PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
the goal of PS is to simulate as close to the games as possible, there is no difference between Blue and Red Stripe Basculin,Male and Female Jellicent/Pyroar/Hippowdon yet they are all still in the game,so your logic is flawed also you do not have any rank to be acting like you are the one making decisions here sorry:( and im pretty sure the majority of PS users would love to have East Sea Gastrodon since this is something the community has wanted for years.
Red Stripe Basculin has Reckless as its first ability. Blue Stripe Basculin has Rock Head as its first ability. Genders are a critical part of the game's integration and mechanics; Shellos and Gastrodon formes are not.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if you aren't posting a render or aren't me you are doing it wrong.

I do gender because it is a competitive difference.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I'm not seeing the animation skips you're talking about. I even put them through a frame by frame look and nothing really stands out to me... Also yoyoman337 can you stop double/triple/quadruple-posting and just edit your previous posts?

Layell is the spreadsheet with Stoutland/P2 up to date with what needs fixing?

Meanwhile, because I saw it here's Beautifly with antenna + some flickering fixes. It could do with some more work, but it looks better

I'm not seeing the animation skips you're talking about. I even put them through a frame by frame look and nothing really stands out to me... Also yoyoman337 can you stop double/triple/quadruple-posting and just edit your previous posts?

Layell is the spreadsheet with Stoutland/P2 up to date with what needs fixing?

Meanwhile, because I saw it here's Beautifly with antenna + some flickering fixes. It could do with some more work, but it looks better
They lag at certain points in their animation their shiny sprites do not have that lag just because you can't see it(or you probably do but are saying you don't just to kiss butt) does not mean it's not there, also I have been editing,and also you have no rank to command me around no offense

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
They lag at certain points in their animation their shiny sprites do not have that lag just because you can't see it(or you probably do but are saying you don't just to kiss butt) does not mean it's not there, also I have been editing,and also you have no rank to command me around no offense
I was asking you if you could stop doing what you did on page 15, not telling you to. ._. Also I was looking for the wrong thing when you said animation skips, so that was partly a mistake on my part, but just because I said I don't see it that doesn't mean you can attack me for w/e reason...

Regardless, fixed:
(a bit more can be done, but it's a lot better)

Its shading is a bit funky and if you look closely its bottom-right petal flashes bright for a second.

Normal Keldeo-Resolute's tail's shading could be improved, but the shiny form is ok.

also could someone tell me a sprite editor program that I could use because I feel like I'm not doing anything and just handing out more work for y'all :<

I was asking you if you could stop doing what you did on page 15, not telling you to. ._. Also I was looking for the wrong thing when you said animation skips, so that was partly a mistake on my part, but just because I said I don't see it that doesn't mean you can attack me for w/e reason...

Regardless, fixed:
(a bit more can be done, but it's a lot better)
Aww I wasn't attacking you just defending myself I'm so sorry:( and thank you so much for fixing those I've wanted for a fix in sigilyph forever! Do you think you can fix a couple more especially Greninjas back model? And do you think you could fix Staraptors front model?

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Aww I wasn't attacking you just defending myself I'm so sorry:( and thank you so much for fixing those I've wanted for a fix in sigilyph forever! Do you think you can fix a couple more especially Greninjas back model? And do you think you could fix Staraptors front model?
Greninja/Braviary/Staraptor are broken in the original from pkpariso, so not much to do there.

(I can't get it better than this no matter what I try)

Rose Petal http://www.aseprite.org/ works well enough.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
As a present, here's something a bit special :)

(I can't make it better than this, back sprite had some less noticeable flickering going on as well)
(I got it pointed out to me a leaf was flashing so I fixed that too)
8 hours to get the Terrakion front to a decent condition :[

edit: more fixed sprites
(Looks better, not perfect though)
(you'd have to redo the samurott sprite entirely to get it better than this)
(I got most the flickering, but there's a little bit left)
(pretty much as good as it gets)

edit 2 onwards:
(fixed belly flashing)
(flickering)
(it looks better, most of the flickering is gone)
(flashing shadow under the mouth)
(fixed the white dots on the back)
(everything except the cutoff should be fixed now)
(fixed Snorlax outline, but it doesn't look that much better)
(removed the flickering, fixed up the shadows)
edit 3:
(flickering back, the tail looks like that from the rip idk how to fix that)
(fixed a shadow flash on the lower back)
(everything was wrong before (
))
(random pixels and shadow under the mouth)
(the slowdown)
(flashing shadows)

Oh and this because people asked and it actually was doable:

edit 2: added more fixes in the hide tag

edit 3: more updates in the hide tag. I dislike reposting :(

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
(I'm cheating and double posting because I want to hl people looking at this thread and it's unrelated to the fixes in the previous post.)

Basically I made an attempt at fixing this and it went sorta okay I guess. Mostly want to judge how people think it looks and if something could be better.

(I'm cheating and double posting because I want to hl people looking at this thread and it's unrelated to the fixes in the previous post.)

Basically I made an attempt at fixing this and it went sorta okay I guess. Mostly want to judge how people think it looks and if something could be better.
You're amazing! How on earth did you do this instead of being lazy and saying "it's broken" like others on this thread you actually put forth effort to fix it! Can u do the same for Braviary?

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Let's not forget the person who most often say "it's broken" have already done a huge job on all of these once, shall we? Also despite what it looks I'm doing those I feel like, not the ones you tell me to. :)

Anyway, the Braviary model wasn't broken in the way I expected. Rather it missed a frame and got cut off at the bottom. I sorted it up as well as I could, and it looks decent. (I have shiny versions of these as well)

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if I'm in the wrong here, because looking at the chart I'm p sure it says it's fixed, but it doesn't look like it, and if there was already a post about it on here I apologize :[

The front sprite of Electabuzz has a massive twitch that isn't present in the back sprite, or the front shiny sprite. Normally I wouldn't give a damn but seeing as how it is a lord in FU I'm kind of forced to see it a lot and it's a bit annoying to the eye.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Layell
Excluding Giratina-O, Sealeo, P2 and Drifblim (if someone wants to explain Keldeo to me, because I don't see the problem except a slightly off shadow) this post along with my last three should be the last of the currently listed issues in the spreadsheet + some stuff that I found/was reported. :)

(tail flashing)

(this looks a bit better I guess, not much else I can do about it)
(the shoulder that was flashing)

(idk what was wrong with the first one except some lines)

^^regular tauros has some flickering spots

edit:

not sure if actual problem or it's just my computer being stupid, but regular Cradily's sprite lags

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)