Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Of the 36 players I have playing in four final games, two of them have met their projections.

TWO.

What a spectacularly retarded way to end a season.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ NOT TONY ROMO 8)

Yahoo seems to think CJ Anderson has a 3% chance to score -10.71 points or worse. I think my odds of losing to insane stat corrections occuring are higher than trying to pad my score and having that happen.

Only took eight years but Mr.E shall finally bring home the Smogon Superb Owl trophy. And Dallas embarrassed the Colts too, good day today.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Best team all year and I put up my worst fucking week all season in the final.

Now I need CJ Anderson to outscore aj green by 13.

At least I've won my other league already. 1st and 2nd wouldn't be bad but I want two firsts!!!

just won at least $800 because the Broncos D + a 7 point lead beat Demaryius Thomas and AJ Green by 1 point

it's a chrimmis murricle

My expertise has led me to victory over LonelyNess and I am now champion of smogon's most exclusive, secretive, and prestigious fantasy football league (don't ask why we let lonelyness in). GG all, hope to see you next year.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Won both fantasy leagues I entered this year, including finally winning Smogon B league. SUMMER OF STALLION BABY

So Yahoo's playoff seeding boned me and someone else pretty bad this year. I'm curious to see if it happened to anyone else.
We had it set up with 6 playoff teams, the top 2 getting a bye week.

Round 1 should always be 3rd vs 6th and 4th vs 5th. This all happened as planned.
6th seed knocked out the 3rd seed and 4th seed knocked out the 5th seed.
Round 2 should have been 1st vs 6th and 2nd vs 4th, right? The top seed should always play the bottom seed, with the middle two playing each other. But this didn't happen! Instead, 1st seed played 4th seed and 2nd seed played 6th seed. This goes against every tournament bracket setup I've ever seen, and I'm commissioner of my league so I'm taking all the crap for this mistake.

Our championship round had players that wouldn't have been there without this garbage seeding and people are obviously pissed. Any ideas?

yeah I think the default for most websites these days is that #1 plays the winner of #4/5, while #2 plays #3 or #6. it's not how the NFL does it, but it's the same philosophy that March Madness (for example) does for seeding.

I was in a similar situation where I was the #6 seed, and I lost to the #2 seed in the semis even though I would have beaten the #1.

for most leagues it should be possible to manually rearrange the brackets, but it's something you should put in your league's rules/constitutions. if it's not there and the website automatically seeded the games as it saw fit, tough shit. make it a rule for next year.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
if any of you are doing daily fantasy leagues for money, join #dfs on irc

we're trying to grow the community of smogon dfsers because a.) its awesomely fun b.) having smart people give opinions helps

don't come if you're an idiot.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
On shitty default playoff seeding complaints, I was in a league once where we were divided up into two leagues and, based on division standing, I should have made playoffs. But no, instead four teams from the first division got in and only two from my division got in (screwing me at #3) because apparently division record was literally irrelevant even though divisions existed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)