Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

My ORAS Rayquaza was Adamant with perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Atk., and Speed. Was not even trying. The sad thing is, MRay was banned so now I have nothing to do with it except run around in battle spot killing things. So far I have decided on a SD set with Haban Berry and Dragon Ascent/EQ/ESpeed as the attacking moves. Also, how do you know exactly what the other IVs that the Judge does not mention are? In my case HP Defense and Sp. Def.

Normal Ray is still very good and Adamant is still a great Nature to have. If the defensive stats are high (they needn't be perfect), then it's definitely useable.

Have you used it in battles where it gains experience? If so, try resetting the EVs for HP/Def/SpD, then run calcs on the 0-EV stats at Rayquaza's current level.

With the new HP mechanics, (and Heat Wave being available again) I really don't care for HP Ice on Zapdos, I was just looking for one for VGC, since mine was stuck in Y since forever.

Today I went to SR, and I got a Bold 30/30/31/31/30/31. It's for VGC, as I said. Should I keep it, or should I keep looking for an all 31?

as vgc uses level 50, and not 100, the difference between 30 and 31 is negligible (zapdos has the same level 50 stats for 30 and 31 IVs) so if you want a bulky zapdos, thats a keeper. if you were looking for a more offensive pokemon, as is the vgc standard for zapdos, then you really ought to go for timid however

as vgc uses level 50, and not 100, the difference between 30 and 31 is negligible (zapdos has the same level 50 stats for 30 and 31 IVs) so if you want a bulky zapdos, thats a keeper. if you were looking for a more offensive pokemon, as is the vgc standard for zapdos, then you really ought to go for timid however
Thanks. I want something bulkier, since this meta has a lot of offensive weapons, and the bulkier mons generally get the W.

That was what I was looking for.

You saved my day, monsieur.

Thundurus - #642 (Calm) : 31 / 6 - 7 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 Hidden Power Fire

This is for VGC... does hp fire have any use for thundurus? Usually they use Tbolt, Twave, Taunt, and HPIce/Protect/Swagger...

Should I keep or toss and try for an HP Ice?

SM979

dank memes
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thundurus - #642 (Calm) : 31 / 6 - 7 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 Hidden Power Fire

This is for VGC... does hp fire have any use for thundurus? Usually they use Tbolt, Twave, Taunt, and HPIce/Protect/Swagger
HP Fire Thundurus is practically useless; it gets Incinerate, which is slightly better in VGC, because it consumes berries. Never use either of those moves on Thundurus, however. I'd reset if I were you. Good luck!

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Although it doesn't have HP Ice, I would still keep that. It can run Swagger in the HP Ice slot which is what I would do with it. Very nice catch!

^
I think I might reset... Gonna think for a while...

EDIT: DS ran out of battery so I guess that decided it for me!
Toss =D

Last edited:
#381 Latios [Timid] IVs: 22 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31
I think this isn't a keeper, what you think? It's HP is ground
Edit: Just found out difference in HP is like 3% at lvl100 and 1% at lvl50 so now I'm leaning towards keep

Last edited:
#381 Latios [Timid] IVs: 22 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31
I think this isn't a keeper, what you think? It's HP is ground
Edit: Just found out difference in HP is like 3% at lvl100 and 1% at lvl50 so now I'm leaning towards keep
It's good considering the rest of the stats! Forget about the Hidden Power though haha. No need :)

Life Orb recoil is 10% of HP, rounded down. I'm guessing 29 HP IVs leaves you with xx9 HP, which amounts to 1 less damage per LO Attack. I guess that's better than having 2 more HP.

Yeah I'm keeping it, thanks by the way. I saw the guide mentioning using 29 HP iv's because of Life orb recoil, what does that mean? It seems to make it's HP odd, is that why?
Np, and nope...that's a misconception! It has nothing to do with odd or even... well, sort of. It's because with 31 IV, Latios has a max HP of 301, so for 29 IV, the max HP would be 299. Life Orb deals 10% of the user's max HP to the user, so for 299, that's 29.9, but damage is always rounded down, so Latios would take 29 damage instead of 30 were it to have 301 HP. So it's not really a big deal haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)