ORAS OU Kyurem-B is Awesome!

Hello, Smogon! After experimenting with a lot of Pokemon, I decided to create a team around Kyurem-B:(Sorry about the Back-Facing images)

At a glance:

Team Building:

First, I added the staple of my team, Kyurem-B,

Then, to deal with his weakness to Fairy and Steel, I added Air Balloon Rocks Heatran,

To revenge kill fighting types a put a Liechi+Natural gift Talonflame,

Then, to spin away rocks I added Rapid Spin Starmie,

Then, To pass wishes I added Sylveon,

Then to finish the team off, I added Mega Scizor,

Movesets:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute Roost
- Freeze Shock Ice Beam
The Staple of my team,Kyurem-B is my Bulky Physical Sweeper, and can take out pokemon with such ease due to its monstrous 170 base attack. Substitute is a brilliant move so it can charge a Freeze Shock, and the substitute will last a lot of time due to its 125/100/90 defenses. Fusion Bolt takes out water types, while Dragon Claw is my reliable STAB.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse Earth Power

Kyurem has a lot of problems with Steel, Fairy and Fighting types, and this is where Heatran comes in. Although sharing A common weakness to Fighting types, it faces no competition from the other two types. Flamethrower is my main STAB, while flash cannon hits fairies. The given EV spread makes Heatran unable to learn HP Ice for other dragons so Dragon pulse was my coverage move of choice. SR is so that Talonflame can OHKO Ttar with Natural Cure.

Talonflame @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Natural Gift

I had a common Fighting weakness in my team, so I added Talonflame to take them out with a Priority, Adamant, max Atk, STAB, Super Effective Brave Bird. SD is so it can sweep. But the real catch of this set is Natural Gift. List the Counters of Talonflame. The first ones to come to mind are Heatran, Rotom-W, and Ttar. Now, after SR damage, Rotom-W and Ttar get OHKOed by Natural Gift. Flare Blitz is solely for Steel-Types.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

My team now had a huge weakness to SR and Rock types, so I added LO Starmie. Rapid Spin is to Remove Hazards, a huge threat to my team. Starmie is so fast that almost nothing outspeeds it, and the ones that do get OHKOed by its LO moves, which means analytic is not needed. Instead, Natural Cure is there to make sure she doesn't get worn down by Toxic.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Psyshock

Although my team was Bulky, it lacked recovery, so I added Sylveon as a wish passer. 185 HP wishes are large enough, and it was added instead of Chansey as Sylveon is not as weak to physical as Chansey. Hyper Voice is STAB, while Psyshock deals wit Poison types who give me a lot of trouble.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit

I decided to round of this team with another SD Revenge Killer, but this time one who can deal with opposing threats like opposing Sylveon, Kyurem-B, Mamoswine, Mega Diancie, Mega Altaria etc. Most of the moves are just basic, understandable, generic moves which are found on almost every other Scizor.

Last edited:
Threats:

Ttar. Yes, Fire Blasting Ttar. Although I do have Scizor mega, Switching on a fire Blast is not going to be fun at all.

Before becoming a Mega it can willo my whole team and then can setup easily. I do have Sylveon, But my opponent will most likely bring a Scizor/Heatran

Will give you later a better rate, but the first thing i saw was that you should use scald over surf on Starmie for the burn. And another thing i saw is, that you cant kill Heatran easily. The only one able to handle him is starmie. So i would go for earth power on Heatran over Dragonpulse. Last thing i don´t understand why you go for freezing shock over Icebeam. The mixed phiscal set is way better, because you need to charge for your freeze shock. This gives the enemy a opportunity to Kill you or switch into something that resist it.

Last edited:
freezing shock is better as it has a good synergy with substitute and actually i, at first tried a Ice Beam>FS and Roost>Sub but then I used FS which proved better for me

Hey, man. Firstly, I question your Kyurem set. Yes, base 170 attack is grizzly, but you have much better incentive to run a mixed set, especially given how much of an issue Rotom W looks to this team. Kyurem can 2HKO standard Rotom with Earth Power. Freeze Shock is also a bad move, it's pretty useless unless you have a Sub up and even when you do it gives your opponent free reign to switch in to something to take the attack hey know is coming, the great thing about that monster Kyurem is how hard it is to switch in to it, a factor which you lose with Freeze Shock.
Secondly, Dragon Pulse on Heatran is a complete waste. Run anything over it, run HP Ice to hit Dragons and still provide more coverage like hitting Gliscors and whatnot. Run Earth Power to deal with opposing Heatrans. Run Taunt to give stall teams and walls the middle finger. Any of those options is better than Dragon Pulse.
U-Turn on an SD Scizor is a waste. When you're set up, the last thing you want to do is U-Turn out with it, it's a waste of a set-up. Run Superpower or Bug Bite for power.
This would leave you without a U-Turner, which you need to get Kyurem switched in effectively and up and running behind a Sub. I'd advise running U-Turn on Talonflame over Flare Blitz given that you already have Fire coverage. I have an alternative set for Talonflame as well which lets you outspeed Thundurus-I and revenge it before getting Prankster T-Waved.
Hope this helped.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Natural Gift

Hey, man. Firstly, I question your Kyurem set. Yes, base 170 attack is grizzly, but you have much better incentive to run a mixed set, especially given how much of an issue Rotom W looks to this team. Kyurem can 2HKO standard Rotom with Earth Power. Freeze Shock is also a bad move, it's pretty useless unless you have a Sub up and even when you do it gives your opponent free reign to switch in to something to take the attack hey know is coming, the great thing about that monster Kyurem is how hard it is to switch in to it, a factor which you lose with Freeze Shock.
Secondly, Dragon Pulse on Heatran is a complete waste. Run anything over it, run HP Ice to hit Dragons and still provide more coverage like hitting Gliscors and whatnot. Run Earth Power to deal with opposing Heatrans. Run Taunt to give stall teams and walls the middle finger. Any of those options is better than Dragon Pulse.
U-Turn on an SD Scizor is a waste. When you're set up, the last thing you want to do is U-Turn out with it, it's a waste of a set-up. Run Superpower or Bug Bite for power.
This would leave you without a U-Turner, which you need to get Kyurem switched in effectively and up and running behind a Sub. I'd advise running U-Turn on Talonflame over Flare Blitz given that you already have Fire coverage. I have an alternative set for Talonflame as well which lets you outspeed Thundurus-I and revenge it before getting Prankster T-Waved.
Hope this helped.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Natural Gift
Thank you Der Twist! Now that FS is removed I will run roost on Kyurem B. With roost for kyurem B, Talonflame does not need U turn so I will keep Flare Blitz. Oh Yeah, Should I run Roost>SD or not? Roost means i wont die to recoil, while SD makes him a sweeper to be feared.

I'd honestly run Roost over an attack on Talonflame. Without SD and even Sharp Beak, you need a booster of T-Flame (not to mention SD Talonflame is a fucking beast). Maybe run it over Natural Gift. It's an interesting strategy for sure, but without a boosting item Talonflame doesn't hit as hard as you'd like. Roost, SD and two STAB moves is probably the way to go imo. If you're bent on keeping Natural Gift though, then replace Flare Blitz again and throw Roost on there.

Yes,but without natural gift it has nothing to deal with Rotom W and Ttar. So I have an idea, instead of running liechi berry which will allow it to kill rotom and Ttar, I will now switch liechi<salac which will allow me to Kill Steel types and Ttar and Roost>Flare BLitz. Since teams mostly only contain only 1 steel type, it will be enough. How does it Sound?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)