Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi?

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can also say forwards who are very good but not as good as messi and ronaldo are best in the world to sound hipster. A case can be made for players at significantly different positions as the best in the world, because comparing between positions is very hard. A case can't be made for robben or ibra. If you want to be a hipster go Lahm or Neuer.

messi is a tax fraud cheat autist.. special ed lookin mf'er.. ronaldo is alpha as hell, bronzed, athletic god no homo, powerful legs and strength and is also a good person off the field. lol bitch boy messi getting nervous again as the powerful alpha lads ronaldo and his protege gareth "the chimp" bale get jacked up in the gym while messi continues eating garbage to keep his doughy physique... pathetic that its even a question really.

messi is a tax fraud cheat autist.. special ed lookin mf'er.. ronaldo is alpha as hell, bronzed, athletic god no homo, powerful legs and strength and is also a good person off the field. lol bitch boy messi getting nervous again as the powerful alpha lads ronaldo and his protege gareth "the chimp" bale get jacked up in the gym while messi continues eating garbage to keep his doughy physique... pathetic that its even a question really.
teal6, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

teal6, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
*looks at your avatar* hmm maybe there is a little bias here. dont get salty w/ me bc you are a fan of a child trafficking club (proven) who fetishize some goofball doughboy who is now running away from barcelona (fact) bc 1. he cheated on his taxes and 2. he cant handle playing second fiddle in his hometown league to ronaldo.

*looks at your avatar* hmm maybe there is a little bias here. dont get salty w/ me bc you are a fan of a child trafficking club (proven) who fetishize some goofball doughboy who is now running away from barcelona (fact) bc 1. he cheated on his taxes and 2. he cant handle playing second fiddle in his hometown league to ronaldo.
there is no bias here. i am not bashing ronaldo as you did to messi. i'm simply telling you that everything you said was ridiculous. he is not a tax fraud, nor is he autistic. then you go off mentioning ronaldo's alpha-ness and talk about his bronzed body (?) ... and proceed to assume that he is a good person off the field (saying this as if you knew ronaldo in real life? or as if to say that messi was NOT a good person off the field? idk really). and dude, messi is short, but he's got a better physique than you and me...

anyway, have a nice day

there is no bias here. i am not bashing ronaldo as you did to messi. i'm simply telling you that everything you said was ridiculous. he is not a tax fraud, nor is he autistic. then you go off mentioning ronaldo's alpha-ness and talk about his bronzed body (?) ... and proceed to assume that he is a good person off the field (saying this as if you knew ronaldo in real life? or as if to say that messi was NOT a good person off the field? idk really). and dude, messi is short, but he's got a better physique than you and me...

anyway, have a nice day
1. he is a tax fraud: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/03/lionel-messi-appeal-tax-fraud-rejected
2. autistic messi: http://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/comments/1m17yp/alltime_great_soccer_player_lionel_messi_was/
3. folks agree ronaldo is alpha as f*ck: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149288043
4. ronaldo does charity like a demon bc of his massive soul filled w/ kindness: https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/cristiano-ronaldo
5. messi is a bad person off the field. see the tax fraud. otherwise known as stealing from the nation of spain.
6. as well it doesnt matter if messi has a better physique than us bc we are not professional athletes, and frankly despite enjoying lifting for aesthetics i will not take hgh like messi (proven) as i am all natural whereas he is a cheater + tax fraud + not as good as big Ron the don. frankly it is disgusting and sad to even attempt to compare them, theres a reason why little leo is thinking of running to france bc he has nightmares of CR7 and Jungle Book Bale sprinting at him and his fkn sad teammates like iniesta (fat and gross), neymar (biggest bottler ive ever seen), idk even know who else, busquets? lmfao busquets is plain garbage. fraud of a player. the only player on that team worth a damn is luis suarez who is frankly an amazing striker and also was NOT racist while at liverpool, it was all a media conspiracy against him.

i'm honestly not sure if this is a troll or?
yeah im fucking around lol messi's obviously an incredible player but i would genuinely take ronaldo any day of the week and i hate united so obv. this is in spite of him being dominant for them as well. dude's just the best player i've ever seen, though messi is right there as well. for my money since i've been watching i'd say its those two and zidane and fat ronaldo for my top, but honestly ronaldo and messi are probably better than the latter two and thats a massive compliment imo.

Messi at his best is better then Ronaldo will ever be, but he also peaked two years ago. Ronaldo just gets better yet is nearly 30 years old.

Last edited:
Messi at his best is better then Ronaldo will ever be, but he also peaked two years ago. Ronaldo just gets better yet is nearly 30 years old.
in 2011-2012 i would have agreed with you, hell even in 2010-2011.. but the 13-14 ronaldo was just as good as messi both those years, i think, and if he can galvanize another big trophy this year will be better. frankly we are lucky that we get possibly the two best players of all time playing at the exact same time.

in 2011-2012 i would have agreed with you, hell even in 2010-2011.. but the 13-14 ronaldo was just as good as messi both those years, i think, and if he can galvanize another big trophy this year will be better. frankly we are lucky that we get possibly the two best players of all time playing at the exact same time.
I'm sorry but Messi between 2008 and 2013 was greater than anything ronaldo has been.
Ronaldo was better last season by a considerable margin but Messi has picked up his form and has bee just as good if not better than ronaldo this season.

It's kind of obvious Messi will go down as the better player when both retire.
Ronaldo is a great player but will not be considered anywhere close to being apart of the greatest players group with the likes of cruyff, Pelle, Messi, Maradona, Di Stefano, etc.

I'm sorry but Messi between 2008 and 2013 was greater than anything ronaldo has been.
Ronaldo was better last season by a considerable margin but Messi has picked up his form and has bee just as good if not better than ronaldo this season.

It's kind of obvious Messi will go down as the better player when both retire.
Ronaldo is a great player but will not be considered anywhere close to being apart of the greatest players group with the likes of cruyff, Pelle, Messi, Maradona, Di Stefano, etc.
Nah thats just not right but these debates have been had hundreds of times before so its retreading boring ground

Except that last part, both will go down with, hell above, a lot of those players. They're colored by the air of nostalgia, it's madness for those of us who haven't seen them play to rank those old players as highly as we do. Fact of the matter is both Messi and Ronaldo are more dominant in a more competitive year than most of the legends ppl talk about. Pele never even played in Europe and people were smoking cigarettes at halftime during his world cups. Not saying he wasn't great, definitely one of the best of all time, but both Ronaldo and Messi are right there with them.

Frankly if his legs didnt explode 5 or 6 times fat ronaldo would be better than anyone ever. Shame really

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ronaldo did it in the toughest league in the world, Messi is happy to only ply his trade in the 'safe' La Liga; until Lionel shows some ambition and moves to England, that will always be the deciding factor for me.

Couldn't do it on a rainy night in Stoke.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Ronaldo did it in the toughest league in the world, Messi is happy to only ply his trade in the 'safe' La Liga; until Lionel shows some ambition and moves to England, that will always be the deciding factor for me.

Couldn't do it on a rainy night in Stoke.
To be fair, if Sanchez could do it, I'm sure Messi could too.

Why would Messi ever go to England if not for huge amounts of money? If he did he'd go to a rich club and would still be hated anyway.

Who are these great players thatd make Messi look any less great in England? The best players in England aren't even English..

Messis proven himself vs English teams in champion league matches..he's done well enough. The only people who can reliably stop Messi are German.

English leagues overrated anyway.

As for Messi vs Ronaldo they're different strikers. I'd take Messi for a forward, Ronaldo on the wing.

HBK

Why would Messi ever go to England if not for huge amounts of money? If he did he'd go to a rich club and would still be hated anyway.

Who are these great players thatd make Messi look any less great in England? The best players in England aren't even English..

Messis proven himself vs English teams in champion league matches..he's done well enough. The only people who can reliably stop Messi are German.

English leagues overrated anyway.

As for Messi vs Ronaldo they're different strikers. I'd take Messi for a forward, Ronaldo on the wing.
Fun fact: He has never scored against Chelsea. And it's not the players in England, it's the atmosphere, the physicality, the counter attacking style of play.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Fun fact: He has never scored against Chelsea. And it's not the players in England, it's the atmosphere, the physicality, the counter attacking style of play.
Fun fact: its because Chelsea are a joke who play with 9 defenders everytime they face Barcelona.

HBK

Fun fact: its because Chelsea are a joke who play with 9 defenders everytime they face Barcelona.
Too bad Napoli didn't make the CL knockouts or we might've had the pleasure of watching them being made a joke of by Barcelona. Then again, I guess not qualifying kinda does that already.

Last edited:

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not-so-fun fact: EPL "popularity" is actually just a massive casual circle-jerk following of MU (and more recently oil money). It's not significantly better than most European leagues.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I do recall latinoheat (who has always struck me as the most knowledgeable and long-serving La Liga fan here) commenting that La Liga was basically 4 or 5 good clubs and then 15 clubs the standard of Sunderland or West Brom (do correct me if I'm mis-remembering, latinoheat).

Since a lot of Messi's hype derives from his phenomenal goalscoring stats, one simply has to look at the standard of opposition. Would he score 50 goals in a league season in England? Well, Shearer, Suarez and Ronaldo didn't (best: 31, also the joint record), Henry and Van Persie didn't (best: 30), Drogba didn't (29), Rooney didn't (best: 27), Van Nistelrooy didn't (best: 25)...I could go on all day with a list of all-time great strikers who didn't even get anywhere near the ludicrous statistic that is 50 goals achieved by Messi (and the 46 achieved by Ronaldo).

To view La Liga achievements through the same lens as Premier League achievements is naïve at best, dangerous at worst. I am not questioning the talents of the man, he is without doubt one of the best of our generation. But I will always be more impressed by Cristiano as I have seen him successfully and delightfully ply his trade in England. Messi will always have a question mark attached to him in my mind until he does that.

lol its boring to watch but its not a illegitimate style of player at all. mourinho's inter was insanely defensive and was one of the best teams in 2009-2010 ive ever seen. that they won a treble proves it too. ffs he had eto'o playing as a right fullback it was frankly incredible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)