Other RMT - I'd love some advice

Hello, I am looking for advice on this team.
First time creating a thread here so please tell me if I do anything wrong and I will edit accordingly. English isn't my mother tongue so please forgive any mistakes.

I already know some of these pokemons could be replaced by more competitive pokemons, but I want to make a competitive team out of pokemon I actually like this time, while always trying to keep a good balance between defense and offense.
I'm pretty happy with the state of the team as a whole and it works all right even though it can't wreck every Aegislash / Talonflame / usual suspects x4 team out there.

I'd really love some advice on what I could improve as a whole without changing the Pokemons. I'm still hesitating between different moves for Mega-Lopunny, Togekiss and Gengar so that's the main reason I'm creating this thread.

Any input is welcomed!

Milotic
Rocky Helmet
Ability: Competitive
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 DEF / 8 SPD
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Recover
Milotic is one of my favorite pokemon and I wanted to start the team with a physically defensive pokemon that can still punish opponents. Bold Nature and Rocky Helmet on one hand and Mirror Coat on the other seem to be a good mixed defense system.
I'm still hesitating between Competitive and Marvel Scale... It seems every time I try Competitive I get a status and every time I try Marvel Scale, I get Intimidated. I'd like some input on that.

Dragonite
Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 216 HP / 64 ATK / 228 SPD
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
I'm taking the opportunity to use the new hidden ability which, coupled with the spread, allow Dragonite to survive more than before while still being effective. I needed one Fire move user to counter Steel and I wanted at least one great priority move in my team so Extreme Speed is perfect here.

Mega-Lopunny
@Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 ATK / 4 DEF / 252 SPE
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
My mega-stone user. Always loved this pokemon, but it wasn't very viable before the stone obviously. This is one of the Pokemon where I'd like the most advice. I hesitated a long time with Fake Out / Substitute / Thunder Punch. I already have Milotic, Togekiss and Dragonite against Dragons so Ice Punch could be traded for Thunder Punch? Drain Punch is really useful to recover from a Protect on HJK. I was also thinking about having Power Up Punch behind that Substitute, but I can't have them all, I guess.

Togekiss
@Wacan Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SPD / 16 SPE
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Roost / Heal Bell
I've always wanted to use a Togekiss competitively, even with all its weaknesses, one of which I'm trying to lessen with this Wacan Berry but I guess a Sitrus could work too. I originally wanted to use Baton Pass on it and switch to Gengar / Milotic but surviving long enough can be problematic. The combo Flying / Fairy works well though. I don't know if I should keep Roost to recover from the Nasty Plot turn where I usually take damage or take Heal Bell to support the team further. Any advice is welcomed!

Breloom
Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 ATK / 4 DEF / 252 SPE
- Seed Bomb
- Sky Uppercut
- Leech Seed
- Rock Slide
At this point, I had 2 special (Milotic / Togekiss) and 2 physical (Dragonite / Lopunny) and while looking at my favorite physical attackers, I remembered Breloom and I always wanted to try a Poison Heal set instead of Technician. It works well since most people expect the opposite these days.

Gengar
Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SPA / 252 SPE
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain / Destiny Bond

My main special sweeper. It works really well with Shadow / Sludge / Thunder, but I'm still unsure about the last slot. I like having a healing move on Gengar since he can't tank but Destiny Bond is always helpful.

Mainly, I'm looking for advice on the moves where I'm not sure which one to choose, on items that could be better or even abilities, but any input is welcomed.

Thanks for looking at my post and thanks in advance for your responses.

This team is OU, judging by the pokes in it, and should be in the ORAS OU teams thread.
Other than that, I suggest you use life orb on Gengar, as it is frail and passive healing doesn't help it. Also, your Togekiss should have leftovers. Dragonite should have more offensive EVs and if you are playing on cartridge, you need to run Lum Berry or Weakness Policy as Togekiss will use up the leftovers.
I would use Focus Blast in the final slot on Gengar as it can't do much to S.Def Heatran or Ferrothorn without it. Lopunny doesn't need 2 fighting type moves, so I would replace High Jump Kick with substitute so you can avoid being burned/paralysed by slower pokes. Brelloom should have drain punch instead of sky uppercut as it is more accurate and heals you.
I would suggest replacing Brelloom actually, as you have a massive birdspam weakness. I would replace it with Rhyperior, Ancient Power Heatran etc. so you havr something to take it on.

Thanks for the response.

Can I move the thread myself or do I need an admin to put it in the right section?

- I really don't like Life Orb Gengar, it dies way too fast every time I try it. I might use a Focus Sash though. I'd like to put Focus Blast but I always have trouble sacrificing a slot for a low accuracy move... Focus Blast isn't reliable at all and like you said, Gengar is frail, so I can't really afford to lose a turn. I'd like other suggestions though.
- I think you are right about the switch for Leftovers between Togekiss and Dragonite though. A Weakness Policy will work wonder on Dragonite.
- I also agree on the Drain Punch instead of Sky Uppercut on Breloom.
- As for the Lopunny, I'm still hesitating. People expect a lot of HJK and Protect a lot on it so you may be right, but on the other hand, I lose 55 of base power on my STAB move. There's also the option of Fake Out, though I would need to breed a new one to get the egg move.

I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)