Battle Maison Discussion & Records

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the tips :). I only open with EQ if EQ hits super-effectively (when PuP doesn't) or the opponent is ghost type, meaning no PuP or Return. Generally it goes PuP then return (or another PuP if I think it'll KO), and occasionally I'll use return straight off if I feel too threatened by the opponent (fast, frail mon that I don't want to spend more than one turn with). I'll probably switch out Sacred Sword for Shadow Sneak as it doesn't get used much, but I'm a little iffy on the Weakness policy - I'll try it out and then see which I like more. I'm definitely planning to return to Super Singles later, maybe between breeding for doubles/triples/whatever and IDK, maybe just because :P
You can hold off mega evolving against some lead ghosts to get a +1 with Power-Up Punch (because of Scrappy) and either stay unevolved to hit with Return or Mega Evolve and use Sucker Punch if you believe they'll attack. Just don't do it against ghosts that like to throw things like Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave around... Oh believe me, I'm a huge advocate for Leftovers on Aegislash but like I said, Physical Aegi makes better use of it (and is in my opinion much better in the Maison in general than special Aegi, whereas special Aegi kills it over physical sets on Battle Spot etc.). I know several users have had success here with Weakness Policy special Aegi so that's why I recommended it.

Thanks for the tips :). I only open with EQ if EQ hits super-effectively (when PuP doesn't) or the opponent is ghost type, meaning no PuP or Return. Generally it goes PuP then return (or another PuP if I think it'll KO), and occasionally I'll use return straight off if I feel too threatened by the opponent (fast, frail mon that I don't want to spend more than one turn with). I'll probably switch out Sacred Sword for Shadow Sneak as it doesn't get used much, but I'm a little iffy on the Weakness policy - I'll try it out and then see which I like more. I'm definitely planning to return to Super Singles later, maybe between breeding for doubles/triples/whatever and IDK, maybe just because :P
When Kangaskhan has Scrappy, it means yes to PuP/Return on ghosts. The vast majority of fast, frail stuff can be dealt with by PuP followed by Sucker Punch, which involves taking the same number of hits as you would by using Return the first turn. You can throw super effective out the window as far as Kangaskhan's concerned because if it can get to +1/+2 on the first turn without being statused or losing significantly more than half of its health, only ghosts with status moves and faster fighting types are stopping it.

ORAS update for the spreadsheet (NoCheese i will edit anything pertinent into my original post so you don't need to update the OP).
Open Office
Microsoft Excel

sadly, there is little to update for ORAS- just a bunch of renamed trainers. on the upside, there is little reason to have separate spreadsheets for XY and ORAS as a result, so this is compatible with XY and ORAS maison. renamed trainers have their new names slashed second on the Trainers sheet. since we have had to find out renamed trainers by encountering them ingame (and analyzing their teams from there), our efforts have naturally been towards cataloging the battle 40+ trainers. as a result, while i am well aware they exist, renamed trainers before battle 40 are not in this update. it's not ideal, but i'd rather get out an update with the most important renamed trainers added than wait for a full datamine. granted, even the 40+ trainers may be incomplete, so please let me know if you find any trainers after battle 40 not on this sheet (accompanying battle video would be appreciated)!

i also added a new feature:

here we have jai, who can use any of the four maison sets for his pokemon.

now if we type in a move in any of the four cells above each pokemon's moves, it automatically hides any sets that don't contain that move.

you can also filter out sets by hold item (type them in the cells above the hold items), and by combination of moves (and move+item, but that's not shown here).

Following the advice of turskain, I got myself a Mega Slowbro and can confirm that it completely destroys Morgan, just in case anyone else is looking for a safe way to beat her. Crit hax is out of the question, so you're free to boost to +6 in Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I chose Shadow Ball as my Slowbro's offensive move because it isn't resisted by any of Morgan's Pokemon.

The set:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 122-144 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 165-195 (99.3 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 198-233 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. +3 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 98-116 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I actually grabbed a critical hit against Virizion and OHKO'd all the musketeers (that's my revenge for the fatal critical hit I got in the previous battle against Morgan). Cobalion is always OHKO'd at +6 with 4 Sp. Attack investment so you don't have to worry about Metal Burst. Cobalion can't even hit M-Slowbro with Metal Burst because the move has neutral priority instead of negative and Slowbro is always slower than Cobalion. Latias can possibly be a problem if it manages to get to +6 Sp. Defense or stalls out Shadow Ball's PP by spamming Recover (and it tried that against me), but this is very unlikely. It got to +3 against me and eventually lost due to a Sp. Defense drop from Shadow Ball. Nevertheless, I'd recommend carrying some powerful physical attacker or maybe Perish Song with you as a plan B against Latias.

+6 0 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. +6 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 63-75 (31.1 - 37.1%) -- 77.8% chance to 3HKO

+6 252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 31-37 (15.3 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 60-72 (29.7 - 35.6%) -- 14.4% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
Following the advice of turskain, I got myself a Mega Slowbro and can confirm that it completely destroys Morgan, just in case anyone else is looking for a safe way to beat her. Crit hax is out of the question, so you're free to boost to +6 in Defense, Sp. Attack, and Sp. Defense. I chose Shadow Ball as my Slowbro's offensive move because it isn't resisted by any of Morgan's Pokemon.

The set:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 122-144 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Terrakion: 165-195 (99.3 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion: 198-233 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 4 SpA Mega Slowbro Shadow Ball vs. +3 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 98-116 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I actually grabbed a critical hit against Virizion and OHKO'd all the musketeers (that's my revenge for the fatal critical hit I got in the previous battle against Morgan). Cobalion is always OHKO'd at +6 with 4 Sp. Attack investment so you don't have to worry about Metal Burst. Latias can possibly be a problem if it manages to get to +6 Sp. Defense or stalls out Shadow Ball's PP by spamming Recover (and it tried that against me), but this is very unlikely. It got to +3 against me and eventually lost due to a Sp. Defense drop from Shadow Ball. Nevertheless, I'd recommend carrying some powerful physical attacker or maybe Perish Song with you as a plan B against Latias.

+6 0 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. +6 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 63-75 (31.1 - 37.1%) -- 77.8% chance to 3HKO

+6 252 Atk Terrakion Rock Slide vs. +6 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 31-37 (15.3 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 60-72 (29.7 - 35.6%) -- 14.4% chance to 3HKO
Nice! Way to go, Mega Slowbro. I actually looked into this when we were talking about Cresselia. It turns out Metal Burst wouldn't be threatening to Mega Slowbro (or Cresselia), because it has 0 priority, as opposed to the negative priority of Counter and Mirror Coat. That means it just fails against any Pokemon slower than Cobalion (or whoever uses it), which is why that Cobalion set runs a Brave nature.

When looking into rotations, I thought I'd make a belly drum team because of the immediate heal from a wish-passer, and the immense power behind +6 attack. I came up with the following:

Sylveon - Lum berry
Bold
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
-wish
-safeguard
-moonblast
-protect

Safeguard turn 1, lum berry is to assure that i get it off. Wish support. Moonblast in case of taunt.

Charizard - Charizardite X
Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
-belly drum
-dragon claw
-fire punch
-thunder punch

The key here is surviving belly drum. I'm going all out Defensive to minimize going down without a fight. Thunder punch over EQ for bulky waters.

Bronzong - Light clay
Careful
252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
-toxic
-reflect
-light screen
-iron head

Screens if i don't think charizard can survive a belly drum. With levitate, bronzong resists everything super effective on charizard x, so it can safely set up. Iron Head in case of taunt. paired with wish sylveon, toxic stalling seems like a viable option in sticky situations.

Greninja - Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-surf
-dark pulse
-ice beam
-grass knot

Solid backup, easily takes care of rock/ground types that threaten charizard. Special attacker for synergy with physical charizard. Ice beam takes care of fast dragons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for some feedback, I was pretty hasty in making this team, and i want to be sure of it before I make it. Once again, this is Rotations, not Doubles.

I'm very new to Maison and I'm shooting for around 50-100 in Super Singles to start out, since I've never EV trained before this generation and just got my Singles team together yesterday. I'm currently using standard SubRoost M-Mence as my lead, standard ScarfChomp to clean up, and standard LO Bisharp to switch in on anything that hurts my dragons too badly. I don't really know how successful standard OU builds are in the Maison, but I do notice that a lot of the top XY Singles teams (that didn't use Durant) were M-Kanga centric, so I figured I'd just go for the new most broken thing of the generation.

So far I haven't had too big of a problem, but I'm only at around 30 or so. My previous streak was 28 but I lost due to making some stupid decisions with Bisharp and getting swept by a Nasty Plot Crobat + flinch hax. Salamence is usually enough to 3-0 on his own, whereas Bisharp switches in on pretty much anything that Salamence doesn't like setting up on. Mence is also pretty tanky, so she's good at stalling out the Rain or TR teams I've come across so far.

However, I see myself potentially having trouble with Walrein, which I've read horror stories about - as well as Terrakion when I get to the Chatelaine. Another issue is that the team is purely physical, so physical walls might also give me trouble, though I don't know how common those are. I'm also debating whether Scarf Lando-T would be better over Garchomp, or even a defensive Leftovers Lando-T as a defensive pivot.

Oh, and the team itself is really as standard as possible, but here it is written down for convenience:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 120 HP / 236 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I'm very new to Maison and I'm shooting for around 50-100 in Super Singles to start out, since I've never EV trained before this generation and just got my Singles team together yesterday. I'm currently using standard SubRoost M-Mence as my lead, standard ScarfChomp to clean up, and standard LO Bisharp to switch in on anything that hurts my dragons too badly. I don't really know how successful standard OU builds are in the Maison, but I do notice that a lot of the top XY Singles teams (that didn't use Durant) were M-Kanga centric, so I figured I'd just go for the new most broken thing of the generation.

So far I haven't had too big of a problem, but I'm only at around 30 or so. My previous streak was 28 but I lost due to making some stupid decisions with Bisharp and getting swept by a Nasty Plot Crobat + flinch hax. Salamence is usually enough to 3-0 on his own, whereas Bisharp switches in on pretty much anything that Salamence doesn't like setting up on. Mence is also pretty tanky, so she's good at stalling out the Rain or TR teams I've come across so far.

However, I see myself potentially having trouble with Walrein, which I've read horror stories about - as well as Terrakion when I get to the Chatelaine. Another issue is that the team is purely physical, so physical walls might also give me trouble, though I don't know how common those are. I'm also debating whether Scarf Lando-T would be better over Garchomp, or even a defensive Leftovers Lando-T as a defensive pivot.

Oh, and the team itself is really as standard as possible, but here it is written down for convenience:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Walrein 4 isn't a problem at all; thanks to Substitute, Salamence uses it as set-up bait once it stalls out its Sheer Cold (unless it hits five times in a row, but if it hits four times in a row, I would just switch to something else on the fifth one, then switch back to Salamence). It's literally a free +6/+6 on Mega Salamence, which is nearly a guaranteed win. Terrakion shouldn't be a problem either; you can just switch to Garchomp on the Rock-type move and KO it with Earthquake. I'd be much more concerned with Ice-type moves, since Salamence is a magnet for them and they can freeze Bisharp on the switch-in. You may want to consider Lum Berry on Bisharp for that reason. That way, it would be a pretty reliable switch-in on Froslass, who is a particularly big threat due to the risk of freeze hax.

Walrein 4 isn't a problem at all; thanks to Substitute, Salamence uses it as set-up bait once it stalls out its Sheer Cold (unless it hits five times in a row, but if it hits four times in a row, I would just switch to something else on the fifth one, then switch back to Salamence). It's literally a free +6/+6 on Mega Salamence, which is nearly a guaranteed win. Terrakion shouldn't be a problem either; you can just switch to Garchomp on the Rock-type move and KO it with Earthquake. I'd be much more concerned with Ice-type moves, since Salamence is a magnet for them and they can freeze Bisharp on the switch-in. You may want to consider Lum Berry on Bisharp for that reason. That way, it would be a pretty reliable switch-in on Froslass, who is a particularly big threat due to the risk of freeze hax.
Got it, thanks a lot! Is the security from Lum Berry worth the loss of Life Orb? Also, in a few of my previous encounters with Froslass, I've noted that she outspeeds Bisharp - isn't this an issue?

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
I think running two Dragon-types in a Singles team is a bad idea in the Maison, with Ice attacks and Fairy-types running rampant. For this set-up in particular, Togekiss4 OHKOes all three Pokémon with 252+ Expert Belt Dazzling Gleam and Aura Sphere and survives Aerilate Return from Mega Salamence, so you will have to sac Megamence to take it down and probably lose outright if Mence isn't alive when it comes out. As VaporeonIce said, Bisharp eating a freeze will also spell your doom - and if you run Lum Berry, you lose a lot of power and start missing KOs on things like Regice which will then KO it back with Focus Blast.

I recommend scrapping Garchomp for something that doesn't share those weaknesses - Azumarill, Suicune and others are options, but note that a Mega Salamence carrying only Return will have trouble against threats like Tyrantrum4, which deals massive damage even after Intimidate and outspeeds Bisharp:

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 66-78 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

Howewer, a Water-type would leave you vulnerable to a variety of Flying resists with MegaMence not carrying Earthquake, particularly against Electric-types that will blast the water hose into oblivion. Frankly, I'm not sold on lead MegaMence in Singles - both Lum Multiscale Dragonite and Lum Haxorus seem like more reliable options for Dragon Dance leads. It may be Uber in competitive like MegaKhan is, but the Maison is a different ball game.

I think running two Dragon-types in a Singles team is a bad idea in the Maison, with Ice attacks and Fairy-types running rampant. For this set-up in particular, Togekiss4 OHKOes all three Pokémon with 252+ Expert Belt Dazzling Gleam and Aura Sphere and survives Aerilate Return from Mega Salamence, so you will have to sac Megamence to take it down and probably lose outright if Mence isn't alive when it comes out. As VaporeonIce said, Bisharp eating a freeze will also spell your doom - and if you run Lum Berry, you lose a lot of power and start missing KOs on things like Regice which will then KO it back with Focus Blast.

I recommend scrapping Garchomp for something that doesn't share those weaknesses - Azumarill, Suicune and others are options, but note that a Mega Salamence carrying only Return will have trouble against threats like Tyrantrum4, which deals massive damage even after Intimidate and outspeeds Bisharp:

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 66-78 (47.1 - 55.7%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO

Howewer, a Water-type would leave you vulnerable to a variety of Flying resists with MegaMence not carrying Earthquake, particularly against Electric-types that will blast the water hose into oblivion. Frankly, I'm not sold on lead MegaMence in Singles - both Lum Multiscale Dragonite and Lum Haxorus seem like more reliable options for Dragon Dance leads. It may be Uber in competitive like MegaKhan is, but the Maison is a different ball game.
I was worried about a lot of this, and I have noticed the glaring Fairy-type weakness that Bisharp also doesn't like switching into. In the scenario you described regarding Togekiss, I would probably end up sacrificing M-Mence and then revenging with Chomp, but that's not a pretty scenario at all. I definitely agree that Garchomp is the best member to remove from the team, but I'm having trouble coming up with a decent Fairy switch in that doesn't get slaughtered by Head Smash or add to my pool of glaring weaknesses. Is EQ worth running over Substitute or Roost on Salamence?

Oh, shout-out to VaporeonIce for the Lum Berry suggestion which potentially saved my ass against Gothitelle4 on battle 49.

Hello folks, currently on 50wins in Super Doubles (ORAS), I (probably) do not plan to continue for a higher streak this as this is my least favorite facility out of the 5 super, I decide to post nonetheless because after a few close tries, my team with Mega Lopunny (my favorite new mega) prevailed.

Video: QUZW-WWWW-WWWN-87EF

The team.

Thundurus(T)@Yache Berry - (Gen 5 DW version)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252/252/4 in SpAtk, Speed and HP respectively
Moves: Thunderbolt, Discharge, HP(Ice), Focus Blast

Garchomp Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252/252/4 in Atk/Speed/HP respectively
Moves: Iron Head, Rock Slide, EQ, Dragon Claw

(Mega) Lopunny@Lopunnite
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Limber > Scrappy
EVs: 252/252/4 in Atk/Speed/HP respectively
Moves: Fake Out, Ice Punch, Return, HJK *sticks middle finger @ 4 move syndrome*

Aegishlash Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVS: 252/252/4 in HP/Atk/Def respectively
Moves: Kings Shield, Sword Dance, Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword

Peace.

Finally got all 5 trophies. :)

I challenged myself on using different mega on each of the five modes, and just using new ones. Had some difficulties on singles (tried 4 times to finish with Mega Metagross, losing on late 40s...), and then changed to Mega Salamence, achieving in the first try. No difficulties on doubles, triples or rotation, and then some new difficulties on multi (tried to go with the female partner, than Wally, than achieved with Steven). The teams are below.

Singles:
- Salamance / Adamant / Atk/Spd / Mega Stone // Double-Edge / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Fire Fang
- Aegislash / Adamant / HP/Atk / Leftovers // King's Shield / Swords Dance / Shadow Sneak / Iron Head
- Scrafty (Intimidate) / Adamant / HP/Atk / Assault Vest // Drain Punch / Knock Off / Ice Punch / Iron Head

Doubles:
- Politoed (Drizzle) / Modest / SpAtk/Spd / Air Balloon // Protect / Scald / Ice Beam / Hidden Power (Grass)
- Swampert / Adamant / HP/Atk / Mega Stone // Earthquake / Waterfall / Protect / Ice Punch
- Scizor (Technician) / Adamant / HP/Atk / Leftovers // Bullet Punch / Superpower / Bug Bite / Protect
- Zapdos / Modest / SpAtk/Spd (and some HP, don't remeber) / Life Orb // Thunder / Discharge / Heat Wave / Hidden Power (Grass)

Triples:
- Cresselia / Bold / HP/SpDef / Mental Herb // Trick Room / Light Screen / Reflect / Helping Hand
- Camerupt / Modest / HP/SpAtk / Mega Stone // Protect / Eruption / Earth Power / Solar Beam
- Clawitzer / Modest / HP/SpAtk / Life Orb // Protect / Water Pulse / Dar Pulse / Aura Sphere
- Scizor (Technician) / Adamant / HP/Atk / Leftovers // Bullet Punch / Superpower / Bug Bite / Protect
- Scrafty (Intimidate) / Adamant / HP/Atk / Assault Vest // Drain Punch / Knock Off / Ice Punch / Iron Head
- Abomasnow / Quiet / HP/SpAtk / Choice Scarf // Blizzard / Energy Ball / Focus Blast / Protect

Rotation:
- Vaporeon (Water Absorb) / Bold / HP/Def / Leftovers // Surf / Heal Bell / Wish / Protect
- Dragonite (Multiscale) / Adamant / HP/Atk (some Spd) / Lum Berry // Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Protect
- Metagross / Adamant / Atk/Spd / Mega Stone // Hone Claws / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / Earthquake

Multi:
- Garchomp / Adamant / Atk/Spd / Life Orb // Earthquake / Rock Slide / Outrage / Protect
- Pidgeot / Modest / SpAtk/Spd / Mega Stone // Protect / Hurricane / Heat Wave / Hyper Beam
+ Steven's Aerodactyl and (Mega) Metagross (in this order)

Attachments

One cool thing about (Mega) Salamence is that it has Intimidate, which allows for some cool tricks. One weakness of your team, Jebus McAzn , is that Bisharp really wishes it were Aegislash instead. With Aegislash as back-up, Salamence can lower something's attack, switch to Aegislash on the Rock move (Head Smash especially), then you can switch back to Salamence on Earthquake and lower Attack again. Bisharp can do that too, but it isn't as bulky, giving it problems with Head Smash. One advantage that Mence has over Dragonite is that Mence can use Substitute while Dragonite can't, meaning Sala can block status moves multiple times while Dragonite is forced to attack after one boost.

This isn't exactly conventional, but what about Chansey as a third Pokemon? With Aegislash instead of Bisharp, you don't pile on Fighting weaknesses, and Chansey eats stuff like Togekiss and Froslass (along with other nuisances like Starmie 4) alive. Electric-types are a problem for Salamence+Aegislash, but Chansey can take down pretty much all of them, since so few are physical. Seismic Toss and Softboiled are given, and I'd probably pick Toxic for killing things. Seismic Toss will hit everything but Ghosts, though, so Toxic only really helps against Ghosts and Pokemon with recovery moves. You could run Aromatherapy to heal status, or you could use T-Wave or Icy Wind make the opponent slower than Salamence, then switch back to Salamence and use Sub to block status and set up. Then the thing I'd be most concerned about are bulky Ground-type Curse+Rest users like Swampert and Hippowdon, but Chansey could also use Charm for them, or you could switch-stall with Salamence to keep dropping their Attack with Intimidate (and use up their EQ PP). Other stat boosters like Swords Dance Terrakion are a bit of a concern for stallish teams like that one, but Salamence's Intimidate, along with MegaMence's awesome physical bulk, seems like it would really help. All Terrakion can do is throw out -1 Rock Slides until it boosts, and once it takes a turn to use SD, Mence can use Dragon Dance and kill it with Return.

Well, that's interesting.

The AI does not seem to recognize Defiant.

TF8W-WWWW-WWWN-9ZTL

It always knows when storm drain or lightning rod are on the field and will act accordingly, even if the mon could have another ability. But apparently it's not programmed to deal with defiant, and perhaps not competitive either.

Edit: Does not recognize Inner Focus either. What the hell man

C3WW-WWWW-WWWN-AXZV

Last edited:
One cool thing about (Mega) Salamence is that it has Intimidate, which allows for some cool tricks. One weakness of your team, Jebus McAzn , is that Bisharp really wishes it were Aegislash instead. With Aegislash as back-up, Salamence can lower something's attack, switch to Aegislash on the Rock move (Head Smash especially), then you can switch back to Salamence on Earthquake and lower Attack again. Bisharp can do that too, but it isn't as bulky, giving it problems with Head Smash. One advantage that Mence has over Dragonite is that Mence can use Substitute while Dragonite can't, meaning Sala can block status moves multiple times while Dragonite is forced to attack after one boost.

This isn't exactly conventional, but what about Chansey as a third Pokemon? With Aegislash instead of Bisharp, you don't pile on Fighting weaknesses, and Chansey eats stuff like Togekiss and Froslass (along with other nuisances like Starmie 4) alive. Electric-types are a problem for Salamence+Aegislash, but Chansey can take down pretty much all of them, since so few are physical. Seismic Toss and Softboiled are given, and I'd probably pick Toxic for killing things. Seismic Toss will hit everything but Ghosts, though, so Toxic only really helps against Ghosts and Pokemon with recovery moves. You could run Aromatherapy to heal status, or you could use T-Wave or Icy Wind make the opponent slower than Salamence, then switch back to Salamence and use Sub to block status and set up. Then the thing I'd be most concerned about are bulky Ground-type Curse+Rest users like Swampert and Hippowdon, but Chansey could also use Charm for them, or you could switch-stall with Salamence to keep dropping their Attack with Intimidate (and use up their EQ PP). Other stat boosters like Swords Dance Terrakion are a bit of a concern for stallish teams like that one, but Salamence's Intimidate, along with MegaMence's awesome physical bulk, seems like it would really help. All Terrakion can do is throw out -1 Rock Slides until it boosts, and once it takes a turn to use SD, Mence can use Dragon Dance and kill it with Return.
I do like the Aegislash idea, and I've got a Quiet 0 Speed Ditto sitting around so it shouldn't be too hard to get. I've been toying with the idea of a suicide lead and then using M-Mence and Aegislash to clean up - there was a post quite a while back about Destiny Bond Sharpedo that I thought was really cute, so I might try that out.

Do people generally use physical Aegislash in the Maison (are there any KOs that physical gets over special or vice-versa?) Would Special M-Mence be viable in singles, or would he not stack up as well compared to, say, a Greninja?

I do like the Aegislash idea, and I've got a Quiet 0 Speed Ditto sitting around so it shouldn't be too hard to get. I've been toying with the idea of a suicide lead and then using M-Mence and Aegislash to clean up - there was a post quite a while back about Destiny Bond Sharpedo that I thought was really cute, so I might try that out.

Do people generally use physical Aegislash in the Maison (are there any KOs that physical gets over special or vice-versa?) Would Special M-Mence be viable in singles, or would he not stack up as well compared to, say, a Greninja?
I swear by physical Aegislash, primarily because it can actually boost its stats. Aegislash is so bulky that it's REALLY easy to get to +6 against a lot of opponents (especially using the switch-stall approach to stall out EQ/Overheat PP), while +6 Shadow Sneak gets a surprising amount of KOs against relatively bulky foes (legendaries that don't invest in bulk, such as Thundurus, Moltres, etc. are usually OHKO'd by it, for example). Special Aegislash will take a hit and KO the opponent, but then it will be forced to switch out against anything with EQ because it simply can't afford taking another hit in addition to the ones it took while it was attacking. I'm sure it can work fine if you're just trying to get to 50 wins, but if you're going for longer streaks, I think it will let you down a lot. The fact that you have to switch out against any Fire-type (risking a burn for your switch-in) is a massive pain, especially given that physical Aegislash can OHKO the overwhelming majority of Fire-types with +6 Shadow Sneak.

You could try special MegaMence, but the fact that it doesn't have base 120 Speed on the turn it mega evolves, along with its relatively lack of power (120 base SpAtk with no Life Orb isn't great, particularly when you're relying on non-STAB moves for everything that resists Flying, and you have to use the lower BP Surf/Flamethrower for reliability). You could try it out, but I have a feeling you'll be disappointed often. It also lacks Greninja's ability to strategically change type to resist opposing attacks.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, that's interesting.

The AI does not seem to recognize Defiant.

TF8W-WWWW-WWWN-9ZTL

It always knows when storm drain or lightning rod are on the field and will act accordingly, even if the mon could have another ability. But apparently it's not programmed to deal with defiant, and perhaps not competitive either.

Edit: Does not recognize Inner Focus either. What the hell man

C3WW-WWWW-WWWN-AXZV
Yeah, I remember occasionally taking advantage of Fake Out users with Inner Focus Kangaskhan in my early Singles run, before I switched to Scrappy for better play against Ghost-types. What I wonder, however, is whether the AI recognizes those abilities after they've been activated once? This would align with Eppie's discovery concerning the AI and Sturdy.

Yeah, I remember occasionally taking advantage of Fake Out users with Inner Focus Kangaskhan in my early Singles run, before I switched to Scrappy for better play against Ghost-types. What I wonder, however, is whether the AI recognizes those abilities after they've been activated once? This would align with Eppie's discovery concerning the AI and Sturdy.
They probably do. It seems like they recognize type immunities and type magnets automatically, but other abilities have to trigger first. I wonder if it auto-recognizes Magic Bounce and Magic Guard.

I wonder if it auto-recognizes Magic Bounce and Magic Guard.
I used to think it auto-recognized Magic Guard from my partner intentionally burning me "huh, he must be giving me paralysis/sleep immunity..." but then I realised they do that to their partners needlessly, often at their own expense.

As for Magic Bounce, they don't immediately acknowledge it and will often accidentally taunt or status themselves.

I've also seen them repeatedly attempt to Taunt while Aroma Veil was active, as opposed to using it once just to trigger the message.

Got up to battle 128 on XY Maison Doubles. Here are some replays:

YSPG-WWWW-WWWN-BK2M (Proof of streak)

86ZG-WWWW-WWWN-BKDU (Close call)

UB7W-WWWW-WWWN-BKQW (IDK some battle)

FRSG-WWWW-WWWN-BM27 (Demonstrating Aggron's Power + Exploiting AI)

The Team:
Lead:

Falcon!!! (Staraptor) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Protect

Staraptor intimidates at the first turn to decrease physical super-effective attacks against Aggron and fire off Life-Orb boosted Brave Birds and Close Combats. U-turn is there so I can freely switch in one of my backup Pokemon if the opposing Pokemon doesn't have anything threatening. Although Staraptor has an Adamant nature, which makes it out-sped by Positive base 90's, it gives a needed boost to ensure a KO. (Trivia: this Pokemon was transferred from HGSS, so it has imperfect IVs except for attack and Speed. Surprising how it still manages to be useful for my team.)

Aggron (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Aggron is underrated, though it can either be a tricky Pokemon or a victory button at some cases. The combination of Weakness Policy and Sturdy allow it to survive Super-effective attacks with 1 HP (though in many cases, it still has enough HP even after an Earthquake or a fighting move) while getting a nice boost on Attack to fire off Rock-Slides. Iron Head is used so I can eliminate Rock and Fairy types that would wall my Fire Pokemon, although I'm considering changing it to Heavy Slam. Earthquake is a nice complement to Steel and Rock, in case there are Steel types that can survive Staraptor's Close Combat. Protect is an extremely useful move for Aggron because I can easily exploit the AI's targeting; if Aggron has 1 HP, the opposing Pokemon WILL attack it, unless there's a Pokemon on my side that would be OHKO by a super effective attack, which allows Aggron to attack it. (Trivia: it's one of my favorite Pokemon! :) )

Backup:

Typhlosion (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam

Typhlosion is to be used in combination with Mega Charizard Y, although I can use it at the start if it can have enough HP to fire Eruptions. Solarbeam is only used if Sun is out and as a last-resort against Water Types if any of my Pokemon are already Ko'ed. Flamethrower is used for consistency and a second option if there are opposing Flash-fire Pokemon or if Eruption's losing power. Extrasensory is mostly filler, but can be used against Tentacruels and Terrakions and a low Flinch chance. An essential Pokemon for Mega Charizard Y teams.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Protect

A lot of people already explained how Mega Charizard Y is an excellent Pokemon for Super Doubles. I use both Charizard and Typholsion at late game because I find that during Early battle, the Opponent leads with something that can threaten both of them. If I use both of these Pokemon at late game, it'll be easier for me to sweep them.

Well since I have ORAS, maybe I'll try to do my Maison doubles with a Mega-Salamence and Aggron lead. Two of my favorite Pokemon!

I just want to get 50 battles to fight Wally. Is Super Triples the easiest and quickest way? I'm thinking a team of Greninja/Mega-Blastoise/Talonflame/filler? Greninja/Aron/Garchomp/filler?

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just want to get 50 battles to fight Wally. Is Super Triples the easiest and quickest way? I'm thinking a team of Greninja/Mega-Blastoise/Talonflame/filler? Greninja/Aron/Garchomp/filler?
While an all-in offense singles or rotations team is probably a little faster per battle, a good triples team will be much more reliable. Greninja / Mega Blastoise / Talonflame with a reasonable back row will get you to 50 in around 2.5 hours of play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)