Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Mixed Wall Shuckle on a Sandstream team and I used Encore/Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Rest. However, Rest was useless so i'd do Earthquake or Gyro Ball over it.

I recommend using both Encore and SR.

What are some good Pokemon for a sandstorm team that resist water? I hate having like 3 water weaks and the other 3 are just neutral...

Anyone know how much attack EVs Dusknoir needs to guarantee a OHKO Infernape with EQ? Assuming Dusknoir has a neutral nature with 31 IVs in attack and Infernape has neutral nature 6 HP/0 def? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know how much attack EVs Dusknoir needs to guarantee a OHKO Infernape with EQ? Assuming Dusknoir has a neutral nature with 31 IVs in attack and Infernape has neutral nature 6 HP/0 def? Thanks in advance.
Max EVs won't ever do it. +Atk nature AND max EVs will get the job done under 40% of the time.

That's what I get from MetalKid's calculator, though. Someone back me up on that.

EVs work in strange ways. Some levels, the EVs will go by two- that is because instead of 4 EVs coming out to one stat point, it's more like ~1.1. Starmie's base stat is as such that it cannot have 351 speed.

if i Ev train my good iv'd shroomish to level 50 so he gets spore, will my lvl 100's breloom have lower stats then if i lvl'll him up immediately?

if i Ev train my good iv'd shroomish to level 50 so he gets spore, will my lvl 100's breloom have lower stats then if i lvl'll him up immediately?
Yes, it's the same pokemon.

So I should run both AA and EQ? what's better if for chance, i dont have another sr'er, Stealth Rock or Knock Off on gliscor?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, the maximum SpAtk Spiritomb can attain (with HP Fighting) is 310.

After 2 Nasty Plots, what is Spiritomb's SpAtk: 930 or 1240 (effectively 241)?

Thanks, I don't know how to run the calculations so would a Modest Magnezone with a 30 IV in SATK and the full 252 EV with a petaya boost using HP FIRE BP 70 OHKO a metagross with a 31iv in sdef?

Thunderbolt does slightly more to Metagross than HP Fire.
What are some good Pokemon for a sandstorm team that resist water? I hate having like 3 water weaks and the other 3 are just neutral...

Empoleon works. For special Water attacks, Cradily basically resists them, and Blissey takes roughly nothing as well. For Waterfall, you could use like a Kingdra. Remember that just because you have a "Sandstorm team" doesn't mean you have to have all Pokemon immune to Sandstorm. If you did, only Empoleon and Cacturne would resist Water attacks.
Why is it impossible to have 351 speed Starmie?

Because to get that high, you need a +Speed nature. If you have 319 Speed before your nature, you have 350 Speed after. If you have 320 Speed before your nature, you have 352 after. This is because you can't have a decimal in your Speed, so it just rounds down.
Aggron, Bastiodon, Registeel, Swampert.

Aggron and Bastiodon do not resist Steel because they are part Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)