The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I swear if the Cards get the 5 seed and have to trot out Ryan Lindley at the NFC South winner's stadium...

Also I hope Romo makes the Pro Bowl over Luck. Should be Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Romo IMO. Though I suspect Brees' name will be left off the list.

Last edited:
Poor Andy Dalton and the Bengals....They've got tonight against Denver and they get the Sunday Night Game next week @ Pittsburgh....Not a good time for Bengals fans, unless the 1 or 4 O'clock Dalton shows up either of those games, preferably tonight.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Poor Andy Dalton and the Bengals....They've got tonight against Denver and they get the Sunday Night Game next week @ Pittsburgh....Not a good time for Bengals fans, unless the 1 or 4 O'clock Dalton shows up either of those games, preferably tonight.
Hindsight.

ALSO: I have a few first-class tickets on the Patriots hypeplane to Revis Island. But you have to take a layover in Foxborough.

Peyton did his best Jay Cutler impression tonight haha
They said it was like the 5th or 6th time in his entire career. The 4th interception was awful though, no communication whatsoever. But regardless, he sucked, Andy Dalton didn't do anything too awful, (ignoring the early pick 6) played solid, and led the Bungles to the win they and the Patriots desperately wanted. Peyton's #'s in Foxborough aren't exactly great.

So the road to the Super Bowl goes through Foxborough for AFC teams. That's a nightmare for every other AFC playoff team/hopeful (except my Ravens, of course)
Gotta hope KC can play spoiler at beat San Diego then. I'd lol if some scrubby ass team(compared to BAL or SD) like houston or KC ends up getting in, just to get bounced by the AFC North winner, unless Denver finds a way to lose to Oakland. Or if Cincy wins on sunday knock them out for the 4th wildcard round in a row.

Gotta hope KC can play spoiler at beat San Diego then. I'd lol if some scrubby ass team(compared to BAL or SD) like houston or KC ends up getting in, just to get bounced by the AFC North winner, unless Denver finds a way to lose to Oakland. Or if Cincy wins on sunday knock them out for the 4th wildcard round in a row.
Hate having to rely on another team to help us, but we shat the bed Sunday

assuming they even get in in the first place.
yes... that's why I said "hopeful"

Peyton did his best Jay Cutler impression tonight haha
Peyton has had one of the crappiest seasons ever. The Broncos have completely collapsed at this point. Peyton carries that team and with his overall play being this bad they'll probably get blown out by the steelers in the divisional round. All in all a horrendous season by Peyton and hell no he doesn't deserve the MVP. But like I said before, being a Peyton fan is suffering. I just hope he comes back next season and gets his shit together.

At this point best case scenario Ravens and Chargers lose while Watt gets 4 sacks in a win over whoever they're playing so they can hand the MVP to this guy. He deserves it.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just took a look at the pro bowl rosters. To be perfectly honest, I actually don't have any major issues with it. Sure there are some worthy people that got left out, but I don't really see anyone there that DOESN'T deserve it.

Thoughts?

Lesean McCoy has been terrible all year. Aj Green and Megatron have been mediocre compared to ODB. Demarcus ware shouldn't be in there. Why is Gerald McCoy in it? He played in like half the season. I was relieved to see Calais Campbell in there. He's as scary as watt.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lesean McCoy has been terrible all year. Aj Green and Megatron have been mediocre compared to ODB. Demarcus ware shouldn't be in there. Why is Gerald McCoy in it? He played in like half the season. I was relieved to see Calais Campbell in there. He's as scary as watt.
Well now that you mention it I can see Green and Megatron might not belong, but ODB missed just as many games as them so we only have a small sample to go by. He is amazing I'll grant you, but most of the Pro Bowl voting was done before he had even played.

I guess I should say that -almost- everyone on the roster deserves to be there, which is still a vast improvement on most years when it's laughably bad.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm amazed they got Romo right. Only disagreement on QB is that I thought Brees should have gotten in over Luck. I'm okay with them not putting in ODB since he'll probably get in as an alternate, but I didn't think Demaryius should have gotten in. Emmanuel Sanders has done more for that team this season. Would have liked to see C.J. Anderson get in but he has a pretty small resume so I'm okay with their picks. Antonio Gates a major snub, should have gotten in over Graham who got in solely on name recognition. Other than a few nitpicks, the selections were really good on offense.

Their picks on defense were pretty terrible IMO. Jason Pierre-Paul and Jared Allen should have gotten in; it's a shame their team struggles overshadowed big seasons. Haloti Ngata didn't have the stats, but he makes big plays when they count. Two picks and two forced fumbles on the year, that's worth more than a few sacks. DeAndre Levy a huge mistake as well.

Obligatory lol John Kuhn. Everyone loves him and I can't understand why.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Because it's so easy to yell "Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn" whenever you see him. Kind of like how Pittsburgh fans yell "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath" whenever Heath Miller catches a pass even though he doesn't do a whole lot of that anymore. Everyone loves an underappreciated slow white guy in football!

I'm amazed they got Romo right. Only disagreement on QB is that I thought Brees should have gotten in over Luck. I'm okay with them not putting in ODB since he'll probably get in as an alternate, but I didn't think Demaryius should have gotten in. Emmanuel Sanders has done more for that team this season. Would have liked to see C.J. Anderson get in but he has a pretty small resume so I'm okay with their picks. Antonio Gates a major snub, should have gotten in over Graham who got in solely on name recognition. Other than a few nitpicks, the selections were really good on offense.

Their picks on defense were pretty terrible IMO. Jason Pierre-Paul and Jared Allen should have gotten in; it's a shame their team struggles overshadowed big seasons. Haloti Ngata didn't have the stats, but he makes big plays when they count. Two picks and two forced fumbles on the year, that's worth more than a few sacks. DeAndre Levy a huge mistake as well.

Almost every pick Brees threw this year was extremely costly. He's the new Farve. I think Luck is overrated but I cant remember him costing Indy any wins.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You could argue for the inclusion of quite a few deserving rookies that didn't make it - Khalil Mack, OBJ, and Joel Bitonio come to mind.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Demariyus is more impressive than sanders is to me; you watch the catches he makes and the routes he runs (and subsequently how silly he makes those who play man look) and its no longer a comparison regarding importance to the team.

If blake bortles didnt suck the jags D would have gotten a lot of recognition for what they did weeks 5-16.

Graham wasnt very good for most of the season and i really dont get his selection. On the other hand, gates has been superb.

Lesean mccoy had a bad start to the season (mostly because chip kelly thought it would be smart to run zone streches only on 2nd and 10), but has been very good throghout most of the season.

Dude, Romo is actually pretty hyped this year. I don't really like it since he isn't playing better than 2012 Romo but whatever. Also, i'd like to point out how Big Ben played against the AFC South and NFC South. The worst divisions in football. And even then his stats aren't any better than Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers etc. He shouldn't be in the pro bowl over any of those guys.

Dude, Romo is actually pretty hyped this year. I don't really like it since he isn't playing better than 2012 Romo but whatever. Also, i'd like to point out how Big Ben played against the AFC South and NFC South. The worst divisions in football. And even then his stats aren't any better than Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers etc. He shouldn't be in the pro bowl over any of those guys.
He also played against the AFC North, the best division overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)