AbNormal {Community Project} [Voting Phase]

Thanks for the feedback! Votes are in!
Lickilicky
Ghost/Rock +Shadow Claw, +Shadow Sneak (By Ghoul King )
Dunsparce Bug/Ground +Bug Bite, +U-Turn (By Ghoul King )
Purugly
Dark/Fairy +Crunch, +Bulk Up (By the someone, Throbulator36 and Ghoul King )
Cinccino Grass/Fairy +Cotton Guard, +Play Rough (By the someone )

Facade Fighting (By Throbulator36 and Ghoul King )
Explosion Fire (By Throbulator36 and Ghoul King )
Self Destruct Fire (By Throbulator36 and Ghoul King )
Tail Slap Same type as Cinccino (By Throbulator36 , Ghoul King , and zerobreaker000 )

Baton Pass Psychic (By Ghoul King )
Whirlwind Flying (By Throbulator36 , Ghoul King , and zerobreaker000 )
Please read the bottom of this post as to why Camouflage is not listed.

Thanks to all that submitted!
And now...

Pokemon

Furfrou
Stoutland
Persian
Eevee

Damaging moves

Wring Out
Spike Cannon
Rapid Spin

Status moves

Metronome
Conversion/Conversion 2
Sharpen

Get submitting!

Thanks for the feedback on certain discussion points, here are some new discussion points:
  • What type should Tail Slap be? Grass type or Fairy type, and why?
  • We have a tie in the votes for Camouflage! Which submission do you prefer and why?
  • Bug (By zerobreaker000 ) <Justification: Bugs tend to use camouflage>
  • Ghost (By MegaGallade ) <Justification: Ghosts can 'camouflage' into any surrounding, also rare opportunity to retype to Ghost>
Thanks for reading!

Note: About Camouflage's effect, I will devise a poll sooner or later, which decides it, for convenience.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Furfrou
Fairy +Play Rough
There's not much info about this one. It is designated to be the guardian of the king, so it's kind of a mystic and royal Pokemon. It also learns a few Fairy type moves already. Dragon would fit better flavor wise, but it's a dog.
Stoutland
Ground +Earthquake, +Sandstorm
It has Sand Rush as an ability.
Persian
Rock/Dark
Almost all of its entries mention the gem on its head, and it learns Power Gem. It is also said to be haughty, and learns quite a lot of Dark type moves, while also being an Evil Team Boss's main Pokemon in one game.
Eevee
Psychic
Many of its entries mention DNA, which is closely related to Deoxys and Mew in the Pokemon games.
Wring Out
Poison
Many Poison type Pokemon learn this move, and the battle animation is purple.
Spike Cannon
Ground
Spikes is Ground type.
Rapid Spin
Ground
The user spins on the ground, and entry hazards are also on the ground. Also makes spinblocking possible with Flying types and levitators.
Conversion/Conversion 2
Electric
It is Porygon's signature move, and the only type the Porygons share is Electric.
Sharpen
Steel
Pretty self explanatory.

Tail Slap should be Fairy type, because it's cute (I guess?), and Cincinno already has Bullet Seed.
I prefer Ghost type Camouflage because Bugs aren't always camouflaged and aren't the only animals to do that, while most variants of ghosts are(/can be) invisible.
Tailwind is officially a Flying type move by the way.

Hey the only submission I wasn't the winner/one of several people who won (Other than Camouflage but whatever) was the only one I was 100% OK with not winning on! Cool.

What type should Tail Slap be? Grass type or Fairy type, and why?
Fairy type, because how in the heck does Grass make sense and why should there be Bullet Seed and Bad Bullet Seed: The Exclusive Edition.

We have a tie in the votes for Camouflage! Which submission do you prefer and why?
Ghost, because active camouflage is more plausible from a Ghost than a Bug to me. (I've never heard of a real-life arthropod changing their colors, and as far as I understand things it would be pretty close to impossible for them to do so because, by definition, they have a hard shell that cannot be readily altered)

Furfrou
Fairy type
+Play Rough, Moonlight

Why: Because Fairy is the closest thing to a "fashion type" I can name (We have a Fairy Pokemon based on perfume, an array of "cute companion Pokemon" such as Sylveon, and Slurpuff and Florges are both based on things humans present to people for special occasions) and Furfrou's big thing -other than its gameplay aspect of Wallitude- is the ability to give it various different hair cuts that are 100% aesthetic. Also a Physical Fairy wall is not something that currently exists, if I recall correctly.

Stoutland
Fairy/Ground type (Prior stages are pure Fairy)
+Earthquake, Sandstorm (Oddly enough, it can't learn it!)

Why: A recurring aspect of Stoutland's various names is references to land/earth, it's already a Sand Pokemon (even if I'd rather retain its unusual quirk of being one that isn't actually any of Ground/Rock/Steel), and as far as its Fairy typing a big part of what gets emphasized about the entire evolutionary line is that they are loyal, have wonderfully comfortable fur, and make good companions. As with Furfrou and "fashion type", the Fairy type is the closest to a Friendship Type.

Persian
Dark type
+Nothing (What am I supposed to give it, Topsy-Turvy?? It already knows almost all the Dark moves that make any kind of sense to give it!)

Why: Meowth's Pokedex entries tell us two things about it -it loves shiny objects, and it's nocturnal. Persian's Pokedex entries tell us a little more, but the majority of it is variations on describing it as vicious. Not only that, but its level-up movepool includes 10 error: type missing moves -and 8 Dark ones! In fact, only two of its level-up moves are of any other typing. While I would love to give it a secondary typing the only thing I could argue is Rock type for the gem in its forehead and its access to Power Gem -and that's very much a stretch. (Also it makes it compete with Tyranitar, which is just a bad place to be)

Eevee
Fairy type
+Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam

Why: Because everything else is less plausible. I'd love to say Dragon for its elemental mastery/neutrality or something, but... no.

Wring Out
Grass type

Why: There's no real "tentacle" type, but there is a "vine" type, and it's Grass.

Spike Cannon
Steel type

Why: Because my impulse is to say Rock, but Rock Blast already exists, while Ground typing because Spikes is Ground doesn't make any sense -Spike Cannon is launching projectiles while Spikes is laying hazards on the ground- and Bug would work except Pin Missile already exists and Ice could work except Icicle Spear already exists, which leaves me with Steel as making any real sense.

Rapid Spin
Fighting type

Why: Mostly to keep spinblocking unchanged, but it's honestly hard to connect it to a type anyway -"Secret technique: Art of the Top!" is better than most lines of reasoning I could provide for other types.

Tailwind
Dude, it's Flying type already. This isn't anything to submit for.

Conversion/Conversion2
Electric type

Why: Because they're Porygon's signature moves and Electric is the common ground for the line in this meta. It also makes flavor-sense to me for reasons I don't quite know how to articulate.

Sharpen
Steel type

Why: Strictly speaking Sharpen is "reducing Porygon's polygon count", which would better justify Electric or Psychic typing, but sharpening swords has always been what came to mind for me, by which logic it's Steel, Rock, or Ice, the end.

Almost all of its entries mention the gem on its head
It's like one entry, not "almost all". "Almost all" its entries emphasize its unpleasant nature.

Sorry about the error with Tailwind guys, I was rushing because of the fact we are back one day because of my computer being broken.
Instead of Tailwind, the first status move to retype this week will be Metronome!
I had to think of a random status move, normally I work out which Pokemon/Moves to do the day before the voting phase, so what's more random than Metronome?
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Anyway, some submissions;

Persian
Dark/Fairy
+Sucker Punch
"Behind its lithe, elegant appearance lies a barbaric side. It will tear apart its prey on a mere whim." -Crystal
It's elegance is very remiscent of fairy types, in contrast to its description of it's barbaric and predator-esque side, which could be Fighting, but Dark fits better. Also gets STAB Technician Bite. It gets also STABs from both Return and Frustration, scarily, but 70 Attack still isn't much.

Furfrou
Grass
+Seed Bomb, +Aromatherapy
There's not much to base Furfrou on. The one Route it is found on has many flowers, and a common moveset move- Cotton Guard- is grass type.

Wring Out
Dark
The definition of 'Wring' is 'to squeeze and twist (something) to force liquid from it.'
Eww. Sounds very macabre, and thus dark fits it well.

Spike Cannon
Water
The only Pokemon that can learn this move are Water type, and gives optional STAB for Skill Link Cloyster.

Conversion /Conversion2
Psychic
Both are similar to 'Reflect Type', a Psychic type move and Porygon/Porygon 2 are both part Psychic type.

Sharpen
Ice
The majority of Pokemon that can learn Sharpen are Ice type. It also can be referred to sharpening of crystals, and crystals are often associated with Ice.

Metronome
Psychic
It's slightly 'mystical' and 'magical' for a waggling of a finger to conjur up some random move. The closest type to magic is Psychic.

Fairy
Most Pokemon that can learn this are Fairy type, and it is the second 'mystical' type after Psychic. (I was ninja'd by Ghoul King, so I changed the submission.)

Last Edit: Stoutland
Ground/Ice (and pre-evos pure Ground)
+Icicle Crash, +Earthquake, +Ice Shard
'It rescues people stranded by blizzards in the mountains. Its shaggy fur shields it from the cold.' -BW Dex Entry
Obviously being partially based on St.Bernard dogs, it can also be found in Cold Storage in BW. Nothing much else that hasn't already been suggested fits.

Last edited:
Furfrou
Fairy + Play Rough
Fairy is the only type i could think of fur furfrou
Stoutland
Ground + Earthquake
The reason i pick this is because of it ability sand rush and nothing really else for to use for it.
Perisan
Dark N/A
the reason i pick is because it know most of the dark moves.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
It's like one entry, not "almost all". "Almost all" its entries emphasize its unpleasant nature.
Yellow, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 mention the gem on its head. "Almost all" might have been exaggerated, but almost one third of them do. Interestingly enough, almost one third of them don't mention its nature, and most entries that mention its gem also mention its haughty nature.

Furfrou
Fairy/Fighting
+Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Play Rough

Based on it's 2 dex entries according to serebii (According to Serebii its X and OR are same and its Y and AS entries are same) Furfrou was once considered a guardian of kings, and Trimming its fluffy fur makes it more elegant
Because it was a guardian, I added Fighting type (because Guardians guard the King by fighting) and added Quick Guard and Wide Guard. As elegance relates to the Fairy type, I added Fairy and Play Rough because of that and the guardian thing as guardians will play rough with their enemies.

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.

Fairy <+Play Rough, +Moonlight> (the someone/Ghoul King) Note: If either the someone or Ghoul King do not want their submission fused with the other, please notify me.
Grass <+Seed Bomb, +Aromatherapy> (MegaGallade)
Fairy/Fighting <+Quick Guard, +Wide Guard, +Play Rough> (Amitghosh)

Ground <+Earthquake, +Sandstorm> (the someone)
Fairy/Ground <+Earthquake, +Sandstorm> (Ghoul King) Note: If this submission wins, Herdier and Lillipup with be Fairy type by default.
Ground/Ice <+Icicle Crash, +Earthquake, +Ice Shard> (MegaGallade) Note: If this submission wins, Herdier and Lillipup will be Ground type by default.

Rock/Dark <No new moves> (the someone)
Dark <No new moves> (Ghoul King)
Dark/Fairy <+Sucker Punch> (MegaGallade)

Psychic <No new moves> (the someone)
Fairy <+Play Rough, +Dazzling Gleam> (Ghoul King)

Poison (the someone)
Grass (Ghoul King)
Dark (MegaGallade)

Ground (the someone)
Steel (Ghoul King)
Water (MegaGallade)

Ground (the someone)
Fighting (Ghoul King)

Electric (the someone/Ghoul King) Note: If either the someone or Ghoul King do not want their submission fused with the other, please notify me.
Psychic (MegaGallade)

Steel (the someone/Ghoul King)
Ice (MegaGallade)

Psychic (Ghoul King)
Fairy (MegaGallade)

Note: Camouflage is now Ghost type while Tail Slap is Fairy type.

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's retypes?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Fighting type Facade, Fire type SelfDestruct/Explosion, Flying type Whirlwind, Psychic type Baton Pass and Ghost type Camouflage?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.
Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Last edited:
Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
Lickilicky is a unique type combination with some potential niches. Gaining priority also helps make up for its lack of Speed, and gives it more use with Belly Drum. It's conceivable it might see use as a sort of alternate poor man's Azumarill. (It's offense isn't anywhere near as good, but Shadow Sneak is only walled by one type, where Water is walled by Water, Dragon, Grass, and anything with an Ability granting immunity, of which no such thing exists for Ghost) It also is somewhat unpredictable, since it can run Special almost as competently as Physical, and has STAB Shadow Ball. (Though not Power Gem, which is a problem) I'm not confident it will prove to be viable, but I suspect people will at least give it a shot rather than ignoring it. And Explosion being Fire type is actually a good compliment to STAB Rock offense, since no one type walls both of them. Out comes a Steel type? Screw switching, EXPLODE!

Dunsparce's main problem is that it's stats and Abilities are nothing special. On the other hand, I've already seen people use it with Body Slam+Flinch moves running Serene Grace, and now it has an actually useful (Not amazing, but useful) typing. Probably it's biggest flaw is that Flying types hard-wall both its STABs. Slow U-Turn has some benefits, too, so it might see use for that.

Purugly has a vicious type combination -Fairy is the only type Dark is ineffective against that Fairy isn't super effective against- backed by 112 Speed (Outrun Garchomp, Play Rough it for heavy damage) and acceptable offense. Ursaring shares this type combination with it and has much greater offense, particularly considering it has Guts, but it's also agonizingly slow, so they shouldn't compete too much with each other. Particularly worth noting is that Purugly is completely immune to the Lati's STABs and has access to Bulk Up -a Lati set that's something like Psyshock/Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse/Calm Mind/Roost is completely helpless against Purugly, and the turn they spend switching is a turn Purugly can spend setting up. And of course Purugly has Defiant to laugh in the face of Intimidators! Since it has STAB Sucker Punch, it can even switch in on a Sticky Web and go to town. It's still got flaws, but actually working it out, I'm realizing it might be quite good -UU material or even OU material, rather than it's current PU. Wasn't expecting that when I started writing this.

Cinccino is going to struggle from the fact that Poison and Steel types alike hard-wall it, and it has literally nothing (Unless you count Dig) to hit either of them super effectively. About the best it can do is Knock Off, really. It's still fast, and now its Skill Link STAB is actually good, and in fact it has two of them, but it's actually easier to wall than unaltered Cinccino, which is only overly bothered by Steel types. (Knock Off for those pesky Ghosts, after all) I'm not sure how good it will actually be.

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Fighting type Facade, Fire type SelfDestruct/Explosion, Flying type Whirlwind, Psychic type Baton Pass and Ghost type Camouflage?
Facade is now the offense of choice if all you want is pure power for Guts Conkeldurr, Flareon, Hariyama, Heracross, Luxray, Machamp, Raticate, Swellow, Throh, and Ursaring, particularly Conkeldurr, Machamp, Heracross, and Ursaring. (Possibly Raticate, depending on how it gets re-typed) Guts Flareon is actually slightly less of a cruel joke -Fire/Fighting coverage is actually very good- and Guts Swellow laughs forever at Staraptor and its silly idea that it has good Fighting coverage for its Flying offense. It's also largely an upgrade for pretty much any other Pokemon you care to name that might run it, but the only example that stands out to me is Gliscor -and it might resent the fact that it's now resisted by Flying more than it appreciates it being a useful type.

Explosion (And OK also Self-Destruct) is now one of the best types in the game, helping make up for the loss of raw firepower. Azelf, Bronzong, Camerupt, Carbink, Claydol, Cloyster, Corsola, Cryogonal, Diancie, Drifblim, Electrode, Exeggutor, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Garbodor, Genesect, Gengar, Gigalith, Glalie, Golem, Gourgeist, Heatran, Landorus, Lickilicky, Lunatone, Magcargo, Magnezone, Metagross, Mew, Muk, Probopass, Qwilfish, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Reuniclus, Shiftry, Skuntank, Solrock, Steelix, Sudowoodo, Swalot, Torkoal, Vanilluxe, and Weezing probably all appreciate it in practice, but it particularly stands out to me the several Pokemon that have picked up STAB. One especially interesting aspect for Doubles/Triples is the ability to Explode adjacent to Heatran to then power up its own later Explosion! In general Flashfire is a lot more appealing of an Ability for turning random Explosions into a gain rather than a loss. Also worth noting that for Cloyster, Corsola, and Qwilfish they get the ability to combine Fire and Water offense, which is normally difficult and has some value. (The ability to rip up Grass types would normally be part of it, but two of the three can do that with STAB anyway) Oh and Wailord and Mewtwo can get Self-Destruct but not Explosion, so Wailord is a better example of the Water/Fire combination (Water Spout until nearly dead and then Explode!), while Mewtwo going boom amuses me but is probably not that practical. Then again, Mega Mewtwo X has incredible Attack...

Meanwhile anything with a double weakness to Fire really resents this change. Including two of the users -Ferrothorn and Forretress- amusingly, who both especially resent it because they're taking 8 times the damage they do in Standard from Explosion!

Whirlwind, Baton Pass, and Camouflage have extremely limited implications because they're Status moves. There's probably some silliness I'm not thinking of, but overall it doesn't matter.

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Mostly Grass Furfrou bugs me. It's... it's not a plant. It's a dog. A very ordinary dog people like to give silly haircuts.

Sorry for the lateness, but Votes are in!
Furfrou
Fairy +Play Rough, +Moonlight (By Ghoul King and the someone )
Stoutland Ground +Earthquake, +Sandstorm (By the someone )
Persian
Dark No new moves (By Ghoul King )
Eevee Fairy +Play Rough, +Dazzling Gleam (By Ghoul King )

Wring Out Grass (By Ghoul King )
Spike Cannon Ground (By the someone )
Rapid Spin Fighting (By Ghoul King )

Conversion Electric (By Ghoul King and the someone )
Conversion 2 Electric (By Ghoul King and the someone )
Sharpen Steel (By Ghoul King and the someone )
Metronome Psychic (By Ghoul King )

And now...

Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Audino
Bibarel
Staraptor
Raticate

Damaging moves

Covet
Quick Attack
Round

Status moves

Work Up
Super Fang/Hyper Fang (Technically Super Fang is not a status move, but since we are doing Raticate and Bibarel, I thought I'd include it here. Also Hyper Fang is here because of similarities to Super Fang)
Disable

Get submitting!

Thanks for the feedback on certain discussion points, here are some new discussion points:
  • What day of the week would you like the submission/voting phase to end/begin ?
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Audino
Fairy type (So too for Mega)
+Moon Blast

Why: Mega Audino is already part-Fairy, and while I would prefer to distinguish Audino from Blissey, and keep Mega Audino's dual-typing status, I really really cannot find good cause to justify any other typing. It's a sound-based physician. I can't even try to stretch for Psychic, however much I might want to.

Bibarel
Psychic/Water (Bidoof is Psychic)
+Zen Headbutt

Why: I've said this before, but Psychic is actually often associated with extreme, reality-distorting stupidity in addition to extreme, reality-distorting intelligence, and here's a Pokemon so dumb it affects reality itself. (Simple/Unaware/more arguably Moody) I can see arguments for other types, but this seems the best fit to me.

Staraptor
Dark/Flying
+Night Slash, Knock Off

Why: "Savage nature", references to a tendency to bicker for the lower stages, and it's based pretty heavily on predatory birds.

Raticate
Dark/Water (Rattata is Dark)
+Waterfall

Why: Both Rattata and Raticate learn a shocking number of Dark moves (And nothing else that isn't error: type missing) by level-up, their Pokedex entries only type-usable references are about potentially vicious nature except that Raticate has webbed feet that allow it to swim. (Hence Water typing for Raticate)

Covet
Fairy type

Why: The cutesy version of Thief.

Quick Attack
Electric type

Why: Pretty much my Extreme Speed reasoning, plus the Japanese name is literally lightning speed.

Round
Fairy type

Why: Cooperative singing. The Fairy type is the closest to a "teamwork" type, as far as I can tell. Either that or Fighting? I'm going with Fairy though.

Work Up
Fighting type

Why: Oddly enough, the Japanese name is cheer up. Regardless, it's about building up the user's fighting spirit -so Fighting type.

Super Fang
Fighting type

Why: Super Fang isn't actually a Status move, by the by. In spite of the fact that it's Japanese name is Hatred Fang meaning Dark seems the best flavor fit, I'm leaning toward Fighting to retain its uselessness against Ghosts.

Hyper Fang
Dark type

Why: Also not a Status move... Sure Kill Fang is the Japanese name, and really, do I need to say anything more?

Disable
Psychic type

Why: Classically a move found on Pokemon with psychic powers (Plus Jigglypuff??) and having an effect most readily explained by assuming the target has a mental block put in place by Psychic powers. So Psychic type.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Audino
Psychic/Fairy
Fairy was already submitted, and Heal Pulse is Psychic.

Bibarel (Bidoof is Water)
Grass/Water +Wood Hammer, +Baton Pass
Beavers are heavily associated with wood, especially because they build dams out of it. Bibarel's name comes from "Beaver" and "barrel", both in English and Japanese, and we all know barrels are made out of wood. I personally think there are more fitting types, but they would all end up making Bibarel get outclassed by something else, while Ludicolo has a completely different niche from it.

Staraptor (Starly and Staravia are pure Flying)
Fighting/Flying
Like many other Fighting types, Staraptor's dex entries mention it challenging foes (much larger than it, at that). It never stops attacking, showing Staraptor's fighting spirit. It is also one of the three Pokemon that learns Close Combat by level up while not being a Fighting type (one of them is also a legendary).

Raticate
Dark
Same reason as Ghoul King, except I don't think it should be part Water.

Work Up
Fairy type
Due to its Japanese name, "Cheer Up", and the way it was portrayed in the Pokemon manga. It also seems to be a "friendship" type of incentive (the loyal and friendly Stoutland learns it, the quartet of the Swords of Justice learn it, the Pokemon that needs another one to level up, Pancham (and Pangoro) learn it), so Fairy it is.

Super Fang/Hyper Fang

Dark
Bite and Crunch are Dark type moves.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Bibarel
Water / Ground (Bidoof is also Water / Ground)
+Earthquake

Mainly because the other types I wanted are already posted (Water / Psychic 2gud), but Beavers are pretty dam (heh) good at burrowing, and make their homes with mud along with other things.

Staraptor
Fighting / Flying
+Submission

Just throwing out more support. For reference, Staraptor "courageously challenge foes that are much larger" and "The muscles in its wings and legs are strong". I know strong =/= fighting exactly, but if the Pokedex points out how strong a mon is its worth something, right? It also "It never stops attacking even if it is injured", which shows a fighting spirit. Added Submission to its movepool.

Raticate
Dark / Poison (Ratatta is mono Poison)
+Poison Fang, +Poison Jab

Raticate is a ferocious and mean Pokemon. Poison is because mono-Dark was already taken, and it works as a reference to the Black Plague, where rats would spread the disease and stuff. It also gets boosted by being Poisoned (granted, it also gets boosted by being Burned, but shhhhh ;) )I know its not very good reasoning, but its a neat typing and mono-Dark was already taken so :p

Round
Flying

Pretty much same justification for Boomburst being Flying - attacking with sound waves and junk.

Disable
Dark

Disable fits in Dark's toolbox of "Tricky Bastard" moves, and Psychic was already posted.

Staraptor
Flying/Steel (Pre-evos are pure Flying)
+Iron Head
Double-Edge is now Steel type, and various dex entries mention its sturdy wings. Its colour scheme is also slightly metallic, and every other possible type has been already mentioned.

Raticate
Dark / Poison (Ratatta is mono Poison)
+Poison Fang, +Poison Jab

Raticate is a ferocious and mean Pokemon. Poison is because mono-Dark was already taken, and it works as a reference to the Black Plague, where rats would spread the disease and stuff. It also gets boosted by being Poisoned (granted, it also gets boosted by being Burned, but shhhhh ;) )I know its not very good reasoning, but its a neat typing and mono-Dark was already taken so :p
I'd just like to point out that making it a Guts user that's immune to Poisoning because it gets boosted when being Poisoned is a bit of a contradiction. (Also I don't think Ratatta/Raticate has ever been connected to disease, but yeah, redundant entries forbidden now)

EDIT: Meant to do this in my original post, then meant to do it here in the first place.

What day of the week would you like the submission/voting phase to end/begin ?
If what we're currently doing is working for you, I'd rather stick to that. I have no problem with it as-is, so unless other people have some problem with it (I dunno, maybe they have trouble voting over the weekend) I don't see any reason to change it.

Last edited:

Super fang

Dark Type
It's called 'Hatred Fang' in Japanese, thats why. And hatred usually relates to darkness or evilness as dark's japanses name is that

It's Voting Time!
If you do not know how to vote, please read the OP.

Fairy <+Moonblast> (Ghoul King)
Psychic/Fairy <No new moves> (the someone)

Psychic/Water <+Zen Headbutt> (Ghoul King) Note: If this submission wins, Bidoof will be a pure Psychic type.
Water <+Aqua Jet> (Throbulator36)
Water/Grass <+Wood Hammer, +Baton Pass> (the someone) Note: If this submission wins, Bidoof will be a pure Water type.
Water/Ground <+Earthquake> (The Reptile)

Dark/Flying <+Night Slash, +Knock Off> (Ghoul King)
Flying/Fighting <+Submission> (the someone/The Reptile) Note: If this submission wins, Staravia and Starly will be pure Flying types. Also, if either the someone and/or the Reptile does not want their submission fused with someone-else's, please notify me asap.
Flying/Steel <+Iron Head> (MegaGallade) Note: If this submission wins, Staravia and Starly will be pure Flying types.

Dark/Water <+Waterfall> (Ghoul King) Note: If this submission wins, Rattata will be a pure Dark type.
Dark <No new moves> (the someone)
Poison/Dark <+Poison Fang, +Poison Jab> (The Reptile) Note: If this submission wins, Rattata will be a pure Poison type.

Due to lack of submissions this move's type has been decided by default.
Fairy (Ghoul King)

Electric (Ghoul King)

Fairy (Ghoul King)
Flying (The Reptile)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Fairy (the someone)

Fighting (Ghoul King)
Dark (the someone/Amitgosh)

Dark (Ghoul King/the someone)

Psychic (Ghoul King)
Dark (The Reptile)

To keep the thread alive, here are a few discussion points from the previous week's changes and more:
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
  • What new sets can be made using last week's retypes?
  • Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Grass type Wring Out, Ground type Spike Cannon or Fighting type Rapid Spin?
  • Are there any unanswered questions you want to know specifically about this Pet Mod? If so, please tag me when asking the question and I will reply.
Once again, thanks for submitting, and get voting!

Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
Grass-type Bibarel really weirds me out, and the fact that it would make Bidoof's base type Water, so that Bibarel is adding Grass rather than adding Water bothers me. That's about it.

Do you think any of last week's retyped Pokemon will get more usage because of these retypes?
Stoutland has now finished the process of invalidating Sandslash as a Sand Rush Pokemon -you would literally need a team design that called for three Ground type Sand Rushers to think Sandslash made any sense. Nonetheless, I don't think Stoutland is liable to make much of a splash in Sand teams, being slower, less hard hitting, and a less useful type combination than Excadrill, while also lacking some of Excadrill's really useful quirks like access to Rapid Spin, so really Stoutland will probably mostly see use, if at all, as a non-Sand Intimidating Ground type -for which it is uninspiring, inviting comparisons to both Krookodile and Landorus-Therian, both of whom outclass it in almost every respect. And now its access to Scrappy is essentially useless.

So I anticipate Stoutland's already dismal level of use dropping.

Persian is still very low in stats, and in particular has to directly compare to Liepard -which it actually has more base Speed than, but Liepard gets Prankster. Weavile is also an unfortunate comparison point, with more of almost every stat you can name. Limber is not a good Ability (Liepard gets it too even if it was), Unnerve is not a good Ability, and Technician... is actually a very good Ability, but there's a question there as to whether Persian has the movepool for it. If it does, it may well carve a niche out on that basis -it does have Fake Out, for instance, so that's cool. But if it doesn't have enough, well, it'll still be PU.

Furfrou has the huge advantage that only one Fairy exists (Even counting our own changes) that has actual Physical bulk, so it may well end up on teams that want a Physical Fairy wall just for that. The fact that Fairy is a nice defensive type in general will also help it. I anticipate it being used more than it currently is, yes.

Eevee is a LC Pokemon, and I don't play LC, and other than "LC Uber" being a tag I don't have any real familiarity with Little Cup's tiers. But I'd guess that, in the context of Little Cup, it'll probably be better.

Which/Do Pokemon gain/lose an advantage from Grass type Wring Out, Ground type Spike Cannon or Fighting type Rapid Spin?
Rapid Spin is mildly resented by Ferrothorn -instead of taking half damage from a 20 BP move, it's taking doubled damage from a 20 BP move- and in general is a little bit better overall, but since it's Fighting type it hasn't fundamentally changed, it just has higher damage on average. Hitmontop is a notable user for it, since with STAB and Technician it's almost like using a real attack!

Wring Out is hugely improved for Carnivine, Cradily, Jellicent, Jynx, Meganium, Octillery, Omastar, Serperior, Seviper, Swalot, Tentacruel, and Victreebell, all of whom have the stats to use it and either appreciate having a high power non-Sun dependent Special STAB (Serperior, Vicrebell, Meganium, Cradily, Carnivine), or appreciate it for powerful Grass coverage, especially the Water types who appreciate it as anti-Water coverage. (Jellicent, Jynx, Omastar, Octillery, Serprior, Seviper, Swalot, Tentacruel) There's other Pokemon that get it, but would rather run Physical and so don't care all that much about it in practice, so whatever.

Spike Cannon gives Cloyster Ground coverage, which is cool. Corsola and Omastar also learn it, but Omastar doesn't want it and Corsola sucks.

Last edited:
Votes are in!
Audino
Fairy +Moonblast (By Ghoul King )
Bibarel Psychic/Water +Zen Headbutt (By Ghoul King )
Staraptor
Flying/Fighting +Submission (By the someone and The Reptile )
Raticate Dark No new moves (By the someone )

Covet Fairy (By Ghoul King )
Quick Attack Electric (By Ghoul King )
Round Flying (By The Reptile )

Work Up Fairy (By the someone )
Super Fang Dark (By the someone and Amitghosh )
Hyper Fang Dark (By Ghoul King )
Disable Psychic (By Ghoul King )

And now...

Pokemon (Note: Submissions that have already been made (i.e. Using the same type, with same moves and with the exact same justficiation as someone who submitted before) will not be included)

Furret
Noctowl
Unfezant
Lopunny

Damaging moves

Present
Smelling Salts
Secret Power

Status moves

Lovely Kiss
Milk Drink
Sing

Get submitting!

NOTE: As my signature suggests, making the huge post for the voting phase will require loads of copy and paste, and due to a lack of a computer I will have over the next week, this submission phase will end as normal on Friday, but the post, if there is a post, will not contain loads of hides with all submissions, etc.
Just a heads up, and Merry Christmas!

Furret
Fairy
+play rough
It's cute and nothing else fits

Noctowl
Psychic/Flying
+Psyshock
This thing learns so many psychic type moves and is one of the few pokemon that is said to think

Unfezant
Flying
+Brave Bird
males threaten things with their plumage making them brave

Lopunny
Fairy(mega is Fairy/Fighting)
+Play Rough
cute charm. also klutziness is generally cute.

Present
Ice
Christmas

Smelling Salts
Rock
Salt is a mineral

Secret Power
Psychic
ooh, secret

Lovely Kiss
Fairy
it's a soothing kiss

Milk Drink
Ground
same type as Miltank and Gogoat has more to do with the ground than fairies

Sing
Fairy
same type as Wigglytuff

Furret
Electric/Fairy type
+Play Rough, Wild Charge

Why: Lightning-fast (OK not really, but it is referred to as being fast and all) and cute and caring. Also because I want a competent Electric/Fairy type. (Yes I realize Furret is nothing great, but at least it isn't Dedenne)

Lopunny
Fairy type (Mega Lopunny is Fairy/Fighting)
+Play Rough

Why: By far the best fit. Yes I know this has been submitted twice. Just affirming vote for Throbulator!

Noctowl
Psychic/Flying type
+Psyshock, Trick Room

Why: It's an owl with a surprising number of Psychic moves anyway. In all honesty I've never gotten why it wasn't Psychic in the first place. Trick Room is partly competitive logic (It helps give Noctowl a real place compared to other Psychic/Flying types) and partly flavor logic -you try stalking an owl through the dark woods at night.

Unfezant
Dark/Flying type
+Knock Off, Pursuit

Why: Because all I'm getting out of the Pokedex entries other than "is a bird" are vague notions that the males are prideful and/or dickish. And they already have Night Slash, albeit only as a breeding move... well, and they learn Taunt by level, which is unusual.

Present
Fairy type

Why: Fairy already has a lot of the "play nice" moves, and it's either that or Dark to emphasize the "I have a gift for you!" *KABOOM* aspect.

Smelling Salts
Fighting type

Why: Special technique to resuscitate the target? Sounds like Fighting type to me. (It's literally called "Resuscitation" in Japanese) The only Pokemon that learns it other than by breeding is a pure Fighting type, and 5 of the 12 Pokemon it can be bred onto are also Fighting type. (Six of them when you consider that Torchic evolves into a Fighting type)

Secret Power
Grass type

Why: A move that responds dynamically to the environment? I can readily imagine that you're calling the local plantlife to your aid or something... and it's rare we get a chance to justify Grass typing. (Ground would also fit, but we've already got multiple moves re-typed as Ground, so this is my pick)

Lovely Kiss
Dark type

Why: The Japanese name is literally "Demon's Kiss", and its effect of putting the target to sleep is representing the idea of becoming immobilized with terror by exposure to an incomprehensible horror. If that ain't Dark, I don't know what is.

Milk Drink
Fairy type

Why: I really wish there was a type other than error: type missing that had strong associations with mammals. I can readily tell you what types don't make sense for it, but what does fit it is a lot harder. But since this is classically Miltank's signature move and we re-typed it Fairy/Ground, I'm going with Fairy as vaguely logical. (I'm sorry, Ground-typed Milk Drink just has me wondering what kind of grit is in the milk that justifies that typing) I suppose one could argue "Water because liquid" but that seems a weak argument to me.

Sing
Fairy type

Why: Lovely singing that lulls the opponent to sleep classically most strongly associated with what is now canonically a Fairy type. Need I say more?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Welp, too late to submit anything plausible except:

Smelling Salts - Ground
Same reason as Throbulator, minerals are part of the ground. In addition, Smelling Salts cures paralysis, and Ground is immune against Electric, which causes Paralysis most of the time.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Furret
Electric / Fairy
Movepool: +Nuzzle
Just adding Nuzzle to Ghoul's submission. Typing I agree with, and I can't think of anything else

Noctowl
Dark / Flying
Movepool: +Moonblast, +Dark Pulse
Because its nocturnal! I know Japanese its evil-type blah blah blah, but there is some connection with Dark and Nighttime, and Noctowl is our only owl. So that's pretty much it. I know Psychic / Flying probably fits better but hey - options are always good.

Lopunny
Fighting
Movepool: +Close Combat
I'm going to be a contradictorian. I don't see much reasoning behind Fairy other than Kawaii - meanwhile Lopunny gets tons of Fighting-type moves, and in the Pokedex it says it kicks things (although when provoked by touching its delicate ears) and has good physical prowess in its legs "It runs with sprightly jumps." "If they are touched roughly, it kicks with its graceful legs." "Extremely cautious, it quickly bounds off when it senses danger." I know its not much justification, but its a lot more than Fairy.

Sing
Flying

Same as Round and Boomburst - muh sound. Also Wiggy is Flying-type too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)