Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
http://i.imgur.com/Qt6tpdz.png http://i.imgur.com/sdbJPMV.png I'm having this glitch where none of the moves the Pokemon learns shows up and everything when input is illegal, sorry if this has been posted, I can't be bothered to check 192 pages worth. I can still go into battles with the team and such though, it's just annoying.
Try refreshing first. If it does not work, back up all your teams and clear your cookies. Once you cleared them, try to refresh the tab again. If it then still does not show up, try another web browser. If the other web browser works, you might want to reinstall your current web browser.

Hey, a user brought up this point.

When you type in "." into the chat, it seems to be filtered out. In addition, if you are room staff in the room you type it in, your room staff symbol disappears. See screenshots (from two different user's points of view):

http://i.imgur.com/ITuB9xj.png
http://i.imgur.com/U4Cutza.png

This doesn't happen in PM, but I haven't tested it in battle chat. Is this intentional?
As Instant Apple Pie said a page ago, "." and "lagtest" are filtered out of the chat like this, making you appear as your global rank. They more or less become private messages to yourself. I think it's to avoid cluttering the chat, probably.

In VGC opposing Pokemon cant be attacked with single target moves one button is non existing, the other isnt clickable so the only target for those Moves is the partnerpokemon:

In VGC opposing Pokemon cant be attacked with single target moves one button is non existing, the other isnt clickable so the only target for those Moves is the partnerpokemon:
From rules:
  • ...make sure this bug exists on the official server, and with no custom styles enabled.

The message in the chat window for mega evolving is bugged. It mentions the Pokemon's name rather than the Mega Stone's name.

E.g.

"Metagross's Metagross is reacting to Player X's Mega Bracelet!"
It should read "Metagross's Metagrossite".

"Salamence's Salamence is reacting to the Player X's Mega Bracelet!"
It should read "Salamence's Salamencite".

Also, the message no longer distinguishes between alternate mega evolutions.

E.g. For Mega Mewtwo X, it just reads "Mewtwo has Mega Evolved into Mega Mewtwo!"

Last edited:
The message in the chat window for mega evolving is bugged. It mentions the Pokemon's name rather than the Mega Stone's name.

E.g.

"Metagross's Metagross is reacting to Player X's Mega Bracelet!"
It should read "Metagross's Metagrossite".

"Salamence's Salamence is reacting to the Player X's Mega Bracelet!"
It should read "Salamence's Salamencite".

Also, the message no longer distinguishes between alternate mega evolutions.

E.g. For Mega Mewtwo X, it just reads "Mewtwo has Mega Evolved into Mega Mewtwo!"
The client isn't updated which is why the Pokemon is currently showing instead of the item. It should be updated soon. As for distinguishing, the message is a copy from the game, which doesn't mention X or Y.

That's not how Inverse works. There is resistance and vulnerability within a single type.. There is no double vulnerability on a single type. Immunities just become vulnerabilities.

That's not how Inverse works. There is resistance and vulnerability within a single type.. There is no double vulnerability on a single type. Immunities just become vulnerabilities.
My bad. The simulator does make immunities x4 I do believe because I tested a HJK on a Froslass and it was also super effective when it should not have.

Hey, i posted earlier about being unable to join games after disconnect, i experienced it jet again. This time i did as i was told and used /leave command, but i was still unable to join afterwards. This time, apparently the lag had gotten me into 2 extra games, as i cancelled, then pressed look for a battle again. I use the downloadable version of showdown, and i dont even get the reconnect option, it just stop responding. If i then open in browser, i can join the rooms, but not participate in the battles.
Udklip2.PNG

Edit: I lost 4 games because of this, ruining my chances of getting reqs on this alt :I

Edit 2: I had a game where i was unable to join (using browser) then when i opened the downloadable version i was in the battle, but unable to use any moves or switch. This might just be my pc, and not showdown but i dont know :I

Last edited:
I will not ready all the thread to known if this is reported but I have seen some people abusing defiant genies in VGC'2015. In all my knowledge defiant is a HA which is not legal with a genie with a blue pentagon.

VGC 2015 explicitly requires a pentagon which means caught in XYORAS. Are you telling me that the HA Genies are available in ORAS? Tell me how!

Anyway... a display bug in teambuilder.
When using Team Builder, trying to add High Jump Kick to Lopunny displays it as an illegal move.
I tried using /learn or /dexsearch and it is correctly learned by Lopunny however.

VGC 2015 explicitly requires a pentagon which means caught in XYORAS. Are you telling me that the HA Genies are available in ORAS? Tell me how!

Anyway... a display bug in teambuilder.
When using Team Builder, trying to add High Jump Kick to Lopunny displays it as an illegal move.
I tried using /learn or /dexsearch and it is correctly learned by Lopunny however.
it's a glitch, it'll let it through

My bad. The simulator does make immunities x4 I do believe because I tested a HJK on a Froslass and it was also super effective when it should not have.
It didn't use to work that way on Showdown. Conversely, there was a brief period where it turned immunities into neutral hits, making Normal even more broken than, er, normal. That was a bug too.

Hey, i posted earlier about being unable to join games after disconnect, i experienced it jet again. This time i did as i was told and used /leave command, but i was still unable to join afterwards. This time, apparently the lag had gotten me into 2 extra games, as i cancelled, then pressed look for a battle again. I use the downloadable version of showdown, and i dont even get the reconnect option, it just stop responding. If i then open in browser, i can join the rooms, but not participate in the battles.

Edit: I lost 4 games because of this, ruining my chances of getting reqs on this alt :I

Edit 2: I had a game where i was unable to join (using browser) then when i opened the downloadable version i was in the battle, but unable to use any moves or switch. This might just be my pc, and not showdown but i dont know :I
Both issues will be fixed on next server restart. By the way, the command I suggested you to use was /leavebattle, not /leave.

1st turn of the game. Sitrus berry did not activate after successfully using belly drum . This happened twice but I only got the replay of the second one. I noticed after using b drum. slurpuff lost only 49.8% of its hp that's why sitrus did not activate, I think because the hp was rounded "up" instead of "down" from 50% hp reduction of b. drum.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197505056

1st turn of the game. Sitrus berry did not activate after successfully using belly drum . This happened twice but I only got the replay of the second one. I noticed after using b drum. slurpuff lost only 49.8% of its hp that's why sitrus did not activate, I think because the hp was rounded "up" instead of "down" from 50% hp reduction of b. drum.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197505056
Set your EV's to make your HP count to an even amount. If the HP is odd, Belly Drum won't go to 50% but just above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)