Help me With my RU team. :3

First of all, i need to apologize about my english, if you can't understand something it's my fault. D:
I'm new on RU and i need some help to build my team. I'm not expert on explaining things, but i'll do my best, so here we go.

Sona (Meloetta) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

I choose meloetta because it's my favorite pokémon (thats why i'm start playing on RU). i use Meloetta as my Sweeper, and depending on the opponent's team, to use as an early game damage dealer. Relic Song for forme changing, Close Combat is her main STAB move, quick attack to deal with some threats that can outspeed her, and knock off to deal with ghosts.

Banette (F) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off/Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak/Will-o-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Protect/Shadow Claw

I'm in doubt why i use Banette, i like the Destiny Bond with prankster almost guaranteed kill, and pranskter wow to make easier for meloetta to transform. The most offensive set is more for fun, but it works well against glass cannon pokémon.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

I Use Hitmonlee as my main Lead, Fake Out + Normal Gem to maximize damage and flinch stealth rock users, that way, unburden is active and Hitmonlee speed is doubled, allowing him to kill non-scarfed revenge killers (works well against trainers who doesn't know about unburden, rarely works). Poison Jab is the move against Fairy Type pokémon.

Jolteon (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Volt Switch

After these 3 Physical attackers, i choose Jolteon as my main Special attacker, i don't use Specs because i can easily volt switch, after killing a pokémon, to Claydol or Sigilyph who are more bulky and can take some damage.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost

I like Sigilyph because it's very annoying to play against, as my special wall, he can be a threat if the oponent doesn't have any move to switch out Sigilyph. Cosmic Power is to make him more bulky, while flame orb + psycho shift reduces the damage and deals damage to the enemy, and roost is for recovering.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

If i don't use Hitmonlee can't deal with the enemy lead, claydol is my second choice to be my lead, Stealth Rock and Toxic for supporting, also helps Meloetta to kill some threats, Earth Power is to deal some damage if necessary. I choosed Claydol because (correct me if i am wrong) he is the only in RU that can set and remove hazzards.

Any suggestions? :3

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, Best Sona BR!

This is a pretty neat RU team you have here, and I have a few recommendations that should help it perform better. The main issues I'm seeing here are that having both Hitmonlee and Meloetta-P on the same team compounds the weaknesses that Fighting has, and also your supporter is easily worn down due to lack of recovery. Escavalier can also pose a threat to this team with its powerful attacks.

->

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

My first suggestion is swapping Claydol out for Gligar. This Gligar set fulfills all the intended roles that your Claydol set does except remove hazards, which I'll cover later in my rate. In addition, Gligar not only has higher Speed and less weaknesses, but it also has the ability to heal off damage with Roost, which are all things that Claydol cannot lay claim to. This change also alleviates the weakness to Dark that other members of the team already share, and Gligar also deals with Escavalier easily even if its Eviolite is removed by Knock Off. There is a lot gained with this change.

Sona (Meloetta) @ Assault Vest -> Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpA / 252 Spe -> 252 HP / 188 Def / 24 SpA / 44 Spe
Hasty Nature -> Modest Nature
- Relic Song -> Substitute
- Close Combat -> Calm Mind
- Quick Attack -> Hyper Voice
- Knock Off -> Shadow Ball

I'd like to suggest these fixes to your Meloetta set. This is a pretty drastic switch here, but I will explain. Meloetta-P isn't bulky enough to effectively make use of Assault Vest, and having Meloetta-P on the team makes Psychic, Fairy, and Flying attacks twice as threatening to the team because Hitmonlee has the exact same weaknesses. This Meloetta set lets it retain its unique typing and work as a potent special sweeper with perfect coverage in only two moves as well as better synergy with the team.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem -> Life Orb
Ability: Unburden -> Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out -> Mach Punch
- Poison Jab -> Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

I'd like to suggest these fixes to your Hitmonlee set. The Fake Out + Normal Gem + Unburden strategy can come in handy for sweeping, but the drawback is that it all fades and becomes worthless if Hitmonlee has to switch, which is bound to happen in RU. As such, the Reckless ability and Life Orb maximize its damage output and these benefits last as long as Hitmonlee does, no matter how many times it has to switch out after hitting something. Rapid Spin rids the team of troubling entry hazards and also puts the hazard removal that was taken out with Claydol back into the team on a more practical Pokemon. Poison Jab isn't needed to hit Fairy-types all that much, as Life Orb Reckless High Jump Kick is a clean 2HKO on Whimsicott and Aromatisse, and only requires a small amount of prior damage to 2HKO the physically defensive variant of the latter. Mach Punch is more practical priority than Fake Out for the STAB bonus and ability to use it on any turn as opposed to Fake Out being usable only on the first turn the user is out.

This concludes my rate! I wish you luck and success with your team! :)

Last edited:

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Thank you, i'll try those changes right now!!! :3

About Meloetta-P, what if i change Assault Vest for a Life Orb?
That would be a more viable set for it, but it's still ill-advised to use Meloetta-P on the same team as Hitmonlee, as they share so many weaknesses. If you ever do want to try Meloetta-P on a team it fits on, however, a set of Relic Song, Knock Off, Close Combat, and Return with Jolly nature and 252/252 in Attack and Speed will do fine. I don't recommend using Quick Attack at all, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)