Your nicks : Where are they from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I've had a ton of user names on PS. But eventually decided to go with Kasumi. Kasumi is Misty in the Japanese anime and Kasumi is also a character from a game I used to play 24/7 called Dead or Alive. I loved the character the most and eventually named myself like that.

Kasumi was taken on Smogon so I decided to add a ♥ to it.

I was playing on Pokemon Stadium for Nintendo 64, and had a muk with mimic against a fearow. Fearow used drill peck, and I used mimic. I then swept the remainder of the opponent's team with a drill peck Muk... also, the animation for Muk using drill peck in Pokemon Stadium is hilarious!

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
One day I felt like saying the word seagull over and over. I looked up what seagull was called in other languages and then threw a bunch of them into my status on MSN Messenger. I then started to notice that the Finnish translation looked really cool and decided to use it as my username at the forum I was on at the time. That was 8 years ago and I've never used another username again and people still message me every now and then, on various places, thinking I'm finnish.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I'm Canadian, and I wanted some part of my name to reflect that cause pride.
Also when I made my account, Showdown wasnt a thing, and WiFi was actually still played rofl

therefore, I'm TheCanadianWifier

One day, I was tired of playing on my nick, "superlaserchickon", and decided to come up with a new one.

However, I was running low on creativity, so I typed a quick "asdf" into the chat, because maybe? the name wasn't taken?

It still confuses me how I managed to mispell "asdf".

My 3 main alts and their stories:

S0me1 B0red-I am someone that is bored.
Meeper_Used_Meep-I used a crap tean on Meep_User, and don't like bad WL ratios.
YUA N008-Stands for Why (are) you a noob?

My name came from back when I was playing Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942. I used to go by Tankerbot (which I still do on some forums due to character limitations), but I soon got a hang of flying the attack helicopters in the game and took on the name "Apache Thunder". That's pretty much all there is to it. :D

My username comes from a BW 1v1 set I created when I first started playing: a PP stall Mew.
In the current 1v1 climate, that set easily got me to rank 1, so I changed my nick to 'Breaking Mew' and nicknamed my star player 'Break Me'; both because it was a shortened version of my own username, and because the Mew set was 'unbreakable'.

I honestly have no idea where my nick came from. But I think it might've been from when I was an avid player of hackmons
Other than that I can't remember anything really .-.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mine is from Pokemon Conquest. It's a region shaped like Arceus.

"Legend states that if any one warlord conquers all 17 kingdoms of Ransei, then the Pokémon who created Ransei will reveal itself".

I also knew nobody else would think of using the name >:^)

My second alt (as i have many) is Soul Burner. That came from me thinking about a Chandelure lol.

Last edited:
Back in the later days of Generation III, when Munchlax was first being introduced, I had the crazy idea of fusing the Pikachu sprite with a fanmade Munchlax sprite. I named it Pikalax and, well, the rest is history.

Where my name comes from is just my favorite color and my favorite pokemon. so complex. so that's where the "Yellow Skarmory" Name comes from. my other name i use on non-pokemon related things, xpzm3, is just a bunch of random letters/numbers

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
My name is pretty simple. I'm a pretty damn adamant person (who can't spell right now,) and my favorite Pokemon is Zoroark.

Adamant Zoroark. There you go. And Adamant is even a nature in-game, so whenever you use an Adamant-natured Zoroark? That's me, bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)