The Serpent And The Princess [COMPLETE]

Would You Like To See More Pokémon Made Fully Re-Distributable?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted yes. Although a somewhat conditional yes. IMO the inability to RNG legendaries in ORAS is causing a big waste of time in the breeding community. Simply put, I'd rather be working on some projects than SRing legendaries, which I am made to battle. I say this in regards only to legendaries, events etc which via a lack of RNG have become a drain on time. However, imo, if it's breedable then people are just being lazy if they only obtain those pokes from giveaways. Nothing wrong with a give away, but people who don't make an effort to learn the trade don't deserve them.

I voted yes, because I think that this enhances the economy, and without trading, what will you do with those legends, anyway?

Added you, my FC is 4914-4459-0262. I should be on sometime today.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not interested in the giveaway, but I'd like to throw my two cents into this.

I don't think many people voting here actually understand what non-redis means. Non-redis only means that if you are traded a Pokemon, you are only allowed to keep it in your personal collection, and cannot spread it around.

Many posters here (especially new members) have interpreted this as Not For Trade, a different policy that means the user is not giving it away to everyone. You're getting a lot of yes votes simply because the new members who are participating don't understand.

I voted no. I used to be like you, and had all my legends and shinies full-redis. I thought I was helping the community by making my stuff more widely available, but actually I was spitting in the face of other members who worked hard for the stuff they have in their threads, and ruining the trade value of their Pokemon. By doing this giveaway, you're essentially saying "hey, I'm going to make sure no one ever wants to trade with someone who takes the time to soft reset a pokemon like mine."

I get that you think you're being noble by doing this. To many newer members, I'm sure this is a blessing. That's great. But I hope that you don't think that by making everything fully redistributable, you'll make this a better community.

I'm not saying this because I'm sour because I have a Rayquaza similar to yours. I don't really trade here much anymore, so I'm not looking to make a bunch of trades with it. I'm saying this because you're now taking away the incentive for people to do actual work to obtain their Pokemon.

ORAS is my first game since Diamond/Pearl and that's why I voted yes. I want to get back into competitive battling and fully redis. Pokemon help me achieve this. My friend code is: 0963 1901 3825. Thank you for doing this.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder

I don't think many people voting here actually understand what non-redis means. Non-redis only means that if you are traded a Pokemon, you are only allowed to keep it in your personal collection, and cannot spread it around.

Many posters here (especially new members) have interpreted this as Not For Trade, a different policy that means the user is not giving it away to everyone. You're getting a lot of yes votes simply because the new members who are participating don't understand.

I voted no. I used to be like you, and had all my legends and shinies full-redis. I thought I was helping the community by making my stuff more widely available, but actually I was spitting in the face of other members who worked hard for the stuff they have in their threads, and ruining the trade value of their Pokemon. By doing this giveaway, you're essentially saying "hey, I'm going to make sure no one ever wants to trade with someone who takes the time to soft reset a pokemon like mine."

I get that you think you're being noble by doing this. To many newer members, I'm sure this is a blessing. That's great. But I hope that you don't think that by making everything fully redistributable, you'll make this a better community.

I'm not saying this because I'm sour because I have a Rayquaza similar to yours. I don't really trade here much anymore, so I'm not looking to make a bunch of trades with it. I'm saying this because you're now taking away the incentive for people to do actual work to obtain their Pokemon.
+1

That's why I voted No as well, although I never made my Pokémon fully redis.

But, good job on the Pokémon Pokéguy !

I said yes because even with you saying you cant trade this with mentioning me or someone elts is just silly IMO
Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Palkia

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Reposting this on request

My stance on this is a resounding yes

We should really be moving past the era where people keep certain competitive things to themselves and make most use of WiFi's power to make as many resources available as possible. People have told me that they stray away from the likes of Battle Spot and VGC due to the difficulty of breeding and resetting, and thus slowing down the learning process because they don't get to test as many things. This should not be the case - everyone should feel empowered to take on the official ladders and competition in the best form possible to accelerate understanding and the level of competition.

Back when RNGing was discovered and when I brought a glimpse of it to Smogon, I was hesitant to reveal more than just the stuff I got from doing it. The implications were similar to the question posed in this thread - does the mechanic simply curbstomp everyone who worked to reset or breed for their Pokemon? Turns out that didn't even become an issue - with the help of many others who researched deep into the mechanic and into things I have very little understanding of, everybody got their shot at getting their perfect Pokemon, and honestly nobody's really bothered by it (except gamefreak I guess but they did make breeding/resetting so much easier this gen as a result of the increased standards brought upon by RNGing).

So what if certain trade threads are getting stomped by the increase in redistribution? Honestly I don't really care - the #1 goal of Pokemon is to win battles and I want as many resources available to accommodate for it. I don't want to have to look for hours for a perfect thundurus and significantly delay my testing/building process only because this some x guy puts it in his trophy case and demands a bajillion things to get it (version exclusivity sucks). And believe it or not there are some formats that are better played ingame than on sims.

It also just really helps newer players to get into the game.

(There could be long term downsides to this but I'd rather not get into that and it probably wont happen anyways. One potential issue is that if everyone's handing out everything then eventually nobody will have the incentive to do so because they won't really get anything in return. But I'm sure we'll either just get new generations of people or people who are just nice enough. There are so many Pokemon in this game and not everyone will actually have everything).

tl;dr: maximize battling competition and reduce the hurdles to get there.

I am adding everyone now!

I voted yes because I think part of the intended purpose of Pokemon is to encourage trading. The games have been increasingly focused on multiplayer as the generations have gone by, and trading is a big part of that. I also think that at the end of the day, it doesn't really hurt the person who originally bred/caught/RNG'd/traded for the Pokemon if more people get access to it. If anything it's cool that so many other people benefit.

I have added you! I am especially interested in the Diancie. Just PM me when you're ready to trade!
Adding you now.
I voted no because I believe Pokemon should be made more unique to the user who bred/caught the Pokemon. It gives them a place in history and a sense of belonging to the original user.

Hopefully I still made it in time!
Fair enough, adding you.
I think that more legendary pokemon should be full-redis instead of sitting on people's banks. As for normal breeding projects I don't think that it's hard to find the parents but when it comes to legendaries things are different.I believe that most of the legendary should be traded freely because that way everyone can see how much efford someone spent for something worth.Also I know that some people spent a lot of time SRing some pokemon ( Tatertot spent a week and half for his Rayquaza ) but I think that giving legendary pokemon for nothing not only makes the inexperienced trainers (like me) happy but also makes them want to try that themselves. (in my last sentence I don't encourage people to start giving away their legends but I'm just saying that what Pokéguy is doing is awesome)
Thanks, adding you.
I'm probably gonna be the odd one out here but I voted no. I personally believe that some pokemon should be rare and hard to find. One of the reasons why I love playing pokemon is because it's a challenge. For some people it's simply catching every single pokemon. For others it's collecting as many events that they can. For some it's shinies. Whereas others are more about getting high win streaks in the battle maison and RIP the Battle Frontier (please come back as a patch). Take away the challenge and pokemon becomes dare I say, boring. Though it is nice to have some free pokes, especially if it's one of the last ones you need or whatever. However if everyone did it then they would have no value at all. Adding you now.
I can respect that, adding you too.
hey, i voted on your poll no because I think that often encourages crap involving modifying pokemon/dubious legitimacy things that happe naftewards

I've added you and have a copy of omega ruby :O
Adding you.
I voted yes because I just love having random pokemon from all over the world, its also fun to trade to others. Im sorry my thing was short but I dont have a lot of writing skill. My fc is 0705 2005 0237. So yeah.
Adding you.
If I could I would vote both yes and no (voted no in this case), some pkm I would like to give to anyone if I could, but some are precious to me and I would like to keep it to myself. Personally I don't have much opinion on this matter though. That aside, I would love to have these pokes, my FC is 4656 8542 7010.

Thanks in advance.
Adding you.
I voted yes but I believe it is a far more complicated question than a simple yes/no. I believe that working together it is possible to have more battle ready pokemon which ultimately is what I'd like to have since I really enjoy battles but not so much all the hatching/soft resetting process. On the other end if everybody has all the same pokemon with the same stats then that pokemon "loses value", meaning that all the effort put in breeding/soft resetting is not so unique anymore. Ultimately I love battles so for me is a yes.

For the giveaway, I will hopefully receive AS on Chrismas day. Do you think I can reserve the two pokemon until then? I added your FC anyway..
I'm sorry, I'll be leaving for Christmas. This giveaway is making a few people angry, so I'm just trading the first 40 people that come online and get one. When stock runs out, I probably wont be doing this again for a while.
i vote yes because i always find game freak a good company and every year tries to improve their games, in facts when they announce ORAS i was excited because the original games was my favorite of the series and now after complete the game i can say it's a very good remake! the only thing i can say now is that i dream for a remake or new game with johto starters mega.
Adding you.

Voted yes. Although a somewhat conditional yes. IMO the inability to RNG legendaries in ORAS is causing a big waste of time in the breeding community. Simply put, I'd rather be working on some projects than SRing legendaries, which I am made to battle. I say this in regards only to legendaries, events etc which via a lack of RNG have become a drain on time. However, imo, if it's breedable then people are just being lazy if they only obtain those pokes from giveaways. Nothing wrong with a give away, but people who don't make an effort to learn the trade don't deserve them.
Adding you.
I voted yes, because I think that this enhances the economy, and without trading, what will you do with those legends, anyway?

Added you, my FC is 4914-4459-0262. I should be on sometime today.
Adding you.

A very convincing argument, but I really never meant to spit in the faces of other users. I just wanted to share my Pokémon with everyone, so they can diversify a saturated market with new innovative resets, instead of having everyone reset the first legend they see (Rayquaza). Also, I usually miss events and re-distributables have been there to fill a lot of gaps in my collection, so I thought Smogon could use a good Re-distributable Diancie. Mega Diancie is a whole new Pokémon and it's kind of my Christmas gift to Smogon. Really didn't think it would anger so many people. Sorry.
ORAS is my first game since Diamond/Pearl and that's why I voted yes. I want to get back into competitive battling and fully redis. Pokemon help me achieve this. My friend code is: 0963 1901 3825. Thank you for doing this.
Adding you.
+1

That's why I voted No as well, although I never made my Pokémon fully redis.

But, good job on the Pokémon Pokéguy !
Thanks Buckert, hope you're enjoying Diancie. You can have a Rayquaza too if you want.
I said yes because even with you saying you cant trade this with mentioning me or someone elts is just silly IMO
Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Palkia
Adding you.. but wait, what did you just say?
Reposting this on request

My stance on this is a resounding yes

We should really be moving past the era where people keep certain competitive things to themselves and make most use of WiFi's power to make as many resources available as possible. People have told me that they stray away from the likes of Battle Spot and VGC due to the difficulty of breeding and resetting, and thus slowing down the learning process because they don't get to test as many things. This should not be the case - everyone should feel empowered to take on the official ladders and competition in the best form possible to accelerate understanding and the level of competition.

Back when RNGing was discovered and when I brought a glimpse of it to Smogon, I was hesitant to reveal more than just the stuff I got from doing it. The implications were similar to the question posed in this thread - does the mechanic simply curbstomp everyone who worked to reset or breed for their Pokemon? Turns out that didn't even become an issue - with the help of many others who researched deep into the mechanic and into things I have very little understanding of, everybody got their shot at getting their perfect Pokemon, and honestly nobody's really bothered by it (except gamefreak I guess but they did make breeding/resetting so much easier this gen as a result of the increased standards brought upon by RNGing).

So what if certain trade threads are getting stomped by the increase in redistribution? Honestly I don't really care - the #1 goal of Pokemon is to win battles and I want as many resources available to accommodate for it. I don't want to have to look for hours for a perfect thundurus and significantly delay my testing/building process only because this some x guy puts it in his trophy case and demands a bajillion things to get it (version exclusivity sucks). And believe it or not there are some formats that are better played ingame than on sims.

It also just really helps newer players to get into the game.

(There could be long term downsides to this but I'd rather not get into that and it probably wont happen anyways. One potential issue is that if everyone's handing out everything then eventually nobody will have the incentive to do so because they won't really get anything in return. But I'm sure we'll either just get new generations of people or people who are just nice enough. There are so many Pokemon in this game and not everyone will actually have everything).

tl;dr: maximize battling competition and reduce the hurdles to get there.
Nice. Adding you too.

I am adding everyone now!

Adding you now.

Fair enough, adding you.

Thanks, adding you.

I can respect that, adding you too.

Adding you.

Adding you.

Adding you.

I'm sorry, I'll be leaving for Christmas. This giveaway is making a few people angry, so I'm just trading the first 40 people that come online and get one. When stock runs out, I probably wont be doing this again for a while.

Adding you.

Adding you.

Adding you.

A very convincing argument, but I really never meant to spit in the faces of other users. I just wanted to share my Pokémon with everyone, so they can diversify a saturated market with new innovative resets, instead of having everyone reset the first legend they see (Rayquaza). Also, I usually miss events and re-distributables have been there to fill a lot of gaps in my collection, so I thought Smogon could use a good Re-distributable Diancie. Mega Diancie is a whole new Pokémon and it's kind of my Christmas gift to Smogon. Really didn't think it would anger so many people. Sorry.

Adding you.

Thanks Buckert, hope you're enjoying Diancie. You can have a Rayquaza too if you want.

Adding you.. but wait, what did you just say?

Nice. Adding you too.
Seems as though you missed me, good sir?

If I made the cut off, I am on line now and able to trade. Thanks again for these....from the vote it looks like the community appreciates your efforts.

I also wasn't among the list of replies, but my FC was added. I'll be online for the next hour or so, but it seems you just went offline. err nevermind

I hope I'm not too late! My FC is 1134 9582 4800.

I voted yes because I'd really prefer to share nice things with everyone. In-game breeding is easier now than it's ever been, and there isn't much need for a selfish mentality. I'm stoked about Diancie because I missed the event but saw her in the 17th movie and fell in love with her. This is a great giveaway.
Sorry I missed your post, that was the biggest multi-quote in a long time.
I voted no, because I don't really care about the re-trade of other peoples' things. Like .com said, I like the act of getting the Pokemon. Because I don't even list things with other peoples' OT/IDs in my thread, I couldn't care less if what I receive in trades is redis or not. I get things from people for personal use, and I don't play Ubers, so SRed legends mean nothing to me if I can't play with them.

My FC is in my sig, I've added you already.
Sorry I missed your post; that was the biggest multi-quote in a long time.
Seems as though you missed me, good sir?
Double checked and I have you added, just must have missed the post; I read all of them, but multi-quoting more than one page is nuts; lol.
If I made the cut off, I am on line now and able to trade. Thanks again for these....from the vote it looks like the community appreciates your efforts.
Online now. Invite when ready.
I am also online :)
You want me to start a trade or just let you?
Invite when ready.
I also wasn't among the list of replies, but my FC was added. I'll be online for the next hour or so, but it seems you just went offline. err nevermind
Just went offline to make sure I had everyone's codes, but I do, so just invite when ready. There are only 40 of these in total, so you all are actually racing each other to them. I probably should have mentioned that earlier. Hehe.

Im online rn so hit me up whenever
Enjoy your prizes. Nice essay. :P

Yeah, I'm probably late on this (probably have missed any kind of cut-off) but 5129-1372-8989. Currently on Omega Ruby.

Voted yes on the poll purely because it gets very frustrating when you've joined the party late and miss out on Pokémon just because you weren't in the exact place at the right time to be there. Really irritating.

Last edited:
Apologies for being a bugger, but my invites either seem not to go through or the ones that do end up disconnected. I'm wondering if this is a problem on my end or I'm doing something incorrectly.

Thanks a bunch, mate! :)
You're welcome.
Got em! Thanks a TON.
You're welcome.
Yeah, I'm probably late on this (probably have missed any kind of cut-off) but 5129-1372-8989. Currently on Omega Ruby.

Voted yes on the poll purely because it gets very frustrating when you've joined the party late and miss out on Pokémon just because you weren't in the exact place at the right time to be there. Really irritating.
Like I said it's first come first serve, those who follow all the rules and come online get served first, while those who delay might miss out all together. I'll add you now. ;)
Nice catches/soft-resets, not interested in the giveaway, but I'll explain the simple reason as to why I voted no: The idea behind making things Fully-Redistributable violates a basic aspect of distributive business -> "Never let others sell your own supply, or you'll lose out on making dough."

However, with that said, to each their own.
Fair enough sir, I'd like to apologize if you miss out on some dough because of this giveaway. Let me know if there's anything I can ever get you old friend.
Thankyou kindly, this is very generous of you :)
Have a Merry Christmas :)
You're welcome.
Apologies for being a bugger, but my invites either seem not to go through or the ones that do end up disconnected. I'm wondering if this is a problem on my end or I'm doing something incorrectly.
You must be Princess. Sorry, if you read the rules of the giveaway, you must have omega ruby or alpha sapphire to participate in the giveaway. Rayquaza knows Dragon Ascent and it's PP Maxed, and I don't want copies floating around with out it. Also, this helps sponsor Nintendo. I bet a video game store near you isn't closed yet, you could probably get a copy and come back.

EEEEEEKKKK! Thank you!!

However, I sorely regret not being able to trade from Y, which is my main file. I entered panic mode just now and rushed to catch some junk, but I was actually planning to give you some 6IV critters I didn't need. I know you're busy, but if you're interested in that at all, I'm more than willing to hop back onto Y so you can return my useless things.

Happy holidays, and massive, massive apologies for all of my silliness today. ♥

You absolute legend. Merry Christmas to you sir!
Merry Christmas.
EEEEEEKKKK! Thank you!!

However, I sorely regret not being able to trade from Y, which is my main file. I entered panic mode just now and rushed to catch some junk, but I was actually planning to give you some 6IV critters I didn't need. I know you're busy, but if you're interested in that at all, I'm more than willing to hop back onto Y so you can return my useless things.

Happy holidays, and massive, massive apologies for all of my silliness today. ♥
No worries, I have everything I need to enjoy this game. Enjoy the legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)