ORAS Doubles OU A Tricky Situation (Peaked #56 on Showdown)

Hello Guys,

I'm SideTrack and today I will be presenting my first RMT for you guys. The team that I will be presenting is for the ORAS Doubles tier.

PS I'm new to the community so just go easy on me :) Any feedback is welcome as I'm using this team for a tournament soon.

Team Preview

Movesets

Bulky Cyclops
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SDef / 160 Def
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Helping Hand
- Night Shade
- Trick Room

Basically the Star of the show, takes hits like a champ with Eviolite that boosts both of its defense stat by 1.5x and practically doesn't give a shit about anything. Something hits him super effectively, comes back again with Pain Split and starts haunting you again. Will-O-Wisp is there for physical attackers, and it comes in handy as it is able to lower their attack. Also useful for getting residual damage off the opponent wall. Pain Split is there to get the advantage of wearing the opponent team members down but at the same time getting some recovery for it to set up another trick room. Night Shade comes in handy for walls or if you just want to chip off and wear down the opponent. It breaks down their HP stat bit by bit, and with Will-O-Wisp it makes an excellent combo. It also prevents being taunt bait. Trick Room is just there to allow my team to get the upper hand in terms of speed. The Mix EV spread in defense is necessary to allow it to take special and physical hits.

The Avenger
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 SDef / 128 HP
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bisharp serves as a valuable revenge killer in my team, with STAB Sucker Punch and also Black Glasses it helps deal alot of damage to things that don't resist it. Knock Off is there to get rid of the opponent's item, such as lefties or assault vest perhaps even choice items. Iron Head hits fairy types like a truck, it dents pokemon like Togekiss and prevents them for aiding a set up. Lastly protect is just used a scouting move and also helps it when paired up with Landorus-T because of Earthquake. Brave nature to let it outslow other slow threats in trick room. The 252 Atk EV is to maximise it's attack capabilities while the 128 SDef and 128HP EV is to allow it to take a super effective special move under Rotom-W's Light Screen.

Clean Up Partner
Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Light Screen
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

The infamous Wash Rotom is here! This little dude, plays a very big role in getting the Trick Rooms up and also serve as somewhat of a wall. It gets access to Light Screen to help mitigate damage from special attacks and it also has Will-O-Wisp support to get burns on physical attackers. As the old saying goes, two is always better than one, so why the heck not to have another Will-O-Wisp support. Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt is there for it's attacking moves as both of them are STAB on Rotom-W. It works decent with it's base 105 Special Attack and does the job to clean up mons with low HP. Sitrus for the item choice as it prolongs the survival of Rotom-W on the field. EV Spread is made to give it extra bulk but at the same time allowing it to regain it's offensive capabilities.

Beastly Pivot
Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 28 HP / 240 Atk / 80 Def / 160 SDef
Brave Nature
- Explosion
- U-Turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

YES! One of the biggest OU Threats but since there's no need for speed why not give it pure power. So the item choice on Landorus-T would be a Choice Band. By giving it a Brave Nature and 240 Atk EVs, I am able to reach a beastly 424 Attack Stat. Maximizing it with Choice Band allows it to snag a OHKO on most things. Explosion is there for a sort of suicide attack, but I seldom use it unless I'm at a last resort. U-Turn to scout out the opponent's attack and to keep momentum on my side. Rock Slide deals good damage to Flying types like Talonflame and Charizard Y which can pose a big threat to my team especially with priority brave bird. Earthquake to hit all the pesky steel types and also electric types. As for the EVs in HP, Def and SDef. This allows it to maintain a balance bulk so that it doesn't get OHKO'ed easily.

Bubble Time
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace / Download
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Another star of the show , Porygon2. This little ducky will give your opponents a run for their money. It packs a base 90 Def and 95 SDef Stat which is quite decent for a NFE Pokemon. Furthermore I am able to use this fact and give it some extra bulk by putting on the Eviolite, which literally makes this thing tanky as hell. Porygon2 is also chosen because it has access to two really good abilities, one being Trace while the other being Download. In my case, I chose to run Trace on it because I have seen it put in work. For example you trace a Pokemon with levitate, giving you ground immunity or perhaps intimidate which helps lower your opponents attack. These can come in really handy in times like that because you are able to use your opponents ability against himself which is really decent in my opinion. Although it might not be as reliable but it does work out just fine for me. However Download might still be preferred because that +1 boost might make a difference for you to snag a kill. EVs wise, 252 Def EV is to allow it to survive at least one super effective fighting move, while 236 SDef is there to just balance out it's defenses so that it doesn't get walled by special moves. 20HP just for that 316 even number hit point. For the moveset, I decided to give it Discharge which basically targets multiple pokemon so that I can help clean up if I need to. Ice Beam for pesky dragon and ground types like Garchomp and Landorus. Recover to help prolong it's survival on the field, while trick room again is to help me work around my team members low speed.

>

Vesuvius
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock > Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

The Ultimate Destroyer! Yes! That's right is none other then Camerupt. This thing it's absolute a monster, especially after it mega evolves. Although it does not have that much of a bulk but it still proves to be a valuable asset to the team especially under a trick room. Sure a base 100 Defense and 105 Special Defense might seem decent but that 145 Base Special Attack is something that we should all look at. One of the pros of using mega camerupt under a trick room team especially with a Quiet Nature is that you are able to just mega evolve and start cleaning up without worrying much about your speed. Basically after that buff in special attack and also with that sheer force ability, heat wave and earth power still does a shit load of damage even if it's resisted. Because of the sheer power these two moves can output I decided to put them on the moveset. In addition to that Heat Wave is a multi-target move which means I get to hit two pokemon on the other side of field, which really gives me the upper hand sometimes. Rock Slide is there to just check Flying types that resist Heat Wave and is immune to Earth Power such as Talonflame. With just 4 Atk EV's it can already OHKO Mega Charizard Y and non bulky Talonflames. Stealth Rock is there for me to set up if I predict a protect from my opponent. It does come in handy to get off switch in damage especially if my opponent carries a flying type. Earth Power is there to just check steel types like Bisharp and Steelix. However with that much raw power there is a price to pay. Due to Camerupt's lack of types resistance it does get walled by Water Types. Any Water type pokemon is able to knock Camerupt out easily, but Camerupts defense stat does prove to have some use as it is still able to take 1 or 2 neutral attacks.

Well that will be all for my first RMT, really appreciate your patience in reading this lengthy RMT of mine. Took 2 hours to compile and write everything, but hopefully its worthwhile.

Proof of Ladder Peak

Importable

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Light Screen
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 28 HP / 240 Atk / 80 Def / 160 SpD
Brave Nature
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Trick Room

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Camerupt (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey fren, decent team you have, interesting use of normally fast / middle speed mons on a Trick Room team, however there are some areas that I think can be adjusted to better utilize the team. Also as a general rule of thumb, Trick Room teams should be running 0 Spe IV's on all mons, so as to underspeed as many opposing Pokemon as possible.

1. Dusclops and Porygon2: I'm not a fan of Dusclops in general, as it's performance is quite underwhelming in practice. It's great for getting Trick Room up, but once it is, it's often creating a 2 on 1 scenario against you as it lacks offensive presence. Noting your use of Camerupt, Landorus-T, and Bisharp to create tremendous offensive pressure helps mitigate that, though I do think Dusclops is still a weak point in your team. I recommend looking at alternative setters, particularly Cresselia, Gothitelle and Aromatisse, as they also get Helping Hand to help make up for poor offence, are reliable setters, and can also use an item, which Dusclops can't since it's forced to run Eviolite. More offensively inclined options that can work well for you are options like Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist and Chandelure. Between Porygon2 and Dusclops, your setters are producing very little damage output, and I think that's really hurting your team, particularly against bulky-offence teams, who have a good matchup against you, especially ones with Conkeldurr, who can beat almost every single member of your team with one of his moves.

Another thing worth pointing out is that, as you said you plan on using this team in a tournament, most tournaments for cart play apply an item clause restricting you to 1 of each item, and you have 2 Eviolite users, forcing you to have to choose between one or the other.

2. Bisharp: Taking that 128 SpD and putting them into Def actually works better for you, especially since you're running Light Screen. The additional SpD doesn't buy you any notable survives when under Light Screen, but it does buy you always living Scarf Adamant Lando-T Earthquakes and Adamant MKang's PuP.

3. Camerupt: You really don't need Stealth Rock on this thing, just use Protect so you can safely Mega Evolve on turns you set Trick Room. Stealth Rock pretty much only helps against certain Sash sets, and 4x weak mons, most of whom you already have a good matchup against.

Good luck with the team, happy holidays n_n7

Hey fren, decent team you have, interesting use of normally fast / middle speed mons on a Trick Room team, however there are some areas that I think can be adjusted to better utilize the team. Also as a general rule of thumb, Trick Room teams should be running 0 Spe IV's on all mons, so as to underspeed as many opposing Pokemon as possible.

1. Dusclops and Porygon2: I'm not a fan of Dusclops in general, as it's performance is quite underwhelming in practice. It's great for getting Trick Room up, but once it is, it's often creating a 2 on 1 scenario against you as it lacks offensive presence. Noting your use of Camerupt, Landorus-T, and Bisharp to create tremendous offensive pressure helps mitigate that, though I do think Dusclops is still a weak point in your team. I recommend looking at alternative setters, particularly Cresselia, Gothitelle and Aromatisse, as they also get Helping Hand to help make up for poor offence, are reliable setters, and can also use an item, which Dusclops can't since it's forced to run Eviolite. More offensively inclined options that can work well for you are options like Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist and Chandelure. Between Porygon2 and Dusclops, your setters are producing very little damage output, and I think that's really hurting your team, particularly against bulky-offence teams, who have a good matchup against you, especially ones with Conkeldurr, who can beat almost every single member of your team with one of his moves.

Another thing worth pointing out is that, as you said you plan on using this team in a tournament, most tournaments for cart play apply an item clause restricting you to 1 of each item, and you have 2 Eviolite users, forcing you to have to choose between one or the other.

2. Bisharp: Taking that 128 SpD and putting them into Def actually works better for you, especially since you're running Light Screen. The additional SpD doesn't buy you any notable survives when under Light Screen, but it does buy you always living Scarf Adamant Lando-T Earthquakes and Adamant MKang's PuP.

3. Camerupt: You really don't need Stealth Rock on this thing, just use Protect so you can safely Mega Evolve on turns you set Trick Room. Stealth Rock pretty much only helps against certain Sash sets, and 4x weak mons, most of whom you already have a good matchup against.

Good luck with the team, happy holidays n_n7
Thanks for the reply, have already made the changes on Camerupt and Bisharp. Also regarding the trick room setter do you really think it's wise to sacrifice bulk for more offensive power because my tournament allows user to use 1 of the same item twice. But I do really want to use Aromatisse because of it's aroma veil ability plus its access to heal pulse. But looking at the difference between bulk I don't think aromatisse can last as long on the field as dusclops. Plus it doesn't really have access to Will-O-Wisp so I think physical attackers might dent it quite a bit. Same for Porygon2, I think running a bulkier set would be more beneficial because it allows me to get more set-ups for my team.

Well overall thanks for all the tips and taking time to explain to me. But I'm still slightly doubtful if I should sacrifice bulk for power. Thanks.

Edit: Mega Zard Y's HeatWave under Sun has a 12.5% to OHKO Bisharp with 128SDef EVs and screens on. While it's a guaranteed OHKO if I don't have any EV's running on my Bisharp. So I'm kind of in a dilemma now. So should I stick to the special defense EVs or change?

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What calc are you using for Heat Wave? Every calc I'm running shows that standard CharY guarantees the ohko through a sub.
For reference:
At lvl 50:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Bisharp in Sun through Light Screen: 160-190 (102.5 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and at lvl 100:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Bisharp in Sun through Light Screen: 302-358 (99.6 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Also as for the bulk, you have to remember double battles are often quite short, especially 4v4 formats where a battle is quite often over in 6-8 turns, not often going above 10. Trying to maximize how much damage you can deal in that time should take precedence, and I do think trading at least one of your eviolite users for a more offensive choice will be beneficial. Having an offensive setter and a defensive setter isn't a bad idea, since you can choose whichever one is best for you in a 4v4 setting, such as bringing the bulkier one against more bulky offensive teams, and bringing the offensive one against frailer teams.

What calc are you using for Heat Wave? Every calc I'm running shows that standard CharY guarantees the ohko through a sub.
For reference:
At lvl 50:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Bisharp in Sun through Light Screen: 160-190 (102.5 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and at lvl 100:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Bisharp in Sun through Light Screen: 302-358 (99.6 - 118.1%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Also as for the bulk, you have to remember double battles are often quite short, especially 4v4 formats where a battle is quite often over in 6-8 turns, not often going above 10. Trying to maximize how much damage you can deal in that time should take precedence, and I do think trading at least one of your eviolite users for a more offensive choice will be beneficial. Having an offensive setter and a defensive setter isn't a bad idea, since you can choose whichever one is best for you in a 4v4 setting, such as bringing the bulkier one against more bulky offensive teams, and bringing the offensive one against frailer teams.
Guess I made some miscalcs then. Will follow through with the change.

So as for the offensive side who do you think I should switch out for and for what pokemon? I was thinking Porygon2? Is that a right choice. Because I'm kind of stuck in a dilemma between who to switch and sub in.

shaian

you love to see it
I would swap out Porygon2 yeah, having a fighting / normal immunity in Dusclops is quite stellar, though there is something to be said about having a setter not weak to Aegislash. But Camerupt / Lando-T / Bisharp all handle Aegislash quite nicely so that advantage is unneeded, and I do think that Helping Hand Aromatisse can help your team quite nicely, though Cress would likely be better it's also a lot harder to get a good one in-game :P

I would swap out Porygon2 yeah, having a fighting / normal immunity in Dusclops is quite stellar, though there is something to be said about having a setter not weak to Aegislash. But Camerupt / Lando-T / Bisharp all handle Aegislash quite nicely so that advantage is unneeded, and I do think that Helping Hand Aromatisse can help your team quite nicely, though Cress would likely be better it's also a lot harder to get a good one in-game :P
Sorry for the delayed reply, I have been team testing my options for a trick room setter and found out how handy Aromatisse can be. So the set I'm going to run for it would be this one below. But I have some options regarding the last move that I should put on it. I'm not sure if this set is bulky enough but I have set the EVs as so, so that Aromatisse can take 2 Poison Jabs from Conkeldurr after Leftovers recovery and 5 with Reflect up. As for the attacking move, I'm debating over which I should use, Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam. Because Dazzling Gleam hits multiple targets but Moonblast hits only a single target but its a 15 Base Power difference, and I think that might make a huge difference in the outcome of survival. So could you help me with a little bit regarding the moveset, and also as for the EVs if any change is needed to be made. Thank You.

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Aromatisse: 190-224 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Aromatisse through Reflect: 95-112 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mega Gallade Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Aromatisse through Reflect: 107-127 (26.3 - 31.2%) -- 15.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Pulse
- Dazzling Gleam / Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Reflect / Helping Hand / Wish / Toxic

shaian

you love to see it
Definitely go for Moonblast rather than Dazzling Gleam, because the base power difference is actually 35, as the spread on Dazzling Gleam puts it at 75% of it's normal, as well, Aromatisse shouldn't be used for damage outside very few scenarios, so maximizing what it can do is much more important. The EV's you have right now are fine, and for the last slot I would definitely run Reflect or Helping Hand, rather than Wish / Toxic. One thing to note about using Aromatisse though is that you'll often want to have it out with Camerupt so that bulky steels can't wall you, and Helping Hand + Heatwave can break through many defensive cores (Helping Hand + Heatwave followed by Heatwave + Heal Pulse is a frightening prospect).

Also to better illustrate the spread effect:
Singles Damage: 0 SpA Aromatisse Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 126-150 (59.4 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Doubles Damage:0 SpA Aromatisse Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 92-110 (43.3 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And why Moonblast is a better option:
0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 150-176 (70.7 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Definitely go for Moonblast rather than Dazzling Gleam, because the base power difference is actually 35, as the spread on Dazzling Gleam puts it at 75% of it's normal, as well, Aromatisse shouldn't be used for damage outside very few scenarios, so maximizing what it can do is much more important. The EV's you have right now are fine, and for the last slot I would definitely run Reflect or Helping Hand, rather than Wish / Toxic. One thing to note about using Aromatisse though is that you'll often want to have it out with Camerupt so that bulky steels can't wall you, and Helping Hand + Heatwave can break through many defensive cores (Helping Hand + Heatwave followed by Heatwave + Heal Pulse is a frightening prospect).

Also to better illustrate the spread effect:
Singles Damage: 0 SpA Aromatisse Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 126-150 (59.4 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Doubles Damage:0 SpA Aromatisse Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 92-110 (43.3 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

And why Moonblast is a better option:
0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Conkeldurr: 150-176 (70.7 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Thanks Shaian,

Once again really helpful advice, but still, I'm awfully torn between the choice of Reflect and Helping Hand. So for now I think Reflect helps me get a little more bulk to set up maybe 1 more trick room but you make helping hand sound so convincing and it actually is very useful in my opinion. That 1.5x boost does really make a difference in doubles. Cause for now I only have 1 screen setter which is Rotom-W, so I guess you could say I'm put in a dilemma. Because once Aromatisse is down I have practically no cleric support. So I think I would go with Reflect. Any thoughts of my choice, or do you think it's wise enough? This will be the final change I make I guess, once again thank you for aiding my in my team building. I'm not that much of a veteran when it comes to team building, so I need a little help, hope you don't mind me taking up your precious time.

My opinion is definitely go for Helping Hand. With such a limited amount of turns, you need to hit hard and quickly; too much time can't be spent on defensive measures thanks to the 5 turn limit on Trick Room.

I'd also suggest running Safety Goggles on it. Taunt and Spore are the two main ways people delay the set up of Trick Room, and Aromatisse is bulky enough to take advantage of it. I also slightly adjusted the EV Spread to 252 HP / 220 Defense / 36 Special Defense with a Relaxed Nature to be able to tank and Adamant Life Orb Iron Head from Bisharp. The slight health loss from Leftovers doesn't matter too much, as you should be playing Aromatisse pretty actively: switching it out when it's set up Trick Room and your team doesn't need Heal Pulse/Helping Hand direly.

Aromatisse @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse

Other than that, not much I want to change. Offensive and defensive synergy look pretty good; nice job.

shaian

you love to see it
Quiznos pretty much summed up everything I would have said, though I think you should definitely experiment with both move choices to see how they play, and go for the one which suits you better. Just some things to look out for, Helping Hand is a move tutor and if time is an issue and you don't have enough BP for it, you should definitely just go for Reflect, since last minute scrambling could throw you off at a tournament. Good luck at your tournament n_n7

My opinion is definitely go for Helping Hand. With such a limited amount of turns, you need to hit hard and quickly; too much time can't be spent on defensive measures thanks to the 5 turn limit on Trick Room.

I'd also suggest running Safety Goggles on it. Taunt and Spore are the two main ways people delay the set up of Trick Room, and Aromatisse is bulky enough to take advantage of it. I also slightly adjusted the EV Spread to 252 HP / 220 Defense / 36 Special Defense with a Relaxed Nature to be able to tank and Adamant Life Orb Iron Head from Bisharp. The slight health loss from Leftovers doesn't matter too much, as you should be playing Aromatisse pretty actively: switching it out when it's set up Trick Room and your team doesn't need Heal Pulse/Helping Hand direly.

Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse

Other than that, not much I want to change. Offensive and defensive synergy look pretty good; nice job.
Thank you for that compliment will do Sir Quiznos :) Thank you for the changes you have made for my team, same for Shaian, thank you for spending your time helping me. Really appreciate it. Will try my best to win the competition, although it during 3rd January, but I did better get prepared for it first right. Better safe than sorry as they always say, well I better start breeding now :) Once again I'm really grateful for all the help since my first RMT was up n_n7

Just pointing out Knock Off kills Dusclops slowly

Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse
Usually does work better

shaian

you love to see it
It's all matchup dependant. If your opponent is bringing a rain team, for example, Rotom-W and Bisharp + Two setters is your best bet since Landorus and Camerupt are liabilities.

Hi, this team looks solid, but you may want to replace Duaclops with TR Chandelure. It makes your team a bit ground weak defensively but the offence that Chandelure has is much more useful. Tr Chandy is good because it is immune to Fake Out and can run a sash, so it can almost guarantee to get TR up. Try it if you want. The downside is that mega Swampert can have a field day against the team though if you fail at setting Trick Room up.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Less Potent Rates that may not Work as Well
These rates work in theory, but you will probably want to test them thoroughly in friendlies before you try it out in a tournament or on the ladder.
Another thing I want to add (not sure how to do it well, I don't do trick room much myself) is that you generally want priority or a fast mon or two on the team to function well when Trick Room isn't set up. Talonflame comes to mind, but it stacks the water weakness on the team. Scizor could work just as well over Bisharp (maybe). It has powerful priority and still hits the psychics that opposing TR uses hard with Bug Bite. It's a thought. You could run either Choice Banded or Lum Berry sets.

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Protect
The Lum Berry set is probably better. The moves are standard, but the trick is to surprise stuff that will try to status you.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- U-turn
Definitely the inferior of the two sets, but it has it's merits. It hits like a truck and it has U-Turn for scouting as well as bringing in Scrafty for the intimidate and softening the blow for a partner.

If you do the above rate, then maybe you could do Scrafty over Landoge? Scrafty is slower, has intimidate, Fake Out, is really bulky, and gives more Fighting coverage which is useful. It also isn't weak to water which is a plus.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

I'm lazy with my EV spreads FYI. There are better ones to run but they are a basic one to run for now. Also, your only supposed to bump a RMT once.

It's all matchup dependant. If your opponent is bringing a rain team, for example, Rotom-W and Bisharp + Two setters is your best bet since Landorus and Camerupt are liabilities.
Hmm true...I have to play flexibly when it comes down to that

Hi, this team looks solid, but you may want to replace Duaclops with TR Chandelure. It makes your team a bit ground weak defensively but the offence that Chandelure has is much more useful. Tr Chandy is good because it is immune to Fake Out and can run a sash, so it can almost guarantee to get TR up. Try it if you want. The downside is that mega Swampert can have a field day against the team though if you fail at setting Trick Room up.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Less Potent Rates that may not Work as Well
These rates work in theory, but you will probably want to test them thoroughly in friendlies before you try it out in a tournament or on the ladder.
Another thing I want to add (not sure how to do it well, I don't do trick room much myself) is that you generally want priority or a fast mon or two on the team to function well when Trick Room isn't set up. Talonflame comes to mind, but it stacks the water weakness on the team. Scizor could work just as well over Bisharp (maybe). It has powerful priority and still hits the psychics that opposing TR uses hard with Bug Bite. It's a thought. You could run either Choice Banded or Lum Berry sets.

Scizor @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Protect
The Lum Berry set is probably better. The moves are standard, but the trick is to surprise stuff that will try to status you.

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- U-turn
Definitely the inferior of the two sets, but it has it's merits. It hits like a truck and it has U-Turn for scouting as well as bringing in Scrafty for the intimidate and softening the blow for a partner.

If you do the above rate, then maybe you could do Scrafty over Landoge? Scrafty is slower, has intimidate, Fake Out, is really bulky, and gives more Fighting coverage which is useful. It also isn't weak to water which is a plus.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

I'm lazy with my EV spreads FYI. There are better ones to run but they are a basic one to run for now. Also, your only supposed to bump a RMT once.
I will try out Scizor and Scrafty, as for Chandy probably will skip it because I think Duslops servers as a defensive backbone and it will do quite well when it comes to sponging hits. Will tell you my observations and outcomes soon :)

After much playing on Showdown, I realised that Scrafty baits out Defiant Bisharp and also Competitive Milotic which really pose as a threat to my team considering the type match up. So that's something to take note and another thing would be whether to use Landorus-T over Rhyperior? Rhyperior does have physical bulk and also have solid rock but at the other hand Landorus-T does have access to intimidate and also it has a better base special defense so I'm kind of confused now for my choices.

Lastly regarding the moveset for Scizor, should I go for Bullet Punch or just Iron Head? Because Iron Head does OHKO 0 Defense invested Sylveon.

Thanks in advance, will be going for my competition tomorrow, really will appreciate those last minute help.

After much playing on Showdown, I realised that Scrafty baits out Defiant Bisharp and also Competitive Milotic which really pose as a threat to my team considering the type match up. So that's something to take note and another thing would be whether to use Landorus-T over Rhyperior? Rhyperior does have physical bulk and also have solid rock but at the other hand Landorus-T does have access to intimidate and also it has a better base special defense so I'm kind of confused now for my choices.

Lastly regarding the moveset for Scizor, should I go for Bullet Punch or just Iron Head? Because Iron Head does OHKO 0 Defense invested Sylveon.

Thanks in advance, will be going for my competition tomorrow, really will appreciate those last minute help.
Bullet punch is infinitely better because it has priority to mitigate scizor's otherwise bad speed.

Bullet punch is infinitely better because it has priority to mitigate scizor's otherwise bad speed.
But under a trick room, wouldn't I outspeed? And regarding the choice of Landorus and Rhyperior any thoughts Qazoo?

Edit : Oh and I added in the Chandelure because I need the offense more :D it really does help. Thanks.

Good point, thanks then. Regarding Rhyperior and Landorus-T? Any choice preference or which serves as a better offensive role on my team?

I'd say Landoge because it isn't as weak to water and has intimidate. Scrafty could still work too.
I swapped out Mega Camerupt for Chandelure, so I kinda need a New Mega, preferably a physical one that will work in a trick room. Was thinking of M-Mawile but it increases the fire weakness on my team. Because I have one extra slot, I now kinda have both Landoge and Scrafty in my team now :p. Thoughts, Qazoo? Thanks for replying on this thread by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)