The Serpent And The Princess [COMPLETE]

Would You Like To See More Pokémon Made Fully Re-Distributable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes because it makes it easier for new players to enter the competitive world of pokemon. It makes it a much more welcoming community with much less work required and more people means more fun! I personally prefer using my own pokemon but if someone trades for my stuff, then they own it now and they should be able to do what they want with it.

My FC: 2406-5611-5334

Thank you in advance

jetslover1

Banned deucer.
Thanks for showing your support; and for being our first recipient. :D

You've been added. Can you trade now?

On a side note; did .com just vote no? I thought all his stuff was fully re-distributable. How strange. (Just trying to do something nice for Christmas....)
I'm busy right now but will trade in like an hour or so

Sorry everyone, I fell asleep at the computer for 40 minutes.

Once again, Thank you very much!
You're welcome. :P
I voted yes, because more people should have the opportunity to play competetive with these gems. It balances the WiFi metagame, even though it's just a little bit. Nevertheless it's a drop in the bucket, I appreciate it.
Btw thanks for this giveaway!
FC: 5412-9948-9958
Adding you now.
I voted yes because it makes it easier for new players to enter the competitive world of pokemon. It makes it a much more welcoming community with much less work required and more people means more fun! I personally prefer using my own pokemon but if someone trades for my stuff, then they own it now and they should be able to do what they want with it.

My FC: 2406-5611-5334

Thank you in advance
Adding you now
I'm busy right now but will trade in like an hour or so
Cool, well, I have some company coming over soon, but I should be on all day tomorrow and maybe even later tonight.

jetslover1

Banned deucer.
Sorry everyone, I fell asleep at the computer for 40 minutes.

You're welcome. :P

Adding you now.

Adding you now

Cool, well, I have some company coming over soon, but I should be on all day tomorrow and maybe even later tonight.
Fc 100603025253

I voted yes. I like the idea of better Pokemon/better community as it promotes better battles and a more competitive environment. It would be nice to commend the players that spent the time to get these great pokes and keep the community strong. FC:2981-6610-5462. Thanks

I hope I'm not too late! My FC is 1134 9582 4800.

I voted yes because I'd really prefer to share nice things with everyone. In-game breeding is easier now than it's ever been, and there isn't much need for a selfish mentality. I'm stoked about Diancie because I missed the event but saw her in the 17th movie and fell in love with her. This is a great giveaway.

I came here and voted without noticing it was a giveaway ._. (Overall forum list shows last post made in forum, so that's how I got here). But reading through the instructions and purpose, I have a couple things to say:

Firstly, I voted yes because that opens the door to people new to the business to expand their collections and get what they want. I understand how the big traders here (like yourself) want to keep their collections to their own so that in the case something rare comes around they have better odds of obtaining it, but that often puts new traders at a disadvantage.

Second, the purpose of trade threads here on Smogon is to create an economy of sorts, which means that giveaways like this should be "breaking" this economy. That's one side of the situation. The other (and the one that makes me a bit sad) is the select few traders that fall into a paradox of sorts: They have everything that every small / medium trader could possibly offer to them, and those who have what they're looking for can get the stuff they're offering themselves. I won't mention anyone in particular out of respect.

And third (back on topic), I might seem like an hypocrite because I have non-redis Pokémon on my thread, but the truth is that I do it to identify my most valuable 'mons rather than to prevent them from spreading out like wildfire (Not that they would, anyway). Still, I'd definitely consider making them all full-redis, but there are some people who don't like Pokémon with full-redis rights, so there's that.

So yeah, I'm gonna stop the rant here, and thank you for the giveaway. Sorry for the wall of text.

P.S. Still waiting for that XD Lugia of yours. Been gathering lots of stuff to offer for it D:

I voted yes because I think this helps to improve the possession of rare pokemon in the environment. I am a pokemon collector personally. It is always difficult to obtain those rare pokemon all over the world, especially those from time-limited events. If more pokemon become fully re-distributable, more people can have a chance to enjoy those wonderful pokemon.

My FC is 5412-9855-0760.

I voted "yes" because I think that it tends to make people happier when they can actually obtain what they want.

I also have personal reasons; for quite some time now, I've been making all of my pokemon fully-redis. When I first decided to put everything free to download on Pokecheck, I did have a person or two question me, saying things like "but the value will go down; they'll be worth nothing!" Truth be told, that's actually exactly the reason that I decided to make everything fully redis in the first place. I don't like my pokemon "valued" and just used to up-trade; I'd rather see people using them to breed/battle and enjoying them rather than bragging about something that isn't even theirs to brag about. Also, I can't clone and don't have much time for Pokemon anymore. If I let other people give my stuff away, it makes it less of a burden on me to distribute things. Oh, and did I mention that I want people to give away my pokemon like whores and enjoy them like whores too? :D

So yeah, my opinion is kind of based off of my own personal stance with my own pokemon. I've had way more fun giving away my pokemon for free than I ever had trading them. It may seem to be contradictory, but I feel that making things fully-redis actually discourages people trading them because it erases any ability to "up-trade" them (which is a practice I personally despise for reasons that are too long to explain).

tl;dr: All my stuff is fully redis because I want people to give away my pokemon like whores, not auction them off like virgins. ;o

My FC is 1848 2955 3635

Last edited:
I voted no, because I don't really care about the re-trade of other peoples' things. Like .com said, I like the act of getting the Pokemon. Because I don't even list things with other peoples' OT/IDs in my thread, I couldn't care less if what I receive in trades is redis or not. I get things from people for personal use, and I don't play Ubers, so SRed legends mean nothing to me if I can't play with them.

My FC is in my sig, I've added you already.

I haven't gotten ORAS yet, I have ordered it but still waiting on it.Just came here to offer my opinion on things.

Voted 'Yes' even though I usually don't trade other people's shinies, I have benefitted a lot from the full redis Kalos Legends and before I got my own, other people's stuff which I had redis on, I plan to make my hasty Yveltal full redis.The thing pro-non redis people will argue is that their poke's value is being lowered considerably, with every person around trading it to get stuff.A good remedy would be to make stuff Semi redis, this gives the people an incentive for trading with the original owner and if they cannot, they can always get it from someone who has semi redis on it.All in all, respect the trader and don't just trade it to anyone you like.

Voted yes. I'm more interested in having options to battle with than to have a trade thread full of things people can never trade for.

Hello, I've added you and I have voted for yes, I prefer more Pokemon to be fully redis.
It is much easier to trade for things around here when the Pokemon is fully redistributable, though I understand why some people have made their Pokemon to be non-redis or semi (all the hard work). Though as a casual gamer, I don't do high value trades so it doesn't affect me as much. And I also think it gives more people chances to own a competitive Pokemon they'd like.
I have a copy of Alpha Sapphire :)

I voted yes because I think part of the intended purpose of Pokemon is to encourage trading. The games have been increasingly focused on multiplayer as the generations have gone by, and trading is a big part of that. I also think that at the end of the day, it doesn't really hurt the person who originally bred/caught/RNG'd/traded for the Pokemon if more people get access to it. If anything it's cool that so many other people benefit.

I have added you! I am especially interested in the Diancie. Just PM me when you're ready to trade!

I voted no because I believe Pokemon should be made more unique to the user who bred/caught the Pokemon. It gives them a place in history and a sense of belonging to the original user.

Hopefully I still made it in time!

I think that more legendary pokemon should be full-redis instead of sitting on people's banks. As for normal breeding projects I don't think that it's hard to find the parents but when it comes to legendaries things are different.I believe that most of the legendary should be traded freely because that way everyone can see how much efford someone spent for something worth.Also I know that some people spent a lot of time SRing some pokemon ( Tatertot spent a week and half for his Rayquaza ) but I think that giving legendary pokemon for nothing not only makes the inexperienced trainers (like me) happy but also makes them want to try that themselves. (in my last sentence I don't encourage people to start giving away their legends but I'm just saying that what Pokéguy is doing is awesome)

I'm probably gonna be the odd one out here but I voted no. I personally believe that some pokemon should be rare and hard to find. One of the reasons why I love playing pokemon is because it's a challenge. For some people it's simply catching every single pokemon. For others it's collecting as many events that they can. For some it's shinies. Whereas others are more about getting high win streaks in the battle maison and RIP the Battle Frontier (please come back as a patch). Take away the challenge and pokemon becomes dare I say, boring. Though it is nice to have some free pokes, especially if it's one of the last ones you need or whatever. However if everyone did it then they would have no value at all. Adding you now.

Last edited:
hey, i voted on your poll no because I think that often encourages crap involving modifying pokemon/dubious legitimacy things that happe naftewards

I've added you and have a copy of omega ruby :O

I voted yes because I just love having random pokemon from all over the world, its also fun to trade to others. Im sorry my thing was short but I dont have a lot of writing skill. My fc is 0705 2005 0237. So yeah.

If I could I would vote both yes and no (voted no in this case), some pkm I would like to give to anyone if I could, but some are precious to me and I would like to keep it to myself. Personally I don't have much opinion on this matter though. That aside, I would love to have these pokes, my FC is 4656 8542 7010.

Thanks in advance.

I voted yes but I believe it is a far more complicated question than a simple yes/no. I believe that working together it is possible to have more battle ready pokemon which ultimately is what I'd like to have since I really enjoy battles but not so much all the hatching/soft resetting process. On the other end if everybody has all the same pokemon with the same stats then that pokemon "loses value", meaning that all the effort put in breeding/soft resetting is not so unique anymore. Ultimately I love battles so for me is a yes.

For the giveaway, I will hopefully receive AS on Chrismas day. Do you think I can reserve the two pokemon until then? I added your FC anyway..

i vote yes because i always find game freak a good company and every year tries to improve their games, in facts when they announce ORAS i was excited because the original games was my favorite of the series and now after complete the game i can say it's a very good remake! the only thing i can say now is that i dream for a remake or new game with johto starters mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)