ORAS Doubles OU Blue Not Blue :>

Introduction:3
I signed up for Farm League this week, and hadn't made any competitive teams yet for oras doubles. So i decided to make one. This is the final product.

Overview:
The first round was a 3 man round robin and I had to face AuraRayquaza and Chisabelle(I think that's how you spell it). Well I beat them both, so i am 2-0 so far :] I think the team is decent, but it does have some flaws. The team is heavily pressured by Talonflame and bird spam in general. The thing I like most about this team is that is does great against trick room because it has 3 of the biggest threats against tr(bisharp,amoongus, and goggles cress).

#1 Kyurem

Blue (Kyurem) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect
Well for a long time i have wanted to use regular Kyurem and never had the motivation to do so, I've used Kyurem B in the past and it has been great, but regular Kyurem is cooler to me for some reason. This particular set outspeeds 252 neutral speed nature base 70's. I usually don't lead out with Kyurem, it's mostly used as an offensive pivot and a hard hitting tank. Either chople or haban berry is fine as it's item.

#2 Bisharp

Blue (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
When thinking of what pairs well with Kyurem, fairy and dragon types were a big concern of mine so I decided to add a Bisharp to the team. The set is very standard, max attack adamant with a life orb to hit as hard as possible. Sash or even a lum berry could be used as alternative items, but I felt life orb was the best option. Bisharp gets rid of big threats to Kyurem like Sylveon, Latios/Latias, Landorus-T, Mega Metagross, and a lot of other mons.

#3 Amoongus
Blue (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
As I was looking at my team, I realized i had a huge fighting weakness(mainly keldeo), so I decided to add the ultimate Keldeo counter Amoongus. Amoongus also screws over trick room teams and stops many big threats in the meta. I got this spread from a KyleCole video, and it apparently survives a heat wave from Mega Charizard Y in the sun. It has 0 speed IV's to outspeed almost everything in trick room. Sitrus Berry is the best item for Amoongus to hold in my opinion, because it maximizes it's health and longevity.

#4 Landorus-T
Not Blue (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Explosion
The next mon i decided to add was choice scarf lando. Choice scarf lando, which is arguably one of the best mons in doubles, fits on any team practically. Lando also helps with my fighting weakness a little bit. I have a crazy Talonflame weakness a this point and lando can take at least one hit and kill with rock slide. Intimidate is a great ability which helps the entire team take some powerful physical hits. I made it jolly because I wanted to outspeed everything i could. Another big reason why I decided to put lando on my team is because Charizard Y is a HUGE threat to my team and lando always outspeeds and kills with rock slide.

#5 Cresselia

Blue (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
I added cress because goggles cress with ice beam is one of my favorite mons to use right now. This spread was given to me by the trick room master Fangame10 :] I didn't bother asking him what it does, but I'm sure it does some cool stuff. Helping hand is there to aid the team, ice beam to hit lando, Garchomp and, Mega Salamence. Psychic to beat Amoongus, Keldeo, Terrak, and Breloom. Moonlight is there so you can stay on the field for the whole game basically.

#6 Infernape

Not Blue (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 116 Atk / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Close Combat
- Heat Wave
I was looking at my team, trying to decide who I wanted as the last member. I knew I needed a fire type, and something so beat Mega Kanga and Bisharp. The only thing that came to my head was Infernape :] I didn't have a spread so i looked up sets from 5th gen and this was one of them. Close combat always kills Kangaskan, heat wave destroys Ferrothorn, Scizor, and steels in general. For the item life orb can be used over focus sash if you want some extra power. Fake out/encore is a deadly combo if your opponent's pokemon use protect.

The End :I
*note the names make sense if you saw their sprites but i'm lazy and didn't put them in. :I

rotw

Last edited:
how about you put the sprites in the rmt you dork

Anyways, you got a pretty cool team. I do definitely see the weakness to Talonflame, though. A simple fix would be just to use Rotom-H > Infernape. This would give you a switch in to the flaming bird and doesn't match up terribly against Mega Kangaskhan thanks to Will-O-Wisp. This would also take a bit of pressure off of Landorus-T to knock out Charizard-Y.

Kangaskhan's still a bit shaky of a match up though, so I definitely recommend Superpower > Explosion on Lando-T. It gives you a quick way to KO slightly weakened Kangaskhan and Mamoswine, which does major damage to all of your team members except for Cress (and Rotom if you put that in).

Since you're running Moonlight on Cresselia, I'd also recommend a more offensive EV spread so you can knock out opposing Landorus in one hit with Ice Beam. 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA with a Modest Nature allows you to OHKO Landorus-T with Ice Beam. With reliable recovery, I don't think you're going to be missing your more defensive spread too much. I'd also give Psyshock > Psychic a spin because it does more damage to the standard, more specially defensive Amoonguss spread.

Cresselia (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Moonlight

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 88 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

EV Spread survives Landorus-T Adamant Stone Edge and outspeeds Positive Base 70s (Breloom).

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
116 Atk Infernape Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 300-354 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO ?

140 SpA Infernape Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 324-384 (92 - 109%) -- 50% chance to OHKO ?

You should probably just use a Life Orb instead of slashing 'em because Kanga kind of eats your team alive in it's current form, even more so if it has any sort of redirection. Also QSNS is wrong about the whole Psyshock > Psychic hitting standard Amoonguss harder; Psychic does about 3% more, barring 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD Sassy variants (which is actually not the standard, who keeps telling people it is?). I'll look a bit more into the team, but it looks really cool (no mega is an interesting choice). Nice work Deo :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)