General Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone! James here, 24 years old, and in the military. I've been playing pokemon since 1996 with Red. I started browsing through Smogon back in DPPt while scouring google for competitive builds so I could beat friends and coworkers. Ever since then Smogon has been my #1 stop for any info I might want/need when building teams. I have always just been a Guest creeping in the shadows taking what I needed, but I finally decided to make an account and try to get a little more involved in the community. I mainly play around with OU and VGC but I've tried everything. I hope to see everyone around on here!

Hello. I'm CC (ZillyWho on Showdown), and I started out in the XY metagame. I'm not that good with battling yet (I'm better at breeding), but I hope to improve my skills and use all my favorite Pokemon the best way possible. Besides that, I like to create art (here's my deviantart account). I hope I can learn more about competitive battling here :)

Hello. I'm CC (ZillyWho on Showdown), and I started out in the XY metagame. I'm not that good with battling yet (I'm better at breeding), but I hope to improve my skills and use all my favorite Pokemon the best way possible. Besides that, I like to create art (here's my deviantart account). I hope I can learn more about competitive battling here :)
Welcome to Smogon! :D

Your art looks awesome! There's a home for artists on Smogon called Smeargle's Studio, you should probably introduce yourself there, too.
The Wi-Fi boards may give you a platform to trade your bred Pokémon for cooler Pokémon.
I found that reading competitive discussion and team rating threads helped me learn a lot about competitive battling and team building.

In PS itself, the Smogon Hangout and Competitive Tutoring rooms are excellent places to get started.
If you ever need any help with anything, ask people in those rooms or send me (or a qualified tutor :p) a message!

Enjoy yourself :)

Hi everyone, I'm Ed and I'm from the SEA region. I first started playing PokemonShowdown 3 days ago after i stumbled onto the site. Totally love the game, and there are some pretty helpful people around which is really nice.

I would love to make new friends, as I am still new and battling alone kinda sucks. Oh and it's great to join the community man :^)

Heyy, I'm Risa, I've been in the Pokemon game since '98. I've also been around Pokemon forums for 10 or so years. Don't worry, I'm only 22 >w>;... I joined up because I'm God awful at competitive Pokemon and also because I bought the Smogon sweater. Decided it was awkward I have the hoodie, but im not on the forum lmao.

Nice to meetcha!

i wouldn't have expected you to join risa but i like seeing it haha. If you ever want to learn more about competitive battling, you should check out the Battling 101 program or even the Competitive Tutoring room on the server. those are the most reliable means of learning new metagames and the game in general.

welcome, darkravens! :] it's good to have you here, I agree; what kinds of things are you into/what brings you to Smogon?
Pokemon literally made up my childhood and it feels really good to be back again. Also, battles here are fast and challenging. This makes it sooooooooooooo much better~ :pimp:

Hey guys, I'm 15 year old, and you can call me Rob or York, either one works fine. I've been playing Pokemon for about 10 years and the first Pokemon I owned was Pokemon Gold a couple of year after it came out, but I stopped playing handheld when X and Y arrived. I got into playing competitively about 3-4 years ago so I'm not new to the scene. I took a hiatus from competitive Pokemon playing, which was almost a year ago. Anyways, I'm looking to get back into the ORAS meta, to make some new friends, and to become a better battler. Please feel free to message me at any time you feel to talk about anything that piques your interest.

P.S - I like Alternative music.

Last edited:
Hey guys (and gals), I'm Jake, but you should probably just call me Corsica. Been on Showdown/Smogon for a short time, and really wanted to join the community I guess. I'm an okay battler, UU for best tier obviously. I was wondering have to actually get involved.

Hey people i'm Patrick and my ign is Nigsaku, i've been playing pokemon since gen1(I still have my old yellow cartridge), but I have no experience whatsoever when it comes to battles and team building. I recently bought a 2ds, Y and omega ruby to start playing again, I look forward to meeting you all and I'm looking forward to learning lots.

Hi guys! I am a new member of the website, but I have been following Smogon for quite some time now. I am definitely a very skilled competitive battler and am very familiar with the current metagame. My biggest strength in battle is my aptitude for original sets that catch people off guard. That being said, you can find me testing out all kinds of sets over on Showdown. My showdown name is Chronicus for those who want to battle me. I can usually be found in the Lobby. As far as my other interests go, I really like music. Some of my favorite bands are Linkin Park, Deftones, and Seether. I also really like the game series Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys and becoming part of the community!

Hi, my name is Thornzzz or Will. I've been playing Pokemon for around 6 or so years, I can't really remember when but I know my first game was Emerald. I'm 16 and live in the US; Illinois to be exact. I'm a Software Developer that is fluent in these languages: Java, HTML5, Bootstrap, Java Script, Python and C++. I mainly play OU but I do enjoy UU from time to time. I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge of battling and maybe help expand yours!

Whats up everyone, my name is Jon, I've been playing Pokemon since the Red/Blue days (yeah I'm old) and have never thought about taking a step into the competitive scene until it was suggested by a few people on my livestream. Right now I'm pretty much just learning the ropes and getting a feel for how things are and will slowly get out there!

Hi guys, I've been into pokemon since diamond/pearl, my first games, but I never got into battling. I've heard things about it and decided I wanted to get involved so yea here I am. Mostly looking for help on good ideas for starting online battling but I'd love to get involved in other parts of the community cause I'm usually pretty bored

Hello friends!

Things to know about me:
  • I'm 17 years old
  • I was born on July 21st
  • I'm Left-Handed
  • My favorite food is roman salad
If you'd like to know more about me, message or reply to my account! ♥

hello! i'm fabio from italy and i restart playing pokemon this year after a long break and i'm here to learn the new game mechanics and to have a good time =D

What's up! I'm JayDubb, and I'm excited to join the Smogon community! I've been a part of the competitive scene for quite awhile now (since the beginning of gen 5) however I never actually participated in the forums themselves. I'm quite experienced in OU, Monotype, and UU formats, and love to ladder. Greetings to you all, and I hope to see you around the forums!

Hihi~ I'm Kaz, IGN is always Kari, I've been lurking for some time thanks to the Shiny Charm/MM thread, finally decided to participate, anything for the pokemon community :)

I've been playing since i was around 10 (I'm 25 now) first version was Red, fave poke is Charizard, which is why my current goal is a shiny Charmander that I've worked for myself. Currently up to approx 430 eggs and no sign of the little guy yet.

I've never been into breeding or competitive battles but I'm hoping my time here will enhance my playing experience and teach me a lot :>

Thanks ^^

Asukara

これをやろう!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone i'm The Revenant, i have been using Smogon for a long time and i thought of creating an account, i am from singapore, i can use a mentor's help, i have been playing pokemon since 2007 and online since july 2014 ;)

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I am Aman. I was on a hiatus for past few months due to some personal problems. But now that i am back, i want to learn the metas again and have fun. If you want to play or chat just pm me. :0

Hi everybody! I've been a fan of Pokémon since I was a child (I'm 23 now), and I've never stopped playing. Recently, with XY and then with the announcement of ORAS, I started to get more involved in the game, so I tried to play in a competitive way. Ok, I'm not like "I'm happy with my hyper beam charizard", I think I know how to breed and train correctly, but I'm really a newbie to the complex metagame... I don't want to become the next champion of the world or something like that, I'd like to find out new strategies and to get fun with people who share my interests. I'm sorry if my english is bad or strange (I'm from Italy), but I hope to find here on Smogon some friends who could help me and to play with. See you soon!

Asukara

これをやろう!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Welcome dpo391, you can pm any mentor for help.You can find a list of mentors here: www.smogon.com/mentorship/profiles

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey guys, I'm 15 year old, and you can call me Rob or York, either one works fine. I've been playing Pokemon for about 10 years and the first Pokemon I owned was Pokemon Gold a couple of year after it came out, but I stopped playing handheld when X and Y arrived. I got into playing competitively about 3-4 years ago so I'm not new to the scene. I took a hiatus from competitive Pokemon playing, which was almost a year ago. Anyways, I'm looking to get back into the ORAS meta, to make some new friends, and to become a better battler. Please feel free to message me at any time you feel to talk about anything that piques your interest.

P.S - I like Alternative music.
Hello York!
Did you not like XY? D: Well, since you like ORAS, try visiting the "ORAS" room to talk about in-game! Stop by the "Smogon Hangout" room to chat with other members of the community! If you have any questions, PM a mentor here or in the Smogon Hangout room. Have a great time!
Hey guys (and gals), I'm Jake, but you should probably just call me Corsica. Been on Showdown/Smogon for a short time, and really wanted to join the community I guess. I'm an okay battler, UU for best tier obviously. I was wondering have to actually get involved.
Hi Corsica!
Visit the "Smogon Hangout" room in Showdown to get involved with the community! Have you tried out the "UnderUsed" room? You can talk about tactics and other UU content there. If you have any questions, PM a mentor with the link above. Have fun!
Hey people i'm Patrick and my ign is Nigsaku, i've been playing pokemon since gen1(I still have my old yellow cartridge), but I have no experience whatsoever when it comes to battles and team building. I recently bought a 2ds, Y and omega ruby to start playing again, I look forward to meeting you all and I'm looking forward to learning lots.
Welcome Nigsaku!
I'm always impressed when I meet someone who has been playing since RBY. :) Anyways, go here for a guide to the basics of competitive battling and also for some info about the different tiers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hi guys! I am a new member of the website, but I have been following Smogon for quite some time now. I am definitely a very skilled competitive battler and am very familiar with the current metagame. My biggest strength in battle is my aptitude for original sets that catch people off guard. That being said, you can find me testing out all kinds of sets over on Showdown. My showdown name is Chronicus for those who want to battle me. I can usually be found in the Lobby. As far as my other interests go, I really like music. Some of my favorite bands are Linkin Park, Deftones, and Seether. I also really like the game series Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys and becoming part of the community!
Nice to meet you, Articuno God of All!
Seems like you're already settled in! If you need any help, PM a mentor. Come on by the "Smogon Hangout" room to meet some other members of the community, sometime! Otherwise, have fun!
Hi, my name is Thornzzz or Will. I've been playing Pokemon for around 6 or so years, I can't really remember when but I know my first game was Emerald. I'm 16 and live in the US; Illinois to be exact. I'm a Software Developer that is fluent in these languages: Java, HTML5, Bootstrap, Java Script, Python and C++. I mainly play OU but I do enjoy UU from time to time. I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge of battling and maybe help expand yours!
Hello Thornzzz!
My first game was Emerald, too! :D You're a Software Developer? Cool! I think it's an interesting career, but I don't know any of the different languages. Try out the "OverUsed" and/or "UnderUsed" rooms in Showdown to discuss those tiers! Good luck with your competitive battling!
Whats up everyone, my name is Jon, I've been playing Pokemon since the Red/Blue days (yeah I'm old) and have never thought about taking a step into the competitive scene until it was suggested by a few people on my livestream. Right now I'm pretty much just learning the ropes and getting a feel for how things are and will slowly get out there!
Hey there, Hyperkind!
Nice that you've been playing since RBY! If you would like a guide to the basics and the different tiers, go here. Have a great time on Smogon, and I hope to see you in Showdown!
Hi guys, I've been into pokemon since diamond/pearl, my first games, but I never got into battling. I've heard things about it and decided I wanted to get involved so yea here I am. Mostly looking for help on good ideas for starting online battling but I'd love to get involved in other parts of the community cause I'm usually pretty bored
Welcome FuDing!
For a guide to the basics and the different tiers, go here. Otherwise, browse the different forum sections we have to offer, and don't hesitate to ask any questions! :)
hi everyone im luxrayking im new and i would love a mentor and some friends
Hi LuxrayKing!
Welcome to Smogon! For a mentor, go here. For friends, I'm sorry, but we don't have any of those here. (I'm kidding, we're all your friends here! :] ) Anyways, you can also go to the "Smogon Hangout" room to get a mentor quicker. Feel free to ask questions and have a great time!
Hi everyone i'm The Revenant, i have been using Smogon for a long time and i thought of creating an account, i am from singapore, i can use a mentor's help, i have been playing pokemon since 2007 and online since july 2014 ;)
Hi, The Revenant!
Welcome! You can go here and/or to the "Smogon Hangout" room for a mentor. Find one (or two, or three, or four) tier(s) you like and try their respective rooms for a start. If you have any questions or need advice, ask away! Have fun!
Hi everyone! I am Aman. I was on a hiatus for past few months due to some personal problems. But now that i am back, i want to learn the metas again and have fun. If you want to play or chat just pm me. :0
Hello, s_aman!
Nice to meet you! If you would like some help getting around Smogon or Showdown, PM a mentor. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! Have a great time here, and I hope to see you around!

(Wow. I'm not active for two days, and this happens. I feel so valuable! :D )

hi everyone, I'm a long-time lurker, but I'm making the effort to post now. I think I may have registered at one point years earlier, but I was not active enough to be remembered, and those forums have probably been long replaced...

Anyhow, I'm a battle-hardened veteran of the Pokemon world, and I've been playing ever since I went out and bought Pokemon Red with my own allowance back in '98. There's no telling how many double A batteries I sucked up into my original model Game Boy. I've played at least one title in each main series release as they've come out, slowly evolving (sorry) as a trainer along the way. By Gen IV, I was breeding for natures, EV training and making competitive movesets. Gen V finally got me trying halfheartedly to get good IVs. In Gen VI, I've taken the full plunge in and always strive for those 5IV mons. Oh my.

anyways, you can probably figure out I'm a bit of an old fuck (in terms of overall Pokemon fandom, at least; I'm in my mid-20s). I try not to take myself too seriously, and I like to joke around a lot. I also love sports and anime. When it comes to competitive Pokemon, I still have a lot to learn, and that's part of the reason I'm here. I'll probably take your word on it before trying to argue otherwise.

I hope we all have some fun times on here! I look forward to trading and battling with all of you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)