ORAS OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY AND ALL CURRENT WRITERS MUST READ

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One more thing. Please look at posts above yours before reserving. The OP is only updated periodically and I will post when I update it; any posts below the last time I said I updated it are almost guaranteed not to be accounted for in the OP.

That said, the OP is now updated.

Jukain just what part of the Chansey analysis causes it to be restricted to badgeholders? I understand everything else being marked for badgeholders, but Chansey is so straightforward, the only thing you really have to worry about is someone who doesn't actually understand how to use it reserving the analysis.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chansey is reserved for badgeholders because it is an important stall Pokemon and it took multiple authors to complete the first Chansey analysis due to quality concerns.

Can I reserve mandibuzz? If my post count is a problem then I understand but I have experience with the pokemon and I've seen other analysises so I know the format. Just a long time lurker :]

tagging Jukain for approval or not

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jukain Am I supposed to include mega latias as well as regular latias in the revamp analysis? I'm a little unsure because The Ender is already doing an analysis on CM Mega Latias (the only viable set).

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have to drop Azumarill. I've been sick the past few days IRL and haven't been able to get on my computer that much and I won't have the time to post + update another thread before I leave Friday. Apologies for any inconvenience.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would like to do an analysis of Greninja, but if it is already taken please let me know
That's already being done by TRC. Please check the op to see what's available :)
Edit: @below you can't write an analysis for just any pokemon, you have to see what pokemon are in the unreserved section.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
Reserving Rotom-W
Also, Jukain - the reason I have not posted the Latias skeleton is because I dont know if I should include the mega CM set or not. Would appreciate an answer, but if you would rather me just post the skeleton and get back to me about it after left me know.
Edit: @ below - thanks for letting me know, will do.

Last edited:
Would you guys consider Emboar, and to a lesser extent, Serperior, to get OU analyses? Serperior and Emboar were just treated to an official release of their hidden abilities - Contrary and Reckless, respectively. Serperior still isn't amazing with Contrary, but it does allow it to serve as a decent check to Mega Slowbro, Rotom-W, Mega Swampert, Mega Diancie, and Hippowdon. With a Choice Scarf, it can become pretty scary, able to pick off Greninja with Leaf Storm and boost of of it. Emboar is a lot better-sounding, though, as it has the right movepool to utilize Reckless. Choice Band 252+ Reckless-boosted Flare Blitz annihilates lots of stuff. I'll run some calcs below.

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 238-282 (56.6 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 415-489 (111.5 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 229-271 (75.3 - 89.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

As you can see, Emboar's damage output is incredible. Now, don't get me wrong - these are by no means top-tier mons. B rank at most on the ORAS OU viability rankings, imo. They are by no means fantastic, but they do deserve to be considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)