Pokémon Serperior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I was just about to edit that into my post, ninja'd :D thanks though. Now to find out where one goes to ask for updates on these things :O
Like the ORAS Megas, while we know everything about it and what it can do, we still can't implement Serperior because it still hasn't been released yet.

D:

Such derp
We've spent so long discussing it I actually forgot nobody had one yet?
...I blame the rich Christmas food
...and heavily impacted brain cells

Pretend I said nothing :( //embarrassed

D:

Such derp
We've spent so long discussing it I actually forgot nobody had one yet?
...I blame the rich Christmas food
...and heavily impacted brain cells

Pretend I said nothing :( //embarrassed
If you really want to practice, like in the maison or something they're flooding the GTS now.

But they're not even released ye- ahhh the wonders of hacking :/ I'd like to believe that the one I eventually get in mid January is descended from a legitimately distributed one. What's that phrase again...? Culpable ignorance or something? I'd prefer to be able to say that my Serperior has a *shot* at being legit.

Contrary serperior still hasn't been released yet, it's just been leaked out. I think they're being released in like 5 days or so.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Remove HP Rock and Ice; getting walled by Steel-types is a huge no-no, healthy Talonflame survives HP Rock and it doesn't stop it from checking you if it's revenging or got in on a Leaf Storm, and as already stated HP Ice is redundant with Dragon Pulse (also the Speed IV doesn't really matter since you're not running max anyway).

Also this is more of a personal nitpick, but can you please change the alignment of the OP to left instead of center?

EDIT: Forgot the Life Orb when calcing, Talonflame does die to HP Rock. It still doesn't stop it from checking you.

Last edited:
Remove HP Rock and Ice; getting walled by Steel-types is a huge no-no, healthy Talonflame survives HP Rock and it doesn't stop it from checking you if it's revenging or got in on a Leaf Storm, and as already stated HP Ice is redundant with Dragon Pulse (also the Speed IV doesn't really matter since you're not running max anyway).

Also this is more of a personal nitpick, but can you please change the alignment of the OP to left instead of center?
HP rock is for more than just talonflame though. It also beats Pinsir and Yzard, the former evenmoreso if you're behind a sub. I agree about dropping ice though. I think Fire, Rock, and Ground are the go to hidden powers, and since you're always walled by something, you basically choose what walls you and let your team handle the rest.

HP Ground is good for Heatran if you use Magnezone for the rest of the Steels. I'm on my phone but can +2 HP Ground KO SpD Heatran after the Leaf Storm?

Karxrida

HP Ground is good for Heatran if you use Magnezone for the rest of the Steels. I'm on my phone but can +2 HP Ground KO SpD Heatran after the Leaf Storm?
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 34-40 (8.8 - 10.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 338-400 (87.7 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

It's a roll, but yes. It will definitely die with Rocks up.

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 34-40 (8.8 - 10.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Ground vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 338-400 (87.7 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Oh shoot, I was just running those calcs, and neglected Life Orb. That just might be the go to item

Have you even read this thread?
Why no good sir, I just have a bunch of posts in here for no good reason, Of course I've read the thread dude. I just take into account my own personal experiences above anything else, and since I don't run LO, it didn't register to add it to any of my calcs. This time around I've gone after longevity as opposed to all out power, and of course LO cuts that in half. This thread actually made me consider speedy attacking sets again as opposed to the bulky support sets I usually run.

Karxrida

Why no good sir, I just have a bunch of posts in here for no good reason, Of course I've read the thread dude. I just take into account my own personal experiences above anything else, and since I don't run LO, it didn't register to add it to any of my calcs. This time around I've gone after longevity as opposed to all out power, and of course LO cuts that in half. This thread actually made me consider speedy attacking sets again as opposed to the bulky support sets I usually run.
Serperior is weak as balls with only 75 Special Attack and needs all the power it can get. Life Orb is perfect because it's above the 110 Speed Tier and it doesn't need the bulk anyway since it's not that bulky in the first place and losing out on KOs will get you killed anyway. Plus is has Giga Drain.

Serperior is weak as balls with only 75 Special Attack and needs all the power it can get. Life Orb is perfect because it's above the 110 Speed Tier and it doesn't need the bulk anyway since it's not that bulky in the first place and losing out on KOs will get you killed anyway. Plus is has Giga Drain.
I realize being above the 110 benchmark has recently become a very big deal, but I've been finding some success with a bulky glare set. I would definitely say because it's less than optimal it requires a bit more skill to pull off successfully. I had initally given up on even the thought of trying to sweep, but it seems a lot of things just might fall into place for that. Greninja almost certainly getting the boot is going to be a huge boost, cause he's probably one of the biggest cockblocks for Serperior out there, unless you snag a sticky web boost.

Does that factor in Leftovers recovery after the first turn though? It sounds like a crapshoot if you take that into account.

Karxrida

I realize being above the 110 benchmark has recently become a very big deal, but I've been finding some success with a bulky glare set. I would definitely say because it's less than optimal it requires a bit more skill to pull off successfully. I had initally given up on even the thought of trying to sweep, but it seems a lot of things just might fall into place for that. Greninja almost certainly getting the boot is going to be a huge boost, cause he's probably one of the biggest cockblocks for Serperior out there, unless you snag a sticky web boost.
Serperior is a Wallbreaker that can break through Slowbro and Sableye and can potentially clean late-game if circumstances allow for it.

Does that factor in Leftovers recovery after the first turn though? It sounds like a crapshoot if you take that into account.
I don't know the exact percentage because I'm too lazy to math, but it can 2HKO through Lefties since the max damage is about 111%.

EDIT: Yeah it'll live if it has Protect bar SR damage.

Per Serebii:

During todays episode of Pokémon Get☆TV, the serial code for the Contrary Serperior was revealed. This serial code is a shared code which can be used by multiple people rather than the one-time use serial codes of other events. This code cannot be redeemed until January 9th 2015 but can then be redeemed all the way up to November 30th 2015. The code is POKEMON497.
Never messed with codes like this before. Will this be Japan systems only, or can everyone use it.

Dual Screens:
Serperior w/ Light Clay
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP/ 16 Def/ 240 Speed
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Synthesis

This one; I'd like to take the time to say how much I appreciate this set. Overused or not, I'm just glad there's finally a real threat packed into a Dual Screener.

Serperior will become a good offensive dual screener when contrary gets released, but right now it sucks really bad because contrary still hasn't been released :(

As much as I'd love to run glare as the fourth move (after leaf storm, dragon pulse, and hp ground) to mess with sceptiles and garchomps, giga drain's the way to go. Meadow plate is trash, choice scarf/specs is suicide, so life orb it is. Plus, I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty sure those 8 leaf storms won't get serp far; giga drain is a great STAB move to counteract the LO recoil and is acceptably powerful after a nuke leaf storm or two.

As much as I'd love to run glare as the fourth move (after leaf storm, dragon pulse, and hp ground) to mess with sceptiles and garchomps, giga drain's the way to go. Meadow plate is trash, choice scarf/specs is suicide, so life orb it is. Plus, I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty sure those 8 leaf storms won't get serp far; giga drain is a great STAB move to counteract the LO recoil and is acceptably powerful after a nuke leaf storm or two.
I think double screens should get a mention, this guy can force a lot of switches to be honest and with that he can stay relevant to his teammates even if leaf storm spam becomes irrelevant through the match.

Last edited:
I think double screens should get a mention, this guy can force a lot of switches to be honest and with that he can stay relevant to his teammates even if leads term spam becomes irrelevant through the match.
It is pretty nice to have an offensive screener, I guess. I'm just stumped on the fourth move (again). Dual screens, standard.jpg leaf storm, and....well, the smeargle hater in me wants to say taunt. But some other folks have already mentioned giga drain or synthesis for recovery, which sounds better overall. But still.....Ugh. I just want to use glare in OU, dammit. :[ Such a great move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)