Resource RU Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

so i'm not the biggest fan of posting up replays, mostly b/c it can either come of as indirect bragging, reveal an opponent's team they might not want to be publicized as of yet, or some combination of both, but i feel it isn't as much of an issue here. also, not a fan of laddering really, but i felt the need to adjust somewhat to the meta at hand, so here we are. I was tinkering with a double dragon build utilizing the combination of specs dragalgae and swords dance m-sceptile, which breaks for one another quite nicely v.a plethora of common playstyles. much to my chagrin, though, i ended up being paired against what i believe to be spirit stall (or some very similar variation on it), which not only is just a hassle to play on its own merit, but has a rather solid match-up vs.my team, as my core breakers struggle to push through the interactive core of bronzong + secondary dragon resist / immunity + wish support (particularly spdef momo). i also didn't actively prepare for the megas that were meant to be leaving the tier soon, though fortunately this team handled the particular gallade set used rather comfortably. i did end up playing things a bit sloppily, particularly in the end-game (where i aromatherapy away a status that was preventing my aromatisse from being tox'ed, among other things), since who really wants to be playing a 100+ turn game on the ladder, i mean come on now. fortunately, i still manage to keep my end-game fairly consistent, and it ends up being a p.solid game overall. it also shows that sd m-sceptile and flame orb delphox are really cool, and if you're cool, you should use it to. fanks for your time, i love you all.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Molk challenged me to an XY RU match a while back on Smogtours, and I'm just posting it here because I think it was a pretty good match and as a non-RU player, it would be cool to have the plays critiqued by people who know more about what they're doing (not to take anything away from the match of course, I feel like we both played pretty well). I'm using a decently standard Spikes-Stack offense against Molk's hail Stall. Off the bat I just want to address a few misplays; Molk told me after he misplayed by not leading Rotom, while I definitely did not pressure Gligar enough to keep hazards up. For some reason it slipped my mind because I knew Defog Gligar was illegal with something (turned out to be Immunity, and for some reason I thought he had Immunity) - when he Defogged I started...crying in public
I was able to keep it close with doubles into Exploud, but Molk was eventually able to win with his core of Alomomola and Escavalier. Thanks to col49 for the team, which also showed me how underrated fully Special Sharpedo was in XY RU. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-194023846

Apart from the fact that this team is super fucking weak to CM Cress (honestly, most of my teams are) and I nearly blow it vs. Drapion, this is a really interesting match. I'm using a quick 10 minute team that I built with the Houndoom set I used in NBT. I was able to play pretty aggressively early on, but my opponent makes a few aggressive double switches that I didn't really see coming. Once he revealed that he was willing to make some aggressive switches to counter mine, I just start playing very defensive and making sure I have an individual answer to each of his mons in good enough health. The battle comes down to a little bit of possible luck and whether or not I find the opening to catch him on an aggressive switch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-196437323

A game vs. Molk on the ladder with me bringing a team I was testing using Subtect Mega Sharpedo paired with T-Spikes support. I made a huge choke on turn 34 when I got careless and decided to Protect instead of Hydro Pumping Rhyperior, which would have probably been a clean sweep otherwise. Regardless, it demonstrates how scary Sub Mega Sharp can be, easily setting up on Alomomola.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-196861878

Replay of me against Ajna where he was supposed to show me that Probopass isn't useless lol. I was actually impressed because I struggled to kill it for a while. it was an excellent game, both of us made some pretty good/ballsy plays (me especially, i've also done some aggressive plays and double switches that you'll notice in the replay).

one of the best games I've had tbh, pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)