Media One Piece (spoilers!)

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
i think from reddit it said just no chapter this week so 1 week i guess?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great chapter, lovely stuff from Hajrudin. Looks like the colosseum fighters still have a role to play. Bellamy Haki? Or is that because of Doflamingo?

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Great chapter, lovely stuff from Hajrudin. Looks like the colosseum fighters still have a role to play. Bellamy Haki? Or is that because of Doflamingo?
Seeing Hajrudin go that far was pretty damn nuts, man broke his leg and arm, but he p much one shotted Machvise imo, Coronis probably because of Doffy, probably re-ignited Bellamy, but even then, its annoying that he didn't display any sign of it before hand.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Everything was cool but it's starting to get annoying how Zoro is more busy delivering cool one-liners than actually kicking Pica's ass. I would also prefer Oda to focus more on one fight or plot and not jump around, but it's been established that Dressrosa is going to be chaotic like this, so i can't say i am surprised.

I'm catching up with one piece, currently at the start of the Fishman Island (Chap 611), it seems pretty boring but i heard that Dressrosa was pretty amazing so i don't mind

CrushinDefeat

I'm catching up with one piece, currently at the start of the Fishman Island (Chap 611), it seems pretty boring but i heard that Dressrosa was pretty amazing so i don't mind
It'll get a bit better, the earlier start of Fishman Island is a bit boring, but the symbolism is really powerful, some moments in the manga were done absolutely amazing in the anime during Fishman Island.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It'll get a bit better, the earlier start of Fishman Island is a bit boring, but the symbolism is really powerful, some moments in the manga were done absolutely amazing in the anime during Fishman Island.
Strong difference of opinion there..I think the anime completely fucked up FIshman Island. Think Zoro's scene vs. Hodi, and Hodi giving Luffy WAY more of a fight in the anime than the manga, to the level of the anime implying Hodi was on Luffy's level.

I will agree the symbolism is pretty powerful AND that a lot of super important stuff is set up in the arc though.

CrushinDefeat

Strong difference of opinion there..I think the anime completely fucked up FIshman Island. Think Zoro's scene vs. Hodi, and Hodi giving Luffy WAY more of a fight in the anime than the manga, to the level of the anime implying Hodi was on Luffy's level.

I will agree the symbolism is pretty powerful AND that a lot of super important stuff is set up in the arc though.
I agree, I think the anime did do a terrible job in some areas, but I liked seeing other areas done in the anime though, yeah the fight transition for Hody and Luffy was horrendous, however I did enjoy seeing a Red Hawk in action, shame he didn't go down like he was supposed to since it devalued it pretty much.

CrushinDefeat

I'm pretty high on Bellamy for being nakama.

and pretty short chapter. can't they just down 2 or 3 doffy crew in one chapter?
So far they've KO'ed Machvise, Sugar, and Jora, its not too bad, its a bit difficult to determine tho cause some fights are just starting some are mid process. I'd like to see Zoro finish Pica off, because their fight doesn't feel like a great fight, it feels one sided since Zoro is endlessly cutting through him. I still think theres still plenty more for this arc, 2/3 Doffy members getting KO'ed would be great but it may drag out even longer, S/O to Sai for making Baby 5 the bae tho!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bit of an asspull with Sai there I thought. Though looking back I remember that the Frozen Continent's treasure was passed down through the family. Would be funny if Baby 5 started fighting against the Dolamingo family.

Agree, but this seems a set-up for something big about SH. To succeed in New World, he'll badly need these allies.

I'm just glad they downed 2 this time. Hopefully, they get 3 next issue.

why did doffy bother cutting of Law's arm if he can just re-attach it again??

Law can right
Yeah so just because he can heal it doesn't save him from fucking agonizing pain. Even if Doffy knew he could heal it, it's still a physical and psychological blow, and in addition will waste further resources in the form of stamina. No matter how you look at it, it was a move worth investing in from Doffy's vantage point.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
is there a chapter this week?

(merry christmas)

edit: the cover of shonen is out, so there will be a chapter. just seems a little delayed (no spoilers even)

Last edited:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
it's his alternate personality, the one that knocked out all the gladiators besides rebecca in block d of the tournament

name starts with an h, forgetting the spelling

Hakuba reawakens.

I was wondering why Dellinger had those horns and thought it was just a hat at first, him being a fish man honestly surprised me.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So that just leaves Gladius and Senor Pink as the last remaining non-officers. I would be surprised if Hakuba/Cabbage took down Gladius is well... Maybe Gladius will actually hit Robin and enrage Bart enough to take him down? (For those of you who don't remember like I didn't, Buffalo got beat way back by Kyros).

I sort of hope Robin becomes instrumental (for once) in a battle and helps take down Diamente, but I don't know how Robin could get past the Steel cape.

I wonder who will take down Senor Pink. It seems out of place for Franky to do it at this point. Who's left from the Coliseum fighters?

Edit: Suleiman and Blue Gilly got kinda beat down by Dellinger but might still be around to beat Senor Pink. Other than that the King Punch guy and his little gnome friend are still in fighting shape. Everyone else is done.

Last edited:
So yeah I guess that Zoro Panel is foreshadowing a future conflict where allies of the Staw Hats may be called upon. Is it me though or OP is progressively getting more brutal? First we have Doffy severe an arm and now Dellinger acting Jaws on that poor fellow. I still think Robin snapping the CP9's back is the most painful to watch so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)