ORAS OU Zard-Y still meta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a team i made out of complete boredom and i saw the same freaking mega's every team like people forgot about the Zard duo and M-Garde and their offensive presence they establish so i tried to remind people of their existence and i seem to adore this team so far and im look for some helpful ideas

Team:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Body Slam/T-Wave
- Iron Head

Pretty Standard Rachi, its passively gives the team Para support, its my hazard setter and the first of my pseudo-defensive core. It takes most special threats that aren't named GRENINJA, but it is great on the switch, tank a D-Pulse para it, making it less of an initial threat. The choice of T-Wave i say depends what you see as a threat, i run Body Slam on mine because I want to para Lando-Ts as i believe its a big threat to this team as you will see later. But you can run T-Wave on it to make Ninja para forsure.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Oh Mandibuzz, this thing just love's the new meta ORAS introduced, with about 80% of the new Mega's being Physical Foul Play puts in work, OHKO's the likes of Beedrill, MegaGross, dents both Gallade and Lopunny respectively and combines well with Rachi. This RachiBuzz psuedo-defesive core walls majority of threats in the tier and with Mandi being a Defogger that can sit in Bisharp's face and phaze it out isn't too bad either. Nature + IV thing is so i have a better switch into Foul Plays myself.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This why I run Body Slam>T-Wave on Rachi. As you can see in the EV spread my Lando is slower than other Scarf Lando-T's. This reason is most things that you want Lando to outspeed it can outspeed with this spread, so i put the other EVs into Def idek so i can take MegaGross a tad bit better on the switch. Besides that its pretty much standard scout Lando. "Knock Off, Knock Off, Knock Off"

upload_2014-12-20_12-51-47.png

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I'm not the only one thats happy this thing DID NOT get Knock Off? But let me finish this before i rant.
Pretty standard Greninja you put moves on it that cover you're thems threats then there you have this "broken" thing everyone is whining about. 2HKO everything, that it does, but its too frail to really sweep it just they best Cleaner in the tier. But if it does get banned i think a Keldeo can fit here.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Ok, i heard some ramblings about Breloom may go down to UU because it isn't a threat since TFlame is a thing, but FS Lure gets the job done. It shuts down Set-Up sweepers Mandi can't come in and phaze it, OHKO's Standard Ninja with Mach Punch. So the utility is strong, this slot did belong to Conk but TFlame does scare this team alot.

upload_2014-12-20_13-7-1.png

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Last and certainly not least, the star of the show and wallbreaker, Zard-Y. I chose Y>X because of the heavy presence of Physical walls and Rocky Helm. Fire Blast in the sun dents everything, make it a hard thing to switch in to unless you know your name isn't Heatran.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)