ORAS UU RMT Please? {2nd Attempt}

I've gone back and made some adjustments to the team here, since my first team sorta failed to give me a good coverage to a lot of bad things. So here it is, my second UnderUsed team.

So I decided that, as always, I would be going for a more-or-less offensive team. With that in mind, I picked out some of my old team and some of my new team, and I've done relatively well so far with it.

Insanity (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
----
With an overabundance of physical walls that I tend to run into and glass cannons, Pory-Z seemed like the perfect little beastie to rip into anything that doesn't have a comparatively large special defense. 252 SpA. puts it at just over four-hundred overall, and adding the power of Specs and Adaptability, the mainstay of Porygon-Z becomes a lethal attacker, and has a massive damage potential with any of the other three attacks it possesses. And even better - if there's no Special Walls, this becomes a fast-ish suicide lead that's easily capable of clearing out half a team before going down.

Lassie (Arcanine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
----
I'd used to run LO Arcanine with max attack, but this works much better. Able to soak up shots from Darmanitan and Entei if they try and take a cheap shot at me, Leftovers + Morning Sun make it a bit harder to just push out of the way. Flare Blitz is an obvious powerful STAB, though the recoil is mostly mitigated through Morning Sun, and Wild Charge helps when dealing with Specially Defensive Cunes or any annoying water. And on the off chance I run into an Aggron, this is more or less my go-to for soaking up shots and throwing them back {although Flygon handles that better, for the most part}.

Calixer (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 108 Def / 160 SpA / 112 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
----
Replacing Ninjask came Celebi. I was sorta indecisive on this, but after a few games I realized that the BP combo was killing me because I had no real way to stay in the game. So I dropped that, and opted for a Nasty Plot Celebi. Giga Drain and Recover are there for decent healing and Psychic is more of a filler than anything, but it saw some use against Machamp for the most part.

Kodi (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
----
Flygon, as I'm commonly told, sucks in UU and almost anything else. I've found that not to really be the case - instead of sucking as much as everybody says, Flygon's proven itself to be a valuable asset where it completely neutralizes Electric attacks which kill Suicune later on. With two Dragon-Type moves of decent power [runs fire punch now since D-Claw never got used], it packs a good STAB punch, and Earthquake does well to help it along when something that would resist or ignore Dragon-Types come along. And since it outspeeds a good portion of the meta, the only risk it has is a physical wall that can throw an ice beam at it if it doesn't get OHKO'ed. Mostly Swampert.

Damian (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
----
Since I had a glaring weakness to fairies and stalling Umbreons, Lucario here steps in to fill a slot left empty by the removal of the considerably bulky but not really worthwhile Rhyperior. Running the typical ESpeed, Iron Tail, CC setup, it's a decent Revenge Killer and has a nice niche filling in against any Specials that would otherwise ruin a day. Jolly's there to outspeed anything below 300 speed, and probably some above that, though it's not gonna beat much scarfers. Still, if I manage to set up with an SD, not much is walking away from Close Combat.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm mind
----
A personal favorite, Suicune serves as a friend to all things that need a tank on an offensive team. Running the Scald and Ice Beam combo that I've come to love so much, few of the counters that come up to anything do more than half to Cune even without AssVest - though I opted for Leftovers to make sure nothing that could OHKO it after Rocks / Spikes got to it. Tailwind, a spare move, has come in handy for dealing with speedier things that pose a legitimate threat, because getting the first shot and pulling off a freeze or burn on something greatly increases survival to all.

----

Arcanine @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp
----
Arcanine gave me a bit of hell when I tried to set up with Ninjask at any time at all, with it being one of the few things that has an attacking priority move. So I decided to dump it into the team as a high-powered attacker that handles the pesky Ice- and Water-Types with Flare Blitz and Wild Charge. Otherwise, it gets a decent bit of usage using Will-O-Wisp, and has Extremespeed as a mainstay just to pick off any low-health stragglers that might try and Roost or Recover on me.
-- Replaced by defensive Arcanine - Morning Sun + Flare Blitz makes better threat.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute
----
Possessing no attacking moves, I get questioned on my decision to use Ninjask a lot. It's like Artillery on WoT - useful as hell when used in conjunction with the rest of the team, but it won't survive very well on it's own. Since it has the two blocking moves so that getting Speed Boost is almost certain, and Baton Pass to hand along the speed to one of the lagging pokes [which is typically Rampardos], I decided to slap Swords Dance on it instead of X-Scissor because that attack boost is really freaking useful when you get set up on with a defensive wall.
--Replaced by Nasty Plot Celebi -- Needed grass coverage, and it can be changed to run BP if I start running into problems again.

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
----
Speaking of Rampardos... yeesh, where do I begin. Rampardos on it's own packs a staggering 471 Attack with an Adamant Nature. This unto itself is enough to utterly annihilate almost anything that steps in the way of it. Though lacking Head Smash and getting the useful stab, I ran into Umbreon a good few times and realized that I really really REALLY needed an Umbreon-Killer so I decided to run Superpower on it - odds are, if it doesn't have the 2x+ Attack from Shedinja, three-hundred something attack is still really damn dangerous.
-- Replaced by Rhyperior - Minimal attack difference, neither are gonna outspeed shit, and it's got less bulk than Rhyperior so it doesn't stay long.

Damian (Rhyperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
----
My designated hitter if a damned Umbreon shows up, Rhyperior is essentially the physical slugger that helps to break down more specially-defensive pokes. Though it's slow as almost anything else, the impressive attack stat is the main upside of this over what Rampardos did, since it's got the same moveset and a much better bulk.
--Replaced by Lucario - Speed makes a big damn difference and honestly, if it comes in on a fairy or poison, it's actually got a chance.

I'll be updating this later with a few replays, a threat list, the other stuff.

Go ahead and post, please. c:

Last edited:
I took note of that, and I'm running some tests on the Rhyperior now, but I'm keeping the Suicune as is for now because I need a good Ice/Water Special Attacker for now.

At the moment this team is quite mediocre, no offense, but it can become pretty solid with some adjustments.

Firstly, replace psyshock with ice beam on pz. psyshock is pointless coverage, and trick can let u cripple special walls like snorlax or blissey (although blissey is only good on full stall) who would otherwise eat your hits up.

Secondly, Darmanitan or Entei would be more optimal than Arcanine. Arcanine is outclassed as an attacker and should only be used as a wall. You can do /analysis Entei and /analysis Darmanitan in a ps chatroom for the sets cause im too lazy to write them. Only use the banded sets though imo.

If you want a swords dance passer, celebi is more optimal as ninjask is terribad. The set would be seed bomb, swords dance, baton pass, and recover or stealth rock. stealth rock is pretty mandatory on all competitive teams, although another change i will suggest could let you run recover to increase your celebis longevity. Also run max special defence and hp with weakness policy as the item as its complete uturn bait and can live stuff like hydreigons dark pulses or alakazam shadow balls and pass the WP boost.

I'm not fond of Flygon at all, although it's fine on this team. But make it Jolly.

Ramparados is a pretty garb mon, I would change it for Mega Aerodactyl. The set would be stone edge roost, possibly rocks if you want recover on celebi, and then either Aqua Tail, Crunch, Aerial Ace, Double-Edge or Earthquake. The spread is max speed max attack and either adamant or jolly depending on how real you are.

As for Suicune, Calm Mind is a must, definitely put it over Protect. cm tailwind cune is also supposedly good. Although modest is better on cune for sure, and it would need 144 speed to outspeed +1 haxorus who is a big threat to your team, put the rest of the EVs in hp.

I made some edits and ran some early tests, and I didn't do horribly. I'm short on time, so the data's gonna have to suffice. Only three were changed, so that's that.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 Atk / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 108 Def / 160 SpA / 112 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Swords Dance
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

Yeaha Like somone said Grass type would be nice I recommend Using a Crocune set because otherwise you lack a good tank and Using evs inAttack in Suicune is pointless, yuou should make her bulkier and with the calm mid set you dish more damge after 1 or 2 calm minds and can tank hits WAY BETTER. Also you are too relying too much in passign a boost to rampardos, he isnt too fast anyywas, look at his abse spped, so you are bette off investign in his HP and Attack. You can run Choice band but Life orb could work .I really like your Arcananine set, you opted for the offensive one and its soo good .One question i ahve is, why run Choce band and Specs and not Scarf in one pokemon?? Id run Scarf in the Porygon Z and Band in the Arcanine set, but im curious of your choices . Good luck!

Alright, I'm actually editing this stuff now.

By the way, GOthee - Cune's got 128 Def and SpD, and 252 SpA, not any attack. And I don't like running scarf because the damage boost from specs on Pory-Z pretty much promises an OHKO on anything that's not Ghost, Steel, or Aggron and even then it gets into 2- and 3HKO Range where scarf is more along the 2HKO Lines which is only useful is half the team's hp is down. He's really just a suicide lead to do as much damage as possible.

Alright, I got a suggestion to use Lucario instead of Rhyperior, and so I'm replacing it with this set because Fairies were a pain.

Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Alright, I got a suggestion to use Lucario instead of Rhyperior, and so I'm replacing it with this set because Fairies were a pain.

Jolly Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
justified > inner focus on lucario always

I don't really like justified, because not many people will use a Dark on something that resists it. Inner Focus helps with anything that would try to flinch it. Mostly Fake Out.

there's like 2 usable users of fake out in uu (ambipom and one i forget), and you can get a free +1 if you switch in on a dark move.
so basically inner focus is useless, unless you are facing a jirachi

Hi Kodi , cool team however , you can still improve your team with some changes :

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

To be honest , Psychock is useful only to down Blissey when she comes in .( depends on Blissey's spread but it can 2HKO with StealthRocks)
From that , i think Trick is more useful than Psychock , you'll have opportunities to use Trick more often than Psychock .
Trick
can save you from bad situations :) ! The coverage of Dark Pulse / Ice Beam / Tri Attack can hit everything so ..

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

It seems like Suicine is your main tank , so i think Rest is better than Protect , just because it makes Suicune live longer , and Suicune can absorb statuts when he has Rest.
CalmMind is preferable on as fourth move ( it makes Suicine a win condition ).

And i do feel like you are a bit Hazards weak so :

Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- FirePunch/Defog

Arcanine likes this ! Defog removes hazards , and makes your switchs easier . In my opinion Hazard control is a very important part in a match .

I hope , this will help you :) .

On the matter of Cune, I forgot to update them, but I already have Cm on it over Protect, and personally I don't like RestCune because if it doesn't wake up, then it's dead weight.

And I considered going Defog on Flygon, but I'm honestly beginning to consider Fire Blast to switch it up and hurt Chestnaught.

On Pory-Z, I'm still unsure of Trick. If I were going for trick more often, I'd have infiltrator Chandy somewhere. cx

On the matter of Cune, I forgot to update them, but I already have Cm on it over Protect, and personally I don't like RestCune because if it doesn't wake up, then it's dead weight.

And I considered going Defog on Flygon, but I'm honestly beginning to consider Fire Blast to switch it up and hurt Chestnaught.

On Pory-Z, I'm still unsure of Trick. If I were going for trick more often, I'd have infiltrator Chandy somewhere. cx
rest always lasts 2 turns, so it will always wake up if you don't get ko'd. Porygon-Z doesn't need psyshock and trick beats more things.

On CM-Cune run:

Suicune @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
-Rest
-Calm Mind

I'm still not a fan of RestCune under any circumstances, really, since it's just got the one round of healing where it'd be much more useful with a constant passive heal.

Whatever you decide for Suicune, do not give the big blue doge a Hasty nature.

I actually like the Offensive Suicune set for your team composition.

Offensive Suicune

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Tailwind in the last slot patches up not only Suicune's mediocre speed, but also partially remedies the relative lack of speed your team suffers from as a whole. Honestly, as weak as it may be, your Flygon would really appreciate a Choice Scarf. However, if you are married to running a Banded Flygon, this Suicune build might help offset the speed you're giving up in the process.

The only difference with that set is Hydro Pump, Aidan. cx

I'll try running Scarfed, but it just doesn't seem to like me much. The speed boost just isn't really appreciated much.

Not just Hydro Pump, but also the nature and EV's. Hasty is quite possibly the worst nature you could run on Suicine as it lowers it's amazing capability to tank physical hits. Another thing too, your EV's are split among defenses without justification and the Defense EV's are essentially wasted by the stat reduction from having a Hasty Nature. Custom EV's are awesome, but only if you can justify the distribution. The set I listed allows Suicune to take hits well while still being able to support and/or sweep depending on your designated win condition.

Agreed on Scald, the only reason I run Hydro is cause it was meant to be a more offensive build. If you want more reliability and a burn chance, opt for Scald over Hydro Pump.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I agree that trick should be used instead of Psyshock; having the opportunity to cripple your opponent is much more worthwhile than hitting poorly with a non-stab attack, especially when adaptability makes many secondary attacking options pretty null. Further, PZ might benefit from a timid nature instead of modest, just cause you're losing many ohkos that you wouldn't normally get, while not sacrificing any notable 2hkos from the majority of SpD walls that have no problem with PZ, while gaining a lot more speed to deal with anything under base 90 (including a bunch of threats that can OHKO PZ like Chandelure).

Furthermore, if you're gonna do 128/128 to Suicune, then just do 252 HP, as this puts you in a better position against seismic toss users, as well as more leftover numbers; however, CM Suicune benefits from at least 242 speed (in order to outspeed uninvested base 100s and Honchkrow). As it stands right now, your team is extremely weak to most Offensive teams, which isn't supported by Arcanine's strange stat distribution: you'll want to focus on EITHER Def or SpD w/ HP investment, but not both.

Will post with teammate suggestions, as you have no defensive core for the majority of high powered threats (such as Mienshao, Hydreigon, and Chandelure)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)