General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I think i'll first use the chats to finish a team and get used to it a little bit..idk, just to give time to the mentors to celebrate the holidays xD I'm thinking about entering the battling 101 on jan, what do you think it's a better idea, the 101 or a mentor?
Hmm, personally I think a mentor is a better idea. In my opinion, a mentor can give more personal advice, and to me 1 on 1 is more rewarding.

QueBien

Hey peeps,i am a big fan of pokémon, playing since the red/blue/yellow. But im not actually good with the competitive stuff.Well.(alright im bad)I have played and completed Pokemon Red, Blue , Yellow , Silver, Crystal , Emerald , Sapphire , Fire Red, Heart Gold, Diamond , Black, Black2 , X and AS. Don't get me wrong, im not a ''genwunner'' but hey, Kanto is my favourite. Maybe because the legend of my pokemon life started with it, maybe i just like it.My favourite bro is Machoke,I absolutely love Pidgeot and also Electrode and it's LOL IM GONNA SELFDESTRUCT smile.I actually first played the Showdown simulator, have been hearing about Smogon and its own rules.Well here i am
Hey BlaBlaBla1414!
Nice to meet a player from the original games! Go here for a starting guide to competitive battling. My favorite two Pokemon are Lucario and Bisharp. As for that "Self-Destruct Smile".... :/ Hey, I do like Electrode, but in the actual games, it uses Self-Destruct too much, in my opinion. -_-" Anyways, have a great time battling, and in Smogon! :)
Hello all. I'm Jonathan. Like most newcomers, I've been playing for a while but am just now trying to get into the competitive scene. Funnily enough, I've been breeding competitively since B2W2 in order to get the Mono Type League achievements. For some reason I really enjoy the idea of mono teams. I only managed to breed two - bug and normal - but by some grace of God when ORAS came out I already had a Beedrill and Lopunny ready to go. It's nice having some heavily threatening Pokemon, although it is also kind of disappointing because I bred those Pokemon mostly because they were NU (as if mono type teams aren't enough, I like them to be NU; I guess I have a liking for the unorthodox). Hell, my defensive wall on my bug team was the ground variant of Wormadam, if that doesn't say enough. I actually just had my first online battle of any kind on Battle Spot. My opponent had three legends and a Typhlosion; I guess I expected as much, as I've heard horrible things about Battle Spot. I used a VERY obvious strategy of Boombursting with my life orb Exploud and protecting with Beedrill so that he could mega evolve, and then attacking with both, and then using Boomburst-Protect every other turn. I realize that almost any competitive player could have shut me down, but my opponent relentlessly tried attacking my Beedrill with Spacial Rand and the like, until he disconnected with one Pokemon remaining. I was kind of disappointed, but I was also pleased that it ended that way. I was very nervous for some reason. xD;; In the back I had my Skill Link Cinccino and Volcarona (these are all remnants of my mono teams, which explains the horrible variety). Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you all and increase my skill. :)
Hi jjrrrb!
Nice luck with the Lopunny and Beedrill! :o I too, am a fan for "creative strategies", which is why I rarely use "recommended movesets". I hate how people disconnect instead of just taking the loss (and that goes for both Battle Spot and in Showdown :[ ). If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope you have fun, and I'll see you around!
Hello! I'm King DDD from Pokemon Millennium. I'm the Sovereign of Dream Land and I came to Smogon to learn secrets of ORAS metagame. So I hope to create a lot of interesting Teams with yours advices and to know at least a small part of you, kind companions of mine ^^
Because of my very recent (now) registration I hope to have not wrong section...in this case i ask to how me the true link xD
See you soon my dears ^^
Hello King DDD!
You definitely do not have the wrong section. :) As for the ORAS metagame, visit the "ORAS" room in Showdown for a start! In addition, check out the Rate My Team section of the forums to get an idea of how to build teams, and/or PM a mentor here. I hope you have a great time in both Showdown and in Smogon, and have fun!

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew and I am 22 years old. I am in the U.S. Air Force. I am currently stationed in North Dakota. I used to play all the old Pokemon games and I have recently gotten back into the game. I would love to start getting into competitive Pokemon battling and I was pointed here. Some other things about me is I am a huge horror movie junkie. I also game on PS4. I love sports, hockey being my favorite. I also love metal music and I am originally from Maine. I also lived in Italy for two years. That about sums it up at the moment. :)

Yo! I'm Suli and I'm 15. Last Pokemon experience I had was with B/W but recently I got introduced to competitive pokemon by a friend of mine. Favourite gen is easily 4th and my favourite Pokemon is Lucario 'cuz who doesn't love his awesome design? Hope to make friends here!
//Also I'll be streaming my P.S. experience on Twitch. Link is in my profile :)

Hi everyone! I'm negusplease and it's a pleasure to meet all of you! I've been lurking on the forums for years (strategydex too good), but i decided to make an account after joining the random cup tournament (i needed one to join lols). My favorite pokemon is blissey, but gen3 is my favorite gen for some reason. I also love skarmory and choice band scizor... and parenthetical insertions (i mean i needed to put one here even though i had nothing else to say). okay that was a bit long, but yeah i hope to get to know everyone more, and feel free to pm me about random things, like help on your homework! xP

Hey BlaBlaBla1414!
Nice to meet a player from the original games! Go here for a starting guide to competitive battling. My favorite two Pokemon are Lucario and Bisharp. As for that "Self-Destruct Smile".... :/ Hey, I do like Electrode, but in the actual games, it uses Self-Destruct too much, in my opinion. -_-" Anyways, have a great time battling, and in Smogon! :)
!
Thanks :P I actually loved pidgeot because when the anime was first out, the first season i guess. Pidgeotto helped its own kind and defended em from the spearows and fearow, after it evolved it wished to stay there for its brethren. Kid me was like WOOOWWW MAJESTIC AF

Hmm, personally I think a mentor is a better idea. In my opinion, a mentor can give more personal advice, and to me 1 on 1 is more rewarding.
alright, I trust you, in the next days i'll try to arrange something with someone :p just decided my new team will be around MegaGross (damn i like how it sounds hahaha)

Hi everybody, I first started playing on PS last year with friends in Random Battles. I tried OU once and got destroyed, although to be fair I was using 6 dragons with no hazard control and my first opponent had a Mamoswine or something :\

Anyways, over time I into playing OU after I heard about a really interesting pokemon called Aegislash. After a good bit of preparation I created my first somewhat successful team. Over time, I improved my skills.

One day, I came across Pokeaim's Road to Top 10 in OU. I was amazed at his incredible rise, beating people on the ladder with a variety of teams. That's when I first really started getting into the competitive side of things for real-- and so here I am!

QueBien

Hello everyone. My name is Matthew and I am 22 years old. I am in the U.S. Air Force. I am currently stationed in North Dakota. I used to play all the old Pokemon games and I have recently gotten back into the game. I would love to start getting into competitive Pokemon battling and I was pointed here. Some other things about me is I am a huge horror movie junkie. I also game on PS4. I love sports, hockey being my favorite. I also love metal music and I am originally from Maine. I also lived in Italy for two years. That about sums it up at the moment. :)
Hi Mesty!
In the Air Force? Cool!! :O Nice to meet you! If you need any help getting around, PM a mentor. Try out the different tiers and rooms and find some you like; then you can fine-tune your skills in them. Have a great time, and feel free to ask questions!
Yo! I'm Suli and I'm 15. Last Pokemon experience I had was with B/W but recently I got introduced to competitive pokemon by a friend of mine. Favourite gen is easily 4th and my favourite Pokemon is Lucario 'cuz who doesn't love his awesome design? Hope to make friends here!
//Also I'll be streaming my P.S. experience on Twitch. Link is in my profile :)
Hey Suli Hyuga!
Lucario is also my favorite Pokemon! (though tied with Bisharp) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. PM a mentor if you need help with anything (such as competitive battling) and try out the different forum sections we have here in Smogon! Have a great time, and I hope to see you around!
Hi everybody, I first started playing on PS last year with friends in Random Battles. I tried OU once and got destroyed, although to be fair I was using 6 dragons with no hazard control and my first opponent had a Mamoswine or something :\

Anyways, over time I into playing OU after I heard about a really interesting pokemon called Aegislash. After a good bit of preparation I created my first somewhat successful team. Over time, I improved my skills.

One day, I came across Pokeaim's Road to Top 10 in OU. I was amazed at his incredible rise, beating people on the ladder with a variety of teams. That's when I first really started getting into the competitive side of things for real-- and so here I am!
Hello Blazikarados!
OU was my first tier! Aegislash was a major part of my first OU team, but sadly, it is now a Uber-mon. :/ Have you visited the "OverUsed" room in Showdown? You can discuss the tier there. If you would like some help getting your OU (or any other tier) skills improved, PM a mentor. You can also go here for a guide to the different tiers and to some basics of competitive battling (though I can tell you already know them). Have fun, and good luck with your OU battling!

Hey there! I'm Darklatias92, but you can call me DL92 if you want.

I've been a Pokemon fan since Pokemon Red and I've attempted to do some more competitive battling during the NetBattle era. I've bred semi-competitive Pokemon, but never got myself to breed "full battling machines". Never had the time to hatch thousands of eggs to get the "perfect" battlers. :P

I've lurked for quite some time around these forums, but never got the guts to actually try to start a conversation. But now I would like to learn more about competitive battling, at least on the simulator.

Last thing, I'm a hybrid Italian/Dominican girl and English is my third language, so don't go too hard with me if I make a simple typo, ok? :)

Reactions: ckn
Hey there. Im ckn. Im a returning member to the forum. I stopped playing pokemon after the whole black and white saga and this "fairy" type situation came about, me being older "22" and being from the red and blue generation it was pretty hard for me to accept playing with pokemon made of ice cream and friggin fairy dust but my gf is buying me a 2ds and OR so I figured I might as well give it a try. I hope to meet some cool ppl into battling and trading like last time so hope to tlk with you folks soon.

QueBien

Hey there! I'm Darklatias92, but you can call me DL92 if you want.

I've been a Pokemon fan since Pokemon Red and I've attempted to do some more competitive battling during the NetBattle era. I've bred semi-competitive Pokemon, but never got myself to breed "full battling machines". Never had the time to hatch thousands of eggs to get the "perfect" battlers. :P

I've lurked for quite some time around these forums, but never got the guts to actually try to start a conversation. But now I would like to learn more about competitive battling, at least on the simulator.

Last thing, I'm a hybrid Italian/Dominican girl and English is my third language, so don't go too hard with me if I make a simple typo, ok? :)
Hi Darklatias92!
It's always cool to see an original player! Yeah, I've never really cared for breeding competitive Pokemon in-game. :/ You can go here for a guide to the different tiers and for some help with team-building and other basics. As for typos, don't worry; I doubt there are too many grammar police here. :) Have a great time, and ask questions if you have any!
Hi im no one, my life is pretty boring so i don't want to derail this thread with arbitrary events from my life.
Hello accidental_racist!
(Or should I say "no one"? :I ) You won't be derailing the thread with your life's events. In fact, I'm pretty sure we enjoy hearing stories that help us get to know you better! :) If you need any help, PM a mentor. Otherwise, have fun!
Hey there. Im ckn. Im a returning member to the forum. I stopped playing pokemon after the whole black and white saga and this "fairy" type situation came about, me being older "22" and being from the red and blue generation it was pretty hard for me to accept playing with pokemon made of ice cream and friggin fairy dust but my gf is buying me a 2ds and OR so I figured I might as well give it a try. I hope to meet some cool ppl into battling and trading like last time so hope to tlk with you folks soon.
Hey ckn!
Welcome back! Yeah, I've always wanted to eat Vanillish. :/ But the fairy type did even out the playing field a bit (helped with the dragon situation). Have a great time in the forums and I'll see you around!

Reactions: ckn
Hello Everyone, I'm Kabazaki.
I've been playing Pokémon since Pokémon Blue (still have my original Blue cartdrige, doesn't work tho) and started playing competitive Pokémon since HG/SS when I wanted competitive Pokémon to play in the Battle Frontier. I still love to play in this kind of challanges (been grindin Battle Maison Singles in ORAS). One of my dreams is to get all trophies in Battle Maison and get a 1000+ win streak on Super Singles (My best score is 54 atm).
Also I'm not a native English Speaker, so I can make a typo here and there.

Last edited:
I guess I never took the time to write a proper introduction.

Well, I'm Snack Attack. I'm 22 years old and a senior in college. I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, but have been on and off competitively since Gen 3. To be honest, I'm playing Pokemon again because I'm really bored and I don't have to spend money on a 3DS and ORAS because of the existence of Showdown, which is pretty awesome.

Outside of Pokemon, I love sports of all kinds, especially water sports. I am a collegiate swimmer and I specialize in the Breaststroke, Butterfly, and the Individual Medley. I am also a member of the Water Polo club and play it after the swim season is over.

I quit video games as a whole for a while, but I was also involved in the SSB scene for a little while. After swimming is over, I'll have nothing to compete in, and I thrive on competition, which is my main reason for being here, I think.

I realize I have a lot to learn, but it is an exciting prospect for me. You can find me on PS as Snahck.

QueBien

Hello Everyone, I'm Kabazaki.
I've been playing Pokémon since Pokémon Blue (still have my original Blue cartdrige, doesn't work tho) and started playing competitive Pokémon since HG/SS when I wanted competitive Pokémon to play in the Battle Frontier. I still love to play in this kind of challanges (been grindin Battle Maison Singles in ORAS). One of my dreams is to get all trophies in Battle Maison and get a 1000+ win streak on Super Singles (My best score is 54 atm).
Also I'm not a native English Speaker, so I can make a typo here and there.
Hi Kabazaki!
Nice to meet you! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them. PM a mentor, too, if you would like some help with competitive battling. Have a great time in Showdown and good luck with your Battle Maison dream!
I guess I never took the time to write a proper introduction.

Well, I'm Snack Attack. I'm 22 years old and a senior in college. I've played Pokemon since Red and Blue, but have been on and off competitively since Gen 3. To be honest, I'm playing Pokemon again because I'm really bored and I don't have to spend money on a 3DS and ORAS because of the existence of Showdown, which is pretty awesome.

Outside of Pokemon, I love sports of all kinds, especially water sports. I am a collegiate swimmer and I specialize in the Breaststroke, Butterfly, and the Individual Medley. I am also a member of the Water Polo club and play it after the swim season is over.

I quit video games as a whole for a while, but I was also involved in the SSB scene for a little while. After swimming is over, I'll have nothing to compete in, and I thrive on competition, which is my main reason for being here, I think.

I realize I have a lot to learn, but it is an exciting prospect for me. You can find me on PS as Snahck.
Hey Snack Attack!
Welcome back! Can I call you Jack? It looks like you're settled in, so I don't have to yak about much. Don't be taken aback by these next questions: is your favorite color black? Is "Sky Attack" your favorite move? Do you like Big Macs? Anyways, let's get back on track. PM a mentor if you need help with anything. Have fun, and I'll see you around! (We should battle sometime: I may be a quack but my skill doesn't lack much!) ;D

Last edited:
hey guys. my name is G-Sect and I just started playing pokemon competitively yesterday. if anyone can give me tips & tricks on playing competitive pokemon, I would be pleased! ^~^ btw dont be shy. hit me up with a conversation!

Hello everyone, I'm Kuraineko and I've been battling competitively for about 4 months now. I look forward to participating in the forums.

QueBien

hey guys. my name is G-Sect and I just started playing pokemon competitively yesterday. if anyone can give me tips & tricks on playing competitive pokemon, I would be pleased! ^~^ btw dont be shy. hit me up with a conversation!
Hey G-Sect!
Since you are new to competitive battling, I would recommend that you look over this guide to the different tiers and the basics of it. Also, PM a mentor if you would like additional help with improving your skills or with getting around. Visit some different rooms in Showdown to start getting involved with the community! :) Have a great time and good luck with battling!
Hello everyone, I'm Kuraineko and I've been battling competitively for about 4 months now. I look forward to participating in the forums.
Hi Kuraineko!
Seems like you already know your way around things! Remember to ask questions if you have any; otherwise have fun in both Smogon and Showdown!

QueBien

Hi everyone! I'm negusplease and it's a pleasure to meet all of you! I've been lurking on the forums for years (strategydex too good), but i decided to make an account after joining the random cup tournament (i needed one to join lols). My favorite pokemon is blissey, but gen3 is my favorite gen for some reason. I also love skarmory and choice band scizor... and parenthetical insertions (i mean i needed to put one here even though i had nothing else to say). okay that was a bit long, but yeah i hope to get to know everyone more, and feel free to pm me about random things, like help on your homework! xP
Hello negusplease!
I am so sorry that I forgot to greet you! D: Generation 3 is also my favorite, which is why I got Alpha Sapphire a while back. :) My favorite Pokemon are Lucario and Bisharp, but Scizor is also pretty high up there! Welcome to Smogon; ask questions if you have them and don't forget to have fun!

Hello Everyone!
I'm from Brazil, a bit older (28yro atm), but also a diehard Pokemon fan!
Still I'm new here, since Nintendo DS realease was I moved to play on Emulators rather than in consoles.
I'm looking to learn about competitive battles before buying a 3DS (since PS4 cost me a lot of freetime).
Is Emulators players allowed to participate in Tutoring System and Competitive battles?

i believe so.
Hello Everyone!
I'm from Brazil, a bit older (28yro atm), but also a diehard Pokemon fan!
Still I'm new here, since Nintendo DS realease was I moved to play on Emulators rather than in consoles.
I'm looking to learn about competitive battles before buying a 3DS (since PS4 cost me a lot of freetime).
Is Emulators players allowed to participate in Tutoring System and Competitive battles?
hey Fhrek! im from thailand btw ^O^ i think that you can still participate in the tutoring system and competitive battles since it is free to play. btwhit me up with a conversation if you want! i have to go for now but feel free to tal to me soon :)

Hi! I'm Rachel and I'm 24. My very first video game ever way back in the day was pokemon blue on gameboy, and like the inner child I am, I have never stopped playing.

For years now I have bred pokemon for people who battled competitively or people who just wanted something in specific. No one big or anything but around random forums or reddit and such. I have a pretty sizeable dex and an almost fully complete national dex of pokemon across several games.

So, recently I've been watching a lot of youtube battlers as well as the replay list on showdown and I thought to myself that since breeding has become a little boring, I wanted to learn how to get into competitive battling. With the amount of different pokemon I have, literally nothing is out of my grasp in terms of finding something (At least I think!) , so why not teach myself how to actually use these pokemon.

I was thinking of getting into either Battle Spot, VGC, NU or RU. If I get confident enough maybe OU, but I'm mostly interested in the others to start.

What intimidates me most is prediction. I mean, I'm good at it in things I know like MtG, but with Pokemon I just have so little experience and don't really know where to start learning or how. I need the whole package, like: Team building and synergy, knowing the meta, learning how to predict, and all of that.

I like to think I'm a quick study and once I feel like I have a foot in the door, I can take off from there. I've lurked here for many years just reading all the fascinating things, and I'm hoping I can actually become a part of this community.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is miniroo. I am new to the Pokemon scene, but I've been a lurker here since 2009 (mainly for the Strategydex and The Smog magazine). I mainly enjoy fighting games, but every since ORAS came out, I've suddenly become interested in Pokemon again. Knowing that there's a lot of skilled players here, I hope to learn all I can to get good at this game!

Yo! I'm Matt, from Hawaii. I tried to "retire" from Pokemon because of time constraints and sold my 3DS before I could get addicted to ORAS; however, kicking the habit completely was impossible. Showdown kept me in the game. I'd like to improve, and even get in on the mentoring program. It would be great if someone could help me out! Peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)