ORAS OU Mega-Beedrill Based VoltTurn Team (HELP PLEASE!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Team

Hey Smogon! Here is my attempt at making an Mega-Beedrill based team. The only members I'm unsure about is Sylveon. She does her job well but sometimes I wish she was a much more offensive mon like Greninja. I'm open to any suggestions

Team Building Process

With the release of ORAS, Beedrill received a fantastic ability and an amazing boost to both its Atk and Spd; however, it can't sweep directly because of its fragility, so at first it needs to make pressure to the opponent's team and only at a later time it can close the match.

A Volt-Turn is the most suitable type of team to allow Beedrill-M to sweep, and its best partner is certainly Defensive Rotom-W. They have a great offensive and also defensive synergy, and Rotom-W takes care of bird spam and priority users, like Bullet Punch Scizor, Aqua Jet Azumarill and Ice Shard Mamoswine, considering Beedrill-M is litterally distroyed by them. Moreover Rotom-W, with its "slow" Volt Switch, allows Beedrill to switch-in easily.

Stealth Rock are needful in any team, more in a Volt-Turn. Also it's needed someone that hinders Excadrill and other phisical attackers. So the third member of my Volt-Turn is Landorus-T.

With the ever so popular Lead Landorus-T, I needed and answer that could give my entire team great coverage. Heatran was the perfect answer. It checks wrecks Landorus-T on the switch, opposing Heatran, and Birdspam too.

At the same time, it's necessary to have a Defogger/Spinner that removes hazards from the field, because of many switch. Latias is the perfect pokemon. Infact, as Landorus-T covers at phisical side, Latias is a great counter of most special threaths, like Char-Y, Keldeo and Rotom-W.

Lastly, I needed a cleric that could give my win conditions and second wind. She also helps me not get swept.

Team Details

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper --> Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

With the release of ORAS, Beedrill received a fantastic ability and an amazing boost to both its Atk and Spd; now it has one of the strongest unboosted U-Turn in the tier (exceeded only by Band Adamant Scizor), able to hit hard anything not resist Bug, while gives momentum to the team. Poison Jab, like U-Turn, is boosted by both STAB and Adaptibility, hits Fairy and allows Beedrill-M to clean up weakened teams in late game. Drill Run hits Heatran and Magnezone 4x super effectively, which resist both STAB moves. Protect is needed to megaevolve in whatever situation, also to scout for priority moves, like Fake Out Lopunny-M and Bullet Punch Metagross-M. A Jolly Nature is required to outspeed Lopunny-M, Manectric-M and Altaria-M after a DDance, Scarfed Pokemon with 80 Base Speed like Gardevoir and Medicham and also to speed tie with Sceptile-M

Rotom (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Beedrill-M's best partner is certainly Defensive Rotom-W. They have a great offensive and also defensive synergy, and Rotom-W takes care of bird spam and priority users, like Bullet Punch Scizor, Aqua Jet Azumarill and Ice Shard Mamoswine, considering Beedrill-M is litterally distroyed by them. Moreover Rotom-W, with its "slow" Volt Switch, allows Beedrill to switch-in easily. Hydro Pump hits bulky grounds like Landorus-T and Hippowdon, while Will-O-Wisp is very useful against Scizor and other physical attackers. Pain Slit provides recovery. 252 HP EVs lets it reach a Leftovers number, 44 Spe Evs are used to outspeed Jolly Azumarill. The rest is put in Def to more physical bulk.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

My Lead. Landorus gets Rocks up and piles a good deal of pressure on opponents with its great bulk plus Intimidate and the fact that it's not certain whether you're running lead, Scarfed or some other weird set. It acts as a much better U-Turner as well, being able to deal more damage and keeps momentum much more effectively.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Ancient Power

Heatran is the ultimate Lando bait, it can lure them in to neuter them on the switch with HP Ice which is an OHKO on Scarfed Lando after Rocks and you can outspeed non-Scarfed Landos and finish them off with two hits. Heatran can also deal with Birdspam too, he can take a +2 Brave Bird from SD Talonflame nicely and hit back with Ancient Power for the kill. I picked Earth Power over Flash Cannon in order to deal with other Heatran. Beedrill can handle the fairies with poison jab.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Lastly, due to the many switches that occur in a Volt-Turn team, it is mandatory to have a mon that removes hazards from the field consistently; Latias is the perfect pokemon. With a mix of bulky/offensiveness, it's a great counter of most special threaths in the tier, like Char-Y, Keldeo and Rotom-W. STABs Draco Meteor and Psyshock do heavy damage to anything, while Haealing Wish gives it my win conditions a second wind.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

My cleric. Clefable's ability to check or counter the likes of Garchomp, Manaphy, Thundurus, Swords Dance Talonflame, Mega Tyranitar, Azumarill, Kyurem-B, Dragonite, Latios, Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Suicune, and Breloom, as well as soft check many other setup sweepers courtesy of its defensive typing and Unaware, makes it invaluable on these sorts of teams. Clefable is best brought out to check the above threats, and may be done so at nearly any moment of the match.​

Last edited:
solid team m8 i like beedrill alot but one thing you should change is to put clefable over sylveon. Clef helps you not get swept and put a stop to bd azu I also suggest scarf keldeo over heatran to beat greninja and bisharp. Since tran is you lose fire typing one mon that fits your team really well is sd talonflame. It provides priority which you lack and sets up on ferrothorn and heatran sick fyah bird tbh.

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
Happiness: 0
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Swords Dance

enough speed to outspeed pinsir and has reasonable bulk to set up on opposing trans. Brave bird is your choice of attacks since you already set up on ferro and beat it 1v1. The speed is enough for you to always out speed jolly mega pinsir.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

nice stop to dd dnite,bd azu and other shit. I dont like heal bell clef but looking at your sylveon i just copied its set and out it on clef since i didnt want further discussion. Clef does the job better.

Team atm-

Pent

dumb broad
Hey! This is a nice team, and MBeedrill is really overpower imo. But, some changes could be made to this team, so here they are.

First of all, I would change Latias' Roost to Healing Wish so you can get extra recovery on Beedrill when you're either low on HP, or Sylveon is down.
Speaking of Sylveon, I wouldn't run a Physically Defensive set since Sylveon has terrible defense. If you run Healing Wish Latias, I would run something like Unaware Clefable for more of a defensive Pokemon.
You have no Special Walls to your team. If you don't want to change Sylveon, run a EV Spread of 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def with a Calm Nature, you wall Pokemon a bit better this way.
I would replace Ancient Power with Flash Cannon for Fairies on Heatran, Pokemon like MDiancie are weakened a lot more this way. Here's the Calc.

252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 592-700 (245.6 - 290.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since you outspeed with a Choice Scarf, this would help more, while Earth Power isn't guaranteed to OHKO.

252+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 222-262 (92.1 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

50% Chance to OHKO is a bit less intimidating than Guaranteed.

252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Diancie: 388-460 (160.9 - 190.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even at Max Special Defense you OHKO.

If you use Unaware Clefable, use the set above.

Other than that, the team looks good.

Hope it helps. n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)