UU Crobat

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Overview
########

Crobat's unique combination of stats, typing, and movepool make it an interesting Pokemon in UU. By virtue of its decent bulk, Speed, and Attack, Crobat is arguably the best check to Fighting- and Grass-type Pokemon in UU, having enough bulk and a good typing to take any of their STAB moves and the Speed and Attack to strike back. It has a great movepool, including access to Defog, Taunt, U-turn, Roost, and STAB moves of choice, allowing it to function as an excellent team supporter. Thanks to its amazing Speed and decent Attack stats, it can be an effective user of Choice Band for decimating offensive teams. While decent enough to get by, base 90 Attack is nothing to write home about, so Crobat's Choice Band set often isn't powerful enough to take apart defensive builds. The same goes for Crobat's bulk; while it gets the job done, don't expect Crobat to be sponging attacks all day long.

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Brave Bird / Acrobatics
move 2: U-turn / Toxic / Taunt
move 3: Defog / Taunt
move 4: Roost
ability: Infiltrator
item: Black Sludge
evs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a powerful, reliable STAB move that hits rather hard off the bat and OHKOes many Fighting- and Grass-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, Toxicroak, Infernape, Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught, therefore completing Crobat's job of checking them. However, Acrobatics can be run without an item to take Knock Off better and by extension effectively counter Mega Beedrill. U-turn is valuable for the momentum it gains for the team, but can be omitted in favor of Toxic, which cripples walls and puts sweepers on a timer, or Taunt, which also cripples walls and can be used well in conjunction with Defog. Defog allows Crobat to clear entry hazards for your team. However, Taunt can be used on more offensive teams to keep foes from clearing away your own entry hazards with Defog and to cripple opposing walls. Finally, Roost is important in the last moveslot for reliable recovery and allowing Crobat to clear entry hazards and check Fighting- and Grass-types multiple times throughout the match.
Set Details
========

The given HP EVs maximize Crobat's HP while rounding down damage taken from Stealth Rock. 200 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature are enough to outspeed Noivern, but Crobat also outspeeds other threats such as Mega Pidgeot and non-Mega Alakazam. The rest of the EVs are placed in Defense to check physical Fighting-types and Mega Beedrill better. Sky Plate can be used with 252 EVs in Attack to have more offensive presence and can be useful on more offensively based teams. If countering Mega Beedrill is a priority, then no item and Acrobatics can be used to take less damage from its Knock Off. Infiltrator is the ability of choice to hit Pokemon that are behind a Substitute, but Inner Focus can be used to avoid being flinched by Jirachi.

Usage Tips
========

This Crobat set serves as a check to the Fighting- and Grass-types in UU and controls entry hazards in the process, be it through Taunt or Defog. If using a variant with Defog, try to bring Crobat in on a Fighting- or Grass-type and Defog on the switch or gain momentum with U-turn. If using Taunt, bringing Crobat in against the opponent's Defogger or entry hazard setter via U-turn, Volt Switch, or a double switch is the best way to keep the foe from doing its respective job. Finally, Crobat can stallbreak to an extent by crippling foes with Taunt.
Team Options
========

Crobat fits well on balance, offense, and bulky offense teams that require entry hazard control or a check to Fighting- and Grass-types. Variants of Crobat carrying Taunt fit well on offensive teams, as they can keep your entry hazards on the field by using Taunt to prevent the foe from Defogging and can also be useful in keeping foes from setting entry hazards of their own. Crobat utilizing Defog works very well on balanced and bulky offense teams for its ability to clear away entry hazards multiple times throughout the course of the match. In terms of specific teammates, Swampert is notable for its good defensive synergy with Crobat, with Swampert taking on Rock- and Electric-types and Crobat beating Grass-types and Guts-using Fighting-types, such as Machamp. Also, Crobat has good use in a core consisting of Crobat, Jirachi, and a Dragon-type, often Hydreigon or Mega Ampharos, for their notable defensive synergy and ability to check multiple threats.

BRAVE BAT
########
name: BRAVE BAT
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Cross Poison / Defog
move 4: Defog / Sleep Talk
item: Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a strong and reliable STAB move that is easy to spam and is useful for smashing offensive teams and cleaning late-game. U-turn is valuable for gaining momentum and wearing down Crobat's counters over the course of the match, especially when boosted by Choice Band. Cross Poison is a secondary STAB move that hits Electric- and Fairy-types slightly harder than Brave Bird does, but the only Electric-type that takes significant damage from it is Raikou, which is 2HKOed by Brave Bird after Stealth Rock anyway, and it has only a chance to OHKO Florges after Stealth Rock. Because of this, it can be omitted in favor of Defog for clearing entry hazards. Finally, the last moveslot is a toss-up between Defog, which can clear entry hazards for Crobat's team in a pinch, and Sleep Talk, which allows Crobat to absorb sleep-inducing moves.

Set Details
========

Full investment in Attack and Speed along with a Jolly nature maximizes Crobat's capabilities as a cleaner, revenge killer, and hard-hitter against offensive teams. Choice Band allows Crobat to punch major holes in offensive teams and deal heavy damage to any Pokemon that doesn't resist its powerful Brave Bird. Infiltrator helps Crobat hurt users of Substitute such as Substitute + Calm Mind Suicune and Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure.
Usage Tips
========

This set serves as a check to Fighting- and Grass-types because of its great defensive typing and STAB Brave Bird. It also does heavy damage to offensive teams thanks to its great Speed and strength with Choice Band equipped. It also takes care of common of Substitute-using setup sweepers with the exception of Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi.

Team Options
========

Swampert is a good partner for Crobat thanks to their great defensive synergy together and the fact that it can set up Stealth Rock for Crobat, making Crobat's job of punching holes in the opponent's team easier. In return, Crobat can take care of troublesome Grass-types such as Shaymin, Roserade, Celebi, and Chesnaught. Dugtrio also makes for a good partner for its ability to trap and KO Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types that trouble Crobat.

Other Options
########

A set utilizing Choice Scarf can be used as a very specialized late-game cleaner, as it outpaces all relevant Choice Scarf users, allows Crobat to use an Adamant nature, and grants 80 extra EVs that can be placed in HP, a godsend for a late-game cleaner using recoil moves. Hypnosis can be used to put a foe to sleep but is hard to fit onto a set and isn't very reliable. A specially based set utilizing Nasty Plot to be a setup sweeper can be used, but it forgoes one of Crobat's main attractions in its ability to quickly fire off a powerful Brave Bird, and a special Crobat requires setup to deal significant damage. Whirlwind can be used on the support set to deal with setup sweepers and rack up entry hazard damage but is rather hard to fit onto a set over Crobat's other options. Finally, Haze can be used to stop setup sweepers, but Defog, Taunt, U-turn, and Toxic are better options for Crobat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Ampharos, and Rotom-H resist Brave Bird and can OHKO Crobat with a STAB Thunderbolt.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Jirachi, Mega Aggron, Forretress, and Empoleon resist Brave Bird and can do whatever they like against Crobat, be it set up entry hazards, remove them, or attack.

**Mega Aerodactyl**: Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds Crobat and can take any of Crobat's attacks and then use Taunt to prevent Crobat from using Defog, set up Stealth Rock, use Defog itself, or KO Crobat with Stone Edge.

Overview
########

• It's fast
  • Great support movepool including access to Defog and Taunt
  • STAB Brave Bird
  • Awesome defensive typing
  • Ability to function as both a supporter and offensive Choice Band user
  • Slightly weak
  • Decent but not amazing bulk

Support
########

Moves
========

• Brave Bird is a strong reliable STAB that prevents it from being Taunt bait
  • U-turn is useful for gaining momentum
  • Super Fang helps with breaking stall teams by immediately removing half of the foes HP
  • Toxic cripples walls and puts sweepers on a timer
  • Defog is useful for clearing hazards
  • Taunt can be used on more offensive teams to keep the opponent from Defogging or helping against stall teams
  • Roost for reliable recovery
  • Itemless Acrobatics can be used if you want to take Knock Off better (and basically full-out counter Mega Beedrill)

Set Details
========

• 248 HP EVs for as much bulk as possible and rounding down SR
  • Speed EVs and Jolly nature are used to outspeed Timid Noivern, Timid Mega Pidgeot and base 120s such as Alakazam but can be adjusted to beat other threats
  • Rest are placed in Defense to better check Beedrill and Fighting-types
  • EVs can be adjusted for different bulk, Speed, and Attack
  • Sky Plate and 252 Atk EVs are an option for more offensive presence
  • No item can be used in conjunction with Acrobatics to take Knock Off better
  • Inner Focus can be used in case Jirachi is a pain to your team and can also help with random flinches

Usage Tips
========

• Used to check Fighting- and Grass-types while controlling hazards
  • Used to clear away hazards if using Defog
  • Prevents hazards from being set in the first place / stallbreaks to an extent with Taunt

Team Options
========

• Fits well on balance / offense / bulky offense teams that need hazard control
  • Sets with Taunt work well on offense but Defog works well on bulky offense / balance
  • Swampert has good defensive synergy
  • Crobat / Jirachi / Dragon-type (usually Hydreigon or Mega Ampharos) makes an excellent core

BRAVE BAT
########

Moves
========

• Brave Bird is Crobat's most powerful and spammable STAB move for breaking walls and cleaning late-game
  • Cross Poison is a secondary STAB move that hits Electric- and Fairy-types harder
  • Cross Poison can be omitted in favor of Defog as it doesn't really hit much, while it would be able to run Defog and Sleep Talk
  • U-turn is good for the momentum it grants the users team
  • Defog can be used in a pinch to clear hazards
  • Sleep Talk is an option to switch into sleep inducers more easily

Set Details
========

• EVs and Jolly nature maximize Crobat's Attack and Speed which it should be relying on most as a cleaner / revenge killer / breaker against offensive teams
  • Choice Band allows Crobat to punch major holes in offensive teams and put a large dent in anything that doesn't resist it
  • Infiltrator helps nail Substitute users like Sub + CM Suicune and Sub + CM Chandelure

Usage Tips
========

• Used as a check to Fighting- and Grass-types
  • Deals major damage to offensive teams thanks to its high Speed and good power with Choice Band
  • Takes care of common Substitute users with the exception of Zygarde and Jirachi

Team Options
========

• Swampert has good defensive synergy and can set up Stealth Rock for Crobat and Crobat in turn can remove Grass-types such as Shaymin, Trevenant, Roserade, Celebi, and Chesnaught
  • Dugtrio can remove Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types that stop Crobat

Other Options
########

• Choice Scarf
  • Hypnosis
  • Special Nasty Plot set
  • Whirlwind
  • Haze

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Ampharos, and Rotom-H resist Brave Bird and can OHKO back with a STAB Thunderbolt.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Jirachi, Mega Aggron, Forretress, and Empoleon resist Brave Bird and can do whatever they like, be it set up entry hazards, remove them, or attack back.

**Mega Aerodactyl**: Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds and can take whatever Crobat throws at it and can Taunt Crobat to prevent it from using Defog, set up Stealth Rock, use Defog, or KO with Stone Edge.

Last edited:

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not QC but I think the least amount of Speed bat needs nowadays is 184, in order to outpace Mega Pidgeot, so you can probably reduce the Atk investment to 72 EVs. Also, Sleep Talk probably deserves a slash in the 4th moveslot on the Choice Band set, to allow Crobat to switch into Sleep Powder/Spore from Roserade and Amoonguss and still be able to pull its weight for the team.

Kudos for naming it Brave Bat doe ;-;7

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Considering we're losing Raikou in uu and banded brave bird 2hk0s with rocks anyway, i'd probably mention just have u-turn brave bird sleeptalk with no third move on the banded set. it's tested well and you always get the move you want/need as cross poison hits like florges and that's it. it's just my opinion and i'm not a uu qc member lol but i've definitely used it and has tested well. Nicki Minaj :3 formally omfuga can probably verify

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im pretty sure analyses are required to have 4 moves though and it really has nothing better to run

I agree with Joey... from what I've used of banded Crobat, its poison STAB hardly does anything. With no Zapdos in the tier, and Raikou being 2hko'd by brave bird after rocks (sometimes before rocks), Crobat hardly needs Cross Poison. When Crobat gets put to sleep, it's only pesky to get cross poison with sleep talk.

Although I love banded Crobat, another option is to get rid of choice band completely. With Sky Plate, which is a cool set to play around with in gen 6, you can run both roost and defog while maintaining the massive speed and power. This is handy if you don't want to be too weak to hazard stack, but don't want a complete support pokemon.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

i put that in set details for support because i didnt think it warranted an entirely new set as it plays similarly to support

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would mention somewhere that you can put the extra 72 EVs (or 76, I don't really find porygon-z that important tbh) in Def instead of Atk, which is nice to do if Crobat is your main fighting type check. I know you say different bulk etc, but I feel like this is really the only thing you would change so it's better to be more specific.

I don't really see Super Fang as being that great, so I'd replace it with Taunt in the second slash (Taunt and Defog together is viable) and put Super Fang in moves.

Mention inner focus on the support set

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
ALRIGHTY THEN

min speed for crobat should be beating noivern, not because of noivern itself but because of mega pidgeot, who is only 1 point lower. make it 200 EVs.

the cb set is better with 3 attacks, but i'd def mention defog/cross poison in the set comments or w/e its called.

namehtmas is right btw, i prefer the additional EVs in defense atm. beedrill is so dangerous.

im too lazy to read through the entire analysis but another option on the support set is to run no item and acrobatics > brave bird.

uhh that is all.

Ernesto edit: "drop me im literally not doing to do anything cause i have been conditioned to hate C&C" literally kokoloko smh

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
inner focus is for things like scarf rachi and random flinches, not fake out users

change that and its QC 2/3

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
here's an amcheck

Overview
########

Crobat's unique combination of stats, typing, and movepool make for an unique Pokemon in UU (you used unique twice here). By virtue of its decent bulk, Speed, and Attack, it It is arguably the best check to Fighting- and Grass-type Pokemon in UU, having enough bulk and a good typing to take any of their STAB moves and the Speed and Attack to attack back (alternatively you can take out the last part of this sentence. it's just that the part I took out and the last part are saying almost the same thing). It has a great movepool, including access to Defog, Taunt, U-turn, and Roost, and STAB moves of choice, (is this necessary?) allowing it to function as an excellent team supporter. In addition to its supporting capabilities, thanks to its amazing Speed and decent Attack stat, it can make is an effective user of Choice Band for decimating offensive teams. Sadly, Crobat is not without its flaws. Wwhile decent enough to get by, base 90 Attack is nothing to write home about, so its Crobat's Choice Band set often isn't powerful enough to take apart defensive builds. The same goes for its bulk: while it gets the job done, don't expect Crobat to be sponging attacks all day long. However, Crobat's unique traits and ability to fit on all sorts of teams makes it an excellent option in UU.

Support
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a powerful, reliable STAB move that hits rather hard off the bat and OHKOes many Fighting- and Grass-types, therefore completing Crobat's (apostrophe) job of checking them. However, Acrobatics can be run without an item to take Knock Off better and, by extension, effectively counter Mega Beedrill. U-turn is valuable for the momentum it gains for the team, but it can be omitted in favor of Toxic, which cripples walls and puts sweepers on a timer, or Taunt, which also cripples walls and can be used well in conjunction with Defog. Defog allows Crobat to clear entry hazards for your team. However, Taunt can be used on more offensive teams to cripple walls and (really subjective change but it's a little more clear imo) keep opponents from clearing away your own entry hazards with Defog and cripple walls. Finally, Roost is important in the last moveslot for reliable recovery and allowing Crobat to clear entry hazards or check Fighting- and Grass-types multiple times throughout the match.

Set Details
========

The given HP EVs maximize Crobat's HP while rounding down damage taken from Stealth Rock. 200 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature are enough to outspeed Noivern, but it also outspeeds as well as other threats such as Mega Pidgeot and non-Mega Alakazam. The rest of the EVs are placed in Defense to check physical Fighting-types and Mega Beedrill better. Sky Plate can be used with 252 Attack EVs in Attack to have for more offensive presence, and can be useful on more offensively-based teams. If countering Mega Beedrill is a priority, then no item with Acrobatics can be used to take less damage from its Knock Off. Infiltrator is the ability of choice to hit Substitute users, but Inner Focus can be used to avoid flinches from Jirachi and other random flinching.

Usage Tips
========

This Crobat set serves as a check to the Fighting- and Grass-types in UU while controlling entry hazards in the process (feels redundant with 'while'), be it through Taunt or Defog. If using a variant with Defog, try to bring Crobat in on a Fighting- or Grass-type and use Defog on the switch or gain momentum with U-turn. If using Taunt, bringing Crobat in off of a U-turn, Volt Switch, or double switch against their Defogger or entry hazard setter is the best way to keep the foe from doing its respective job. Finally, if using Taunt, Crobat can stallbreak to an extent by crippling the foes with Taunt.

Team Options
========

Crobat fits well on balance, offense, and bulky offense teams that require entry hazard control or a check to Fighting- and Grass-types. Variants of Crobat carrying Taunt fit well on offensive teams, as it they (variants) can keep your entry hazards on the field by using Taunt to prevent the foe from Defogging, and they can also be useful in keeping the opponent from setting entry hazards of their own. Crobat utilizing Defog work very well on balanced and bulky offense teams for its their ability to clear away entry hazards multiple times throughout the course of the match. In terms of specific teammates, Swampert is notable for its good defensive synergy with Crobat, with Swampert taking on Rock- and Electric-types while Crobat can beat Grass-types and Guts-using Fighting-types such as Machamp for Swampert. Also, Crobat has good use in a core consisting of Crobat, Jirachi, and a Dragon-type, often Hydreigon or Mega Ampharos, for their notable defensive synergy and ability to check multiple threats.

BRAVE BAT
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a strong and reliable STAB move that is easy to spam and is useful for smashing offensive teams and cleaning late-game. U-turn is valuable for gaining momentum and wearing down Crobat's counters over the course of the match, especially when boosted by Choice Band. Cross Poison is a secondary STAB move that hits Electric- and Fairy-types Fairy- and Electric-types (switched this order because of the following change) slightly harder, but it only has a chance to OHKO Florges after Stealth Rock, and the only Electric-types that takes significant damage from it is Raikou, which is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock anyway, and only has a chance to OHKO Florges after Stealth Rock (i moved this above because i felt that it needed either 'it' or 'Cross Poison' between 'only' and 'has', but 'it' is ambiguous and 'Cross Poison' sounded awkward...idk). Because of this, it can be omitted in the favor of Defog for clearing entry hazards. Finally, the last slot is a toss-up between Defog, which can clear entry hazards for Crobat's its team in a pinch, of or Sleep Talk, which allows Crobat to absorb sleep-inducing moves.

Set Details
========

Full investment in Attack and Speed along with a Jolly nature maximize Crobat's capabilities as a cleaner, revenge killer, and breaker against offensive teams. Choice Band allows Crobat to punch major holes in offensive teams and put heavy damage on anything that doesn't resist its powerful Brave Bird. Infiltrator helps Crobat hurt users of Substitute such as Substitute + Calm Mind Suicune and Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure.

Usage Tips
========

This set serves as a check to Fighting- and Grass-types because of its great defensive typing and access to STAB Brave Bird. It also does heavy damage to offensive teams thanks to its great Speed and strength with a Choice Band equipped. It also takes care of common of Substitute-using setup sweepers, (comma) with the exception of Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi and Substitute + Coil Zygarde.

Team Options
========

Swampert makes for a good partner for Crobat thanks to their great defensive synergy and the fact that it can set up Stealth Rock for Crobat, making its job of punching holes in the opponent's team easier. In return, Crobat can take care of troublesome Grass-types such as Shaymin, Roserade, Celebi, and Chesnaught. Dugtrio also makes for a good partner for its ability to trap and KO Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types that trouble Crobat.

Other Options
########

A set utilizing Choice Scarf can be used as a very specialized late-game cleaner, (comma) as it outpaces all relevant Choice Scarf users, allows Crobat to use an Adamant nature, and grants 80 extra EVs that can be placed in HP,: (the dash could also work) a godsend for a late-game cleaner using recoil moves. Hypnosis can be used to put a foe to sleep, but it is hard to fit onto a set and isn't very reliable. A specially based set utilizing Nasty Plot as a setup sweeper can be used, but it forgoes one of Crobat's main attractions in its ability to quickly fire off a powerful Brave Bird, as a special Crobat requires setup to deal significant damage. Whirlwind can be used on the support set to deal with setup sweepers and rack up entry hazard damage, but it is rather hard to fit onto a set over its other options. Finally, Haze can be used to stop setup sweepers, but Defog, Taunt, U-turn, and Toxic are better options for Crobat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Ampharos, and Rotom-H resist Brave Bird and can OHKO Crobat back with a STAB Thunderbolt.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Jirachi, Mega Aggron, Forretress, and Empoleon resist Brave Bird and can do whatever they like, be it set up entry hazards, remove them, or attack back.

**Mega Aerodactyl**: Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds, (comma) and can take whatever Crobat throws at it, (comma) and can then either Taunt Crobat to prevent it from using Defog, set up Stealth Rock, use Defog, or KO with Stone Edge.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ununhexium

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Crobat's unique combination of stats, typing, and movepool make for an unique Pokemon in UU. By virtue of its decent bulk, Speed, and Attack, it is arguably the best check to Fighting- and Grass-type Pokemon in UU, having enough bulk and a good typing to take any of their STAB moves and the Speed and Attack to attack strike back. It has a great movepool, including access to Defog, Taunt, U-turn, Roost, and STAB moves of choice, allowing it to function as an excellent team supporter. In addition to its supporting capabilities, Thanks to its amazing Speed and decent Attack stat, it can make be an effective user of Choice Band for decimating offensive teams. Sadly, Crobat is not without its flaws. However, while decent enough to get by, base 90 Attack is nothing to write home about, so its Crobat's Choice Band set often isn't powerful enough to take apart defensive builds. The same goes for its bulk; (SC) while it gets the job done, don't expect Crobat to be sponging attacks all day long. However, Crobat's unique traits and ability to fit on all sorts of teams makes it an excellent option in UU.

Support
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a powerful, reliable STAB move that hits rather hard off the bat and OHKOes many Fighting- and Grass-types examples, therefore completing Crobat's job of checking them. However, Acrobatics can be run without an item to take Knock Off better and by extension effectively counter Mega Beedrill. U-turn is valuable for the momentum it gains for the team, but can be omitted in favor of Toxic, which cripples walls and puts sweepers on a timer, or Taunt, which also cripples walls and can be used well in conjunction with Defog. Defog allows Crobat to clear entry hazards for your team. However, Taunt can be used on more offensive teams to keep opponents from clearing away your own entry hazards with Defog and to cripple opposing walls. Finally, Roost is important in the last moveslot for reliable recovery and allowing Crobat to clear entry hazards or check Fighting- and Grass-types multiple times throughout the match.

Set Details
========

The given HP EVs maximize Crobat's HP while rounding down damage taken from Stealth Rock. 200 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature are enough to outspeed Noivern, but it Crobat also outspeeds other threats such as Mega Pidgeot and non-Mega Alakazam. The rest of the EVs are placed in Defense to check physical Fighting-types and Mega Beedrill better. Sky Plate can be used with 252 EVs in Attack to have more offensive presence, and can be useful on more offensively based teams. If countering Mega Beedrill is a priority, then no item with Acrobatics can be used to take less damage from its Knock Off. Infiltrator is the ability of choice to hit Substitute users, but Inner Focus can be used to avoid flinches from Jirachi and other random flinching.

Usage Tips
========

This Crobat set serves as a check to the Fighting- and Grass-types in UU while controlling entry hazards in the process, be it through Taunt or Defog. If using a variant with Defog, try to bring Crobat in on a Fighting- or Grass-type and Defog on the switch or gain momentum with U-turn. If using Taunt, bringing Crobat in off of a U-turn, Volt Switch, or double switch against their the opponent's Defogger or entry hazard setter is the best way to keep the foe from doing its respective job. Finally, if using Taunt, Crobat can stallbreak to an extent by crippling the foes with Taunt.

Team Options
========

Crobat fits well on balance, offense, and bulky offense teams that require entry hazard control or a check to Fighting- and Grass-types. Variants of Crobat carrying Taunt fit well on offensive teams as it they can keep your entry hazards on the field by using Taunt to prevent the foe from Defogging, and can also be useful in keeping the opponent from setting entry hazards of their own. Crobat utilizing Defog works very well on balanced and bulky offense teams for its ability to clear away entry hazards multiple times throughout the course of the match. In terms of specific teammates, Swampert is notable for its good defensive synergy with Crobat, with Swampert taking on Rock- and Electric-types while Crobat can beats Grass-types and Guts-using Fighting-types such as Machamp for Swampert. Also, Crobat has good use in a core consisting of Crobat, Jirachi, and a Dragon-type, often Hydreigon or Mega Ampharos, for their notable defensive synergy and ability to check multiple threats.

BRAVE BAT
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a strong and reliable STAB move that is easy to spam and is useful for smashing offensive teams and cleaning late-game. U-turn is valuable for gaining momentum and wearing down Crobat's counters over the course of the match, especially when boosted by Choice Band. Cross Poison is a secondary STAB move that hits Electric- and Fairy-types slightly harder, but the only Electric-types that takes significant damage from it is Raikou, which is 2HKOed by Brave Bird I'm assuming? after Stealth Rock anyway, and Cross Poison only has a chance to OHKO Florges after Stealth Rock. Because of this, it can be omitted in the favor of Defog for clearing entry hazards. Finally, the last slot is a toss-up between Defog, which can clear entry hazards for its Crobat's team in a pinch, or Sleep Talk, which allows Crobat to absorb sleep-inducing moves.

Set Details
========

Full investment in Attack and Speed along with a Jolly nature maximizes Crobat's capabilities as a cleaner, revenge killer, and breaker 'breaker' isn't exactly a coined term against offensive teams. Choice Band allows Crobat to punch major holes in offensive teams and put heavy damage on anything that doesn't resist its powerful Brave Bird. Infiltrator helps Crobat hurt users of Substitute such as Substitute + Calm Mind Suicune and Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure.

Usage Tips
========

This set serves as a check to Fighting- and Grass-types because of its great defensive typing and access to STAB Brave Bird. It also does heavy damage to offensive teams thanks to its great Speed and strength with a Choice Band equipped. It also takes care of common of Substitute-using setup sweepers with the exception of Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi and Substitute + Coil Zygarde. isn't that thing banned?

Team Options
========

Swampert makes for a good partner for Crobat thanks to their great defensive synergy and the fact that it can set up Stealth Rock for Crobat, making its Crobat's job of punching holes in the opponent's team easier. In return, Crobat can take care of troublesome Grass-types such as Shaymin, Roserade, Celebi, and Chesnaught. Dugtrio also makes for a good partner for its ability to trap and KO Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types that trouble Crobat.

Other Options
########

A set utilizing Choice Scarf can be used as a very specialized late-game cleaner as it outpaces all relevant Choice Scarf users, allows Crobat to use an Adamant nature, and grants 80 extra EVs that can be placed in HP, (AC) a godsend for a late-game cleaner using recoil moves. Hypnosis can be used to put a foe to sleep, but it is hard to fit onto a set and isn't very reliable. A specially based set utilizing Nasty Plot as a setup sweeper can be used, but it forgoes one of Crobat's main attractions in its ability to quickly fire off a powerful Brave Bird, as a special Crobat requires setup to deal significant damage. Whirlwind can be used on the support set to deal with setup sweepers and rack up entry hazard damage, but it is rather hard to fit onto a set over its Crobat's other options. Finally, Haze can be used to stop setup sweepers, but Defog, Taunt, U-turn, and Toxic are better options for Crobat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Ampharos, and Rotom-H resist Brave Bird and can OHKO Crobat back with a STAB Thunderbolt.

**Mega Aerodactyl**: Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds and can take whatever Crobat throws at it and can Taunt Crobat to prevent it Crobat from using Defog, set up Stealth Rock, use Defog, or KO with Stone Edge.

1/2

Last edited:

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add/(un)Capitalize
remove
(comments)
Overview
########

Crobat's unique combination of stats, typing, and movepool make it an interesting for a unique (repetition of "unique") Pokemon in UU. By virtue of its decent bulk, Speed, and Attack, it Crobat is arguably the best check to Fighting- and Grass-type Pokemon in UU, having enough bulk and a good typing to take any of their STAB moves and the Speed and Attack to strike back. It has a great movepool, including access to Defog, Taunt, U-turn, Roost, and STAB moves of choice, allowing it to function as an excellent team supporter. Thanks to its amazing Speed and decent Attack stats, it can be an effective user of Choice Band for decimating offensive teams. While decent enough to get by, base 90 Attack is nothing to write home about, so Crobat's Choice Band set often isn't powerful enough to take apart defensive builds. The same goes for its Crobat's bulk; while it gets the job done, don't expect Crobat to be sponging attacks all day long.

Support
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a powerful, reliable STAB move that hits rather hard off the bat and OHKOes many Fighting- and Grass-types such as Mienshao, Machamp, Toxicroak, Infernape, Shaymin, Roserade, and Chesnaught, therefore completing Crobat's job of checking them. However, Acrobatics can be run without an item to take Knock Off better and by extension effectively counter Mega Beedrill. U-turn is valuable for the momentum it gains for the team, but can be omitted in favor of Toxic, which cripples walls and puts sweepers on a timer, or Taunt, which also cripples walls and can be used well in conjunction with Defog. Defog allows Crobat to clear entry hazards for your team. However, Taunt can be used on more offensive teams to keep foes opponents from clearing away your own entry hazards with Defog and to cripple opposing walls. Finally, Roost is important in the last moveslot for reliable recovery and allowing Crobat to clear entry hazards and or check Fighting- and Grass-types multiple times throughout the match.
Set Details
========

The given HP EVs maximize Crobat's HP while rounding down damage taken from Stealth Rock. 200 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature are enough to outspeed Noivern, but Crobat also outspeeds other threats such as Mega Pidgeot and non-Mega Alakazam. The rest of the EVs are placed in Defense to check physical Fighting-types and Mega Beedrill better. Sky Plate can be used with 252 EVs in Attack to have more offensive presence, (RC) and can be useful on more offensively based teams. If countering Mega Beedrill is a priority, then no item with and Acrobatics can be used to take less damage from its Knock Off. Infiltrator is the ability of choice to hit Pokemon that are behind a Substitute users, but Inner Focus can be used to avoid being flinched by flinches from Jirachi and other random flinching.

Usage Tips
========

This Crobat set serves as a check to the Fighting- and Grass-types in UU and controls while controlling entry hazards in the process, be it through Taunt or Defog. If using a variant with Defog, try to bring Crobat in on a Fighting- or Grass-type and Defog on the switch or gain momentum with U-turn. If using Taunt, bringing Crobat in against the opponent's Defogger or entry hazard setter via off of a U-turn, Volt Switch, or a double switch against the opponent's Defogger or entry hazard setter is the best way to keep the foe from doing its respective job. Finally, if using Taunt, Crobat can stallbreak to an extent by crippling the foes with Taunt.
Team Options
========

Crobat fits well on balance, offense, and bulky offense teams that require entry hazard control or a check to Fighting- and Grass-types. Variants of Crobat carrying Taunt fit well on offensive teams, (AC) as they can keep your entry hazards on the field by using Taunt to prevent the foe from Defogging, (RC) and can also be useful in keeping foes the opponent from setting entry hazards of their own. Crobat utilizing Defog works very well on balanced and bulky offense teams for its ability to clear away entry hazards multiple times throughout the course of the match. In terms of specific teammates, Swampert is notable for its good defensive synergy with Crobat, with Swampert taking on Rock- and Electric-types and while Crobat beats beating Grass-types and Guts-using Fighting-types, (AC) such as Machamp for Swampert. Also, Crobat has good use in a core consisting of Crobat, Jirachi, and a Dragon-type, often Hydreigon or Mega Ampharos, for their notable defensive synergy and ability to check multiple threats.

BRAVE BAT
########

Moves
========

Brave Bird is a strong and reliable STAB move that is easy to spam and is useful for smashing offensive teams and cleaning late-game. U-turn is valuable for gaining momentum and wearing down Crobat's counters over the course of the match, especially when boosted by Choice Band. Cross Poison is a secondary STAB move that hits Electric- and Fairy-types slightly harder than Brave Bird does, but the only Electric-type that takes significant damage from it is Raikou, which is 2HKOed by Brave Bird after Stealth Rock anyway, and Cross Poison it only has only a chance to OHKO Florges after Stealth Rock. Because of this, it can be omitted in the favor of Defog for clearing entry hazards. Finally, the last moveslot is a toss-up between Defog, which can clear entry hazards for Crobat's team in a pinch, or and Sleep Talk, which allows Crobat to absorb sleep-inducing moves.

Set Details
========

Full investment in Attack and Speed along with a Jolly nature maximizes Crobat's capabilities as a cleaner, revenge killer, and hard-(add hyphen)hitter against offensive teams. Choice Band allows Crobat to punch major holes in offensive teams and put heavy damage on anything deal heavy damage to any Pokemon that doesn't resist its powerful Brave Bird. Infiltrator helps Crobat hurt users of Substitute such as Substitute + Calm Mind Suicune and Substitute + Calm Mind Chandelure.
Usage Tips
========

This set serves as a check to Fighting- and Grass-types because of its great defensive typing and access to STAB Brave Bird. It also does heavy damage to offensive teams thanks to its great Speed and strength with a Choice Band equipped. It also takes care of common of Substitute-using setup sweepers with the exception of Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi.

Team Options
========

Swampert is makes for a good partner for Crobat thanks to their great defensive synergy together and the fact that it can set up Stealth Rock for Crobat, making Crobat's job of punching holes in the opponent's team easier. In return, Crobat can take care of troublesome Grass-types such as Shaymin, Roserade, Celebi, and Chesnaught. Dugtrio also makes for a good partner for its ability to trap and KO Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types that trouble Crobat.

Other Options
########

A set utilizing Choice Scarf can be used as a very specialized late-game cleaner, (AC) as it outpaces all relevant Choice Scarf users, allows Crobat to use an Adamant nature, and grants 80 extra EVs that can be placed in HP, a godsend for a late-game cleaner using recoil moves. Hypnosis can be used to put a foe to sleep, (RC) but it is hard to fit onto a set and isn't very reliable. A specially based set utilizing Nasty Plot as to be a setup sweeper can be used, but it forgoes one of Crobat's main attractions in its ability to quickly fire off a powerful Brave Bird, as and a special Crobat requires setup to deal significant damage. Whirlwind can be used on the support set to deal with setup sweepers and rack up entry hazard damage, (RC) but it is rather hard to fit onto a set over Crobat's other options. Finally, Haze can be used to stop setup sweepers, but Defog, Taunt, U-turn, and Toxic are better options for Crobat.
Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-types such as Raikou, Mega Ampharos, and Rotom-H resist Brave Bird and can OHKO Crobat with a STAB Thunderbolt.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Jirachi, Mega Aggron, Forretress, and Empoleon resist Brave Bird and can do whatever they like against Crobat, be it set up entry hazards, remove them, or attack.

**Mega Aerodactyl**: Mega Aerodactyl outspeeds Crobat and can take whatever any of Crobat's attacks and then use Taunt Crobat throws at it and can Taunt Crobat to prevent Crobat from using Defog, set up Stealth Rock, use Defog itself, or KO Crobat with Stone Edge.

GP 2/2

*This is a pointless asterisk.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)