Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Note from the Editor

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Weather is a revolutionary game mechanic that first arose in ADV"

Eh, Sunny Day, Rain Dance and Sandstorm were introduced in GSC. ADV introduced the weather-inducing abilities.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"Weather is a revolutionary game mechanic that first arose in ADV"

Eh, Sunny Day, Rain Dance and Sandstorm were introduced in GSC. ADV introduced the weather-inducing abilities.
Thanks! I've changed the sentence to "Weather is a revolutionary game mechanic that first arose in GSC, along with the introduction of the abilities Sand Stream, Drizzle, and Drought in ADV."

Oh my, after reading the judge a pokemon article, I think we only have ourselves to blame for totally alternating Latias' personality. As if two of the judges are just lamenting out of doubt on robbing / destroying her innocence, with her femininity according to one of the judges, that one part makes it feel rather depressing for Christmas is coming so soon. So let's not spam her mega stone as much if we want the naïve latias we've come to know and love.

As for the megas, while Lopunny is now viable at last, it just might not stop the furries from admiring her to the next level of erotic census I bet. I'll still use her in OU, THE MOMENT I GET A 3DS! PS ain't cutting much for me anymore thanks to DOTA2

However, they should only be used when they hit a target for 4x damage, as even a 2x resisted Hurricane outdamages a super effective Hidden Power.
Saw this on the ORAS Megas article under Mega Pidgeot's section.

Unless it's because I'm lacking sleep (5:30am here yo) then 110*1.5/2=82.5 while 60*2=120 so Hidden Power is stronger under the specifics the writer mentioned. Unless they meant that a resisted Hurricane outdamages a neutral Hidden Power, which would be true.

Also

Carracosta has never really seen the light in any tier.
Isn't true and makes me think that the writers are unaware of its usage in B2W2 NU.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The cover art is incredible, well done Bummer !

I also especially liked the article about DPP Pokemon and where they are now, it was a good reminiscent of the past. rip best metagame.

Didn't like the article about judging megas by their looks though, which apparently everyone liked lol. I just didn't find it as funny I guess, but it's alright.

Nice issue, noticed some stuff with the ORAS OU Megas article.
-In mega beedrill, "Knock Off" isn't capitalized.
-Mega Slowbro's HP is given as base 95, but in the written portion base 90 HP is mentioned.
Anyway, cheers, hope to contribute a little to the next issue.
Edit-kk nvm

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Nice issue, noticed some stuff with the ORAS OU Megas article.
-In mega beedrill, "Knock Off" isn't capitalized.
-Mega Slowbro's HP is given as base 95, but in the written portion base 90 HP is mentioned.
Anyway, cheers, hope to contribute a little to the next issue.
You have a badge, fix it in the scms e.e

This crossword is soooo hard! I have most down, but some are too hard to figure it out. Congrats to whoever made the crossword(but I hate you now too)

Edit: Just figured out the Gangnam Style clue, that's really creative :)

Edit 2: Only two clues left! Hot wheels and explosive ride are proving elusive

This issue was really fun!

Last edited:
The new attacks, though not particularly useful to defensive Rotom sets, gave it just a big enough movepool to make an offensive set viable. Rotom-W, with its access to Hydro Pump, became the appliance of choice for this role, as it had the ability to power through Pokémon like Hippowdon and Tyranitar that did not take significant damage from its STAB attacks.
But Rotom-H was by far the most commonly used forme for most, if not all, of DPP because Overheat hit Scizor.

EDIT: actually nah this article as a whole just had lots of little errors like this. It just felt like it was written by a person who didn't actually play. Although Ice Punch Tyranitar did give me a good laugh.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Saw this on the ORAS Megas article under Mega Pidgeot's section.

Unless it's because I'm lacking sleep (5:30am here yo) then 110*1.5/2=82.5 while 60*2=120 so Hidden Power is stronger under the specifics the writer mentioned. Unless they meant that a resisted Hurricane outdamages a neutral Hidden Power, which would be true.
yeah i meant neutral. will fix this. thanks for the catch.

They come out in the next issue :)

and goshhh I'm missing out on a lot huh!!
But on the puzzle page, they said the answers would come out on the issue. I checked last issue, and all the answers were posted there. Do you mean they get posted when the next issue comes out. Cause the answers to Issue 37 were right there?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
But on the puzzle page, they said the answers would come out on the issue. I checked last issue, and all the answers were posted there. Do you mean they get posted when the next issue comes out. Cause the answers to Issue 37 were right there?
uh im sorry im sorry ive been busy with christmas and new year and EVERYTHING IM SORRY

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yes, we know. The front page is a bit of a pain to update right now so we've been trying to just advertise other ways.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really REALLY good stuff this issue. Can't wait for next issue! Solid job by all the writers and artists featured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)