All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Some bugs can be seen in this match. This is GSC btw.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2oubeta-93688865

1 - Leech Seed sometimes does not leech and sometimes it leeches at the wrong time.
2 - Protect has a bug. After one use, it protects the user until it moves again. So if the opponent is faster it protects me twice with just one use.
Fixed this.

Another bug in GSC on Showdown: Leech Seed doesn't sap if the affected Pokémon doesn't attack in that turn due to, for example, being fully paralyzed, being fast asleep, etc.
Happened in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2oubeta-98847996
Also I was able to get a substitute up on the same turn where my opponent's Pokémon fainted due to poison and my Pokémon moved after him. Normally the turn should've ended right there without me getting the substitute up.
This is fixed as well.

Also I fixed the status + baton pass bug someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.
Can you guys test GSC on PS to see what's lacking after all the latest changes I've done?

joim, you forgot to fix this bug in gen1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1ou-196056869
turns 5-7
Basically what is happening is if you use a move that needs to charge the first round, and you KO something with said move it will be forced into a screen where you must use that move again, however it's just a wasted turn, because as you see in turn 7, I'm back on the move select screen, and could use a different move even though it said i was charging for sky attack (it wasn't).

This bug is relevant to any move which needs a charge up round. (fly,dig,skullbash,sky attack,solar beam) idk if there is any others.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Gengar used Explosion!
It's not very effective... The opposing Jirachi lost 33% of its health!

Gengar fainted!

The opposing Jirachi used Wish!

this is wrong in adv, the pkmn exploded on doesnt move
I need more info on this, since gen 3 is the one I don't know anything of. Explosion should not end the turn as residual still happens on gen 3 afaik, does it mean the Pokémon exploded on does not move, but all residuals happen anyways when the new Pokémon switches in?

Joim

Pixels matter
in adv, if something dies, sand/leftovers/status take place after the next pokemon is sent out. in dpp and onwards, it looks like this:

turn 5
tyranitar used crunch
gengar died
tyranitar restored hp with leftovers
tyranitar got hurt by its burn
x sent out swampert
turn 6

which is how it currently is in adv on ps. it should be:

turn 5
tyranitar used crunch
gengar died
x sent out swampert
tyranitar got hurt by its burn
swampert restored hp with leftovers
turn 6
Fixed this.

I need more info on this, since gen 3 is the one I don't know anything of. Explosion should not end the turn as residual still happens on gen 3 afaik, does it mean the Pokémon exploded on does not move, but all residuals happen anyways when the new Pokémon switches in?
yes. so, using the gengar exploding on jirachi scenario, jirachi's move is canceled. let's say swampert comes out afterwards; he and jirachi both get leftovers recovery, jirachi takes burn damage, then the turn ends.

just so there's absolute clarity: if something were to come out after the explosion that died to sand/status, the turn would end there, and the next mon sent out wouldn't have anything happen (this might be used so your 1% poisoned mon got one last hit off, for example).

Joim

Pixels matter
I just tested it on PS main and it works exactly like that. The scenario is: Gengar, Jirachi, full heath, both leftovers, Blastoise, Swampert, both posioned, at 5 HP. Sandstorm is active.

Turn 3
Gengar used Explosion!
It's not very effective... The opposing Jirachi lost 38% of its health!
Gengar fainted!
Go! Blastoise!
The sandstorm is raging.
Blastoise is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Blastoise fainted!
Go! Swampert!
Turn 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)