to me as I caught it on Sky Pillar but for those who did catch it space having that special label would have made it that more special.

Sapphire was the first game that I really played when I was a child. Hoenn was a tropical island, and even the professor had shorts BUT you were white-haired (to hide in the snow, I think) and wore a black long tracksuit. Nintendo fixed this in pokémon emerald, but now that I've been playin ORAS, I really missed the old suit, and can't really watch to the brown hair coming out from that white wig (?) hat. I'm praying for a patch to get back to the old style!
Actually Brandon "white hair" was always meant to be a knit cap (yes, he was wearing a knit cap in tropical weather) but since it covered all his hair even some official artists got confused whether it was his hair or not (though Pokemon Special revealed it was a hat). Funny enough the first thing I noticed about the redesigned Brandon was that they made sure to show that it's indeed a knit cap and having some of his actual brown hair sticking out of side.

And sadly ORAS doesn't have player customization (I guess due to time constraints and not wanting to stray too much from how May and Brandon look), so I don't we'll get alternate costumes. However I would like for them to expand the customization to letting us choose the color of our hair (and eyes and clothes).

Well, I'm never going to breed a Trick Room team. Why? Oh, it is easy enough getting a Jolly Nature with 31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed. And even that takes a while!

But the game is like "screw you" when you're trying to get a Sassy Nature with 31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and 0 IVs in Speed, but will refuse to give you the Attack, giving you Special Attack instead, or ousting the 0 IVs in Speed!

This is actually a problem with Generation V, but they haven't done anything about it in Generation VI, so I will complain about it:
Keldeo's Resolute Form. It is hands down the most worthless form in the game. The only thing it does is broadcast one of your moves. The Rotom forms always had stat changes, if it didn't change type. Cherrim at least makes sense in a flavor perspective. Hell, Keldeo doesn't even have the form in Black and White, yet it can learn Secret Sword in those games! It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh, and don't even get me started on how many fucking battles I've lost, all because that one Pokemon I didn't bring was one of the three I choose, and the best part: I have to choose them in 60 seconds, or it just automatically chooses the first three in my team! Why isn't 6v6 an option?! I HATE 3v3!!

Is it any wonder that I don't do Battle Spot very often?

Oh, and whenever I receive a useless wild Pokemon from Wonder Trade, I just release it. It would just take up needed Box space, and would probably be happier in the wild anyways. I do wish I could WT more than one Pokemon at a time though.

And don't even get me started on the "Your battery is low" message; I KNOW it's low you don't have to remind me every 10 seconds godamit
It's even more annoying when you've plugged in your 3DS, but the damn thing still won't shut up!

I'm like "What are you talking about?! I'm feeding you power right now!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Posted a lot, to save space I'm hiding my comments:

Well, I'm never going to breed a Trick Room team. Why? Oh, it is easy enough getting a Jolly Nature with 31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and Speed. And even that takes a while!

But the game is like "screw you" when you're trying to get a Sassy Nature with 31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defense, Special Defense, and 0 IVs in Speed, but will refuse to give you the Attack, giving you Special Attack instead, or ousting the 0 IVs in Speed!
Hmm, just yesterday I was having problems with something similar. I was going around catching the Legendaries (I caught all of them except for Kyurem and that's only because I hadn't sent over one of my Reshiram's yet). Anyway, it started with Terrakion who I wanted two of the guaranteed 31 IVs Attack & Speed and not one in Special Attack. However it ALWAYS kept putting one of the 31 IVs in Special Attack! Eventually I got one without 31 IVs in Special Attack, but it took me like a dozen tries!

Next was Cresselia where the OPPOSITE problem happened, putting one of the 31 IVs into Attack! After another dozen tries I got one with 4 31 IVs and though one was in Attack at least it had 3 in other places. Finally I caught Landurus and YET AGAIN the game decided it wanted to be a special attacker and kept putting a 31 IV into Special Attack! Once again I had to do a few dozen before I got one with 4 31 IVs.

And I still have Kyurem to get...

This is actually a problem with Generation V, but they haven't done anything about it in Generation VI, so I will complain about it:
Keldeo's Resolute Form. It is hands down the most worthless form in the game. The only thing it does is broadcast one of your moves. The Rotom forms always had stat changes, if it didn't change type. Cherrim at least makes sense in a flavor perspective. Hell, Keldeo doesn't even have the form in Black and White, yet it can learn Secret Sword in those games! It just doesn't make any sense.
I think I mentioned that before either here or on the Pokemon Mysteries said. Everyone said it was meant to show that it had "grown up" and on equal footing with the other Swords of Justice. Personally I still see it as a useless form change. I never understood why Keldeo was an Event Pokemon when it didn't have 600 BST and personally I think this form change could have done that. Add 20 and even change around it stats to make it a mixed attacker.

Normal: 91/72/90/129/90/108//580
My Resolute: 91/135/60/135/60/119//600

I mean, its part Fighting-type, I know Secret Sword if a Special Fighting-type move but still give it a decent Attack stat so it can use all those good Physical moves you give it (Sacred Sword, Close Combat, on the Water side it even gets Aqua Jet!). And before you say I'm making Resolute overpowered, I'm giving it paper thin defenses so that the at least Ordinary has some bulkiness to set it apart

Oh, and don't even get me started on how many fucking battles I've lost, all because that one Pokemon I didn't bring was one of the three I choose, and the best part: I have to choose them in 60 seconds, or it just automatically chooses the first three in my team! Why isn't 6v6 an option?! I HATE 3v3!!

Is it any wonder that I don't do Battle Spot very often?

Oh, and whenever I receive a useless wild Pokemon from Wonder Trade, I just release it. It would just take up needed Box space, and would probably be happier in the wild anyways. I do wish I could WT more than one Pokemon at a time though.
Yeah, I have no idea why they restrict everything to 3 vs. 3. I sort of get it for the Battle Facilities as they're suppose to be a test and for official tournaments as you don't want battles to go on too long. But normal battles against other players? Let the players decide how long it should go on, it's on their own time.

I wish I could deposite more than one Pokemon in the GTS. I don't really care about Wonder Trade since I rarely get anything good, rather just directly trade for what I want.

Yeah, I have no idea why they restrict everything to 3 vs. 3. I sort of get it for the Battle Facilities as they're suppose to be a test and for official tournaments as you don't want battles to go on too long. But normal battles against other players? Let the players decide how long it should go on, it's on their own time.
I fully agree. I remember when I first heard about Battle Spot in Black and White, I was excited since it meant I could battle more people. Then I actually got the game and found it it limited me to 3v3 and forced Item Clause. Please, just give us a random battle feature that allows us to have 6v6 and no Item Clause (I just have two Assault Vests!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)