Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

So, first post yey, and just a quick question to go with it. My girl and I started just having fun on Pokemon and have gotten mildly competitive with one another recently. She likes all the cute, unevolved Pokemon and I like structure so when we play, we play by LC rules. Technically there are 2 questions and they are linked:
1) Is Vulpix not allowed? He's nowhere to be found on the banned list, but when I view all LC X/Y Pokemon, he is nowhere on the list.
2) Is it possible to get a LC viable Vulpix with Drought?
Thank you for your time :)

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also how do i use gifs for my avatar?
lol
You can use a GIF but you have to use a certain size of data. When you have a badge, this size is extended to using higher quality/longer GIFs. To use them just save the file normally and upload it as a picture.
So, first post yey, and just a quick question to go with it. My girl and I started just having fun on Pokemon and have gotten mildly competitive with one another recently. She likes all the cute, unevolved Pokemon and I like structure so when we play, we play by LC rules. Technically there are 2 questions and they are linked:
1) Is Vulpix not allowed? He's nowhere to be found on the banned list, but when I view all LC X/Y Pokemon, he is nowhere on the list.
Vulpix is on the list :) It is Low A- Rank
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings.3496013/

Anything below UU has banned weather from abilities such as Drizzle and Drought meaning Vulpix can't use Drought as its ability.
Does anybody know if someone has compiled a list of non-hoenn pokemon found in ORAS, and how and where to get them? Thanks
I tried looking and haven't found anything on it so I apologize ): All I found was http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/unobtainable.shtml The unobtainable but I'll keep looking and tell you if I find anything.

What is CAP ASB and where is it? I sometimes see CAP ASB, but I can't find it on the forums list.
Hey there, CAP ASB (or just ASB) is a subforum in Circus Maximus at the bottom of the Smogon homepage. ASB stands for Anime Style Battling, and CAP ASB is smogon's own version (ASB is also on serebii and bulbapedia). Here's an article, although somewhat outdated, explaining it in detail: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/asb
Also the article that the guy above mentioned (http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue26/asb)

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can use a GIF but you have to use a certain size of data. When you have a badge, this size is extended to using higher quality/longer GIFs. To use them just save the file normally and upload it as a picture.

Vulpix is on the list :) It is Low A- Rank
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings.3496013/

Anything below UU has banned weather from abilities such as Drizzle and Drought meaning Vulpix can't use Drought as its ability.

I tried looking and haven't found anything on it so I apologize ): All I found was http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/unobtainable.shtml The unobtainable but I'll keep looking and tell you if I find anything.
DARNELL IS A FILTHY LIAR. Vulpix can use Drought because LC plays by different rules than other tiers. Bans in UU, RU, and NU don't affect the metagame at all (we still have Shadow Tag legal as well). If you have any other questions regarding LC, feel free to VM or PM me, as its my main tier and I'm not a huge nerd like resident nerd Darnell.

darn edit: I suck :( !

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway I can transfer berries/items from B/W to ORAS/XY. I saved my masterball from B/W and I really don't want to blow it on some B/W poke when I can save it to try and SR for a 5 IV Lati in ORAS.

I have a question. I just got Pokemon Alpha Sapphire today. I'm about to get a Pokemon from a friend via trading online. But where do I go to get the Pokemon for trading?

Edit: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited:
Hey guys. name is G-Sect and im new here. I dont know much about competitive battling how the forums so I want some questions answered which woud help me a lot :)
Questions:
~ How does one get a smogon tutor to teaching me the ways of competitive battling?

~ I want to find a forum for asking ideas for teams. where is that?

if you guys can help answer some newbies questions that would be rather pleasing. thx guys (⌒▽⌒)☆

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys. name is G-Sect and im new here. I dont know much about competitive battling how the forums so I want some questions answered which woud help me a lot :)
Questions:
~ How does one get a smogon tutor to teaching me the ways of competitive battling?

~ I want to find a forum for asking ideas for teams. where is that?

if you guys can help answer some newbies questions that would be rather pleasing. thx guys (⌒▽⌒)☆
1. You can sign up for a Tutor by posting your application in the Sign-Up thread in Battling 101. The sign-up thread will be made on January 2nd. To see the Battling 101 schedule, see this.

2. There isn't a forum for asking team ideas, but you can check out the Rate My Team subforum to get ideas on making your own!

I'm hoping to RNG for a near perfect Suicune in my Soul Silver - but I need the Java RNG/Pika Timer software to do so. Are those still available for download? because I cant find them anywhere. If they aren't available, is there an adequate substitute program + guide I can use?

How do I plug Pokemon Sprites into threads? I did a bit of Googling and noticed the [PIMG] way to do it, I tested it and it wasn't working. Is there a new way to insert them or something? Do I have to manually save sprites, upload them to Photobucket, and then upload them here?

Thanks. :D

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do I plug Pokemon Sprites into threads? I did a bit of Googling and noticed the [PIMG] way to do it, I tested it and it wasn't working. Is there a new way to insert them or something? Do I have to manually save sprites, upload them to Photobucket, and then upload them here?

Thanks. :D
Use the middle button from this panel:
and then insert an image link such as http://puu.sh/dPhkd/af291ed440.png that ends in .png or .jpg (there may be another one but those are the main 2).

Yeah, that's how I thought it worked.
Thanks for the reply, haha. <3

Also, I forget how to quote somebody. Is the BBC Code [ QUOTE=(Insert Name)][/QUOTE]?

I've searched around on the rules and help threads, but I can't find what permissions are needed to post in the RMT threads, so what do I need to be able to post there? Thank you in advance.

-edit-
Also, is there a specific forum for monotypes?

I've searched around on the rules and help threads, but I can't find what permissions are needed to post in the RMT threads, so what do I need to be able to post there? Thank you in advance.

-edit-
Also, is there a specific forum for monotypes?
Your answer can be found here, friend. :3

Your answer can be found here, friend. :3
I've been there, still didn't find my answer. I guess maybe for the monotype question, but it doesn't tell what permissions are needed to post, just guidelines for posting and rules for posting. not how to be able to post.

where the reply button should be it says "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"

I've been there, still didn't find my answer. I guess maybe for the monotype question, but it doesn't tell what permissions are needed to post, just guidelines for posting and rules for posting. not how to be able to post.

where the reply button should be it says "(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)"
I'm sorry, I don't think I understand what you're talking about here. When I joined yesterday, I was able to make my RMT Post just fine.

I'm sorry, I don't think I understand what you're talking about here. When I joined yesterday, I was able to make my RMT Post just fine.
well thats odd.. It wont let me make a post.
Ahhh I see what's the problem, I was trying to post in Team Showcase. not ORAS Other Teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)