ORAS OU Bad Team Please Help (somehow peaked top 100 elo 1713)

First of all, I feel like an ass posting the ladder peak, but last time I posted an RMT I didn't and everyone ignored it so if this will get some views and advice then I'm all for selling my soul to the devil. This team is actually not the best but yolo. It somehow got top100 (my testing alt is shelly sterling but I never actually stopped using it so here i am?) so uhhh heil me? You can decide.

So basically I made this team to get used to ORAS. You'll find a ton of common weaknesses and I'm feeling too lazy to come up w/ innovative solutions myself so that's why I'm posting. I would just build a totally new team but there are some mons I like on here so yeah let's get it everyone. Uhhh to save some time weaks include talon, greninja, msceptile, mmetagross, mpinsir, landorus-i, keld a bit, charizard-x or y, etc. plz fix. idk Maybe I have the wrong impression but it seemed like the xy ladder was a lil bit better than oras, this team isn't awful but has no business ranking top100 lol. often beat teams w/ superior matchups, even if i dont play well. idgi, but oh well.

No pictures because drunk atm and not gonna bother finding them sorry :( will probably touch up tomorrow maybe.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef- SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- U-turn

So I'm running Jirachi for Mega Gardevoir and Lati@s, plus SR is obviously clutch for any team that isn't ass. Lots of utility all-around: flinch, uturn, paralysis, the whole package. Kinda easy to wear down and I find that I sack it a lot. Often my sacrifice vs. Greninja who I'm terribly weak to so LandoT can Uturn out of that broken shit. But yeah Jirachi isn't too bad, even tho it's total Heatran bait Uturn is a thing so I can't complain. Very self-explanatory. Basically my CM mega sableye "counter" (lol) via flinchhax cause I don't have shit for that tbh.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Yeah MSableye is a beast, on lower ladder I was amused at its powers of sweeping w/o Mega evolving but yeah obviously a really solid mon. I run Shadow Ball over Dark Pulse cause it hits Fighting-types harder and Chansey is np for this team anyway, oh and MGard who can suck it even tho Jirachi does solid work vs it. Anyway this is the first mon who spreads burn, while I firmly believe this team has a shitton of weaks and isn't the best burn can bail me out vs. many mons. So yeah Sableye is a great wincon vs/ a ton of stuff, can bail you out vs. numerous playstyles even though its bulk can disappoint at times and crits can ruin this guy. One of my primary answers to stall though Prankster WoW is great vs mons that mutilate me like mMetagross and prolly some other stuff that idek about. In all seriousness really great mon, thank you based oras.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Yeah so I'm prolly wrong and should wait till in right mind but I think Specs Keld is a little past its prime, plus being choice locked sucks on anything, so why not run submind? Great way to set up on mSableye and also just a general baller that can beat certain Keld checks like Mew I guess? But yeah I like this guy because he can really punish opponents for giving free turns and Sub can shield from Talon RKs or whoever else might be faster. Leftovers is big from longevity so in many matchups I play Keld very conservatively and let RotomW die because meh rotomw is ugly. Scald is broken af btw, can murder stall if it starts burning unaware Clef or even Chesnaught/Amoonguss/MVenu (do people still use this???) so yeah. Anyway I really like this mon and would prefer to keep tho i won't be one of those assholes who insists on keeping something, just make the team better do what you gotta do. but yeah do not underestimate this guy's a boss.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Yeah soooo idk what this set is even doing but like Sableye and Keld this guy spreads burns. Man burn is a great status condition. I like him cause he is a nice backup MGard check (no one uses Psyshock on the switch let's be real) and its STABs are actually p legit. Has some Heatran problems but he's very exploitable via double switch to Keld and beyond that it's actually kinda tough to stop without taking a blow or two, whether it's burn or poison or ShadowBall sdef drop. I love Gar's def typing too, can really take advantage of Scarf LandoT or various other mons like Gliscor or any Fairy except maybe Diancie or something. Beast mon, and I like it, Keld, and Sableye together even if the defensive synergy is a little shit. Very easy to abuse free turns w/ this guy and spread status, wear down the opponent. I've enjoyed using him.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Glue Pokemon, relied on far too much, kinda bad tbh cause it gets worn down so damn easily, but Volt Switch and WoW are both clutch (yeah i like burn blow me) but yeah only Birdspam coverage of any kind, I have no idea how I beat that in the hands of a competent player lol. Might go ChestoRest but meh. I tend to take Lava Plumes with this guy cause I don't wanna put KeldDEITY on a timer w/ a burn. Pretty standard here though I wish I had balls and used something a lil more dynamic buy yolo. Usually a one-time check to the mons I mentioned being weak to above.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Yeah this guy forms a voltturn "core" (not my core these were the last two mons i added but w/e yolo) w/ rotomw. Prevents complete mutilation at the hands of ZardX tho I'm super weak to it and ZardY too actually, nothing is switching into that lol. So when I sack Jirachi to Greninja I Uturn out of it (Dark Gren being weak to uturn and all...) to regain some control. I can't believe how many Gren teams I've beaten when I barely even have a check let alone a counter, like I said idk what happened to the ladder but cmon man. Anyway knock Off is legit too so long as I'm not giving the mega free turns. Quake hits hard, landT doesn't mess around. necessary or i'm even more weak to stuff than i already am.

so i've been shitting on my own team a lot and it deserves it but truth be told MSableye and SubCM Keld are really legit and can take momentum in a match so that weaks don't matter as much. I like those mons so if anyone wants to fix teams by killing the other four idc, though even those two are up for replacement since yeah I'm not an ass, though plz keep if possible.

i mentioned the weaks before the main way the team operates is voltturning my setup mons in and most teams struggle w/ a least one of them. hope my opponent misplays, etc. if you don't hate america please make this a little bit better thanks!

Also sorry if this is obnoxious (self-conscious drunk what can I say) so I promise I'll make it better tomorrow. Thanks for reading and considering giving advice I'm only like 100 games into ORAS so this shit still doesn't make any sense to me :/

The Gengar set is that middle between offense and defense that isn't a tank and doesn't work. Either go with the SubDisable set or a full offense set (or even 3 attacks + taunt).

And you don't look that weak to ZardX and T-Flame TBH, you can get Zard before it sets up and only stallbreaker T-Flame can harm Lando much (WoW).

The Gengar set is that middle between offense and defense that isn't a tank and doesn't work. Either go with the SubDisable set or a full offense set (or even 3 attacks + taunt).

And you don't look that weak to ZardX and T-Flame TBH, you can get Zard before it sets up and only stallbreaker T-Flame can harm Lando much (WoW).

He is weak to zard X.
It sets up on 3 pokemons (4, if it hasn't mega evolved yet and lando is stuck on EQ), and completely destroys it once it's at +1. Only lando checks it, but flare Blitz 67 - 79.3%. And that's with no attack investment at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)