Cinccino @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-turn

Standard Cinccino set. Max attack and speed EVs to help it hit as hard and as quick as it possibly can, skill link to break substitutes and to make the most of it's multi-hit moves. U-turn to switch out on pokemon it can't hit such as steel types or a predicted fighting type attack. Kings rock to flinch opponents giving it another chance to kill the opposing pokemon. Jolly nature for necessary speed. Cinccino has shown from test battling that it is very useful at weakening pokemon for other team members and sweeping if it gets the chance.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 100 SpA / 150 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Max 252 in HP to make it more bulky allowing it to tank hits, works well as a switch in for cinccino. Recover to help it stall. Toxic to chip away walls with scald for STAB and the chance to burn and shadow ball as coverage and STAB. Investment in SpA and SpD to help it hit harder and take even less damage from special attacks. Can also be used to switch into predicted water type attacks due to water absorb.

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Max special attack and special defence to help it tank against fire types, and let it hit harder against defensive pokemon. Giga drain and synthesis for health recovery. Sludge bomb, dazzling gleam for coverage again fairies and dragons.

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost

No item to help boost acrobatics power, 248 in HP to help prevent it from moving into below 50% HP for defeatist, roost also helps it prevent defeatist. Earthquake to counter steel types that can wall Cinccino and threaten Granbull. Taunt to stop subs and set-up pokemon so Archeops has an easier time attacking the opponent. Jolly nature to help it outspeed and make it more likely to sweep.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

248 HP to make it more bulky overall with max attack to make the most out of play rough and earthquake. Play rough as powerful STAB with earthquake as coverage. Thunderwave will allow Granbull to outspeed things and keep it in play for longer as it's fairly slow. Adamant nature will power up it's attacks even more to help get the advantage.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute

Special attack and speed maxed out allowing it to quickly kill with flame thrower and dark pulse, substitute to buy it some time to set up with the nasty plot. Timid nature makes it faster whilst lowering it's unnecessary attack stat, and Houndoominite to boost it further. Can be used as a switch in to protect vileplume from fire type attacks whilst also getting a boost.

I have tried to use this team on showdown with bad results, so I'm looking for improvements or pokemon replacements to help it function better and make it more likely to be successful. Thanks! :)

Isn't this more of a RU/NU team since it doesn't have a single UU mon?
The team really struggles in UU. In what tier do you plan to use it? If you want to use it UU you'll have to change alot.

Last edited:
Isn't this more of a RU/NU team since the team doesn't have a single UU mon?
The team really struggles in UU from what I can see. In what tier do you plan to use the team? If you want to use it UU you'll have to change alot.
Yeah , it's true. I didn't noted that.

It was meant to be RU but seeing as I had the mega houndoom, I put it as UU. I'll probably remove the houndoomite and use it as a RU team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)