Silly Things You've Seen On The Ladder (UU Version)

Infestation Tentacruel is legit, but those other ones are much less legit. If you can trap something that Tentacruel isn't overly bothered by you can harass the shit out of it or setup a couple of T-Spikes easily.

Yeah, that makes sense. However, if you know that you are going to get sleeped and have infestation stalled out, then staying in wouldn't seem that viable. I see what you mean, though.
Also, has anyone else seen Zen Mode Darmanitan? I've seen some creative ways to try and lower his HP down to 50% (e.g will-o-wisp, substitute), and it is always funny when I see one using flamethrower and realize that it's Zen Darm.

Last edited:

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, that makes sense. However, if you know that you are going to get sleeped and have infestation stalled out, then staying in wouldn't seem that viable. I see what you mean, though.
Also, has anyone else seen Zen Mode Darmanitan? I've seen some creative ways to try and lower his HP down to 50% (will-o-wisp on predicted attacks, substitute, etc), and it is always funny when I see one using flamethrower and realize that it's Zen Darm.
Zen Darm is absolutely not viable because unless your mixed darmanitan, who gets 1 shotted by most offensive attacks, you cant use your moves in either normal form or zen form. Mixed Darm is also either slow, and weak af.

Whirlpool miltank new meta. Works great tho
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-156013726
That was actually a pretty good game! I wouldn't even call this silly tbh. 95/105/70 defenses aren't bad at all combined with Thick Fat. To put it into perspective, Slowbro has 95/110/80 defenses. You could probably use miltank along with a Fairy like Aromatisse or Florges to really throw people off. Whirlpool is the only questionable thing on the moveset, but you know what? It worked!

I did hear mention one time of Trapper Politoed; Whirl Pool, Perish Song, Protect, encore and water absorb. It flat out counters CroCune and CMBro...

That was actually a pretty good game! I wouldn't even call this silly tbh. 95/105/70 defenses aren't bad at all combined with Thick Fat. To put it into perspective, Slowbro has 95/110/80 defenses. You could probably use miltank along with a Fairy like Aromatisse or Florges to really throw people off. Whirlpool is the only questionable thing on the moveset, but you know what? It worked!

I did hear mention one time of Trapper Politoed; Whirl Pool, Perish Song, Protect, encore and water absorb. It flat out counters CroCune and CMBro...
Yeah... that miltank player is a good friend of mine and he always play silly but sometimes come out with good set. Once, he bring assault vest kecleon into my charizard y and straight out kill it with rock tomb. It's not a good check to charizard but still impressive.

Specs Florges and Dual Screen Slowbro...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-157946466

It looked a fairly solid Web team. But Turn 8 revealed specs Florges...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Moonblast vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 422-500 (120.2 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Turn 20...
252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Psychic vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 334-394 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Confuse Ray on Crobat is just annoying btw...

Also! I saw Hypnosis on Yanmega. I was at +5/5 with my Slowbro and it was down to Yanmega, Blissey and some other easier pokes that couldn't do much to bro. Then Yanmega throws Hypnosis and 3HKO bro with Bug Buzz... Can you say infuriating?

Specs Florges and Dual Screen Slowbro...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-157946466

It looked a fairly solid Web team. But Turn 8 revealed specs Florges...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Moonblast vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 422-500 (120.2 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Turn 20...
252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Psychic vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 334-394 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Confuse Ray on Crobat is just annoying btw...

Also! I saw Hypnosis on Yanmega. I was at +5/5 with my Slowbro and it was down to Yanmega, Blissey and some other easier pokes that couldn't do much to bro. Then Yanmega throws Hypnosis and 3HKO bro with Bug Buzz... Can you say infuriating?
Offensive Florges is actually quite legit. People only look at the massive SpDef stat, and forget the 112 SpAtk with a decent movepool.

But people seriously need to stop running Hypnosis. It's such a bad move.

Flail Persian lol

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-165463161

More like FAIL PERSIAN lol

Melons-N-Soda Miltank and Golurk can have a niche in UU. Golurk was a counter to Hera and Shao in Gen V. Knock Off hurt it this gen, but an immunity to Fighting, Normal and Electric while resisting Poison, Rock and Bug is pretty good. Just ignore the Ghost, Dark, Water, Ice and Grass weaknesses... lol

But seriously though, Golurk could run AssVest (hypothetically). It has a movepool similar to Machamp and very similar bulk with more resists.

Miltank may seem outclassed but keep in mind, it has Scrappy and Thick Fat and decent 95/105/70 bulk. To put it in perspective, Slowbro has 95/110/80 bulk. Access to Milk Drink gives it instant recovery (as opposed to other Sleep Talking boosting Giants; Mega Aggron and Snorlax). Heal Bell and Thick Fat give it plenty of switch ins...

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Miltank: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Miltank: 168-199 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Darmanitan Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Miltank: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank: 177-211 (44.9 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can tank some hits from both ends of the spectrum, which is more than you can say for Blissey and Snorlax.

Flail Persian lol

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-165463161

More like FAIL PERSIAN lol

Melons-N-Soda Miltank and Golurk can have a niche in UU. Golurk was a counter to Hera and Shao in Gen V. Knock Off hurt it this gen, but an immunity to Fighting, Normal and Electric while resisting Poison, Rock and Bug is pretty good. Just ignore the Ghost, Dark, Water, Ice and Grass weaknesses... lol

But seriously though, Golurk could run AssVest (hypothetically). It has a movepool similar to Machamp and very similar bulk with more resists.

Miltank may seem outclassed but keep in mind, it has Scrappy and Thick Fat and decent 95/105/70 bulk. To put it in perspective, Slowbro has 95/110/80 bulk. Access to Milk Drink gives it instant recovery (as opposed to other Sleep Talking boosting Giants; Mega Aggron and Snorlax). Heal Bell and Thick Fat give it plenty of switch ins...

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Miltank: 177-208 (44.9 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Miltank: 168-199 (42.6 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Darmanitan Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Miltank: 343-406 (87 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank: 177-211 (44.9 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can tank some hits from both ends of the spectrum, which is more than you can say for Blissey and Snorlax.
You forgot to mention the Yawn/Future Sight/Morning Sun/Baby-Doll Eyes Espeon. That Sharpedo getting the +1 vs -4 Snorlax was pretty impressive too. Just shows that anything with Speed Boost MUST click Protect turn 1, no exceptions.

Plus: Sap Sipper Miltank is super legit. 100 base Attack/Speed with a free +1 is scary. Thick Fat is great for defensive, though.

You forgot to mention the Yawn/Future Sight/Morning Sun/Baby-Doll Eyes Espeon. That Sharpedo getting the +1 vs -4 Snorlax was pretty impressive too. Just shows that anything with Speed Boost MUST click Protect turn 1, no exceptions.

Plus: Sap Sipper Miltank is super legit. 100 base Attack/Speed with a free +1 is scary. Thick Fat is great for defensive, though.
Eh, call it a bonus silly thing lmao

But, yawn is okay in principle to force switches (made me tbink twice incase he had dazzling gleam for.hydre). But, good ol sleeping bear didntbcare about a nap lol

So a few problems here:

1. That's an OU battle, and this is the Underused forums, you should put this post in the proper thread which can be found here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/silly-things-youve-seen-on-the-ou-ladder.3488212/ (bad link but I really don't feel like fixing it)

2. You posted the showdown link, which is useless after ~20 minutes, so I grabbed the replay for you:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-193836988

In the future click the "Share Replay" button towards the bottom of the battling screen, and save the URL of the new tab that opens up if you want to keep a replay.

3. You should really go into detail about what exactly made the battle silly or odd in your post.

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-194475139

Yes, it's a troll team. I was supposed to be testing whether Gligar made a suitable replacement for Starmie and instead failed terribly.

I made some really bad calls, predictions, and decisions (Not realizing Honchkrow was holding a life orb and not a scarf) and basically made it a 5v1. (Enemy Honchkrow killed itself from recoil) I then win, through no fault of my opponent.

Do note that
the battle is 110 turns long, whereas my first five pokemon are down by turn 8.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Somewhat weird things:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-158476704

-SolarBeam Sceptile without Power Herb
-Miltank and Golurk in UU

Aside from that it's not that bad, just odd.
Golurk is a champion though.

I was making people cry the other day with Shuckle.
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shell Smash
- Infestation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
I ended up winning 3 of the 5 matches I had with shuck, the 2 matches I didn't win were basically because I got cocky, and stopped appreciating rest. Infestation is such a satisfying move to get kills with. The salt is also super real.

Also, this just happened.

The opposing Samurott used Water Pulse!
Vaporeon restored HP using its Water Absorb!

Vaporeon used Scald!
It's not very effective... The opposing Samurott lost 17% of its health!
Turn 4

The opposing Samurott used Copycat!
The opposing Samurott used Scald!
It doesn't affect Vaporeon...

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Hey I'd just like to post I deserve credit for this thread in the OP because I thought of the idea before anyone posted it on Smogon so yeah http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/101-signs-you-need-help-in-uu.3473956/

Also I'm not sure Iron Tail is that bad on Blastoise since Fairies are important, the only thing is that obviously it shouldn't be the only move and Scald's burn chance hurts Fairies about as badly as Iron Til considering the miss chance so yeah.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey I'd just like to post I deserve credit for this thread in the OP because I thought of the idea before anyone posted it on Smogon so yeah http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/101-signs-you-need-help-in-uu.3473956/

Also I'm not sure Iron Tail is that bad on Blastoise since Fairies are important, the only thing is that obviously it shouldn't be the only move and Scald's burn chance hurts Fairies about as badly as Iron Til considering the miss chance so yeah.
As far as I'm concerned nobody owes you anything unless you have intellectual property of the idea to post silly things on the Pokemon Showdown! ladder by law. By the way, I find it hilarious (ha!) how you claim to have even thought of this when the post you just linked literally starts like this:
I take this idea from a different forum
Welcome to Smogon!

OT: I saw some scrub using Curse Spiritomb on the ladder lmao, when will ppl learn Curse on Ghost-types is not viable in a competitive environment?

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Well you'll notice the OP has given credit to some other user so yeah that was my point, giving credit to that user was wrong because I by all reasonable standards made the first Smogon thread similar to this one. Why are you attacking me like this; I feel very attacked.

Thanks for welcoming me to Smogon ^_^ but its more like a welcome back because I have been a member for a few years already.

Also you might have seen me use the Curse Spiritomb! I use it on the ladder every now and then. I made a few posts in the Rarelyused forums about why it was actually really good! You should check them out, if you want you can PM me and I will link you those post but I don't want to derail this thread with RU forum posts since I do prefer to keep it UU.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-192030717

On another point this is a pretty silly battle. Raichu LOL! That's not very viable is it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)