Group Pool Play VGC 2015 Tournament Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys we have 36 people guaranteed into the tournament. From now on, anyone who signs up will be added to the "potential substitute" list. If enough people sign up for the tournament before the first round begins (1/4/15) I might allow people from that list into the tournament. If not, people who sign up now will just remain as a substitute.

I wish everyone to enjoy there Holidays and looking forward for awesome VGC 2015 battles.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
36 people guarantee is 9 groups of 4 players right? How do you plan to host the single elimination part with 18 players in the second round?
According to the op, the next number of people would be 48 (12x4), and that could work with a round robin finals. But if 48 isn't reached, why don't you consider 8 groups of 5, it would works perfectly and give you 16 players for the second round.

36 people guarantee is 9 groups of 4 players right? How do you plan to host the single elimination part with 18 players in the second round?
According to the op, the next number of people would be 48 (12x4), and that could work with a round robin finals. But if 48 isn't reached, why don't you consider 8 groups of 5, it would works perfectly and give you 16 players for the second round.
For the single elimination, two people will have to fight an extra match in the very first round. If I end up having to stick with 36 participants, this would even up the brackets after the very first round and no one will be able to receive byes late in the tournament. As for 40 participants, I definitely will consider doing that for sure. Thanks, and Happy Holidays ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)