Noobmons(Playable on Aqua Server!)

Seems odd to me when the meta's principle is simplifying the type chart, with the inspiration being the newbie conception of the games.
I see. Forgot about that xP I'll rewrite the banlist, and
I will comment on the meta itself later. But a friendly advice, redo the OP and make it as simple as possible. If the meta can be explained in a single sentence, do it.
I'll do that as well.

Sooo, who wants to find some pretty nifty mons who have niches here? Ludicolo has quite a niche here by quad resisting Ground, Rock, and Water.

Normal is also resisted by itself, like everything else. Or put another way, just as many types are resistant to Normal as usual, they're just distributed differently. Notably, Meloetta-Pirouette and the upcoming Mega Lopunny are the only Pokemon that doubly resist Normal, as opposed to in standard play where Aggron laughs off Hyper Voice in spite of its crap Special Defense and Probopass and Bastiodon both exist too.

So yeah, Dragon is garbage now, going from four resistances and three weaknesses (One of which is itself) to one resistance (Itself, which is pretty useless) and two weaknesses. Ouch. Offensively it has two ineffectives and one immunity -so it's Normal, but with a different distribution, but with worse defensive characteristics. It doesn't even get to appreciate being neutral on Steel!

Ghost is, offensively, barely changed, because now it resists itself, which for a lot of Ghosts is basically a good thing, since so many Pokemon use Ghost as coverage. Defensively, it's stronger than ever, resisting itself and Psychic -though to be fair it's lost its Poison and Bug resists, so it's the same number of resists in total, just distributed differently, and with fewer weaknesses.

Fighting has lost its resistance to Bug, but now it resists Steel and Ice, not to mention itself. Nice. Offensively, it hits neutrally on Poison and Bug with no other changes (Barring being ineffective on itself), so that's all upside.

Flying is, defensively, only different for resisting itself. Offensively it pushes past Steel, but is resisted by itself and Ice. Overall a little better defensively and a little worse offensively, given that almost everything is unresisted by Steel anyway.

Poison is now resisted by Psychic but not by Rock or Ghost. That's nifty, offensively. Defensively, it no longer resists Fighting or Bug. Ouch.

Ground is no longer resisted by Bug but is resisted by Ice and Water. Conversely it now resists itself, Fire, and Steel. Ground is fairly happy, at least defensively.

Rock no longer resists Normal, too bad, nor Poison, but now it resists Bug and Ice and itself. Pretty good overall. Offensively, it's resisted by Water, Grass, and itself. Ouch.

Bug no longer resists Fighting or Ground, but now it resists Dark and Psychic, and itself of course. Nifty trade. Offensively, it's no longer resisted by Fighting, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, or Steel, but it is resisted by itself and Rock. Bug is now much better as an offensive type.

Offensively, Steel becomes neutral on Water and Electric, but becomes ineffective against Fighting and Ground. Eh. Defensively, it loses all its resists except to itself, Rock, Ice, Fairy, and its Poison immunity of course. That's 7 resists it's lost.

Fire's offense is no longer resisted by Dragon. Nice. Defensively, it no longer resists Fairy. Fire's pretty friendly to new players.

Water is no longer resisted by Dragon but is resisted by Electric. Fair trade. Defensively, it no longer resists Steel or Ice, but it does resist Ground and Rock. Nifty.

Grass is no longer ineffective against Dragon and Steel. Good for it! Defensively, it now resists Rock but no longer resists Electric. Decent.

Now the only thing that actually resists Electric is itself. Yikes. Of course, Ground is still immune. It's traded away a Steel resist for a Water resist, so defensively it's about the same.

Psychic is now ineffective against Bug and Ghost, but no longer resisted by Steel. Not a good trade. Defensively, it's gained a resistance to Poison, which is nice.

Ice now resists Ground, Flying, Dragon, and Grass, with no loss. (It only resisted itself anyway!) Offensively, it's now resisted by Fighting and Rock, but is no longer resisted by Water, which is a downgrade, but who cares when actual Ice types are so much better!

Dark has no changes defensively. Offensively, it's now resisted by Bug. Minor change.

Lastly, Fairy no longer resists Bug but now resists itself, while offensively Fire no longer resists it but it is resisted by itself.

Basically Ice, Electric, Bug, and Grass are all types to watch out for, while Steel is less defining and Dragon is outright crappy.

Normal is also resisted by itself, like everything else. Or put another way, just as many types are resistant to Normal as usual, they're just distributed differently. Notably, Meloetta-Pirouette and the upcoming Mega Lopunny are the only Pokemon that doubly resist Normal, as opposed to in standard play where Aggron laughs off Hyper Voice in spite of its crap Special Defense and Probopass and Bastiodon both exist too.

So yeah, Dragon is garbage now, going from four resistances and three weaknesses (One of which is itself) to one resistance (Itself, which is pretty useless) and two weaknesses. Ouch. Offensively it has two ineffectives and one immunity -so it's Normal, but with a different distribution, but with worse defensive characteristics. It doesn't even get to appreciate being neutral on Steel!

Ghost is, offensively, barely changed, because now it resists itself, which for a lot of Ghosts is basically a good thing, since so many Pokemon use Ghost as coverage. Defensively, it's stronger than ever, resisting itself and Psychic -though to be fair it's lost its Poison and Bug resists, so it's the same number of resists in total, just distributed differently, and with fewer weaknesses.

Fighting has lost its resistance to Bug, but now it resists Steel and Ice, not to mention itself. Nice. Offensively, it hits neutrally on Poison and Bug with no other changes (Barring being ineffective on itself), so that's all upside.

Flying is, defensively, only different for resisting itself. Offensively it pushes past Steel, but is resisted by itself and Ice. Overall a little better defensively and a little worse offensively, given that almost everything is unresisted by Steel anyway.

Poison is now resisted by Psychic but not by Rock or Ghost. That's nifty, offensively. Defensively, it no longer resists Fighting or Bug. Ouch.

Ground is no longer resisted by Bug but is resisted by Ice and Water. Conversely it now resists itself, Fire, and Steel. Ground is fairly happy, at least defensively.

Rock no longer resists Normal, too bad, nor Poison, but now it resists Bug and Ice and itself. Pretty good overall. Offensively, it's resisted by Water, Grass, and itself. Ouch.

Bug no longer resists Fighting or Ground, but now it resists Dark and Psychic, and itself of course. Nifty trade. Offensively, it's no longer resisted by Fighting, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, or Steel, but it is resisted by itself and Rock. Bug is now much better as an offensive type.

Offensively, Steel becomes neutral on Water and Electric, but becomes ineffective against Fighting and Ground. Eh. Defensively, it loses all its resists except to itself, Rock, Ice, Fairy, and its Poison immunity of course. That's 7 resists it's lost.

Fire's offense is no longer resisted by Dragon. Nice. Defensively, it no longer resists Fairy. Fire's pretty friendly to new players.

Water is no longer resisted by Dragon but is resisted by Electric. Fair trade. Defensively, it no longer resists Steel or Ice, but it does resist Ground and Rock. Nifty.

Grass is no longer ineffective against Dragon and Steel. Good for it! Defensively, it now resists Rock but no longer resists Electric. Decent.

Now the only thing that actually resists Electric is itself. Yikes. Of course, Ground is still immune. It's traded away a Steel resist for a Water resist, so defensively it's about the same.

Psychic is now ineffective against Bug and Ghost, but no longer resisted by Steel. Not a good trade. Defensively, it's gained a resistance to Poison, which is nice.

Ice now resists Ground, Flying, Dragon, and Grass, with no loss. (It only resisted itself anyway!) Offensively, it's now resisted by Fighting and Rock, but is no longer resisted by Water, which is a downgrade, but who cares when actual Ice types are so much better!

Dark has no changes defensively. Offensively, it's now resisted by Bug. Minor change.

Lastly, Fairy no longer resists Bug but now resists itself, while offensively Fire no longer resists it but it is resisted by itself.

Basically Ice, Electric, Bug, and Grass are all types to watch out for, while Steel is less defining and Dragon is outright crappy.
Thanks for the huge analysis, Ghoul King. I'd see Zapdos being of use as well because it now resists Water, Grass, Fighting, Bug, and dual resisting Flying. Basically trades a resistance to Steel for a buff in Flying resistance. Also, I found a Psychic/Fairy move combo that's only resisted by Bronzong, Jirachi, Metagross, Doublade, and Forretress. You could easily run Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fire to get rid of em because most Psychic or Fairy types get the two moves. Like Sylveon being an offensive threat with Calm Mind, Psyshock, Moonblast, and Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Fire. This capitalizes on it's two primary stats Sp.Atk and Sp.Def. I'm too lazy to post sets because I'm tired u.u

As DialgaTheTimeLord said, I find the premise of this metagame interesting. Whether it would be interesting/fun to play in a different way from standard OU is a different matter; it definitely depends on whether CrazyGuy108 is able to find a host server for the metagame.

I tried setting up a server, but the Command Prompt for it won't work properly. Maybe you guys should try setting up a server. It's either that or hope it gets enough OMOTM Votes next month.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can host this metagame. The main problem is whether it is coded or not. It's not too hard to code, but you'll need to find someone who's willing to do it. If necessary I could explain how to code it, but I don't have enough time to at this point.

I think I found a nice core:

Medidictator (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
Weaknesses: Flying, Fairy, Bug, Ghost
Resistances: Normal, Fighting, Rock, Steel, Ice, Poison
Megacham is quite a threat in my opinion. With 6 resistances, it can be a nice tank, despite only having 60/85/85 bulk, which is below decent. It covers the Fighting weakness of Regice and Heatran, as the two compliment eachothers resistances. Fake Out is so that Medicham can get up to speed. HJK and Psycho Cut for STAB, and Bullet Punch for coverage and priority.

Fridge Bot (Regice) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Weaknesses: Steel, Fighting, Fire, Rock
Resistances: Grass, Flying, Ice, Ground, Dragon
With Ice buffed, there's not much reason Regice shouldn't be good in the meta. BoltBeam is still perfect coverage(except against Storm Drain Gastrodon). Restalk is for recovery. Pretty simple special wall.

HotMama (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
Weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Water
Resistances: Bug, Steel, Grass, Ice, Fairy
I've always like Heatran(and the nickname ^_^), I'll be straight with you. It's bulky, resistant, and powerful. I'm going with a nice Sub-Willo set, that can annoy physical attackers(Such as Megacham :P), and it can be a nice powerhouse if it gets a Flash Fire boost. This is all very brief, so I'll add more in later. Feel free to criticize.

config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Noobmons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'noobmons',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite']
    },
At this point everyone knows what to do o3o

mods/noobmons/typechart.js
Too long for a hide tag.
^ This link contains the typechart.js code, for reference.

Also featured in the General OM Code thread here.
Can you explain the Type Chart link? It doesn't look right, like with the hp iv objects, which make no sense to me. And how does the server link the meta with its type chart?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Can you explain the Type Chart link? It doesn't look right, like with the hp iv objects, which make no sense to me. And how does the server link the meta with its type chart?
typecharts.js is essentially the typechart in PS speak. 1 = Super-Effective, 2 = Not Very Effective, 3 = Immune.

HP IVs are copied and pasted from the vanilla one.

Breloom could be an interesting threat in this meta, having the solid Fighting type and Grass no longer worrying about Steel or Dragon. Rock is now a legitimately defensive type, to a degree, especially now that it resists Bug and Ice, two major types in this meta. Expect low Pokemon like Aggron and Bastiodon to possibly get some attention. And watch out for the wonder-wall Avalugg. Speaking of Avalugg, he also makes a great wall in the Inverse meta.
Scizor should be suspected immediately for a ban.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)